Macross Frontier Episode 24 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Rating  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Rating (or Ranting)

• Positive (Battle pr0n!!!!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (I have a better place for that MDE. Up Ranka's little bug queen a**)

Well actually, Grace herself may be being manipulated by the Galaxy executive even as we speak... she's crazy, right? She might be too focused on her final goal to realize that her bosses are preparing to stab her in the back. I'm sorta rooting for Grace, if it comes to that. :)

So that really would just leave Quarter, then.

You never know, they could be being manipulated by their old boss from behind the scenes. Like when he gave them that call to tell about their assimilation into the NUNS. He's obviously manipulating Alto even now.

Well actually, Grace herself may be being manipulated by the Galaxy executive even as we speak... she's crazy, right? She might be too focused on her final goal to realize that her bosses are preparing to stab her in the back. I'm sorta rooting for Grace, if it comes to that. :)

So that really would just leave Quarter, then.

The possibility exists, just as it exists that she is manipulating Galaxy. Though the former is more likely. And I suppose you could possibly add Bilra to the list as well. Wonder who it is he wants to meet...

snapshot20080919192033zy1.th.jpg

Top of the right page: Ranka sitting on missile

snapshot20080920005115cb2.th.jpg

Top left: is that another nose art?

Also, it reminds me - we haven't seen the Monster in Battroid mode <_<

I think the top right one is a lineart of the Monster Girl nose art, or very similar to it. The other two look like Nanase's costume sketch for Ranka (Alice in Wonderland related theme oddly enough lol.. one more reference to the whole "through the looking glass" bit in the opening), and the Monster Battroid Ranka doodle that was seen on a missile during the last episode.

And yeah, I don't think there's any way that page says "R.I.P." .. Aside from the missing period issue, I think that's supposed to be Sheryl's signature above the pic (although I'm not sure it looks quite like the one she wrote earlier on the eyecatch). What that looks more like is concept art for her costume, similar to the Ranka one. She's wearing the "Don't Be Late" outfit, you can see the hat and suspenders (though the top itself isn't quite visible.. makes me wonder if this is early concept art, before they changed it for a wider audience :lol:) and the pants are cut the same way. We never actually did see how the change from the military jacket to the suspender-shirt went during the series. Even though it was holographic, she may have literally ripped off the outer layer at some point.

Also, unless they're planning on ignoring it completely, yes, Alto just pulled off the greatest performance of his life, or he just started what will be. With all the attention they keep giving his brother (and how annoying he has been the whole time) I can't see them not finally bringing some closure to Alto's trying to reconcile his career issues (if they do, I'm gonna be upset they wasted all that time discussing his acting/flying choice). As thickheaded as he is, and as corny as it might get, I wouldn't be surprised by some great moment of inspiration where he has to reconcile his flying and acting skills in order to save the day (finally finding out why he flies, and how to be himself instead of acting all the time :p)

He saw that brief flash of Ranka "crucified", and you know his (personal) mission was to get in there and save her. This is much easier to do if Brera and Grace think he's dead. My guess is he wasn't even in the cockpit.

I didn't think of this till just now, but what you said makes me wonder who "Northern Cross" is about. I know it's sung by Sheryl, and I doubt its really more than a coincidence, but the "Crucified by destiny" line in the song could fit either one of them at this point. :blink:

Edited by Chronocidal

snapshot20080919192033zy1.th.jpg

Top of the right page: Ranka sitting on missile

snapshot20080920005115cb2.th.jpg

Top left: is that another nose art?

Also, it reminds me - we haven't seen the Monster in Battroid mode <_<

snapshot20080920004935dp0.th.jpg

The picture of Sheryl in concert just below Ranka's signature - its beautiful! IIRC this was not in the anime right?

Anyone has a bigger pic?

I think you guys are forgetting the most important part when analyzing the album scene...

Is that a final production 1/60 Bandai VF-25F?

And I suppose you could possibly add Bilra to the list as well. Wonder who it is he wants to meet...

You know... it just occurred to me that we keep thinking of the Vajra in the plural. But really, there is only one Vajra (a she, maybe?). Maybe that's who Bilra wants to meet: Ms. Vajra. Because she's just so magnificent.

If you think of the Vajra in the singular, the defense of what seems to be their homeworld takes on a whole new dimension, too. If you take out the queen, the Vajra effectively cease to exist (since they apparently have this central node holding it all together), just like a bullet to the brain would do a human individual. If you were the only one of your kind, I think you'd fight even harder to survive, too.

Yes? Was the EX on the VF-171EX said to be for something else?

It wasn't said what it stands for, therefore the odds of all English words that starts with EX against the one word you have chosen mean that I have likely won this discussion B))

Personally, I think the EX on the VF-171EX means "custom model" :p

FV

You know... it just occurred to me that we keep thinking of the Vajra in the plural. But really, there is only one Vajra (a she, maybe?). Maybe that's who Bilra wants to meet: Ms. Vajra. Because she's just so magnificent.

If you think of the Vajra in the singular, the defense of what seems to be their homeworld takes on a whole new dimension, too. If you take out the queen, the Vajra effectively cease to exist (since they apparently have this central node holding it all together), just like a bullet to the brain would do a human individual. If you were the only one of your kind, I think you'd fight even harder to survive, too.

Perhaps. But I haven't completely bought that the Vajra are completely without any form of sentience without the queen. Young Ai-kun comes to mind. Anyway, we'll find out who Bilra's date is soon...

It wasn't said what it stands for, therefore the odds of all English words that starts with EX against the one word you have chosen mean that I have likely won this discussion B))

FV

I'll admit defeat once it's proven I'm wrong. I believe the EX is the same as in EXtender Gear, because the machine has been upgraded and made compatible with said gear.

Perhaps. But I haven't completely bought that the Vajra are completely without any form of sentience without the queen.

They do have sentience, the queen just make them more intelligent. If each Vajra adds a bit of intelligence, the queen adds proportionally more.

FV

Edited by Final Vegeta

haha just watched episode 24 XD

haha loser me - very busy from work schedule

HELL YEAHH!!!! THIS EPISODE TOTALLY ROCKS!!!!

You know what, they should make it that SMS quarter will come and save the day, Capt Wilder taking command of Battle Frontier (Commodore(?) Perry(?) is ok as well to command the BF though XD) and Leon is imprisoned or shot to death through mutiny (although he is very much a villain and a 2nd rate at that since he is a pawn of a greater villain). But case in point, his strategy regarding the gamble with island-1 is very good as well XD

I don't want the people of the Frontier to die... T_T

I hope that we may see a planet colonization sequence XD

and very good tactic there by Alto. Yes, SK and company have a very good reason and plausible explanation how Alto may be alive as there was the scene where his vf-171ex went behind a wrecked ship while being covered by Klan (the vf-171ex is highly in autopilot when it got shot down). Unlike in CG where we really see the nuke's (FLEIA) lights enveloping the characters and still manage to be alive and kicking again by episode 23 <--- you know what I mean haha. the explanation of there was a decoy ship was really not plausible.

poor Taniguchi manipulated by Sunrise and Bandai T_T

I hope SK will not succumb to their influences haha and keep on making stories these great! XD

and to those berating Sheryl for screaming out Alto's name with tears when she saw the footage of his valkyrie blown to pieces, that was all for drama effect and nice closure to the episode. and give the girl a break! she saw her beloved's ride blown to pieces! isn't she entitled to scream in horror and agony for what she witnessed? At least she didn't fell down and then became some sort of human-vegetable drowned in helplessness after seeing that scene! XD

peace out <--- long post haha I just can't contain all these emotions of greatness and double thumbs up on this episode! XD

I think you guys are forgetting the most important part when analyzing the album scene...

Is that a final production 1/60 Bandai VF-25F?

its the injection model 1/72. u can tell by the ugliness of the front landing gear. yucks.. <_<

FV

EX means EXpensive version of VF-171... :ph34r:

Awesomest episode ever!!! :D

Oh wait, i already said that. :p

Just some other things i noticed (before subs come along)

- giant ranka was already shown far back as the first broadcast episode with the triangler OP. and with the flying valk between her arms to boot. heck, i thought it was meant to be symbolic. how could i have expected it to really happen exactly that way? :lol:

- it was a nice touch that klan took michael's glasses as a necklace. anyone else think her boobs were just too big this time? she seemed to be channeling Nanase (or as gubaba would say it, poornana)

- i love that the Quarter and the SMS, ahem, pirate crew didn't show up this episode. it only means that they'll kick ass come the finale, and that the quarter is the real macross "super mech" for this series. i wonder if bilra is really on leon's side, or if he has an agenda (meaning that he supports Wilder's actions all along)

- leon looks evil ugly. he looks like a claymore that's about to turn. creepy.

