Transformers Super Thread 8

azrael

Damn that is good sized.

Saw a post on Seibertron.com about them re-releasing MP-04 which is the Prime w/Trailer set. Might be a good chance to snag one for those who missed him. The article says it should hit about mid October and run approx. $200

Damn that is good sized.

Saw a post on Seibertron.com about them re-releasing MP-04 which is the Prime w/Trailer set. Might be a good chance to snag one for those who missed him. The article says it should hit about mid October and run approx. $200

Oh I want I want I want!!!!

But with VE-1, VT-1 and M&M I just dont know if I will make it. It is good to know however that it is an option. Will it be the Takara release?

Who has a good photo of the new ROTF Jetfire in Robot mode?

Oh I want I want I want!!!!

But with VE-1, VT-1 and M&M I just dont know if I will make it. It is good to know however that it is an option. Will it be the Takara release?

Who has a good photo of the new ROTF Jetfire in Robot mode?

Yup Takara

Damn that is good sized.

Be careful of the quality of MP-4 then. It was released here for Au$200 last year and the quality was shockingly bad. They came across as re-released rejects. MP-2 re-release as well apparently. :(

Just picked up Movie Ravage - it's reasonable. Will probably be the only deluxe I get. I'm waiting for the Human Alliance figures as well, hopefully they're as good as the Alternators were.

Leader Prime is on sale here too for Au$67. For that price I'm kinda tempted but I just know that the third movie will see a better Leader Prime... so I'll probably pass for now at least.

Trick question. There are no good photos of it in robot mode. :lol:

But seriously...there are a few here.

Thanks for the link. It looks pretty decent but The Robot mode looked so much cooler in the movie. The one thing that did not come through so well in the toy that bugs me a little bit is how they were not able to recreate the look of the movie of how the fuselage curves from his spine to his head. But it is still pretty cool and I am considering it.

Yup Takara

cool. Thanks.

Has anyone here had any experience with knockoffs of the Animated toys?

Today, I picked up a KO of the Activators Starscream figure (known in the package as "Dark Influence") for $3. For a bootleg, the packaging is impressive, with the figure neatly twist-tied.

The figure itself is a dead-ringer for the real toy, with some differences. First, the spring-loaded activation feature is missing; the button is now part of the fuselage piece. Second, the plastic is in a glossy finish, as opposed to the flat finish of the real toy. And third, the figure has Autobot symbols on its wings instead of Decepticon symbols.

I'll take a few pics and post them later this week.

Ha! So much for no "premium" figures. Buster Optimus Prime. I will buy it for sure if the final version is chromed or something. Nigh-impossible to see in the pic, but it apparently also has a new head mold with the face-plate retracted.

Well it'll be a buy for me then (if it's metallic'd up)...dunno about the face though. I like the face fine in the movies, but I prefer the face plate displayed on actual figures.

Oh and Miriya, Bigbadtoystore has the Prime re-issue up for pre-order.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

Ha! So much for no "premium" figures. Buster Optimus Prime. I will buy it for sure if the final version is chromed or something. Nigh-impossible to see in the pic, but it apparently also has a new head mold with the face-plate retracted.
I wish the blaster would have come with the 1st ROTF Leader Prime to begin with...the blaster one even retains the swords. I prefer the masked/faceplate look too.

I'd like to see the blades come on a peg of some kind so you could opt to take them off and gain the full range of motion in the elbows, or just simply to hide them. Doubt it will happen, but it'd be a nice option.

Edit: Seibertron is reporting that the mouth guard will be able to open indicating that you can choose how you'd like to display him.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

I don't know if has already been mentioned on this thread, but the legs on HA BB were assembled the wrong way around. It takes just a couple of minutes with a screwdriver.

I tried this last night. It was easy enough, 4 screws, no biggies. But what happened was that I liked it better the "wrong" way, so I put it back. Maybe I am crazy. Thanks for the tip though.

Oh and Miriya, Bigbadtoystore has the Prime re-issue up for pre-order.

Thanks for the pre-order info. I may have to do this.

Well beauty lies in the eye of beholder lol

At least in alt mode it look alright and quite large..

And the detail is quite nice when you do the custom paint (it got some nice sculptured part on the body, more detail than yamato!)

3677635764_e9188ff307_o.jpg

3677635018_902da54337_o.jpg

frenzy_rumble is awesome on doing customs!

That is really nice. I would get one if it looked like that.

I've been trying to remove the big "JTFR" markings, but I can only "severely fade them". Any more chemicals/rubbing applied will end up having discoloration/hazing/gloss on the plastic itself. The final effect works pretty well---looks like they were painted on 50 years ago, and they've worn away to almost nothing. (I'd still prefer them totally gone though).

I may intentionally do the same thing to the Decep logos on the wings, to go along with the "scratched-out" motif they have.

It doesn't. I would get a lot of transformers if they looked like what they do after Frenzy Rumble is done with them.

All we need is a little beer...and a lot of luck!

67k5u1.jpg

Pete

The key is to pee or puke alot, depending on what you're more inclined to do - rinse the system and keep on drinkin' ! :)

Or better yet - just make sure SHE drinks a lot ;)

Pete

4 screws? Maybe I goofed, but it was 2 screws the way I did it. The ones that hold the waist together?

Oh, I changed from the knees down. I probably goofed but I liked having the yellow portion on the inner part of the leg as opposed to the outer even though I thought I would like it. Glad I tried.

