Ride Armors, Legioss and Treads! Oh my!

EXO

Thanx Jenius & Tober.

Would it be safe to assume that since we,ve seen prototype pictures of the Ley/Rand already that it would be too late for the improvements to be appplied (too Ley/Rand)...and maybe wait until the next production run of whoever that could be??

It's hard to say but the prototype they were showing was just a Stig toy with the gun swapped on and a new head on the figure. Whether or not they could incorporate changes for the next project depends on when it's supposed to be released. If It's due out by the end of March they could probably only make very minor changes... like a different fabric. If it's not due out until the end of April there might be more hope.

It's hard to say but the prototype they were showing was just a Stig toy with the gun swapped on and a new head on the figure. Whether or not they could incorporate changes for the next project depends on when it's supposed to be released. If It's due out by the end of March they could probably only make very minor changes... like a different fabric. If it's not due out until the end of April there might be more hope.

Isn't that all most Rand/Ray figures are, anyway?

Isn't that all most Rand/Ray figures are, anyway?

To a point. What I'm saying is they took a preproduction Stig sample and made some changes to it to create a preproduction Ray sample. It's not like they had actually made a dedicated Ray at that point so there's still hope that there will be changes made to make the Ray product superior to the Stig product.

To a point. What I'm saying is they took a preproduction Stig sample and made some changes to it to create a preproduction Ray sample. It's not like they had actually made a dedicated Ray at that point so there's still hope that there will be changes made to make the Ray product superior to the Stig product.

I get what you're saying.

I suspect that we'll see a Ray that is essentially a Stig come out, but that the changes people are asking for may come to play with the Fuke and Blowsperior.

On a different note, I've always thought that the "Blowsperior" name was a Japanese-Engrish-ization of Brough Superior. Anybody have any opinions on this?

I get what you're saying.

I suspect that we'll see a Ray that is essentially a Stig come out, but that the changes people are asking for may come to play with the Fuke and Blowsperior.

On a different note, I've always thought that the "Blowsperior" name was a Japanese-Engrish-ization of Brough Superior. Anybody have any opinions on this?

Yes, it is a mis-romanization of Brough Superior... and Fuke is actually "Houquet."

I just saw this: Toynami Maia Sterling MPC Alpha recall.

Is this old news? I'm tempted to get one if it ends up being any better than the other Toynami Alphas, since they're moving the production to the factory that made the Betas.

I know what you'll say:"The problem with the Alphas is the molds, not the factory yadda, yadda." Here's hoping anyway. I don't care for Shadow Chronicles in the slightest, but I do want to see a good Toynami Alpha, since I do like the sculpt and design.

What jenius said.

And "Stig" is a creative misspelling on ADV's part. His name is supposed to be translated as Stick.

I just saw this: Toynami Maia Sterling MPC Alpha recall.

Is this old news? I'm tempted to get one if it ends up being any better than the other Toynami Alphas, since they're moving the production to the factory that made the Betas.

I know what you'll say:"The problem with the Alphas is the molds, not the factory yadda, yadda." Here's hoping anyway. I don't care for Shadow Chronicles in the slightest, but I do want to see a good Toynami Alpha, since I do like the sculpt and design.

that news is so old my great granpa told me about it...

that news is so old it came over the telegraph...

that news is so old... well you get it...

Yes, it is a mis-romanization of Brough Superior... and Fuke is actually "Houquet."

Darn... here I thought I had discovered something on my own that maybe other people hadn't realized yet... lol

I did know about Fuke being Houquet, but had forgotten. Thanks for the reminded. Do you know the origin of that word?

I originally read about it here:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~cyc01/gcmFAQ.htm

Houquet Eroze? I thought she was named Fuke Eroze?

Well, the TV series has it as Houquet and the toys and models have it as Fuke, so which is right? Houquet is a French name and is pronounced approximately "hoo-ke". Japanese is phonetic, and when written in katakana it was converted to "Huke". Unfortunately, the character for "hu" is the same as "fu", and when the toy and model licensee's switched it back to the roman alphabet someone who didn't know it was supposed to be Houquet read the katakana as Fuke and wrote it as such. Most use Houquet when talking about the character and the series and Fuke to describe the Bartley Ride Armor and Zeta-model Legioss Armo-Fighter.

I originally read about it here:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~cyc01/gcmFAQ.htm

I've seen that, and I've seen a few places which refer to her as Houquet et Rose ("Houquet" and red).

Still curious about the origin, since I'm under the impression that most of these things from MOSPEADA had some sort of origins or were an homage to something or other.

Edited by RavenHawk

I've noticed on eBay that a couple stores are listing a ship date of Feb 9th for the Toynami version of the Beagle, and for the Red Beta.

That's funny, you replied to my post in the thread on Robotech.com too.

I'd post there more often, but there doesn't seem to be much info coming from RT.com lately and their site keeps crashing. I'm glad we at least have this forum! :lol:

I prefer this forum about a thousand times over, but that seemed to be the most appropriate place to ask when the Toynami Beagle would finally ship out!

Guys, maybe need some help here.. i dsicover my crotch area just started to tear off, is there any better way to mend this tear ?

i was thinking of dismantling all the parts, but i was not very confident of doing it, since it costs me USD$230 just to get it..

Any gd suggestions??

post-1278-1233761075_thumb.jpg

Edited by eyesonme78

He did get one thing wrong in the review.

It actually IS possible to put Stick in the armour without removing the helmeted head.

All you have to do is open the visor and put him in at a slight angle. Works no problem for me and does not scratch in the slightest.

the Beagle scores points for the hbt cell coming out of the feul tank just tried it today,and replaced it with the other hbt cells(and here I was thinking that they were just for display) nice work Beagle...just fix those heads, screw hole in neck,different cloth and some tighter friction points on the bike..eg feul tank to seat connection and I,ll buy the Ray!!

Yep, real solid rubber tires. Check out the collection DX review on youtube!! Once I have some money saved up, I'm getting one!!

Though i'm not happy that the tread is so sparse. I really want to replace those tyres with something more like the MH's.

The collectiondx video review got taken down... I hope because they're going to transform it with the head on. I'd rather see someone else do it so I can correct my review also instead of having to dig the toy out and do it myself :). Yeah, I'm feeling lazy.

The collectiondx video review got taken down... I hope because they're going to transform it with the head on. I'd rather see someone else do it so I can correct my review also instead of having to dig the toy out and do it myself :). Yeah, I'm feeling lazy.

Remember that you have to open the visor first and angle it in. At least that's the only way i could do it. You can see that they've designed the collar to fit the helmet but got it a little too small.