Ride Armors, Legioss and Treads! Oh my!

EXO

Ow. That's worse than I imagined.

My Aoshima (which I bought just after they were released) finally succumbed to his arthritis and the hands (BOTH) crumbled on the same day. Which is kinda of sweet in a way. The left couldn't live without the right.

Apart from that though, the Aoshima has survived numerous drops and lived to fly another day.

I thought the hands on the Aoshimas were made with a more durable material than the Toynamis?

It just looks so uninteresting at that scale, any details lost in the black.

Yeah. And her face is really ugly, too. I plan on trying to improve her face a bit, and do some highlighting on the black and panel-lining on the lighter parts to bring out the details.

With no word from Toynami do you think there's any chance they've decided to upgrade something before shipping the Cyclones?

I can't imagine they could time or money wise, but it sure would add to their improving reputation if they decided to swap out the cloth for something better.

I personally would love to wait a few months if they had the guts to do it.

With no word from Toynami do you think there's any chance they've decided to upgrade something before shipping the Cyclones?

I can't imagine they could time or money wise, but it sure would add to their improving reputation if they decided to swap out the cloth for something better.

I personally would love to wait a few months if they had the guts to do it.

I was actually wondering about the same thing today. Still no news on the Robotech.com website. Not emails about my preorder shipping. Nothing. So, something is delaying things, but it's either not something which they want to admit to, thus no word of what is going on, or it is something which is causing them to have NO IDEA when they will actually be able to ship these, which has caused them to keep silent, rather than giving potentially incorrect information.

I was thinking about what could be causing the delay. Now, we know that the boxes have been made, since there's a review of one in MasterPiece Bookend boxing.

So, it seems like either:

a) Beagle fulfilled their orders, but didn't manufacture enough to fulfill Toynami's orders yet, and they're waiting until they do before they ship anything to Toynami

b) Toynami found some quality control issues and is having Beagle fix them before they ship any out, so as not to further damage their reputation, as with the Maia Alpha.

c) Something else, which will likely put one or both of these companies in a much less favorable light from us, the fans/consumers.

I was actually wondering about the same thing today. Still no news on the Robotech.com website. Not emails about my preorder shipping. Nothing. So, something is delaying things, but it's either not something which they want to admit to, thus no word of what is going on, or it is something which is causing them to have NO IDEA when they will actually be able to ship these, which has caused them to keep silent, rather than giving potentially incorrect information.

I was thinking about what could be causing the delay. Now, we know that the boxes have been made, since there's a review of one in MasterPiece Bookend boxing.

So, it seems like either:

a) Beagle fulfilled their orders, but didn't manufacture enough to fulfill Toynami's orders yet, and they're waiting until they do before they ship anything to Toynami

b) Toynami found some quality control issues and is having Beagle fix them before they ship any out, so as not to further damage their reputation, as with the Maia Alpha.

c) Something else, which will likely put one or both of these companies in a much less favorable light from us, the fans/consumers.

I just got word from my buddy at maybang.com that hes picking them up today and will have them available :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Toynami-Robotech-Cyclo...93%3A1|294%3A50

Edited by sil80jdm

I just got word from my buddy at maybang.com that hes picking them up today and will have them available :)

So I guess those of us that actually bought somewhat direct and preordered from Robotech.com are getting screwed again...

im sure since maybang got it, theres no reason why robotech.com wouldnt get them as well since theyre ready at toynami.. Just my guess

Maybe, but there's still no word on the website about them being in, no email telling me my preorder shipped, and we had to pay the same $200, plus shipping, unlike the maybang price.

Not sure if it applied to this thread, but....

real%20life%20mospeada%20bike.jpg

Somebody finally did it! Someone finally did a real "Mospeada" style sport bike!

^_^

Oops!!! never mind--it's just a Photoshop!!! :angry:

That particular picture is photoshop, but there building a real one, trying to make a B-King into that.

I thought the hands on the Aoshimas were made with a more durable material than the Toynamis?

Apparently not. The hands literally seemed to become more brittle over time. They were just a little rubbery when I first bought it, but now they seem to have hardened.

Hands down the worst part of the toy!

Sorry to come back to this, but I finally opened up my second Blue Beta this morning. ^_^

At first glance everything looked okay. But I think one of two things probably happened with this particular Beta:

- Either the factory worker had some greasy/dirty fingers when he/she was assembling this Beta.

- Or someone at the factory got lazy and slopped some excess paint or grease here and there.

Basically, there were a good handful of noticeable black/brownish streaks of paint, grease, or dirt on the following white parts of the Beta:

* The white vector thurster(?)
:unsure:
of the middle booster;

* The back of the left thigh;

* The back parts of both forearms (i.e., the white parts of the arms that eventually face the front when the Beta is in bomber mode); and

* A couple minor sploches on the shoulders.

Luckily, a wet paper towel removed some of it, and some sandpaper eventually got the more stubborn crud off.

I know it's a minor nitpick, and it really didn't damage the figure. But the streaks were a noticeable flaw and would have bugged the hell out of me if I didn't clean them off.

Oh well, I guess I got spoiled with that the first, almost flawless, Beta.

just got the masterpiece opened up and heres some pics of the face.. its actually a lot better than i thought =)

looks like the stand keeps the mospeada sticker instead of changing it over to robotech

DSC00152.jpg

DSC00153.jpg

DSC00156.jpg

sorry about the pics.. my camera sux

Edited by sil80jdm

just got the masterpiece opened up and heres some pics of the face.. its actually a lot better than i thought =)

looks like the stand keeps the mospeada sticker instead of changing it over to robotech

That's great news! (not that your camera sucks, I mean the Mospeada sticker thing). I was about to order the Beagle one only because I was convinced that the display base would read "Robotech, The New Generation", seriously. Of course back then I thought that the sticker was actually a plaque, but no biggie.

DSC00152.jpg

DSC00153.jpg

DSC00156.jpg

Hey sil80jdm, glad too see you got your Toynami Cyclone. When you get a chance, take some pictures outside, if your camera is not doin to well indoors, outside with natural light is better.

Let us know if you see any QC issues or if it seems safe to handle!! Enjoy!!!!

Edited by 505thAirborne

Why the heck did Toynami not switch out the darn Mospeada stand label?

Ugh.

This seems incredibly easy to do. I guess they might say price was a factor, and I realize theirs is lower, but I would have paid the extra 2 bucks for a Robotech Scott label.

And while they're at it $10 more for a neck plug and $20 more for better cloth would have been good too.

Maybe I'm in the minority and others here will be glad the kept the cost as low as possible. . .

One thing to explain myself further.

If I had bought the Beagle version and there was a RB Scott label on there I would be just as frustrated.

Maybe I'm a perfectionist or something but if you're going to incur $20/$30 of the total cost on a RB Scott book-style box, maybe you should consider the stand label too.

Guess I need to be in these meeting rooms to really understand. How the neck screw hole in a $250 toy is OK, or the 'masterpiece beta' can be made without the often shown top missile bays.

Glad for these after so many years, just confused about some of the obscure details hard fought for while other obvious ones sometimes left out.

Huh. Looking at that tray, it appears that there's only 1 head (on Scott), and 1 helmet. I can't tell if the helmet's visor is up or down, so it makes me wonder this: Does the helmet also have a "helmeted head" inside it? Or does this helmet hollow and it just goes on the already-mounted Scott head?

1 head and 1 helmeted head... no empty helmets.

Mine just broke... just a random defect though... one of the fins on the wheel was painted shut and broke right when I tried to flip it open. Funny, since it was the last thing I had to do before I finished transforming it... Not funny cuz it's so awesome...

Gonna email them for a fix.

1 head and 1 helmeted head... no empty helmets.

Mine just broke... just a random defect though... one of the fins on the wheel was painted shut and broke right when I tried to flip it open. Funny, since it was the last thing I had to do before I finished transforming it... Not funny cuz it's so awesome...

Gonna email them for a fix.

Quick question are the handle bars supposed to rub up on the big tire in armor mode? If it is that's kinda annoying I'm hoping I just transformed it wrong someone please clarify.

Quick question are the handle bars supposed to rub up on the big tire in armor mode? If it is that's kinda annoying I'm hoping I just transformed it wrong someone please clarify.

The grey part of the handle bars seem to touch the tires a bit, more on the right on mine than the left. But if positioned correctly, this should be minimal. The tight tolerances for this toy is sometimes unforgiving. One mm of incorrect positioning becomes a pain in the neck in some parts.

Why the heck did Toynami not switch out the darn Mospeada stand label?

Ugh.

This seems incredibly easy to do. I guess they might say price was a factor, and I realize theirs is lower, but I would have paid the extra 2 bucks for a Robotech Scott label.

And while they're at it $10 more for a neck plug and $20 more for better cloth would have been good too.

Maybe I'm in the minority and others here will be glad the kept the cost as low as possible. . .

While I agree with your points about how, spending $200 on a Cyclone, or $150 on a Beta, you expect them to go all out and no skimp on any details, I have to say that I disagree with you on the MOSPEADA label on the stand thing. Unlike a lot of people on this forum, I like Robotech, and am glad it introduced me to anime, but I like MOSPEADA better and would rather have it say MOSPEADA than Robotech, all other things being equal.

Oh, btw, I ordered mine from Robotech.com, and not the Beagle version.

Just got my toynami masterpiece cyclone guys I'll take some pics tonight as soon as my camera charges for you guys who have been waiting for info on the toynami version :)

Where did you order it at. Robotech.com says they are still pre-order?

Help a brother out, I'm ready to order one yesterday! :)