Macross Frontier Episode 24 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Rating  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Rating (or Ranting)

• Positive (Battle pr0n!!!!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (I have a better place for that MDE. Up Ranka's little bug queen a**)

So

Bilrer said that he's finally going to meet someone

Who could that be?

The Protoculture and the Megaroad 01 survivors who reverted to a Mayan lifestyle in the planet's surface? Old tribe leaders Hikaru and Misa?

:wacko::lol:

No Bilrer is Densha Otoko and Galaxy Anonymous is 2chan (More like 4chan) , that would make Hermes

Mao

Are you sure its not Brera's? He does appear briefly when Alto tap the fold network with help from Sheryl earring.

It is

definitely NOT the VF-27.

It has triple barrel turrets and a radar system similar to Battle Frontier.

It is

definitely NOT the VF-27.

It has triple barrel turrets and a radar system similar to Battle Frontier.

Interesting, can you take a screenshot of it? ^_^

Is it just me or this episode reminds me of Mospeada where the Mars base are attempting to free Earth? The Spiral zone (yeah, Spiral Zone, get it? lol) is similiar to the Invid Hive, and in the end the Mars fleet is swarmed and destroyed, just like Frontier.

This episode again has proven that Alto has failed as a man. Does he want to save Ranka or kill her? And what about Sheryll?

Interesting, can you take a screenshot of it? ^_^

Is it just me or this episode reminds me of Mospeada where the Mars base are attempting to free Earth? The Spiral zone (yeah, Spiral Zone, get it? lol) is similiar to the Invid Hive, and in the end the Mars fleet is swarmed and destroyed, just like Frontier.

This episode again has proven that Alto has failed as a man. Does he want to save Ranka or kill her? And what about Sheryll?

Here ya go.

http://picsorban.com/upload/1221785325394.jpg

:ph34r:

Darn, I tought it was Brera VF-27, but that tripple turret totally denied it. I bet that must be Battle Galaxy, unless the CGI team screwed up badly.

Or maybe its the Dulfim bridge.

Edited by Morpheus

No Bilrer is Densha Otoko and Galaxy Anonymous is 2chan (More like 4chan) , that would make Hermes

Mao

Then

Bilrer was Mao's husband... What makes him... Ranka's granddaddy!!!!

:blink::wacko::blink::wacko::blink::wacko:

Darn, I tought it was Brera VF-27, but that tripple turret totally denied it. I bet that must be Battle Galaxy, unless the CGI team screwed up badly.

Or maybe its the Dulfim bridge.

The

Dulfim indeed. I wonder what is that Grace wants in the Queen nest that had the Dulfim approach it near the end... She wants to capture Ranka for her goals? To extract the

Vajra Royal command node from her perhaps?

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

WOW!

Nice mecha pron. Haven't seen a macross space battle like that since DYRL! SK has still got it!!!

:lol:

- The whole diving off the balcony on to the stage was a nice Basara homage and the symetry of the identicle outfit from ep 1, but in red was cool.

- It was nice to see that not all the VF-171's were converted and that only the EX's were used as the spear head to the offensive.

- It's nice to be right about Sheryl after all, however the question of what happened to her mother comes to mind. The kid was left homeless and her grandmother never knew? Then she's experimented on? Makes one wonder just how much Mao changed...

- I noticed the homage to Mac II, however with a Kawamori twist.

- Sheryl's singing was largely ineffective during the battle, however when Ranka started singing Obe.... well that was like a merging of the Mac II emulators and the effect Minmay had on the human/Zentreadi troops during DYRL. The lovely irony is that it was the Vajra who were inspired by the PC song, not humanity. I got the sense that they were indeed a product of the PC and hearing the song reminded them that they were created to protect their masters at all costs...

- The song also further reinforced my belief that SDFM is becoming relegated to a TV series within the universe as it never appeared in the TV series only the film. Thus Kawamori's statement about the actual story falling somewhere between the movie and TV show will become relevant again.

- Did Grace use the Varuata mind control techniques on Ranka or was she just convinced?

- Is Ranka on the Dulfim?

- We finally got our answer whether the pilot or the equipment increases survivability in combat. Alto could hold his own in a VF-25 vs the VF-27, but even in an upgraded VF-171EX he became cannon fodder for Brera.

- It is becoming a very real possiblity that Sheryl will die, but not by disease, but by the destruction of the Battle Frontier. Leon is in command and unless their is a coup de tat, the Frontier will have to be destroyed and all hands aboard her to stop him.

- I believe Alto is still alive, he still has to confront Ranka and Grace.

- It's gonna be a very interesting finale with so many possibilities to explore and we've learned that SK is a slippery story teller to his credit!

Watching the high qual now... what I love is that this episode ended at such a shocking point. It certainly will make the finale a must see, I think for a lot of people.

Speculation: Now that we know Sheryl is of the Nome descent, I think she will be the one to break through to Ranka somehow. I am reminded of that initial concert scene wehre Sheryl was singing and she and Ranka's song were heard by Alto. There is clearly some kind of link between the two of them and I don't believe it's dependent on the earring. This episode hints that Sheryl (minus that earring) has some sense of what's going on out there due likely to the increase levels of the infection.

12 hours up. No more spoiler tags.

This is gonna be short since this is a 2-part finale.

-Been saying it for weeks. It's biting Leon in the ass now.

-Grace, I think we all know where that thread is gonna end.

-Alto...never accept gifts from people close to you. You'll get shot down. Gamlin did it, and he got shot down. Physica did it, and he got shot down. Jeez, it's another VF pilot curse, just like teasing someone about their sex life during a patrol.

-And Alto is gonna pull a Gamlin. You people should know by now, if it blows up in the distance, he ain't dead. We got one more episode.

-Some people have been saying that Frontier was about to get a taste of it's own human-culture medicine. Good song to do it, too. :lol:

Now for some business. Keep an eye on the final episode thread. :D:ph34r: Observant ones will see.

Watching the high qual now... what I love is that this episode ended at such a shocking point. It certainly will make the finale a must see, I think for a lot of people.

Speculation: Now that we know Sheryl is of the Nome descent, I think she will be the one to break through to Ranka somehow. I am reminded of that initial concert scene wehre Sheryl was singing and she and Ranka's song were heard by Alto. There is clearly some kind of link between the two of them and I don't believe it's dependent on the earring. This episode hints that Sheryl (minus that earring) has some sense of what's going on out there due likely to the increase levels of the infection.

That bridge could be either the Dulfim or the Galaxy, but I am leaning toward the Battle Galaxy as she hasn't been seen since what? Episode 7? There is also a strong implication that Mao is aboard the Galaxy, so I think the Galaxy will play a part in the finale.

It is possible that Sheryl and Ranka will both be needed to marshal the forces of Frontier and the Vajra against the Galaxy fleet, just like in the openning credits at the beginning of the series and the concert scene where they met on the psychic plane.

So many possibilities! I love it!!!

And it turns out that Sheryl's father is one Aegis Focker. :p

This episode was awesome. I think Alto bailed out while Klan was occupying Brera's attention.

I'm waiting for "Kakizaki" to get blown away.

Jaw dropped when Ai Oboeteimasu ka started up. And here I was expecting/hoping it would be Sheryl singing it leading the Frontier to victory. Oh well, maybe next episode. It was just amazing to hear this new version, which sounded good, unlike the craptastic one that Mylene sang.

It was a nice switch. That song used in defense of a planet against the human invaders. The fleet barrage away from the planet.

Here's to hoping that Brera gets shot down and dies next episode. :) And that Grace gets that really brutally nasty ending... :D

Battle Frontier vs Battle Galaxy, with Macross Quarter and the SMS to come in and save the day! Hell maybe there'll be a second season, who knows?

So exciting to be a Macross fan right now!!!

Edited by Sumdumgai

This is a great episode, however did it leave anybody a little...hungry? I mean this is it! There is no second season and I don't know about an OAV in the works, so this is it! Just a measly 30 more minutes and it's over! Dang! I'M STILL HUNGRY!!!

