Macross Frontier Episode 24 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Rating  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Rating (or Ranting)

• Positive (Battle pr0n!!!!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (I have a better place for that MDE. Up Ranka's little bug queen a**)

Well, holy crap on a stick. *waits for next week*

I dunno what to think. I'm not so worried about the character's relationships as I am about what exactly just happened. And actually, I almost wouldn't be surprised if Alto did die. I know it'd be a nasty twist, but realizing it may be part of what brings Ranka back to her senses.

Most of me thinks that he just got folded out of the cockpit though, or otherwise saved from the explosion somehow. The earring obviously let him link up with the network somewhat, kind of how he did earlier when he heard the concert. What I do think though is that Sheryl's last scream is going to turn out to be much more than just a scream. I wouldn't be surprised if her sudden surge of emotion punches her right into the network. I don't think Sheryl's lost her ability to project the waves from giving the earring to Alto, it's just probably weaker. Either way though, that's a lousy song to sing for this situation I think.

I do appreciate the irony of the song though... the roles of the humans and vajra are not quite opposite those of the Zentraedi and humans in DYRL... but it's close enough that people should be getting the reference, and questioning what exactly is going on.

Can't wait for the subs now.

One other slightly disturbing thought..

If Sheryl is Mao's granddaughter... where are her parents? Why do I get the feeling that Grace set this whole thing up by killing them...

:ph34r:

That sooooo makes her MORE EVIL THEN. :D

BTW, SKULL LEADER looks very GAR in an EX-GEAR!!! :D

Edited by grss1982

Seriously guys... Did any of you actually watch

DYRL? Ai Oboete imasuka was supposed to be an ancient Protoculture song... I'm not surprised that was Queen Ranka's song of choice since is obvious so far that the Vajra are related to the Birdman which itself was connected to the Protoculture

... :rolleyes:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I do recall someone saying (might have been on IRC) that

Grace chose the song and that she thought it would be fitting

That's easy to answer: until the VF-171EX, none of the VF-171 "Vampire Plus" had EX-Gear (unless if you believe the novelization is more accurate than the anime).

thing with the ex gear seems like we've never ever seen a regular NUNS pilot get out in time with it :blink: if they even really have it haha maybe there were budget cuts :ph34r:

@wolf: Could you change your sig from Michael to

Alto

for the next 7 days? :lol:

@Duke Togo: They call it an Ex-Gear. :)

*Sigh*. Time is running out for Michel. Ah well...if i'm wrong (which looks likely)... i'm the only one who will feel disappointed. :(

After watching ther preview for episode 25 I believe those were

scenes of the credits for that episode... (Guess Kawamori don't want us to see anything from the Episode yet... perhaps the official page wont have any neither...). Does this mean that we will have RUNNER with those SDF style credits as well?

I hope my wish is fullfilled. I love "Runner" so much that I hoped to have the original or a new rendition of it in Frontier.

:lol:

I wonder who will sing it? Megumi Nakajima or May'N? ^_^

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

That's easy to answer: until the VF-171EX, none of the VF-171 "Vampire Plus" had EX-Gear (unless if you believe the novelization is more accurate than the anime).

makes since I was trying to recall if they even had it since it seemed only the VF25's really showed it off

After watching ther preview for episode 25 I believe those were

scenes of the credits for that episode... (Guess Kawamori don't want us to see anything from the Episode yet... perhaps the official page wont have any neither...). Does this mean that we will have RUNNER with those SDF style credits as well?

I hope my wish is fullfilled. I love "Runner" so much that I hoped to have the original or a new rendition of it in Frontier.

:lol:

I wonder who will sing it? Megumi Nakajima or May'N? ^_^

It's even more suspicious that they have Yousei leak all over the internet while Anata no Oto full version's tightly secured, the same with how Blue Ether just came out of the, blue. Bobby has more chances of singing it than May'N. :lol: He already sang one of Ranka's jingles.

Edited by shan

Well, I wouldn't call it a "tear"jerker per say, but a jerker of a different sort it certainly is. Sorry, I couldn't resist. :lol:

Something is bugging me about the Mao/Sheryl pic. Why would someone write a note "Your Grand Daughter, Sheryl" on the pic when the person in the picture is the grandmother? What am I missing here? I would think that if the grandmother, Mao, is in the pic holding Sheryl, she would already know that's her granddaughter.

Why do I wish that someone will kill Brera already? It just bugs me that he's this ultimate pilot that no one can out fight. I realize he is a cyborg, but it just irritates me when they have unbeatable opponents. I so badly want Klan to blow him away.

Something is bugging me about the Mao/Sheryl pic. Why would someone write a note "Your Grand Daughter, Sheryl" on the pic when the person in the picture is the grandmother? What am I missing here? I would think that if the grandmother, Mao, is in the pic holding Sheryl, she would already know that's her granddaughter.

That's Mao's daughter holding little Sheryl. As someone said it likely Grace was the reason Sheryl ended up a orphan. Her parents were murdered. Even back at 117th Grace seemed a little crazy before the bugs ruined her day. Which may indicate she was a cyborg then or she has always been a gynoid.

If your talking about this pic:

http://img161.imageshack.us/my.php?image=i...55666491vb1.jpg

The two people in the pic are'nt actually Sheryl and Mao. Its actually an unnamed Daughter or Daughter in Law of Mao and Sheryl, Grand Daughter of Mao.

:)

hasnt anyone heard of an ejector seat? :mellow:

I have. :) Its called an Ex-Gear. :D

Edited by grss1982

If your talking about this pic:

http://img161.imageshack.us/my.php?image=i...55666491vb1.jpg

The two people in the pic are'nt actually Sheryl and Mao. Its actually an unnamed Daughter or Daughter in Law of Mao and Sheryl, Grand Daughter of Mao.

:)

Well, she certainly resembles Mao very closely, so I would conclude that it must be Mao's daughter holding baby Sheryl. You are right though, it would make no sense for it to be Mao herself, and that's what was confusing to me. I wonder if the dialogue clarified it?

What was the

mecha that briefly appeared when Alto shouted for Ranka near the end?

Was that another new Macross class ship? It looked very odd. Battle Galaxy?

Are you sure its not Brera's? He does appear briefly when Alto tap the fold network with help from Sheryl earring.

So

Bilrer said that he's finally going to meet someone

Who could that be?

The Protoculture and the Megaroad 01 survivors who reverted to a Mayan lifestyle in the planet's surface? Old tribe leaders Hikaru and Misa?

:wacko::lol:

Isn't that obvious?

He's going to meet his old lover the Vajra Queen.