Macross Frontier Episode 24 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Rating  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Rating (or Ranting)

• Positive (Battle pr0n!!!!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (I have a better place for that MDE. Up Ranka's little bug queen a**)

The use of DYRL isn't a sign of the movie's canonicity at all. It's just reusing a popular song. Grace used it because it was horribly ironic. It could have been Holy Lonely Light fer crying out loud.

And let's just bask in it again...

Bug stompin MDE barrage.

Ahhh. **** yeah.

yeah guys you are forgetting that Do you remember love doesn't have magical powers, it was just composed for the movie in 2031 and the real Minmay that boarded the Megaroad never sang it . Is like thinking that the theme song of the movie Titanic was actually play in the real ship...

Actually Macross Plus with Sharon Apple. Giant holography.

Only in this case Grace and fricking Battle Galaxy is using Ranka as an exposed port to hack the Vajra.

yeah guys you are forgetting that Do you remember love doesn't have magical powers, it was just composed for the movie in 2031 and the real Minmay that boarded the Megaroad never sang it . Is like thinking that the theme song of the movie Titanic was actually play in the real ship...

Ranka's song didn't distract the Frontier fleet forces... It just increased Vajra effectivity in battle (obvious MACROSS II tribute/reference). :rolleyes:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Alto...I wonder if he will make a sudden come back just like the guy from Aquarion (Coma for several episodes, suddenly come back piloting military vectors, blown up and survived).

Darn, I wish this episode is a 1 hour special, I hate waiting....makes me feel old.

Hey wolfx, thanks for the bit of quick translation work.

Those guys seriously need to get better bridge lighting.

This seems like one of the highest rated episodes here in a while; it took a while even for the single negative vote to filter in, and it's the only one so far. Here's hoping Frontier ends on a high note. :)

I dunno what to think. I'm not so worried about the character's relationships as I am about what exactly just happened. And actually, I almost wouldn't be surprised if Alto did die. I know it'd be a nasty twist, but realizing it may be part of what brings Ranka back to her senses.

Thing is, it didn't seem like Ranka was coming to any realizations any time soon... seems like she didn't even notice that Alto might have just been killed off by her cyborg brother.

- It was nice to see that not all the VF-171's were converted and that only the EX's were used as the spear head to the offensive.

Meh, I figured they were just recycling footage to keep the budget down. :) There was so much new stuff in this episode, though, you can probably forgive them for that. A little. I kinda wish they'd animated more death sequences now, so they could mix it up a bit more.

- It is becoming a very real possiblity that Sheryl will die, but not by disease, but by the destruction of the Battle Frontier. Leon is in command and unless their is a coup de tat, the Frontier will have to be destroyed and all hands aboard her to stop him.

Maybe Sheryl will hop into a VF-171EX and take the fight to the enemy personally. :) That would be pure win, but I doubt it'll happen; the purpose of her flight school time seems restricted to that one plot element when they were returning from fold, and there's no way a neophyte like her could survive out there.

I wouldn't rule out a mutiny, though. Most of the brass (Perry in particular) doesn't really seem to like Leon, they just need an excuse to knock him over the head and stick in a closet until the fighting's over. SMS intervening might prompt that.

Makes me wonder if grace can actually die. She's already died twice, the fire and the DE. What could kill her?

Nothing. They'll have to lock her mind away and keep an eye on her permanently.

Incidentally... anyone else incredibly uncomfortable when Luca is kissing a comatose Nanase right on the lips? If he'd kissed her on the cheek or forehead, it would have been sweet. Instead, he just got creepier. :lol:

Edited by DeeBot

Ranka's song didn't distract the Frontier fleet forces... It just increased Vajra effectivity in battle (obvious MACROSS II tribute/reference)

So Kawamori convert Ai Oboteimasuka into the song of death for Frontier. I wonder how Vajra react if Ranka sings "ninjin loves you yeah" :lol:

OK here's my take on ranka singing Ai Oboitemasuka, and some people seeing it as the confirmation of DYRL as the true canon:

by 2059 (and also 2049 for that matter), Ai Oboitemasuka is probably the definitive Minmay song for the generation. think Minmay, and they automatically think of Ai Oboitemasuka. It's her trademark, whether or not she was the one who actually wrote and sang it (and don't give me that thing about the megaroad disappearing before she could compose it. we're not even SURE if the megaroad disapparead at all, based on recent discussions).

