Transformers Super Thread 8

azrael

Well - in all fairness, regarding the Optimus Prime shoulders - the Transformers are not meant to be completely anthropomorphic in this movie, ergo the shoulders are acceptable...kind sorta...

Pete

I'm not saying I think his proportions are wrong, just that they don't look pleasing to me. He could look exactly like the film version for all I know, but I'd still feel the same. :)

Not sure if anyone posted about this already. The season 1 DVD of Transformers is out in the stores since Tuesday. I picked it up at Best Buy for $19.99.

Edit: But, get it at Target if you can becuase it's $16.99 there. :)

Edited by sharky

Not sure if anyone posted about this already. The season 1 DVD of Transformers is out in the stores since Tuesday. I picked it up at Best Buy for $19.99.

I picked it up for $16.99 at Target.

I'm not sure what extras are going to wind up exclusive to the Matrix box set, but I just don't have $140 to drop on it in this tight times, let alone a place to stick it. I can swing $20-$30 here and there on DVDs that'll fit in my normal DVD shelf, though. I guess I'm just going to pick them up individually.

Does anyone know if Shout Factory is going to be doing any Transformers other than G1? I haven yet, but might still pick up the complete Engeron and Cybertron sets from Rhino. It'd be nice if SF could do complete sets for RiD and Armada.

Also got roped into getting the bike sisters (well, just Chromia for now), but I gotta have them all just to see that combined mode.

I really hope they do look cool. I haven't seen any pics of the bikes combined or of Skids and Mudflap combined.

I hope it's a decent combination, not like Gladiator Force Voltron ( Lightspeed ElectroGod Albegas ), where it was just three robots basically stacked on top of each other.

I picked it up for $16.99 at Target.

I'm not sure what extras are going to wind up exclusive to the Matrix box set, but I just don't have $140 to drop on it in this tight times, let alone a place to stick it. I can swing $20-$30 here and there on DVDs that'll fit in my normal DVD shelf, though. I guess I'm just going to pick them up individually.

Does anyone know if Shout Factory is going to be doing any Transformers other than G1? I haven yet, but might still pick up the complete Engeron and Cybertron sets from Rhino. It'd be nice if SF could do complete sets for RiD and Armada.

Damn, I'm not sure why I missed that in the Target ad. I'm gonna take the ad to Best Buy to get a price match.

I decided to get this one becuase I will most likely not get all the seasons. I will pick and choose which ones I like best. Same for the the GI-Joe seasons coming out.

Edited by sharky

Damn, I'm not sure why I missed that in the Target add. I'm gonna take the ad to Best Buy to get a price match.

I decided to get this one becuase I will most likely not get all the seasons. I will pick and choose which ones I like best. Same for the the GI-Joe seasons coming out.

Yeah, I'm picking and choosing too. I picked the Transformers seasons, and not the G.I. Joe ones.

Don't know why, but as a kid, I never really got into G.I. Joe.

I love my girlfriend. I mention that HA Bumblebee was in Tampa at a K-Mart and since she still works out there went out of her way to pick it up for me. The great thing is that while she doesn't mind my toy hobbies for some reason robots creep her out more than action figures and doesn't stay around in my office too long because of all the transforming robots I have. So for her to go out of her way to by it for me is awesome. Now to kill 10 hours while she is at work and I wait impatiently for my new figure.

I'm not saying I think his proportions are wrong, just that they don't look pleasing to me. He could look exactly like the film version for all I know, but I'd still feel the same.
The shoulders do look a bit too wide, despite being able to compress inwards more(due to the double jointed shoulder hinges). It doesn't look as bad in person as it does on the net though.

HOLD UP!!! WTF?!?!?! The entire 1st season is available on DVD now for only $19.99??? I will stop by Best Buy on my lunch break tomorrow to cop a copy! Do you know if the other seasons will be released? I've been checking online for the box set but keep coming up with the Japanese version and it is outrageously price. Got to start checking my Sunday ads! Thanks for sharing the info!