It doesn't. I would get a lot of transformers if they looked like what they do after Frenzy Rumble is done with them.

So who exactly is frenzy rumble and how do I get him to do this? I am going to guess it will cost me a testicle.

The key is to pee or puke alot, depending on what you're more inclined to do - rinse the system and keep on drinkin' ! :)

Or better yet - just make sure SHE drinks a lot ;)

Pete

So if she drinks a lot she will look like jetfire?

So who exactly is frenzy rumble and how do I get him to do this? I am going to guess it will cost me a testicle.

FrenzyRumble can be found at TFW2005, and FrenzyRumble.com. And that Jetfire is actually one of his less-impressive customs---there are some AMAZING things he's done. Namely Leader Prime--repainted ALL of it. Even the flames, from scratch, to be more accurate. And chromed it. Also be sure to see his custom Menasor--yes, it combines, yes each one still has a robot and car mode.

I think he's "beyond backlogged" with commissions---best bet is to watch ebay---he ebays a lot of his work.

:;edit:: Here's Menasor: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-cus...word-added.html

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-cus...-wildrider.html

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-cus...ler-9-11-a.html

And here's Defensor: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-cus...part-6-6-a.html

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-cus...obot-group.html

So if she drinks a lot she will look like jetfire?

wobbly legged, hunched over and weird ugly sh!t coming off her face and when she lays down all her junk is exposed? ... yes... if she drinks a lot she'll look like Jetfire.

wobbly legged, hunched over and weird ugly sh!t coming off her face and when she lays down all her junk is exposed? ... yes... if she drinks a lot she'll look like Jetfire.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

As for FrenzyRumble - yeah -I've seen his Menasor before and that thing is awesome.

Pete

Be careful of the quality of MP-4 then. It was released here for Au$200 last year and the quality was shockingly bad. They came across as re-released rejects. MP-2 re-release as well apparently.

I have both of these - both bought from Target and they are fine, possibly a bad batch got through but I certainly didn't get any rejects... I was a bit wary of the MP-4 Prime as it looked like it had been double-taped but no problems with it at all.

B))

Just picked up Breakaway and Sideways. I haven't done anything with Sideways yet, because I want to paint the black back on him, but I played with Breakaway a little. He's pretty good... a little chunky underneath, but his robot parts hide well. My only complaint is that his colors are a little bright. Instead of being tan with dark green and brown camo, he's more like khaki with dark green and neon green. They used a blue-gray color for some of his silver, which is okay, but they also used a neon green plastic. I went over most of the green plastic with a silver sharpie... it helps.

I guess I should write something positive about Transformers once in a while since it was my first true love...

Today I got my Henkei Hotshot. I am kind of amused about the fact that Henkei Jolt is like seven steps down from Armada Jolt. It seems that in Armada, the Minicons were amazingly well sculpted, poseable and have neato ingenious transformations while all the bigger robots basically sucked. Now, with Henkei, it's the reverse. Hotspot is kickass, Jolt is worthy of being a bad knock off. Best keep him in helicopter mode....

As for Hotspot, a tiny bit dissapointed at his Hotrod license plate but I guess that's who he was/is in Japan - so ok... I love his chrome exhaust pipes/weapons. Very nice transformation. The arms are still kind of limited in what they can do, but it's certainly a step up from Armada - albeit without the minicon powerlinx gimmick.

So really - again they got a bit lazy, because having a more anime accurate Hotshot would essentially mean having something that has the gimmick PLUS the poseability/better sculpt.

Oh wait ... I was supposed to say something positive...stick to positive...positive...flowers...bunny rabbits...

JAM! :)

Pete

So far all I have gotten from ROTF is Voyager Fallen and Deluxe Sideswipe.

Both are pretty awesome.

The only Voyagers I've seen around here are Starscream, Ironhide, and Demolisher. Which sucks, because I kinda want Voyager Megatron.

The black paint dried enough that I was able to transform Sideways. I like the Barricade aesthetic of the toy, but it definitely has a few issues:

*Not a ton of resemblance to the character model. But hey, we could say that about almost all of the first movie's toys, and there's limits to what you can do with a Deluxe-class figure.

*Missing or inverted paint. Aside from the very obvious black on the alt mode, three fingers on his left hand are modled in a bluish-gray plastic. All the rest of his fingers are silver, and the character model had silver fingers. He has some, but not all (or even most) of the silver detail on his face. His shins are modeled in the same bluish-gray plastic, with black flaps in front of them, which is the inverse of the character model.

*Tiny fee. I have no idea why they made his feet so tiny. I'm pretty sure they could have made them bigger, or moved the ankle joint up a little. This makes him difficult to pose, or even to stand at all.

*Red plastic. There's some red lights on the character model around the car's headlights and grill. Since it didn't seem like that was feasible for the toy, but Hasbro still wanted to evoke some of that red color, they molded a large amount of his pelvis, torso, and legs in red plastic. I'm all for slipping in a little red, to keep the aesthetic, but Hasbro went a little nuts here.

I don't have a lot of skill for painting of customizing toys (the custom Thundercracker I made from Acid Storm is testament to that), but I figured I'd do at least a little work to Sideways. Basically, I painted the black onto the alt mode with a Testors enamel marker, then I used a silver Sharpie to touch up a little detail to his face, to color his fingers and some of the panels and details on his arms, and to color over most of the red plastic (I left some of it showing because I couldn't get the marker tip onto it, or because I wanted a little red detail).

Here's a pic, but I'm not much better at photography than painting. :p