Put simply, think of it as Eva Perone. We hear the name Evita Perone, we automatically think "Don't Cry for me Argentina". Regardless that the real Eva Perone didn't sing the song at all.

Ok this is me trying to be calm and rational, and taking a long breath after watching this episode. my next post will probably include, again, numerous postive expletives declaring this episode as the best, and Macross Frontier as the Second Coming.

See you Next Deculture. :p

Incidentally... anyone else incredibly uncomfortable when Luca is kissing a comatose Nanase right on the lips? If he'd kissed her on the cheek or forehead, it would have been sweet. Instead, he just got creepier. :lol:

Err... Seeing that perhaps he was going to die in the upcoming battle... I found Luca's actions acceptable... Hell... I would have acted the same myself... :mellow:

Err... Seeing that perhaps he was going to die in the upcoming battle... I found Luca's actions acceptable... Hell... I would have acted the same myself... :mellow:

Yeah... but the thing is, she never even seemed to show a hint of romantic interest of him. It smacks to me of him making off with something he couldn't get without her being unconscious. :D

Yeah, it's been a good ride. Pity it ended so sad and all.

Oh wait...there's still another episode? HOT DIGGETY DOG! ^_^

:lol: all the same, pity that it WILL end so soon. just one episode left, folks. and then we'll have a multitude of MWers suffering seizures and other withdrawal symptoms. :p

On another matter, hey Luca snuck a kiss in!! you okay with that?? who does that?? i mean, aside from shinji... but he did far worse, of course. :D

Edited by dreamweaver13

Fun episode! I felt the Gundam vibe when Brera faces Alto in virtualspace, with Ranka there as well. What I mean is, there's a scene in the original Gundam series where Amuro Ray faces off with Char Aznable, (with Char's girl Lalah Sune there too) and with their Newtype powers they form a visual, psychic connection. Then Amuro accidentally kills Lalah, and I hope Alto doesn't kill Ranka... though he said he would if he had to.

Also, the assault on Reflex Point, er, the Vajra hive. I'll be disappointed if the Frontier fleet fires all its MDE warheads and the Vajra Queen takes off like the Refles did in Mospeada, taking her children to a higher plane of existence, or something.

just got home from a trip and after unpacking and putting everything in order I treated myself to download this episode, I just got one thing to say

HOLY F V CKING SH!T!!!!!!

haven't read the whole pages, just feel is incredibly ironic for the Vajra to use Minmei's song to destroy Frontier considering their evil intentions... and that Grace is a one crazy bitch!! DAMN!!

Kawamori, you sick genius!!! this coming week will feel very looooooooooong!

Edited by Valkyrie addict

OK here's my take on ranka singing Ai Oboitemasuka, and some people seeing it as the confirmation of DYRL as the true canon:

by 2059 (and also 2049 for that matter), Ai Oboitemasuka is probably the definitive Minmay song for the generation. think Minmay, and they automatically think of Ai Oboitemasuka. It's her trademark, whether or not she was the one who actually wrote and sang it (and don't give me that thing about the megaroad disappearing before she could compose it. we're not even SURE if the megaroad disapparead at all, based on recent discussions).

Let's put it this way... There have been lots of elements of DYRL in this series as well as elements from the original TV show. Like Kawamori said once... "The truth lies somewhere in between them both...".

So to those saying that the DYRL elements aren't canon I can only say this: There's not proof of that... yet. :rolleyes:

So it WAS ok with you?? or were you projecting yourself on Luca? ;)

Man... You are making such a big deal of it... Is not like he tongued her or worse... It was just a freaking kiss!!! <_<

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Your lucky Luca didn't pull Shinji on Nanase. I wonder if Nanase will ever woke up.

I know! I've said it before, but I think it bears repeating...while everyone else gets all hot and bothered and attacking each other over whether Alto will pick Sheryl or Ranka, I'm just sitting here with my favorite character having done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING but be unconscious for the last four episodes.