- sheryl is fantastic in this episode. perfect blend of strength and vulnerability. not that i understood more than 50% of what she said. but still. perfect blend.

- ranka tied up evoked images of nia in Gurren Lagann. but when she started singin, it was a mix of giant rei, and the minmay attack in Macross II.

- sheryl's scream still stays in my mind. man to see alto crash and burn like that. and the way she paused before hoping that it wasn't a fatal shot. wow.

subs, oh how i long for you now. :)

Am I the only person that thinks the RIP just might be bomb nose art? After all, you have a nose art design just above it on the same page...

Very possible.

Hell, taking another look at it, I would say its perhaps very likely.

Edited by Duke Togo

Something just occured to me though. Bodolzaa said that if they come into contact with the Protoculture they would be destroyed.

Ranka in last episode sung like a sophisticated form of Minmay Attack with the Vajra. Is this what Bodolzaa meant?

We know that the current humans are different enough from the Protoculture. For example even if the faction that had Anima Spiritia did not convert the Protodevlin like Basara did. Merely sealing them on Varuta.

Something just occured to me though. Bodolzaa said that if they come into contact with the Protoculture they would be destroyed.

Ranka in last episode sung like a sophisticated form of Minmay Attack with the Vajra. Is this what Bodolzaa meant?

Ranka's singing nullified any effect Sheryl had on the Vajra. I guess its possible it also boosted their fighting effectiveness, a la MII emulators. That's all I got out of that scene. What Boldozaa is referring to is an exposure to culture (the Protoculture's, in that instance), I'm sure, and the disorder it would cause amongst their ranks.

Do any of you think that we will see a clear view of Battle (25) Frontier do a full transformation?

In [Zero-Raws] Macross FRONTIER 24, Time 17.21. There you can see Ranka watching as Battle (25) Frontier in background is starting to transform. This is just before Brera appears behind Ranka and starts talking to her. I would rely want to see more than that.

Edited by panpo98

The transformation of battle 25 begins at 15:25 (same raw) just before Sheryls starts to Sing

I wonder if Battle Frontier manage to finish its transformation before epi.25 ending credits start rolling :lol:

- it was a nice touch that klan took michael's glasses as a necklace. anyone else think her boobs were just too big this time? she seemed to be channeling Nanase (or as gubaba would say it, poornana)

- i love that the Quarter and the SMS, ahem, pirate crew didn't show up this episode. it only means that they'll kick ass come the finale, and that the quarter is the real macross "super mech" for this series. i wonder if bilra is really on leon's side, or if he has an agenda (meaning that he supports Wilder's actions all along)

- leon looks evil ugly. he looks like a claymore that's about to turn. creepy.

Macron KK's boobs were always that humongous.

snapshot20080920101401rd6.th.jpg

seems like Bilrer is looking at a photo that's hidden under his fold quartz ring. I bet its the person he wants to meet. And Bilrer mentioned that the fold network transcends time, so is that a hint that the person he wants to meet is from the past or a very old friend... Mao perhaps? Bilrer's too old for Ranshe right? So is he the reason why Ranka is 1/4 Zent? :wacko: I've always suspected that Mao and/or Ranshe are inside the vajra network... haha just guessing at everything... :p

snapshot20080919193034fv6.th.jpg snapshot20080920101144sv8.th.jpg

ahhh... wat a lovely pair :wub:

Am I the only person that thinks the RIP just might be bomb nose art? After all, you have a nose art design just above it on the same page...

True... Could be nose art. looks to me its more like a rough sketch for one of Sheryl's concert outfit. pre-production design?

Do any of you think that we will see a clear view of Battle (25) Frontier do a full transformation?

In [Zero-Raws] Macross FRONTIER 24, Time 17.21. There you can see Ranka watching as Battle (25) Frontier in background is starting to transform. This is just before Brera appears behind Ranka and starts talking to her. I would rely want to see more than that.

Actually, u can see the Battle Frontier start to transform at about 15:26 after the valks and Q-Rea took off. Guess Leon was having a fun time pressing that transform button :ph34r:

snapshot20080920121137mf0.th.jpg

Quite surprised that the Dulfim is hollow in the middle.

Edited by Shun