Just when things start getting good; it over! There is no way everything could possibly be resolved in just 30 minutes( at least not with any real satifaction)! I'll wait for the subs, but DANG JUST 30 MORE MINUTES? :huh:

Makes me wonder if grace can actually die. She's already died twice, the fire and the DE. What could kill her?

Grace pesonality/A.I. is stored in the fold network via her implant, so she's near immortal unless someone introduce microsoft bug and auto updater to the system.

I wonder where Ranka is all this time. <_< She was taken by Vajra so logically she would be in the Queen chamber now. But previous episode showing that Ranka has awaken (the implant which open the gate to Vajra hive fold network) so her personality is transported into the network along with the rest of Galaxy A.I. This explain why Grace and Brera could appear besides her and she literally became Little Queen by commanding the entire Vajra horde since now she has complete access to the Vajra fold network.

The only one who can stop Ranka is Sheryl, I hope the emotional blow to her with Alto apparent death scene will awaken Sheryll as well.

12 hours up. No more spoiler tags.

This is gonna be short since this is a 2-part finale.

-Been saying it for weeks. It's biting Leon in the ass now.

-Grace, I think we all know where that thread is gonna end.

-Alto...never accept gifts from people close to you. You'll get shot down. Gamlin did it, and he got shot down. Physica did it, and he got shot down. Jeez, it's another VF pilot curse, just like teasing someone about their sex life during a patrol.

-And Alto is gonna pull a Gamlin. You people should know by now, if it blows up in the distance, he ain't dead. We got one more episode.

-Some people have been saying that Frontier was about to get a taste of it's own human-culture medicine. Good song to do it, too. :lol:

Now for some business. Keep an eye on the final episode thread. :D:ph34r: Observant ones will see.

Leon was being played from the very start, it's only his ego that was preventing him from seeing that. So it's only natural his big play will end the way it does. The only question now is who'll get to snuff him in the end.

Cathy being the most obvious choice. "My name is Cathy Glass. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

People keep forgetting that the VFs has an automated eject system. So long as he survives the shot, the system will automatically initiate ejection before the plane goes critical.

As for Frontier getting a dose of irony, I said it before, I'll be cheering for those who delivers the song and they do it so spectacularly.

Fear indeed for the final episode thread. Making any plans to deal with the massive barrage it'll receive once the final epiosde is out?

HOLY FRACK!!!!! :o:o

ok let me backread first, get my bearings, and... and....

HOLY FRACK!!

Ai Oboeteimasu!

Humanity getting a does of their own proto-culture medicine!

Giant Ranka in space! (feels a wee bit like Macross II, don't it?)

Alto getting shot down (Saggitarius 1 is down!!)!

Sheryl's primal scream!

Photo album for the preview!

OMG!! Can't i just hibernate this week and wake up for the finale?! I can't stand this wait!!

Ok, just to make sure.... that picture that Cathy was holding.... so Sheryl is REALLY a Nome? Mao's grandchild?? Finally! a confirmation of what we've been speculating all along. or kind of. :)

and what was the gist of alto and sheryl's final conversation?

Ok really need to catch my breath and backread first. HOLY FRACK!!

Edited by dreamweaver13

The use of DYRL isn't a sign of the movie's canonicity at all.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Have you watched the first episodes of Frontier? The ones with scenes of DYRL in the intro? :rolleyes:

BTW... I believe that Episode 25 will have Alto returning in his VF-25... Macross Galaxy fighting Frontier... SMS Desertors joining Frontier in the battle... Etcetc. ^_^

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

The use of DYRL isn't a sign of the movie's canonicity at all. It's just reusing a popular song. Grace used it because it was horribly ironic. It could have been Holy Lonely Light fer crying out loud.

And let's just bask in it again...

Bug stompin MDE barrage.

Ahhh. **** yeah.

I think someone said that Ai Oboete Imasuka was Minmay's last song composed before Megaroad 1 disappeared.