Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.2

Graham

No more bitchin' and moaning from me from now on about this product.

What we are seeing is what we are getting.

I've accepted that and I'm slowly growing to like it (but not love it yet).

Looking forward to getting it and doing a review.

Graham

Same here!!!

I must add that the DX 1/60 VF-25 actually has grown on me :ph34r:

With all the lineart inaccuracies I'm liking battroid mode a lot. The thighs are not so fat as the last grey prototype pics, they're slimmer. The placement is still atrocious though!!!

I hate to say it but I'm going to wait on buying Ozma's version, only for two reasons. The head and neck just bother me, hopefully when someone actually reveiws these things that myth of the no neck Ozma can be debunked. Also Bandai has an almost 100% chance of releasing Ozma with full armor and not selling it seperately (or making it annoying to get like the fast packs). Oh well my wallet could use a rest anyways :lol: .

Edited by dizman

Awesome! It looks like a terradactyl !!!

It seems that terradactyl is no longer a word. Pterodactyl is though. I have to say that I am crushed that my favorite dinosaur (terradactyl) is not only not considered a dinosaur any more but also had its name taken away.

Werent there a couple of transformers that were terradactyls?

Anyway, Shoji Kawamori probably loves terradactyls and Pterodactyluus.

That's really too bad. I was looking forward to getting a 25 some time, but I don't have the time or skill necessary to complete a model kit and paint it to the level of sharpness that I'd demand from a figure. I value accuracy, detail and proportions as the most important traits in any of my figures, and while posability and playability is fun, I am not willing to pay a very large amount for 'hand-candy' when those primary traits are sacrificed. I have a few cheap revoltechs and figmas for those kinds of 2 minute vacations. Thus, with DX choosing to go a playability route, its worth immediately diminishes drastically.

I bought 2 Yamatos recently (1/60 YF-19 and VF-0S) and did not encounter much of the problems I heard discussed about on these forums. I admit I was pretty spooked about it when buying them, but I think I've had my faith restored. The VF-0S (ver 1) was absolutely fine in every regard, and the 19 had the usual landing gear spread issue, and a looser-than-I'd-like left wing hinge, otherwise receives few complaints. I don't mind fragile figures, or a lack of high posability and a high price can be justified if the appearances in each mode are good enough, so long as it does transform (even if its a non-cannon method).

Its unfortunate that there's really no other acceptable alternative with the 25 in the near future from another lineup or brand.

That's really too bad.

That your opinion, if you are in my position you would think the opposite (check my sig)

But good luck on your encounter with Yamato, each person have various encounter with their toy, so if your one is non simultaneous combusted then you are quite lucky!

For me I wouldn't spend big money on something that requires "luck", I want something that is as reliable and long lasting as possible.

Edited by ntsan

I bought 2 Yamatos recently (1/60 YF-19 and VF-0S) and did not encounter much of the problems I heard discussed about on these forums. I admit I was pretty spooked about it when buying them, but I think I've had my faith restored. The VF-0S (ver 1) was absolutely fine in every regard, and the 19 had the usual landing gear spread issue, and a looser-than-I'd-like left wing hinge, otherwise receives few complaints. I don't mind fragile figures, or a lack of high posability and a high price can be justified if the appearances in each mode are good enough, so long as it does transform (even if its a non-cannon method).

Its unfortunate that there's really no other acceptable alternative with the 25 in the near future from another lineup or brand.

Let us know your opinion again in 1 year when the wing on your YF-19 won't sit still and your VF-0S has no arms.

That your opinion, if you are in my position you would think the opposite (check my sig)

But good luck on your encounter with Yamato, each person have various encounter with their toy, so if your one is non simultaneous combusted then you are quite lucky!

Yea, but I'm not a toddler, and I buy figures for their looks, not so I can crash them into each other. If something breaks when you take it out of the box, then there's an issue, I agree. However, my point is this: I'd rather have a fragile but good looking figure than have an indestructible but awkwardly proportioned one. Yes it is my opinion, but our positions are indeed different, but Im guessing that when you say 'your position', you're purchasing these toys with your children in mind. Between our two dispositions, I would say that mine is more common amongst the demographic collecting these toys.

Besides, I don't know about you, but I'd rather just get my kid a Tonka. Makes more sense than fighter nose cones and head lasers sharp enough to put out an eye.

OT, but I don't think Terradactyl was ever a word. Though "Terradactyl" gets a lot of hits in google--it's always referring to the Pterodactyl, with half the results telling people to learn how to spell.

Thank you. That helps. I was honestly worried about this.

Yea, but I'm not a toddler, and I buy figures for their looks, not so I can crash them into each other. If something breaks when you take it out of the box, then there's an issue, I agree. However, my point is this: I'd rather have a fragile but good looking figure than have an indestructible but awkwardly proportioned one. Yes it is my opinion, but our positions are indeed different, but Im guessing that when you say 'your position', you're purchasing these toys with your children in mind. Between our two dispositions, I would say that mine is more common amongst the demographic collecting these toys.

All of us want something that can be played with without breaking out of nowhere. You can say that these are aimed at adults, but that would be stating the obvious, it is reasonable that people expect something that should not break unintentionally. If you are being reckless and it breaks, that is your fault, but the reason a lot of people are angry is because many breakages happened when we were being careful. Whether or not the DX 1/60 VF-25 turns out to be durable remains to be seen but the people at GA Graphic who handled one of the samples said it was very sturdy with no floppiness at all. The demographic that this toy is aimed at wants a toy that can be handled, if you want something that just looks good with disregard for the durability the model kit market is wide open for you.

Let us know your opinion again in 1 year when the wing on your YF-19 won't sit still and your VF-0S has no arms.

meh, the wings on my yf-19s are just fine. Just transform them correctly and you wont stress that joint. As for the VF-0s... sucker. :p

That's really too bad. I was looking forward to getting a 25 some time, but I don't have the time or skill necessary to complete a model kit and paint it to the level of sharpness that I'd demand from a figure.

Um, this is precisely why Bandai kits are snapfit, pre-colored, and comes with stickers.

Word from the 1/72 thread (Graham) even says that the VF-25S Ozma looks good with a straight build and stickers, even without panel lining! Thats probably the way to go if you want an accurate, though fragile, toy-- I've transformed my VF-25F twice and I'm already leery of further transformations!*

*Not that there are any stress marks or any hint of failure, but the model as a whole just feels extremely flimsy and the intake/hip guns no longer fit into position

Word from the 1/72 thread (Graham) even says that the VF-25S Ozma looks good with a straight build and stickers, even without panel lining! Thats probably the way to go if you want an accurate, though fragile, toy-- I've transformed my VF-25F twice and I'm already leery of further transformations!*

*Not that there are any stress marks or any hint of failure, but the model as a whole just feels extremely flimsy and the intake/hip guns no longer fit into position

Except I don't want it to be 1/72, I want it to be 1/60 like my other Valks. <_<

I would say that mine is more common amongst the demographic collecting these toys.

Besides, I don't know about you, but I'd rather just get my kid a Tonka. Makes more sense than fighter nose cones and head lasers sharp enough to put out an eye.

Why rub the children's joy at enjoy Macross toy? I plant the seed early so he can appreciate it, and we could have a thing in common, rather than he playing his and I play mine.

And demographically Japanese toy collector >----------------------> MW, if fans of Macross in Japan feel not right they would be heavy talks on 2ch and mass complaint to Bandai and stuff, but are not happening AFAIK.

Um, this is precisely why Bandai kits are snapfit, pre-colored, and comes with stickers.

The last time I touched a model kit, it was when I was 12, and it did not go so well. I looked at some pictures of opened kits, but the precoloring on the parts weren't that great, and it seemed like lots of additional work beyond my skill level was necessary. I could be wrong, like I said, I only had tiny resolution pictures to inspect. But it seemed that it lacked the level of detail I'd expect from a finished figure. In addition to that, I'd like it to be 1/60th scale too; that is also an appearance issue.

OT, but I don't think Terradactyl was ever a word. Though "Terradactyl" gets a lot of hits in google--it's always referring to the Pterodactyl, with half the results telling people to learn how to spell.

I'm still upset that they changed the name of the Brontosaurus to Apatosaurus.

I refuse to call it Apatosaurus, silly bloody sounding name IMO.

Brontosaurus sounds far cooler.

Graham

It's not that they changed the name of the Bontosaurus to Apatasourus, it's just that they figured out that the Brontosaurus never existed. I think the fossils that where originally identified as a brontosaurus where actually an Apatosarus body that happed to be found with a squashed diplodicus skull( making it harder to identify) or something like that.

Chris

It's not that they changed the name of the Bontosaurus to Apatasourus, it's just that they figured out that the Brontosaurus never existed. I think the fossils that where originally identified as a brontosaurus where actually an Apatosarus body that happed to be found with a squashed diplodicus skull( making it harder to identify) or something like that.

Chris

Here is the actual story

http://www.unmuseum.org/dinobront.htm

quite an interesting read!

Here is the actual story

http://www.unmuseum.org/dinobront.htm

quite an interesting read!

The idea of such a large animal stomping it's way through swamps... obviously thought of by people who have never actually been in a swamp. Those suckers would have sunk into the silt and never been able to free themselves from the vacuum created.

I'm still upset that they changed the name of the Brontosaurus to Apatosaurus.

I refuse to call it Apatosaurus, silly bloody sounding name IMO.

Brontosaurus sounds far cooler.

Graham

when my kid told me the Apatosaurus thing i didn't believe her at first... i told her, her teacher is wrong... until i googled it...

but yeah, i like brontosaurus better... poor TF Sludge, will have an identity crisis :blink:

Anybody else notice that the rvf-25 and the vf-25g are sporting crotch armor now, at least bandai is working on the armor packs

They've had it the last couple exhibitions they were displayed. They were only missing in the first few toy shows.

Edited by IXTL