Transformers Super Thread 8

azrael

I would really love to see a nice (Leader class perhaps) version of Long Haul from ROTF. Concept art of him can be seen here

I'd like to see one of Long bow that was posted a a few pages back, too.

Chris

Woohoo! Got my ROTF Leader Prime last night. This guy completely blows Movie Prime 1.0 out of the water. It took me over an hour to transform him for the first time, as I don't use the instruction manual. After having problems with the chest pieces, I finally cheated and looked at the barely coherent manual.

This toy is simply a masterpiece for its price range. My only complaint is that the forearm swords and "shields" get in the way of the shoulder armor plates. Otherwise, this toy is perfect.

Now to go find Human Alliance Bumblebee.

Edited by areaseven

I'm really hoping to pick up a leader Prime this week. Trying to decide if I should paint him up a bit though. Still I've heard nothing but great things about this new Prime and with the sales going on at both Toys R Us and Target it seems like a good time to snag one.

I'm really hoping to pick up a leader Prime this week. Trying to decide if I should paint him up a bit though. Still I've heard nothing but great things about this new Prime and with the sales going on at both Toys R Us and Target it seems like a good time to snag one.

He will need a little bit of silver paint on the door frames, windshield wipers and headlights on the chest pieces, and the utility boxes on the leg pieces. Otherwise, he's a perfect display piece.

eugimon, That is awesome!

Great picture.

So which is your favorite one?

I have been wanting the 20th anniversary or masterpiece one for a long time and have started bidding on some loose incomplete ones because I cant afford to shell out for a MIB one on ebay.

I also like the leader class ROTF one too.

What is the small one in front? That has a nice sculpt.

Edited by miriya

Thanks!

The little guy is the THS-02, designed by kawamori himself. comes with a ton of extras including an autobot insignia stand, jet pack, trailer and energy ax. Posability is great but truck mode is pretty much ass. Someone described it as Prime's torso balancing on wheels and that pretty much sums it up.

_DSC5474.jpg

I'd have to say MP Convoy is still my favorite and then the alternity Convoy. I know, not a truck but I think it's a fantastic sculpt, then the THS-02, followed by the new RotF Prime.

Edited by eugimon

Thanks for that.

I just lost the auction I was trying to get while putting my boy to bed! Oh well, on to another auction! Maybe I will get the THS-02. That looks great.

Heh, my 3yr old loves THS-02 Prime. He calls it "baby-prime" and gushes over it, "Oooooh, so cute!" Too bad it's a delicate little thing or I'd let him play with it. That and I think I paid 50 bucks for it. Not that he doesn't 50 dollar toys (those Thomas the train toys are freaking expensive) but I'm not going to let him play with MY 50$ dollar toy.

:lol:

Heh, my 3yr old loves THS-02 Prime. He calls it "baby-prime" and gushes over it, "Oooooh, so cute!" Too bad it's a delicate little thing or I'd let him play with it. That and I think I paid 50 bucks for it. Not that he doesn't 50 dollar toys (those Thomas the train toys are freaking expensive) but I'm not going to let him play with MY 50$ dollar toy.

:lol:

Funny! I know. The Sodor Suspension Bridge made my wallet vomit. It does put things into perspective.

Human Alliance Bumblebee just arrived!

This thing is totally awesome! I have been wanting a good bumblebee with a nice sculpt since the first movie and this one does it for me. It has some good gimmicks like the slide down mask and the shooting missiles. The Sam figure was a good idea and is a nice gimmick but the face looks retarded and since I dont really care for his character or the actor much it makes the gimmick a bit less cool. I may try to put an evangelion Rei in there instead or maybe asuka.

One of my friends wants the sam figure to blow up with fireworks.

Anyway, I recommend the human alliance bumblebee for anyone who wants a nice sized bumblebee with a good sculpt.