But season 1 is only 16 eps so it makes since it is only 20 dollars or less

True that, but my hope is that the other seasons will be released as well. That way I can get actual US versions off all the episodes. Having the original box set would be majorly cool, but at this point I just want the original episodes to sit and watch with my son on the big screen. Hopefully its been digitally remastered and maybe has 5.1 sound to enjoy in the man cave!

Pfft hell naw. This is the same footage as the Rhino release except all the unfinished scenes have been replaced with VHS quality scenes that are actually finished. Oh and it has a stereo track. What do you expect the show was made in mono.

But you should still buy it for Bob Budiansky.

True that, but my hope is that the other seasons will be released as well. That way I can get actual US versions off all the episodes. Having the original box set would be majorly cool, but at this point I just want the original episodes to sit and watch with my son on the big screen. Hopefully its been digitally remastered and maybe has 5.1 sound to enjoy in the man cave!

Full series box set is supposed to be released next month from what I hear.

What do you expect the show was made in mono.

The same could be said for some older movies. I believe Star Wars was one of the first movies to use Dolby Stereo and they were able to re-do the sound in 5.1 as was the Macross SDF-1 DVD's by ADV. Only someone that might be distracted by the new sounds would be me as my son is clueless. :D

Season 1 Rhino set: 16 episodes over 4 DVD's.

Season 1 Shoutfactory set: 16 Episodes over 2 DVD's.

Complete Chinese TF Wood box set.

Watched the first episode over computer monitors(viewsonic and dell) and lcd tv's(samsung and sharp). I prefer the Rhino version hands down. Less artifacting, gradient bleed, playback is smoother and less jerky.

I like the Shoutfactory Autobot Fridge Magnet though.

post-93-1245285859_thumb.jpg

Watched the first episode over computer monitors(viewsonic and dell) and lcd tv's(samsung and sharp). I prefer the Rhino version hands down. Less artifacting, gradient bleed, playback is smoother and less jerky.

Yes, but how do you tolerate the rejected animation scenes that were spliced into the Rhino version?

I'm actually in love with the Shout! box set. For once I'm not listening to crappy ass sfx's and horrible audio transfrers using whatever they could find they said....well, obviously not if Shout! got it right.

I already own all the Rhino ones (and my son watches them regularly) so really don't expect to buy the Shout ones. What's the deal with Bob Budiansky and the triple changers?

I cna;t seem to have any luck gscoring an activators cliffjumper. No luck in any stores, and on Ebay..oh, the bloodbath! Sniped at the last minute twice, and outbid way over I'd pay for it..hell, the latest auction is up to $31 I'd feel like an idiot trying to pay that much.

Posted this at TFW2005 about Human Alliance Bumblebee:

Just got my hands on this bad boy and I have been fiending for this damn thing ever since we saw images up late last year for it(wait was it last year?).

Anyways, the first thing that surprised me was that Sam is smaller than I expected. Barely 2" tall if even. The next thing was the amount of articulation that Hasbro crammed into him, my first impression was "how in the hell?!". Brilliant! Would have been cool to have elbow joints.

Anyways I wish this thing had ratchet joints or detents for all robot mode joints, and a more secure connection for the battle mask.

Otherwise, this definitely is the ultimate Bumblebee for me. The lack of a right hand does not bother me, it's got a ton of playability and detail, the addition of a driver figure kicks ass, articulation actually surpasses that of all movie deluxe Bumblebees, it's very sturdy, the size is great, and it strikes a great balance between detail and playability.

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if this ended up being the Transformer of the year. I hope Hasbro continues this line even after the movie ends, and branches out to G1 characters, planes(YES I'M CRAZY), and completes the cast of car Transformers from the movie. I was excitedly anticipating this figure for a very long time, and still managed to be surprised by it.

Oh and while I liked how it is the closest thing to a movie Alternator so far, it is also significantly durable than most Alternators. Also, the yellow thigh panels that are seen over the thighs can be left on the sides, in fact, doing so frees up hip movement more as the panels do not hit the abdominal area.

Best movie Bumblebee so far, unless Hasbro finds an excuse to tool up a Masterpiece version, or a new version if a sequel is greenlighted. For now, and for a long time to come, this is the definitive Bumblebee.

If you want a Bumblebee that has high durability yet colletor's appeal, don't buy thje $100 Ultimate Bumblebee, buy the Human Alliance version.

As much as I dislike how the Sideswipe Human Alliance figure has small legs(ruins the balanced look), after handling this Bumblebee, I eagerly anticipate any, and all upcoming figures from this line. It's really that damn good. I think Skids will kick ass.

HOLD UP!!! WTF?!?!?! The entire 1st season is available on DVD now for only $19.99??? I will stop by Best Buy on my lunch break tomorrow to cop a copy! Do you know if the other seasons will be released? I've been checking online for the box set but keep coming up with the Japanese version and it is outrageously price. Got to start checking my Sunday ads! Thanks for sharing the info!

The entire G1 boxset can be preordered now:

http://www.transformerscollectorsset.com/

This includes everything from the individual releases PLUS even more bonus content.

Just read on a Camaro forum from someone who's seen an actual "Bumblebee package" Camaro (presumably the first one made):

Standard striping. Not "accurized to match the movie". Thus, you can get far more accurate striping, cheaper, by going aftermarket. What a waste. (it does seem the insignia on the fenders are 3D, but you can buy pretty much the same things on Ebay)

I cna;t seem to have any luck gscoring an activators cliffjumper. No luck in any stores, and on Ebay..oh, the bloodbath! Sniped at the last minute twice, and outbid way over I'd pay for it..hell, the latest auction is up to $31 I'd feel like an idiot trying to pay that much.

Me neither!! I've been looking for him everywhere too ... without much luck.

:(

Leader Class Jetfire is up for preorder on Amazon -- $44.99, free shipping and July 1st release date. Sweet.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001TM5X2...x_ya_oh_product

THANK YOU!!! Free shipping + no sales tax!!! Just placed my pre-order!!!!

^_^

Edited by Vermillion21

Well, I finally got my hands on Me Bond, Grames Bond!...

2ijhrwk.jpg

I was very surprised by what has to be called the most liquid transformation I've ever encountered. It makes perfect sense for a beast-former though - since you want to get maximum poseability out of the beast mode - and anything with a tale has got to be squiggly-wiggly anyways.

As such - this guy has no only standard poseability - but the entire main body is wiggly. Not wiggly as in "loose" but a very sustained, controled wiggly which really allows you to bend and stretch to give the dino mode some dynamism and not make it look like a stiff machine.

Which is exactly what we got in the cartoon Grimlock - who was very agile in dino mode and not at all "stiff"

Now excuse me while I tune out of Transformers, go back to sleep and hopefully get woken up by the NEXT Masterpiece :)

Pete

Since there was so much talk about that Human Alliance Bumblebee I thought I'd post this: http://www.seibertron.com/toys/gallery.php...e=0&start=0

It's a fairly huge gallery of shots of the figure in both modes as well as comparison shots between this and other bee figures.

Got lucky yesterday while searching for movie stuff. Picked up Leader Prime for 54€, some 74,50 USD. Now the price sucks, but here in Spain you pay scalper price on normal stores. The lucky part was that the store where I bought it had a special of two free movie ticked for the TF movie for every 50 € spend on TF toys. So technically I only paid 51 USD for the toy.

Also found Human Alliance Bumblebee in another store of the same chain but didn’t get it because, unlike the fist place I went, they wouldn’t give me the tickets until the official start of the campaign (which is today). Either way, they are holding the toy for me.

Just by looks, I say HA Bumblebee is going to be one of my favourites. The yellow looks great and the Shia figure looks a lot better in person.

I finally have my HA Bumblebee and he is my favorite movie figure ever. Cool transformation, and tons of gimmicks:

Sam can ride in the car, sit in the seats in Robot mode, stand on the hand, and stand in his back

Bumblebee has his arm cannon, dual laser cannon from what is looks like, another gun on the hood and a hidden gun that comes up on his shoulder

Also his battle mask does slide down.

Great fig, tight joints, tons of posebility, and I highly recommend. I hope the rest of the Human Alliance line is just as nice.

Oh and his size is perfect his is huge compared to most other transformers from any line. Bigger than all deluxe, and most voyagers, yet still shorter than Leader Prime from both movies. This is the BB to get!

Edited by kanedaestes