Macross Frontier Episode 24 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Rating  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Rating (or Ranting)

• Positive (Battle pr0n!!!!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (I have a better place for that MDE. Up Ranka's little bug queen a**)

Isn't the Vajra motives is to get Ranka as their little queen? :huh:

Not sure yet. For now i THINK their intent was using Ranka as their mediator between them and the humans. And i thought that conversation revealed that. Apparently it didn't. :wacko:

Not sure yet. For now i THINK their intent was using Ranka as their mediator between them and the humans. And i thought that conversation revealed that. Apparently it didn't. :wacko:

Well, in the flashback Brera told Ranka that her song called the Vajra and after that I don't know what are they discussing. Need sub fast, since I think most of the plot are revealed in the first 10 minutes into the episode.

Funny that most people know Mao Nome from the movie while failed recognizing Dr.Mao Nome as the same person :lol: .

Another thing, if Ozma as part of the original 117th fleet military, he should have known Grace, yet he look surprised when he learned the name from Cathy/Canaria.

Well, in the flashback Brera told Ranka that her song called the Vajra and after that I don't know what are they discussing. Need sub fast, since I think most of the plot are revealed in the first 10 minutes into the episode.

Funny that most people know Mao Nome from the movie while failed recognizing Dr.Mao Nome as the same person :lol: .

Another thing, if Ozma as part of the original 117th fleet military, he should have known Grace, yet he look surprised when he learned the name from Cathy/Canaria.

He was also berating himself for not having noticed that she had gotten onto Frontier.

Eh? I tot brera just said "Ranka, look!"

Was there more?

You mean like when Brera said about the duty/respobsibility that he and his sister carried? :mellow:

Edited by Morpheus

When he had shoved her into the escape pod:

"Ill be right after you... You musn't tell anyone! That it was your song that called them!"

Ahh....and i believe there was nothing else beyond that.

Then it just occured to me that orbital space station that they escaped from was pretty big. And then a giant vajra crushed it. I wrongly thought the space station to be a small sattelite....so mistaken the size of the Vajra. Holy crap whatever it was that death hugged the space station was HUGE. Like possibly Battle 25 or EVIL Series huge. Is that the queen?

Lets face it guys, the reason why Alto's VF-171EX was destroyed is because he would be picked up by Macross 1/4. Ozma and gang would convince him about Grace's conspiracy. He would fly off in his old trusty VF-25F and face off Brera. Defeat or kil Brera with VF-25F and proceed to rescue Ranka. Can't have a non-hero VF-171EX beating the VF-27 can we ? :)

Edited by vanpang

Some interesting development during the first half of episode:

1. In her flashback, Ranka's bother told her not to tell anybody that her singing attracted Vajra after pushing her to escape pod.

2. Ranks think she is responsible for 117th's destruction. Grace uses Ranka's guilt to persuade her to defend Vajra home planet against intruder (Frontier).

3. On the wreck of Global they found the script from Grace about "super-dimensional network", by inserting implant to fold quartz. They also found the medical record for Ranshe, shown that she gave birth to Ranka while infected with V-type virus, which confirms the power source of Ranka.

4. Based on the Grace's theory, it is possible to create galaxy-wide real-time nerve network by using fold quartz as the core. The network will be hierarchical, meaning there are nodes above the others, with the one super-node dominate all. But to archive that all creature will have to be implanted, Wilder realizes that Vajra will be used as the mean to get the submission, because it is so powerful human cannot resist. And Ranka is the key to command Vajra.

5. They sent their finding to NUN government, realized that they have face Grace alone since reinforcement won't come in time due to distance and bureaucracy.

6. They also found a letter to Dr. Mao, which says, "...decided to give Mother's erring as gift to daughter..."

:wacko: I have to go to bed because my brain is fall asleep...

Super Ostrich

1. In her flashback, Ranka's bother told her not to tell anybody that her singing attracted Vajra after pushing her to escape pod.

2. Ranks think she is responsible for 117th's destruction. Grace uses Ranka's guilt to persuade her to defend Vajra home planet against intruder (Frontier).