Picked up Deluxe Rampage and Breakaway this afternoon and was pleasantly surprised with both. Rampage could use some paint here and there to make him look more like the photos Hasbro used, but the sculpt/transformation is actually pretty good/fun. Breakaway is a solid little Jet with decently hidden robot elements and a pretty neat transformation. His legs are a little plain, but otherwise he's a decent buy.

Had to go to a couple different stores, but I found a Leader Prime and I'm just as thrilled as can be. He is an immensely solid representation of the movie Prime and is just fun to look at. Haven't transformed him yet though. Couple of paint gripes here and there, since the production photos have certain things painted up copper and such, but again nothing I quick hand-brushing cant fix. Still none of those little nit picks really detracts from this figure and I doubt we'll see anything better unless they decide to MP him. At any rate, he is just about perfect right out of the box.

Some pictures of the Takara version are floating around and they don't look repainted at all. So I wonder if we'll even get a premium version. I'd definitely buy one even though I have the standard.

Oh and here we have some images of stuff I haven't seen on shelves including Voyager Long Haul.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

Leader-class molds cost a lot of money, and frankly "nightwatch Prime" variants don't sell that well AFAIK---people buy $10 repaints, not $45 repaints. They'll just wait a year or so IMHO, so as to avoid cries of "double-dipping".

ok.

i've seen Jetfire leader-class at wally's last sunday. like 8 of them. for something so fugly, it's already all gone by today.

then there was Bumblebee Human Alliance edition for like $30. At wally's. i don't really see anything in it that makes it worth $30.

honestly, aside from Prime-v2, i really dont see anything in the ROTF-line to be purchase-worthy.

as such, i'm still not even sure whether to get Prime v2 or not.

then there was Bumblebee Human Alliance edition for like $30. At wally's. i don't really see anything in it that makes it worth $30.
For me, it was the detail, sculpt, and playability. Looks small in car mode but in robot mode it is bigger than the voyager figures by a bit. Very sturdy too. Unless Haskaromy makes a Masterpiece Bumblebee or unless a sequel comes out with a retooled Human Alliance version, there won't be a better movie Bumblebee figure.

Human Alliance Bumblebee just arrived!

This thing is totally awesome! I have been wanting a good bumblebee with a nice sculpt since the first movie and this one does it for me. It has some good gimmicks like the slide down mask and the shooting missiles. The Sam figure was a good idea and is a nice gimmick but the face looks retarded and since I dont really care for his character or the actor much it makes the gimmick a bit less cool. I may try to put an evangelion Rei in there instead or maybe asuka.

One of my friends wants the sam figure to blow up with fireworks.

Anyway, I recommend the human alliance bumblebee for anyone who wants a nice sized bumblebee with a good sculpt.

I don't know if has already been mentioned on this thread, but the legs on HA BB were assembled the wrong way around. It takes just a couple of minutes with a screwdriver.

so is anyone gonna get leader jetfire and prime and do the combo thing? I was debating it but now that I've seen it... blegh.

It's gonna be a coin-toss for me between Jetfire and Human Alliance Bumblebee.

Speaking of Bumblebee, has anyone here picked up the Deluxe Cannon version? Is he worth it if you already have every other version of the same mold?

so is anyone gonna get leader jetfire and prime and do the combo thing? I was debating it but now that I've seen it... blegh

This might be a good time for me to introduce everyone to ROTF Genericon:

33caow5.jpg

ROTF Genericon is, as most of you may well suspect, actually a completely mistransformed Henkei Astrotrain with a strange insect crudely copied, cut on via MS Paint and serving as its' head.

However, this is no mere coincidence. Initially, to prove my point, I had considered taking my entire collection - from Henkei, to Masterpiece, to G1, and mistransforming them to generally look like something out of Michael Bay's Transformers movies.

Then, as soon as I had completed posing Genericon here for his picture, I decided there were better things to do with my short, mortal life span.