Needless to say, I have little sympathy for the plight of the shippers.

Your lucky Luca didn't pull Shinji on Nanase. I wonder if Nanase will ever woke up.

Well, of course she will. They'll have a DYRL-style "and then the fighting ended..." sequence, where peace and love and harmony will reign among all sides, and everyone will have a well-deserved break. About then, bright sunlight will filter into Nanase's room when Island One lands on the Vajra planet, the shell coming up for the final time, and her eyes will open into a beautiful new world. Then she'll realize Luca kissed her while she was sleeping, and one of two things will happen.

So Kawamori convert Ai Oboteimasuka into the song of death for Frontier. I wonder how Vajra react if Ranka sings "ninjin loves you yeah" :lol:

I agree it creep me out that it was the song of death for Frontier, the Vajra would have probably consider the VFs the ninjin and proceed to devour them.

I know! I've said it before, but I think it bears repeating...while everyone else gets all hot and bothered and attacking each other over whether Alto will pick Sheryl or Ranka, I'm just sitting here with my favorite character having done ABSOLUTELY NOTHING but be unconscious for the last four episodes.

The only thing that can awake Nanase is Ranka, so Alto must save Ranka in order to save Nanase. Btw Gubaba, are you dismissing the Nanase Fanclub? :huh:

I think, considering that the whole fleet + colony ships were drag into battle that it was more of a no one is going to survive situation. Still unconsciousness and silence doesn't mean consent.

Then she'll realize Luca kissed her while she was sleeping, and one of two things will happen.

1. She'll love Luca back, or

2. "YECH!!! I was kissed by a MAN!! ewwww. gross. why couldn't it have been Alto, at least he LOOKS like a girl!"

ah, but there's actually a third possibility:

3: "Well... he does act like a girl..."

Unconscious, maybe. but she actually got more action than Ranka did the past 4 episodes. nanase got a kiss. ranka? zilch. ^_^

1. She'll love Luca back, or

2. "YECH!!! I was kissed by a MAN!! ewwww. gross. why couldn't it have been Alto, at least he LOOKS like a girl!"

or 4. she starts mumbling after the kiss, "Ranka chan"

Umm... aren't you the one taking my "kidding around/teasing" a little too seriously? <_<

When? Who? :blink:

I think, considering that the whole fleet + colony ships were drag into battle that it was more of a no one is going to survive situation. Still unconsciousness and silence doesn't mean consent.

Err... It was an act of simpathy and love... Not lust nor desire. <_<

What if the Frontier fleet is destroyed? What if she never awakens? What if he gets killed? Again... I would have made the same... No regrets. :rolleyes:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Ya know, he did seem to have an easier time of getting Nanase's attention when he had those pink cheeks. :)

As for the ethical implications of Luca stealing a kiss: I think we can all agree that it would be horribly unethical in real life, at least under normal circumstances. I'm willing to give Luca a by, though; I just wanted to mention it because it seemed like it'd gotten completely overlooked. :)

Err... It was an act of simpathy and love... Not lust or desire. <_<

What if the Frontier fleet is destroyed? What if she never awakens? What if he gets killed? Again... I would have made the same... No regrets. :rolleyes:

cause if you die in case you get caught they can't prosecute you or better yet, Luca has the money to get away with it. ^_^

Edited by RichterX

cause if you die in case you get caught they can prosecute you or better yet, Luca has the money to get away with it. ^_^

Guys, really... Have you ever been in love with someone? :rolleyes:

(And I don't mean "having a crush on some hot chic")

If Luca felt anything near romantic love towards Nanase (what seems the case so far) I totally support his actions... <_<

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Ya know, he did seem to have an easier time of getting Nanase's attention when he had those pink cheeks. :)

As for the ethical implications of Luca stealing a kiss: I think we can all agree that it would be horribly unethical in real life, at least under normal circumstances. I'm willing to give Luca a by, though; I just wanted to mention it because it seemed like it'd gotten completely overlooked. :)

he could kiss her forhead or cheek and leave as a promise to make it through to kiss an actually awake Nanase...