Transformers Super Thread 8

azrael

Starscream is undoubtedly one of the best figures in the Animated line. Unfortunately, I may have inadvertently broken the Automorph feature when I attempted to transform him into Gerwalk mode. No big deal, as that gimmick doesn't do much on this figure.
I think the automorph on my Sunstorm is broken too. I like what Haskaramy was aiming for but man when that automorph goes out of wack, it sucks.

Picked up the Target exclusive Superion Aerialbots set today for $29.99 - not a bad price for 5 figures IMO.

:)

No sign of the Bruticus Combaticons set. Nor did I see the TF Titanium exclusives. I want Hot Spot and Thrust, anyone see them in SoCal yet?

Btw have you tried this configuration? Look so much better without those addons..

3069278838_99fdefcb76_o.jpg

Edited by ntsan

Wow. Cool pose and it looks like Superion has hands and feet! Sweet.

FYI: I've attached some Transformer coupons for Target stores and online.

By 2 items, get 10% off.

By 3 items, get 15% off.

By 4 items, get 20% off.

Valid until July 11th.

Good hunting.

B))

TFcoupons.pdf

Btw have you tried this configuration? Look so much better without those addons..

3069278838_99fdefcb76_o.jpg

The fanmodes are very cool but I'm going with Fanproject's add on.

Combo mode looks bad ass and the extra parts even form fast packs and a radome for the fighters.

post-2996-1245712030_thumb.jpg

On the subject of Arialbots - I could really use a reissue Superion - and Defensor while I'm on the subject --- mainly to go with my beautiful Encore Metroplex.

I always loved how Silverbolt could become the airport on Metroplex while Hotspot became a maintenance bay :)

Pete

VFTF1: Agreed... Metroplex was one of my first 'big' G1 purchases as a budding collector, and is one of my favorite toys. The amount of play value in base mode with the Scramble City combiner sets is just mind blowing, and brings a smile to my face... wish I had room to display 'Plex :(

I always loved how Silverbolt could become the airport on Metroplex while Hotspot became a maintenance bay :)

Pete

I never knew that (never could afford them as a kid, so never had a chance to discover that on my own either). Any pics?

Here's Scramble City as it was meant to be. Trypticon also has this ability; and the connections also power them up in robot mode:

vook6o.jpg

Just goes to show AGAIN that the Japanese had a great idea. Why this feature was not hyped up and used by Hasbro in the US comic or cartoon is beyond me. Then again - Metroplex never even appeared in the US comics....

Pete

Now, the PROBLEM isn't an in-universe one. It's an IRL one. They AREN'T appealing from our perspective(though apparently mainstream America is quite happy with them. Not the first time I've considered mainstream America a bunch of morons.).
Hey, that's uncalled for.

Where is that sword from on that custom transformed Superion?

I'd like to know that too.

But my Revenge of the Fallen variant(picked up today) looks pretty good in that mode with a sword from Galaxy Force Vector Prime(the US redeco of the Cybertron toy,to avoid any confusion. Orange sword.).

Now if only I could get the engine/tailfin/arm assembly on the A-10-ishes out of the way so he could bring his legs closer. Ah well...

Edit: Now with pictures!

post-720-1245914575_thumb.jpg

And some extras I've been meaning to shoot for a while.

post-720-1245914610_thumb.jpg

"So why DOES Megatron like Lazerbeak so much?"

Had to shoot this one after I noticed the "intake vents" on the axe. It makes a LOT more sense aesthetically if the trailer is supposed to be a drone and not an axe like the instructions and packaging say it i-*kssh*

We interrupt this post for a Cybertron News Network special report. Autobot leader Optimus Prime has just been gunned down by famous scientist Jetfire.

Eyewitnesses say Prime had recently experienced a system failure mid-transformation and was seeking help when the famous scientist opened fire.

post-720-1245914588_thumb.jpg

At this point, it appears to be a tragic case of mistaken identity, with Optimus' form resembling a foe from Jetfire's time in Japan. No arrests have been made.

Security chief Prowl is investigating the scene currently. He has stated that a thorough investigation of all the facts and evidence is under way, and that the celebrity status of both transformers will not affect the outcome.

Eyewitnesses report that Jetfire was screaming "I don't do Macross anymore!" as he attacked. It is unknown what, if any, relevance this statement has to the case.

The Matrix of Leadership is secure, and the selection process for the next Prime is already underway.

We'll inform our viewers of any new developments. 'Till all are one.

Edited by JB0

Here's Scramble City as it was meant to be. Trypticon also has this ability; and the connections also power them up in robot mode:

vook6o.jpg

Just goes to show AGAIN that the Japanese had a great idea. Why this feature was not hyped up and used by Hasbro in the US comic or cartoon is beyond me. Then again - Metroplex never even appeared in the US comics....

Pete

Wow, never knew that. Very cool. I guess the Japanese designs didn't incorporate Autobots and Decepticons, so you could have anyone combining with anyone else.

Very cool. And now I know, 25 years later...

Seems like there's more toy talk here than in the movie thread, so I'll ask here:

I just picked up deluxe Mudflap tonight. Now, I still feel strongly that this toy and deluxe Skids should combine somehow, but can't figure out how. Nothing in the instructions, nothing from google searches. Anyone here figured it out?

Seems like there's more toy talk here than in the movie thread, so I'll ask here:

I just picked up deluxe Mudflap tonight. Now, I still feel strongly that this toy and deluxe Skids should combine somehow, but can't figure out how. Nothing in the instructions, nothing from google searches. Anyone here figured it out?

I don't think they're suppose to combine. Maybe you are thinking of their Ice Cream Truck Deluxe toy coming out in Oct??

See video review here:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/t...eviewed-167943/

All the movie-bots would do well to emulate that design---it's more "intricate" than G1, but it's still very clear what it turns into--there's Apache parts all over it. (I saw that a few days ago, but still really like the design)

And knowing is half the battle.

Was hoping someone would pick up on that as I typed it.

I don't think they're suppose to combine. Maybe you are thinking of their Ice Cream Truck Deluxe toy coming out in Oct??

See video review here:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/t...eviewed-167943/

No, I do realize that the ice cream truck combines, I just feel that these two toys SHOULD combine also. I look at them and, between the opposite enlarged fists which seem intended for fists of a larger robot, the extra complicated articulations in the back parts of these toys, which suggest that something more is intended for them, like combining, and the rumors that the script for the movie called for them to combine during the final battle, but that it got cut (haven't read the novel yet to know if this is true or not), it just seems like they SHOULD combine.

Look at the motorcycle bots. Both Chromia and Arcee have features on the back to allow them to combine, and it has been said in interviews that this was in the script, but got cut.

Of course, there are rumors of larger (Leader class?) Skids and Mudflap coming out later in the year, so maybe those are intended to combine.