Ride Armors, Legioss and Treads! Oh my!

EXO

Did you notice the detail on the leg lights? The detail on the chest lights? The 2 diff treads for the front and rear tires?

-- Look at me! I haven't even gotten the MPC yet and I'm already wishing for something else!

But I just watched the Jonathan Wolf episode with my son, and for that episode anyway it really shows the Cyclone armor to be like the Beagle - not Gakken or the Toynami that never was. Those remind me of some 'ol suit of armor that makes mobility difficult. They're cool but not like the streamlined shape of this one coming out.

The Beagle/MPC is more of a light, zipping around suit that I would want if I were taking on the purple slugs.

The Toynami's biggest difference from the Gakken was the articulation in the rider figure. Then there's all the extra details including the the jets and fins that pop out of the wheels. Well, I guess the real biggest difference was the price, the Toynami was supposed to run $79.99, not $199.99.

Maybe its not too 'rabbity' - just the nose and mouth.

Here's a comparison pic with an actual rabbit with helmut.

I do like the early Toynami head sculpt best out of all.

That's funny stuff. AND I'm impressed by your photoshop job there.

I get what you meant by the rabbity now. I was thinking ears, not face. Sorry, I've been up for 40 hours straight.

I wonder who the lucky devil is who gets one of these proto-types to display in their personal collection.

The Toynami Cyclone that never was. eBay in 10 years; $5,000

So would this now be the most rare MOSPEADA collectible to date? Even more rare than the old crummy Betas/Treads?

I opted to skip out on the Megahouse to get the Beagle... getting the unreleased Toynami cyclone would probably equate to getting the Megahouse. If I can skip out on something that was widely available, I can certainly skip out on a "rare" toy that wasnt good enough to be released. But I do prefer that head sculpt to the Toynami Beagle Masterpiece.

And yeah it struck me as weird that they had the Beagle head in the instructions for the MPC also. No Biggie.

So did they just change the box but the tray is the same? Everything is there right? Stand and all?

I wouldn't have preferred the original Toynami if it ACTUALLY made and sold. I just meant I wanted one of the probably 3 prototypes they have somewhere.

I'm sure I will be very thankful Beagle stepped in when they did so that Toynami could just partner up.

From what I can see so far my only complaint will be with the loose cloth and the neck screw.

Have to say, since part of me would like somewhat matching versions of my different variable bikes, and I doubt Beagle would ever undertake the Bubblegum Crisis and Megazone 23 licenses... would be interesting to see Yamato do a MOSPEADA (and not just help Beagle with the box).

Still no word on shipping from Robotech.com...

Have to say, since part of me would like somewhat matching versions of my different variable bikes, and I doubt Beagle would ever undertake the Bubblegum Crisis and Megazone 23 licenses... would be interesting to see Yamato do a MOSPEADA (and not just help Beagle with the box).

Still no word on shipping from Robotech.com...

From what I've heard, Ex Yamato people are the same people in Beagle, so you're probably not gonna get any much more different than what you're getting now.

I hope the quality for the Toynami Cyclone is as good (better maybe....?) the Beagle version. So far i have only heard a few minor issues with the Beagle. Toynami has gained a bit a reassurance from people with the Beta fighter-Bomber and with the recall of the Alphas. So I'll keep my fingers crossed.

From what I've heard, Ex Yamato people are the same people in Beagle, so you're probably not gonna get any much more different than what you're getting now.

Problem is, I want the quality and detail of the Beagle, but at a scale to match the Yamato variable bikes...

Probably asking way too much here.

I hope the quality for the Toynami Cyclone is as good (better maybe....?) the Beagle version. So far i have only heard a few minor issues with the Beagle. Toynami has gained a bit a reassurance from people with the Beta fighter-Bomber and with the recall of the Alphas. So I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I highly doubt it will be any better. With luck it will be the same. But that's the main reason I sprung for the Beagle, Toynami's reputation has preceded itself. Hopefully Toynami is doing nothing more than putting a different head on (and a different sticker on the stand), throwing it in a different box and calling it a day because anything else seems to end in disaster with them.

Vostok 7

Problem is, I want the quality and detail of the Beagle, but at a scale to match the Yamato variable bikes...

Probably asking way too much here.

It is asking for too much I guess... first of all, Megahouse is already at that scale (1/15) and if you scale down a Beagle you wont get the quality. you'd get a CMs.

Touting the Beagle toy for a Toynami product in their "certificate of authenticity" says a lot about their disingenuous business practice.

To be fair, we don't really know the interactions of the companies in the development of the toy. They may just be distributors or they may have had some key conversations early with Beagle that helped shape the final product.

To be fair, we don't really know the interactions of the companies in the development of the toy. They may just be distributors or they may have had some key conversations early with Beagle that helped shape the final product.

I think that would be too fair on Toynami's side since Beagle already had CADs for their version when Toynami was still touting their prototype. It wasn't until SDCC last year that we found out that Toynami made the switch after we already had months of Beagle prototype pictures.