3. On the wreck of Global they found the script from Grace about "super-dimensional network", by inserting implant to fold quartz. They also found the medical record for Ranshe, shown that she gave birth to Ranka while infected with V-type virus, which confirms the power source of Ranka.

4. Based on the Grace's theory, it is possible to create galaxy-wide real-time nerve network by using fold quartz as the core. The network will be hierarchical, meaning there are nodes above the others, with the one super-node dominate all. But to archive that all creature will have to be implanted, Wilder realizes that Vajra will be used as the mean to get the submission, because it is so powerful human cannot resist. And Ranka is the key to command Vajra.

5. They sent their finding to NUN government, realized that they have face Grace alone since reinforcement won't come in time due to distance and bureaucracy.

6. They also found a letter to Dr. Mao, which says, "...decided to give Mother's erring as gift to daughter..."

Super Ostrich

I doubt guilt was what caused Ranka's actions. After all she gets the Seed Slave Mode pupil-less eyes. I believe Grace is already subconciously controlling Ranka like a sort of hypnosis. Even Brera under Grace's slave mode control is saying "we're defending our home , you are the intruders" while fighting Alto and the Frontier.

I doubt guilt was what caused Ranka's actions. After all she gets the Seed Slave Mode pupil-less eyes. I believe Grace is already subconciously controlling Ranka like a sort of hypnosis. Even Brera under Grace's slave mode control is saying "we're defending our home , you are the intruders" while fighting Alto and the Frontier.

Brera also told Ranka "That's right. Now protect it, Ranka. This beautiful planet. That will be your atonement. This is surely what mother would have wanted too."

Of course that felt more or less like Grace speaking through him though.

Super Ostrich

cool! thanks for the summaries. :)

Then it just occured to me that orbital space station that they escaped from was pretty big. And then a giant vajra crushed it. I wrongly thought the space station to be a small sattelite....so mistaken the size of the Vajra. Holy crap whatever it was that death hugged the space station was HUGE. Like possibly Battle 25 or EVIL Series huge. Is that the queen?

I'd actually forgotten about that scene for a while... I remember looking at that flashback early on, and thinking it had to be huge, since it looked like there were rows of windows visible on the station. The thing that crushed it didn't look like the queen though.. or at least, it didn't look like the massive green vajra we saw earlier. It looked more like a jumbo lobster. Actually, I don't think we've yet seen any evidence that the queen is even mobile.

After watching the raw I just realized that Frontier could have actually used those discarded "Islands" for a colony drops. :mellow:

Hey wait a minute......I think this is the WRONG ANIME for that. :wacko::lol:

EDIT: Did I just see a VF-171EX do a "Falcon Punch" on a freaking Red Lobster that spectacularly failed? :huh::ph34r:

Edited by grss1982

After watching the raw I just realized that Frontier could have actually used those discarded "Islands" for a colony drops. :mellow:

Hey wait a minute......I think this is the WRONG ANIME for that. :wacko::lol:

EDIT: Did I just see a VF-171EX do a "Falcon Punch" on a freaking Red Lobster that spectacularly failed? :huh::ph34r:

Nope, the puch did hit, because we see MACHIDA RETURN! Go Machida go! Why don't they send him against Brera?

Nope, the puch did hit, because we see MACHIDA RETURN! Go Machida go! Why don't they send him against Brera?

Cause he has a girlfriend? I think he was the same guy Luca and Nanase saw kissing girl goodbye as he goes to his duty.

You know I wouldn't mind a Side story manga like M7 Trash on Machida.

Maybe there we can meet the other Galaxy residents of the Dulfim and Captain Wilen.

i thought he missed a little and had to kick off the vajra then shot it.

after re-watching, i can't shake the feeling that alto may well and truly be dead. he might do an obiwan, appearing to sheryl, confess his love and egg sheryl to sing the finale. sheryl expires with the last note.

argh, who am i kidding?! it's friday night. time to hit the bars.

As other people have said, at least he didn't pull a Shinji (so to speak). He loves her. He kissed her. Big deal. No harm, no foul...right?

Speaking as Macrossworld's self-proclaimed official Nanasist, I deem it all a-okay.

Now we just have to wait until Shun, Dante, and SkullLeader VF-X throw in their six cents, and B.O.I.N.G. will have spoken.

haahaha....

yeah, i think it's ok, a very touching moment. I wish it was me though :ph34r: , but i might outdo Luca and go for a squeeze or two. /dodges

"pull a Shinji" eeeewwwww... really that was unexpected and IMO THE MOST disgusting moment in japanese anime :angry: (excluding hentai i guess :p)

snapshot20080919193234bf2.th.jpg

For a moment, i thought Klan Klan bought it, but nah, they wouldn't dare do anything to her or risk the wrath of KK fans :rolleyes: KK is invincible!!

snapshot20080919192033zy1.th.jpg

i think someone else died. wish it'd be Alto, but probably Sheryl judging from the pic huh? photo album is a nice homage. Notice the "R.I.P"...

snapshot20080919193034fv6.th.jpg

Don't u just love the guy B))

snapshot20080919193157et5.th.jpg

Its a Dulfim class (iirc)... was it the same one that got rescued in ep 7? Probably. They are able to get through safely into the Vajra hive, and so it suggests that the Dulfim crew is with Grace. By extension, does that mean the whole or majority or at least the people in power of M:Galaxy are with Grace too?

snapshot20080919193136gl0.th.jpg

Looks as though Ranka crushed Alto. Wish it were true LOL...

Loved the irony where Ranka sings the same song that protected mankind from extinction!

Bless the little Queen!!!

Edited by Shun

snip....

i think someone else died. wish it'd be Alto, but probably Sheryl judging from the pic huh? photo album is a nice homage. Notice the "R.I.P"...

snip....

You meant the encircled part right?

http://i35.tinypic.com/5mbui0.jpg

Its nor R.I.P. as in Rest in Peace. Its more "rip" in relation to clothing being torn apart. :)

Edited by grss1982

You meant the encircled part right?

http://i35.tinypic.com/5mbui0.jpg

Its nor R.I.P. as in Rest in Peace. Its more "rip" in relation to clothing being torn apart. :)

u can see the "." between the letters... so ....

I think, considering that the whole fleet + colony ships were drag into battle that it was more of a no one is going to survive situation. Still unconsciousness and silence doesn't mean consent.

are u gonna say the same thing to Sheryl? She didn't get Alto's consent too, or are u gonna say because she's a girl she dont need no consent? :rolleyes:

oh boy.

Matriarchical society? I think there was some mention of that in Zero, can't recall.

Pretty simple, the woman in the picture was not Mao's daughter, but daughter-in-law. Just a guess, I could be wrong here.

that woman could be Mao's daughter-in-law but still doesn't explain how Sheryl gets to inherit the Nome name. Why would Mao's son carry her surname Nome? So either its Matriarchal or Mao divorced or it was an illegitimate child.

Wonder who Brera wants to meet up with... the real reason why he's after the fold quartz...

You know, going back to the "hurt Sheryl" point, this kinda seems worse for her then losing Alto to Ranka : /. Poor girl seems to have bad luck. Zomehow i feel like she's either gonna survive and "get" Alto, or die crying .... or she and everyone else just dies, wich seems more likely to happen atm ^^

nah, Sheryl passed all her bad luck to Alto via that cursed ring. That's TWO times it jinxed him. ;)

Also, all the argument about whether the VF-171EX had the EX-Gear as well... You can see it here

snapshot20080919203924ta5.th.jpg

As for Alto getting inside the fold network, i guess its due to his very strong emotions - he easily peaks his emotions. This is the first time he's wearing a fold quartz and he easily succeeds without trying.

The "Ai Oboeteimasuka?" song doesn't prove that DYRL is canon, like VF-25 Messiah said any song would've worked the point is to send your emotions across to others and "inspire" / bend them to your will to do your bidding. Remember "Ai Oboeteimasuka?" is popular in Macross universe after that fictional in-universe movie was made, whether it was really sung during the final moments of SW1 is still not proven to be factual, although many people in the Macross universe now believes it to be true.

