Ride Armors, Legioss and Treads! Oh my!

EXO

So the Beagle is out today?

Probably won't have time to go get one till at least next Friday. I'm guessing that they will probably be sold out over here by then.

When will the Ray be coming out. February or March?

Only a prototype of the Ray has been seen so far. No pre-orders are up yet (that I am aware of anyway).

The first over priced Beage is up on eBay already. They want $260 plus EMS shipping of $40. I know you all didn't pay that much thru Overdrive.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Macross-Mospeada-Robot...A1%7C240%3A1318

That's actually slightly less than the RRP of 24,000Y. About $269.63 USD. The origional Overdrive price was particually good tho.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BEA07049

So the Beagle is out today?

Probably won't have time to go get one till at least next Friday. I'm guessing that they will probably be sold out over here by then.

When will the Ray be coming out. February or March?

Actually, I think Yellow/Lancer is supposed to be March, and then Ray/Rand in May, though I may not be remembering correctly.

I know, seems weird, since Ray and Stig are almost identical molds, so would be easier to follow one up by the other, but they probably figured it would be tougher to get us to buy both, unless they get us to buy another along the way, and then start to feel that we need all variations... which is probably pretty smart.

How did you get your hands on a blue alpha?

No visible problems so far. All in all I was very lucky with both of my blue alphas. As both have high serial numbers (above 5000) I'm guessing if that has something to do.

And now, I need to get one of those beagles. Trying to imagine the looks of Yellow's "blowsperior", jokes aside.

I believe he wanted to know WHERE you got a blue Alpha.

EDIT - Ravenhawk, I'm almost certain Ray is following Stig. I think someone mispoke or typed something errantly when they suggested Yellow would be after Stig. Ray is already in prototype form... there's been no mock ups of Yellow yet.

Edited by jenius

EDIT - Ravenhawk, I'm almost certain Ray is following Stig. I think someone mispoke or typed something errantly when they suggested Yellow would be after Stig. Ray is already in prototype form... there's been no mock ups of Yellow yet.

Not arguing with you at all, just basing my information on BigBadToyStore.

If you look up there list of Robotech items there, they have the Scott Beagle listed as Masterpiece #1 (1st quarter 2009), Lancer as #2 (1st quarter 2009), and Rand as #3 (also 1st quarter 2009, though I am almost sure I saw another site listing the 3 dates as January, March, and May).

Ah, so Joel is the source of the information. Well, we'll all know soon enough, that's for sure. Back in the day I asked a Japanese toy distributor about the Beagle and he told me that they were uncertain but Beagle was hoping to have Ray out in March. That's certainly not very reliable info though so anything is possible. That was also before Beagle delayed Stig by two months... it'd be sad if we weren't getting Ray now until May.

Edited by jenius

Ooooops :lol: that's what happens when you read too fast.

ebay; I found a good soul selling it with a "buy it now" option at $130 and I couldn't resist.

This also looks interesting so far:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Robotech-Masterpiece-M...1QQcmdZViewItem

That's what I thought you were going to say...

Thanks.

BTW, for anyone who care, I emailed sales and marketing at Toynami about a week or two ago to ask if they would be re-offering the blue MPC Alpha to help us all avoid buying from Aoshima instead... and still no reply.

Thanks everyone for the replies concerning the Beta/Alpha link-up. To address a few points, I did fold the cockpit and splayed open the feet as far as I could make them go before getting leery of breaking something on the Alpha. The Alpha is too heavy and settles lower than it should with the legs apart (I remedied this by making a small propping piece that snaps onto the leg's tab), and the Beta's problem is that the cockpit is just too wide; had they made it just 3 or 4 mm narrower, not only would it look better but also provided a much better fit for the Alpha's foot thrusters, and would allow room for a removable box to improve the look of battloid mode... I guess I'll just have to keep trying until I hit on the proper geometry to make it work to my satisfaction.

I believe the Japanese release of the beagle is. ITS OUT! Mine just shipped from Overdrive in Japan. I'm so excited. Now I pray quality control is good.

Curses. I was hoping that the Japanese release was later this month. I hope that it is not an in stant sell out like the VF1 1/60 was.

You're probably safe, the Beagle costs an arm and a leg, i'm guessing a few will stick around in stores while people wait for braver souls to let them know if it's worth the price.

In other news for Beagle fans, I'm pretty sure I have the release order figured out from some conversations recently. See the last paragraph of my latest post at my site :)

In other news for Beagle fans, I'm pretty sure I have the release order figured out from some conversations recently. See the last paragraph of my latest post at my site :)

Yeah, that's what I heard too :blink: Which seemed odd given that the Blowsperior is only a mild edit of the Stig/Ray whilst the Bartley is almost completely different (and why I suspect Megahouse hasn't released yet). I also wonder how Beagle plan to do the hair for Yellow and Hoquet. :unsure:

You're probably safe, the Beagle costs an arm and a leg, i'm guessing a few will stick around in stores while people wait for braver souls to let them know if it's worth the price.

Hope so. Since I can't physically get to the shops till the 23rd i'm going to try to go online and order one. Asked Ren about a little shop in Osaka that might have them.

That high price could be a blessing in disguise in this case.

edit

Just contacted Overdrive to see if they can reserve one for me for collection on Friday. Fingers-crossed

Edited by Alex

Pssst.... Shadow fighter's don't have shoulder arrays.

I know, but I thought it looked cool and the shoulder flap just looks like it's missing something with that hole in it.

I know, but I thought it looked cool and the shoulder flap just looks like it's missing something with that hole in it.

Yeah, that always frustrated me about every Dark Legioss toy made... nobody bothered to just delete that flap. It's really easy to design away where it doesn't exist and fighter still looks good but nobody ever bothers... how sad. The good news though, while I may say shadow fighters have no shoulder array, in Shadow Chronicles some of the newer Shadow Fighters do.

Hope so. Since I can't physically get to the shops till the 23rd i'm going to try to go online and order one. Asked Ren about a little shop in Osaka that might have them.

That high price could be a blessing in disguise in this case.

edit

Just contacted Overdrive to see if they can reserve one for me for collection on Friday. Fingers-crossed

I ordered the Toynami one, but I'm tempted on the Beagle for the Plaque and the box art (I can't help it, I'm a purist). Does Overdrive accepts Paypal, BTW?

Edit: Thanks for the tip Jenius, I'll try to get an used one on the cheap to experiment with.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy