Alien Vs. Predator Teaser Trailer

CaptRico

Excellent! [/billandted]

First. Freddy vs. Jason.

Next. Alien vs. Predator.

What's coming? B))B))B))

Is Paul Anderson still directing Resident Evil 2?

Edited by UN Spacy

Gotta say, I REALLY did'n't like that featurette.

Spoilers:

- Predators are the mysterious "aliens" that helped ancient man build the pyramids? How lame is that?! I could go into how lame that is...but I hope I don't have to.

- The notion that thy built these pyramids as ritual sites for their "coming of age" rite...but only send 5 Predators every 1000 years? Waste of resources.

- His scene idea of 3 Preds vs. 1000s of Aliens just seemed lame. It would work for a Warhammer 40K shot, but not for something like this. At least in my opinion it will be a cheasy shot.

-I can't get over this...Predators built the pyramids, and hunt from there. Chist is that lame. Why bring in the freakin' pyramids, just to please the crop-circle/x-files geeks?

- I said it before and I'll say it again. They should have gone with the original comic story. At least I'll always have that after this movie disappoints me (as it looks increasingly likely that it will).

Terrible idea I agree.

Paul "WS" Anderson is raping movies that have a built in fan base one after the other (because that's the only way he can get people to see his movies?). Instead of doing something the fans want, he does something he wants because "he's a huge fan". So, we get his hack attempt at storytelling, and since his previous movies made money, he gets to keep doing this forever, and we keep paying to see it!

Can't wait to see what he does next. Maybe the Metroid movie?

He's not directing Resident Evil 2, I think he's the writer/producer on that one.

It's sad that the ideas he's making movies from are better than the ones he's coming up with. Proof that life is not fair.

Yeah, "whoever wins, the fans lose".

Edited by Pat S

I had really high hopes for this film, but after seeing that, all that hope is gone. Looks like another cheese film that Hollywood is riding on the name instead of making a good movie. What the hell are they thinking? Predators made the pyramids? They should have stuck with a story similar to the comics.

I don't mind the ideas presented in that featurette. It's somewhat original thinking, not too limited by the comics and what else has been put forward in either universe.

So, unlike the rest of you, it seems, I won't be one to completely trash it right now.

I'll wait a bit, see how cheesy it becomes, and THEN trash it.

:p

Actually, I feel that since they massacred the original story line on how Aliens were to get to earth I think this is better than nothing. After ALIENS the Sulako was to make it to Earth and Ripley was to wake up to a Military Nightmare where the Government is turning the Alien into a Super Soldier. The Aliens were to run wild and then the Earth was to call on the last remaining Predators to clean then up.

Since Alien3 and Resurrection both destroyed the possibility of the original story line let's just wait and see.

How many of you thought T3 was a shitty ass movie? And how many of you were proved wrong? I happened to like T3 a lot. One of the better films I've seen in the past two years...well...besides LOTR. ^_^

Paul Anderson will RUIN this franchise.

Imagine if the film had a decent director (Cameron?) and followed the original comic mini-series plot.

Instead we get a half-assed, continuity destroying crap-fest set in the present day. Thanks, Paul. Thanks for raping my childhood.

I doubted the movie at first, but I'm warming up to it. That whole thing about the Predators helping ancient man build the pyramids isn't that farfetched as opposed to some of the other lamer theories about how they were made besides using slaves and such.

How many of you thought T3 was a shitty ass movie? And how many of you were proved wrong? I happened to like T3 a lot. One of the better films I've seen in the past two years...well...besides LOTR. ^_^

I felt T3 just wasn't as well put together as T2. I dunno it just didn't feel as real and the story felt kind of cheesy compared to Camerons T2.

How many of you thought T3 was a shitty ass movie?  And how many of you were proved wrong?  I happened to like T3 a lot.  One of the better films I've seen in the past two years...well...besides LOTR. ^_^

I felt T3 just wasn't as well put together as T2. I dunno it just didn't feel as real and the story felt kind of cheesy compared to Camerons T2.

What? I don't understand why people like the lovey dovey terminator in T2. Blech.

Anyway, I think this movie will be just fine. Its got Aliens, Predators... and they're going to kill eachother. We'll have to wait and see when it comes out... and as more actual footage becomes available.

But people like to be the first one to say something is going to suck, so....

Hey, I also thought T3 was going to bomb big time, but it didn't and I was raving about it when I saw it. One thing is for sure and that is that the Terminator movies are the ultimate Man vs. Machine movies, unlike the "Fatrix." T3 was pretty good when compared to T2, but T2 makes me laugh because of all of the things that the Simpsons spoofed from it, like when Homer chases Ned's car on foot with golf clubs. The music and Homer's look was hilarious! :lol:

Edited by Macross_Fanboy

I doubted the movie at first, but I'm warming up to it. That whole thing about the Predators helping ancient man build the pyramids isn't that farfetched as opposed to some of the other lamer theories about how they were made besides using slaves and such.

I think they used kites to move the blocks.

i have gotten to the point whenere i am unsure if this was a dream or not, but i could swear that a few years ago i saw a tv commercial for an aliean vs predator movie, i know it was around the same time there was that big wave of alien toys, people might say it was an ad for the game but i know what i saw was live action i have asked a few others about it, some people do seem to know what im tlaking about so im pretty sure there was an alien vs predator movie in the works awhile back, and that one looked very good

If it was the ad with an alien tapping a guy on the shoulder with his mom's severed arm, it was the AvP Jaguar ad.

If it was the ad with an alien tapping a guy on the shoulder with his mom's severed arm, it was the AvP Jaguar ad.

no, i rmeber it seemed to be set in the jungle for the most part, there was one clip of a predator rising out of the water and it's camo was bugging like is was skipping and there gaps where you could see the predator, and then an alien jumps out of the brush my the river and attacks him, i kno there were other prts to the trailer but thats one scene i rmember the best

I too thought T3 was excellent. My Dad like it since it had a good ending - leding up to the war.

As for AVP -- I too agree that they should stick with the storylines of the comics.

This present day crap isn't really what I want. But since it IS still AVP in general, I'll take a crack at it and see how this movie turns out. Besides, it could turn out like T3 did for all we know! :-/

How many of you thought T3 was a shitty ass movie?  And how many of you were proved wrong?  I happened to like T3 a lot.  One of the better films I've seen in the past two years...well...besides LOTR. ^_^

I thought T3 was a mediocre effort, not good, not really bad, just sort of passable. It's certainly not a movie I would go to see more than once at the theatre (unlike T1 & T2) and I wouldn't buy it on DVD either.

IMO, it would probably would have been much better if James Cameron had directed it and also if Linda Hamilton had stared.

Mind you, if Cameron had directed it, given his obssession with all things oceanic, he probably would have had freediving Terminators battling it out on the sunken hull of the Titanic B))

Graham