If so then who is that beside the word RIP? :huh: IMHO, it actually looks like Ranka who's trying to wear something that gets "ripped" while trying to wear it. :)

It's Sheryl Nome. Her name is there. and that drawing is her, in her sexy clothes and her cap.

have we even seen Ranka in sexy clothes? :rolleyes:

Edited by Shun

Is it just me or this episode reminds me of Mospeada where the Mars base are attempting to free Earth? The Spiral zone (yeah, Spiral Zone, get it? lol) is similiar to the Invid Hive, and in the end the Mars fleet is swarmed and destroyed, just like Frontier.

yeah, i did get reminded of Mospeada. the vajra are so similar to the inbit, their hives too. Its hard to tell a story when the "enemies" do not have a face. The EX-Gears reminds me of Ride Armors.

And that huge hologram reminds me of EVA.

Ahh....and i believe there was nothing else beyond that.

yeah so it wasn't a fighter sized ship, that vajra was really that HUGE!!

A queen type looks different though. the red lobster must've ate a lot to get this big, and he gets bigger after this treat. :p

i dont think SK is gonna explain this. It might be just a metaphor, Vajra crushing all of 117th.

Isn't that obvious? He's going to meet his old lover the Vajra Queen.

Isn't that a Robocrap story? :rolleyes:

Well, I went to my "Macross Images" folder and checked out "poornana20.jpg," "poornana21.jpg," "poornana23.jpg" and "poornana24.jpg" (22 shows the left side of her face only), and I don't see any difference in the amount of bandages.

For all of the bugs that kresphy has pointed out in the series, this ain't one of 'em. ^_^

She's also been taken off the respirator, which has to be a good sign. Unless Luca just murdered her before he kissed her. Violence is love!

u can see the "." between the letters... so ....

Well, yes, but wouldn't it be "R.I.P." not "R.I.P"? Notice the lack of the final dot. I don't think those two "dots" in the middle are periods at all, they're just the bottom serifs on the "I." Otherwise, it would be more like, "R.T.P" and that doesn't make any sense; note that it's drawn in by hand in block letters, rather roughly. I'm pretty sure it's just a sound effect, no death flag hints.

Trust me, I would have loved if it were true (maybe she dies of heartbreak in the first seconds of episode 25! how angsty!), but an impartial analysis leads me to believe that the bottom serif on the "I" is just rather thin.

snapshot20080919193034fv6.th.jpg

Don't u just love the guy B))

What was that comment about everyone looking better in this episode? :lol: I have to hand it to them, though, they managed to make Leon even uglier than usual.

snapshot20080919193157et5.th.jpg

Its a Dulfim class (iirc)... was it the same one that got rescued in ep 7? Probably. They are able to get through safely into the Vajra hive, and so it suggests that the Dulfim crew is with Grace. By extension, does that mean the whole or majority or at least the people in power of M:Galaxy are with Grace too?

Keeping in mind that everyone on Galaxy already has implants (except Sheryl, apparently), perhaps they're under mind control. Note we don't see anyone on the ship's crew.

Heck, wouldn't it be weird if everyone on Galaxy had gone "beyond" the need for physical bodies, and there's nothing inside that ship except computer cores and spare bodies for when they need to get up and walk about, or greet company?

are u gonna say the same thing to Sheryl? She didn't get Alto's consent too, or are u gonna say because she's a girl she dont need no consent? :rolleyes:

oh boy.

Well, Alto was at least conscious. If he didn't like it, he could've slapped her. :)

that woman could be Mao's daughter-in-law but still doesn't explain how Sheryl gets to inherit the Nome name. Why would Mao's son carry her surname Nome? So either its Matriarchal or Mao divorced or it was an illegitimate child.

Wonder who Brera wants to meet up with... the real reason why he's after the fold quartz...

I assume you meant Bilrer here. If Mao's daughter really is illegitimate... :) Never really got the vibe Dr. Mao was married, but who knows? Maybe her daughter/son wasn't even biologically related to Mao. That wouldn't explain the blood type issue, though, unless she adopted some orphan from the Mayan island (there were probably plenty) with the same blood type as her.

Either that, or maybe her family's just really proud of the Nome name, and decided to stick with it. Family name conventions are subject to individual choice, after all.

Edited by DeeBot