Besides; Genericon alone should make the point. What is the point? Simple: appearances to the contrary, the aesthetic of the Bayformers is terrible NOT ONLY because it departs heavily from the original look of the Transformers; not only because it even departs heavily from the admitably extremely broad scope and range of Transformers toys issued throughout the decades - no. The aesthetic of Bayformers is terrible in its' own right for being just down right lazy.

To take something that looks like a car or a plane and turn it into something that resembles a samuraii, a knight, an armored warrior with generally humanoid shape and form - this is not an easy task. Much criticism has often been laid at the feet of Transformers for anthropomorphizing the robots. Initially, Marvel comics did this because it was the best way to make it easy to draw them quickly for the comics. However, let's also celebrate the fact that by inadvertantly making the robots LOOK like super heroes of various sorts - the comics (and later cartoons) presented a wonderful challenge to engineers. A challenge, because it is not easy to make - say - a Walther P-38 actually transform into the original Megatron. It's not easy to make a sleek F-15 transform into the rather boxy seekers. The list could go on.

On the other hand, with regard to Michael Bay's Transformers - it's actually quite easy to make a vehicle fold out into twenty randomly twisted parts with some fungus on a peg thrown in for good measure and called "th head."

Let Genericon up there testify. Lo and behold Gnericon does not have any legs - at least not by human standards. But why should he? He's an alien from another planet, and the scientific laws of evolution which seem to imply that having legs is actually useful don't apply because we're talking about aliens. And to demonstrate just how alien Genericon is - he has a vague stand-like thing with some boosters out front.

The boosters - when ignited - do flip him backwards, but, waving his four random limbs around and adjusting for variable wind, this only helps Genericon mode forward - doing back flips.

Yes, that's right. Back flips. Albeit backwards back flips.

And this is how Genericon moves forward.

What?

You expected him to walk? Only humans do that silly.

These are aliens.

As for Genericon's limbs - he has three claw like elements at the end of the middle limbs. He really can't hold anything in these claws and they really don't seem to be very nimble. But holding things and being nimble is a traight of human hands - and - yes, that's right - Genericon is an alien after all.

And finally - we come to the limbs up top. These are Genericon's generic extra limbs, to signify how alien he is, because if he only had two limbs above his torso, it would look too human - and these are aliens.

ok.

i've seen Jetfire leader-class at wally's last sunday. like 8 of them. for something so fugly, it's already all gone by today.

Well beauty lies in the eye of beholder lol

At least in alt mode it look alright and quite large..

DSC08128.jpg

And the detail is quite nice when you do the custom paint (it got some nice sculptured part on the body, more detail than yamato!)

3677635764_e9188ff307_o.jpg

3677635018_902da54337_o.jpg

frenzy_rumble is awesome on doing customs!

Edited by ntsan

Man, now I really want to paint my soon-to-arrive Jetfire like that. ::edit:: Seems he does just mainly use drybrushing----just LOTS of it, in multiple layers and colors in a single area. Hmmmmn. I rarely drybrush, and then only raised details, not areas. May have to experiment on something. (maybe my Animated Swindle)

Awww, nuts...

The robot hanging under it isn't hidden at all. And unlike Classic Silverbolt, it doesn't really blend.

But it's a QBerting Blackbird... complete with Skunk Works logo on the tail.

I want to not want it... but I want it.

*squints at picture*

I maybe mistaken, but I think that's actually an A-12 nose, not an SR-71.

Definitely not a YF-12. :(

Edit: I am mistaken. It's definitely an SR-71 nose.

Edited by JB0

I've been debating doing this to my new Prime...or buying a second and trying it. I'm kinda concerned seeing it torn up like that though. I'm pretty savvy about building things and taking them apart and stuff but I'd be worried I'd screw up putting him back together...or damage him when taking it apart.

I was thinking more about a true MP Movie Prime and I kind of wonder if we'd ever see it. All the MPs are more a Takara endeavor (at least I think) and I just wonder if the movie/design is even popular enough (over there) to warrant its manufacture.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken