Transformers Super Thread 8

azrael

Too bad this design didn't make the cut for the movie-the world needs more transforming heli gunships:Longbow
The funny thing is, the guy who drew that designed some of the Transformers in ROTF.

Look at the motorcycle bots. Both Chromia and Arcee have features on the back to allow them to combine, and it has been said in interviews that this was in the script, but got cut.
Their toys combine but the regular, deluxe Skids and Mudflap do not combine.
Of course, there are rumors of larger (Leader class?) Skids and Mudflap coming out later in the year, so maybe those are intended to combine.
Not leader, they are part of the Human Alliance line, which takes characters typically seen in deluxe size(cars so far), and gives them voyager sized toys....which are close to Alternators/Binaltech size. Skids, Sideswipe and Barricade are confirmed, but no mention of Mudflap yet.

I don't think Human Alliance Skids can combine with anyone, Mudflap hasn't even been confirmed for the line.

No Jetfires around here, but did see the new Scouts and Ravage for the first time. I very much liked Ravage in the movie (Zoid fan), but I'm kinda disappointed that the colors of the toy seem off---purple eye, black with lots of pale silver overall? Really looked very gunmetal overall to me on-screen. Plus, the tail doesn't seem removable/swappable.

nor the spine

You mean separate from the fact that

Leader Jetfire and Prime combine?

A third toy would have to be bot-mode only. And a "add-on only pack" is a waste since that's what

Jetfire

essentially already is, toy-wise.

I did a simple mod to HA Bee and his legs looks better now. By the way, it still transforms fine :)

BeeMod1a.jpg

BEFORE - Wheels facing inwards

AFTER - Wheels facing outwards

Thanks for sharing that. I like the mod. can you divulge your process? How exactly is it done?

Also what bumblebee is that on the left?

Thanks for sharing that. I like the mod. can you divulge your process? How exactly is it done?

Also what bumblebee is that on the left?

Ah ha. I've got it now. All you have to do is unscrew the waist and swap the legs. This will require you to rotate the waist 180 degrees for the transformation, which I was having problems with at first, but it works if you raise one leg 90 degrees, rotate at the waist 180 degrees, and then lower it back down facing the opposite direction. This should allow more clearance at the back for the leg to pass by the rear panel.

EDIT

...and after figuring this out, I found his post on TFW that describes it better.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-cus...ee-leg-mod.html

Edited by Zx31

Think ROTF devastator too sucky? There is another secret combiner out there :p

396.jpg

Seriously, please tell us more about this one. I have Sideswipe, Depth Charge, and Chromia (my three favorite from the toys for the new movie) but can't see how you combined them, since I can't find a way to get a solid connection. Are they just kind of sitting on top of each other? Please tell us more.

Notable for being (probably) by far the most "mis-transformed for a photo shoot" Transformer ever. ROTF Leader Prime:

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/1867/whyprime.jpg

That toy is too complex for a 6-year-old. As an adult collector and mechanical engineer, it honestly competes with my 1/60 VF-25G in my head over which toy is the better value for the investment, in terms of complexity and appearance.

I dunno. It does come with instructions. I do wonder - is that picture the result of :

a) Hasbro Marketing Department Strikes Again (known for screwing up their own transformers)

b) The people at the magazine doing the photoshoot (but wouldn't the kid at least say - 'hey it's all wrong, it's not supposed to look like that?'

c) Pressed for Time - aka, despite the kid being like - no, stop, wait - they were like "we've got a deadline just hold it and smile!

In which case... that's a pretty good fake smile...

Or - maybe the kid doesn't know anything about Transformers and this just got thrust into his hand?

Or maybe indeed he loves Transformers and THIS is how he really thinks it ought to look?

Shudder.

Pete

I dunno. It does come with instructions. I do wonder - is that picture the result of :

a) Hasbro Marketing Department Strikes Again (known for screwing up their own transformers)

b) The people at the magazine doing the photoshoot (but wouldn't the kid at least say - 'hey it's all wrong, it's not supposed to look like that?'

c) Pressed for Time - aka, despite the kid being like - no, stop, wait - they were like "we've got a deadline just hold it and smile!

In which case... that's a pretty good fake smile...

Or - maybe the kid doesn't know anything about Transformers and this just got thrust into his hand?

Or maybe indeed he loves Transformers and THIS is how he really thinks it ought to look?

Shudder.

The more likely scenario is "hey WTF is this man? Who cares lets snap shots and get this ^&*t over with".

Speaking of the packaging - wouldn't it have just been easier to - you know - take the robot out of the box and viola?

Clearly it was in truck mode and someone decided to screw with it...

Or maybe the kid got the robot and was told "here - play with this" and then a few minutes later it looked like mangled rat intenstines and no body knew how to get it back to looking like it should :)

Pete

Picked up the little deluxe RC robot. Bot mode isn't what you would call exactly "pretty" but the transformation is really fun and you get a great looking RC truck.

Is deluxe Skids a good buy? I didn't give a crap for the character in the movie but I like the car used for alt mode. The little toy looked so cute there hanging in front of me. Any info on when the Human Alliance Skids hits the streets?

Edited by Twoducks

Found the Target exclusives Titanium Hot Zone (aka. Hot Spot) and Thrust - got 10% off with the coupons!

^_^

Nice repaints, but annoying that they don't come with a display stand like the previous 6 inch Titaniums.

Cheap bastards!!

<_<

That was how I got Camshaft and Overdrive. As a nine year old it felt great to get those "free" mail-in toys.

I got Downshift through mail-order, as well as good old Wheeljack during the post-movie era. Was also supposed to get Reflector, but my money order and Robot Points were never redeemed. :angry:

Anyone here remember STARS (Hasbro's official TF club)? I got the starter kit, which consisted of a cardboard command center, an iron-on Autobot patch and a sweet lenticular ID card that changed from Omega Supreme to Devastator. Ah, those were the days.

Edited by areaseven

Will Soundwave be a bigger peg-warmer than the first movie's "Protoform Starscream" was? My local Target and Wal-Marts seem to each have 50, he alone outnumbers many other waves and pricepoints..

Not at my place. My local Toy Kingdom is having trouble keeping a single ROTF toy in stock. Even the Gravity Bots (which are a PITA to transform, BTW) are sold out.

Did anyone here use to collect Robot Points back in the day? Hasbro should bring back Robot Points and mail-in exclusives.

Funny you mention that. My son found a stack of all the UPC codes from all the ROTF Transformers we've been buying in a drawer and asked me why I was keeping them. I realized I was just automatically going back to my childhood, when we could mail them away for freebies (I had the car Powerdasher, Downshift, and I got Transformers: The Movie on VHS free with 2 or 3 Pretenders proofs of purchase).

Always wanted to join STARS...

The only mail in items I ever got was a Gobot submarine after I won a coupon or some such for a free one in a box of Quix chocolate drink.

Anyone remember Quix Chocolate drink?

Pete

Will Soundwave be a bigger peg-warmer than the first movie's "Protoform Starscream" was? My local Target and Wal-Marts seem to each have 50, he alone outnumbers many other waves and pricepoints..
Possibly, he is the worst deluxe so far. I wouldn't even recommend him to fans of Soundwave(and honestly he was selling out left and right over here, I theorize because of the fact that he's Soundwave). It's a lackluster figure that does not lock together well in any mode.