I highly doubt it will be any better. With luck it will be the same. But that's the main reason I sprung for the Beagle, Toynami's reputation has preceded itself. Hopefully Toynami is doing nothing more than putting a different head on (and a different sticker on the stand), throwing it in a different box and calling it a day because anything else seems to end in disaster with them.

Vostok 7

I agree with ya Vostok, Lets hope its just a new head & sticker solution, or basically just a Beagle in disguise.

Yes, I can definitely see some humor there. You'd think they'd at least go for dual badging. The back of the cert probably has Beagle plastered all over it though. It's similar to the MPC Beta. Toynami is lapping up the credit there, and getting it, but it seems that really Aoshima deserves most the kudos.

On another note, here's something to consider. Toynami apparently agreed to purchase 3000 of the Beagle (with minor changes) to sell outside of Japan. The Beagle still retails for $280. Imagine what the Beagle would have cost if they didn't have some cost splitting with (and revenue from) Toynami. I think it's quite possible that without the Toynami connection the Beagle would have been dumbed down from what it is now or cost an even more ridiculous amount.

Yes, I can definitely see some humor there. You'd think they'd at least go for dual badging. The back of the cert probably has Beagle plastered all over it though. It's similar to the MPC Beta. Toynami is lapping up the credit there, and getting it, but it seems that really Aoshima deserves most the kudos.

On another note, here's something to consider. Toynami apparently agreed to purchase 3000 of the Beagle (with minor changes) to sell outside of Japan. The Beagle still retails for $280. Imagine what the Beagle would have cost if they didn't have some cost splitting with (and revenue from) Toynami. I think it's quite possible that without the Toynami connection the Beagle would have been dumbed down from what it is now or cost an even more ridiculous amount.

Yeah, I can't see that I'm finding anything to be hating on Toynami for here. Even after reading the certificate, they're just talking up the toy. Who knows what the deal was with Beagle? There's a lot involved in these business deals that the consumers don't get told about. I think it's likely that Toynami bankrolled a fair bit of the operation; there's a lot of cases like this in other industries where the product wouldn't have come out without a distributor jumping on board. It happens with independent movies all the time, some big distributor will buy a film and stick their name all over it and the small studio will be thrilled about it because their film couldn't have been made otherwise. Videogames: both Rock Band and Guitar Hero were created by Harmonix, but Activision and EA, the publishers, sure contributed a lot by providing funding and getting the product out on store shelves. Activision and EA are within reason to talk about "their" games being big successes.

Just because a Toynami employee didn't come up with the CAD designs doesn't necessarily mean Toynami wasn't a big contributor to getting the Beagle product acutally produced.

I dont think Toynami has anything to do with build or quality of the Beagle. The last time we saw Toynami having to do with any sort of hands on we got the Aoshima Legioss. But I am happy that they're distributing the Beagle. The Betas and F&S were close to $100 and the word over there is that the Cyclones will be close to under $150. At that price, if Toynami has anything to do with that then I'm all for it. The Beagle was going to be produced no matter what. They were pretty visible in all the japanese hobby shows even before their CAD came out and it was going to be their launching product for their Robot line, if there is a line. The only difference that Toynami made was probably the price. If you think about it, you can think Bandai. After all, they struck a deal with Bandai first to import their SOC, SIC and Megahouse stuff. So Toynami can afford to make deals with other companies that make Mospeada products. The only company they didnt deal with is CMs... thats probably because the products they produce were too close to the stuff they already had deals with... And I can't imagine Toynami bringing in the CMs Legioss/Beta when it was gonna compete with their own Beta for which they had already owed to the Alphas that they already sold. And the smaller CMs ride armor were too close in price point to have tangent to their Megahouse versions.

Like I said before though, as long as they just distribute it, I'll support Toynami, but leaving the whole production to them is just throwing away my money.

guys guys, just to check besides the crotch tearing up, anyone else had other problems, for mine, it's just the crotch cloth tearing up, but can be done with sewing.. not much problems..

But other issues? anyone else had other problems ?

the "stump" for lack of better words that locks in underneath the bike and attaches to the display tray which enables you to angle the bike ,is now loose so that it sways from either side in it,s upright position ,finding it hard to keep it in it,s upright position the slightest bump and it sways .And thats only after using it twice!! <_<

guys guys, just to check besides the crotch tearing up, anyone else had other problems, for mine, it's just the crotch cloth tearing up, but can be done with sewing.. not much problems..

But other issues? anyone else had other problems ?

The left white piece that connects the bike to the rider chest is beginning to split through the hinge area. :(

hi tober, i believe u mean this right ?

i expected this to happen... the moment i see the manual, cause it is very difficult to get the 3 tabs behind to sercure into the back of the chest armour.

the white connect is meant to be a accesseries not secure the armour to the bike or vice versa..

i have attached the pics for your reference..

if i am wrong.. pls let me know..

Hi troyness, any pics which i can see?

cause maybe i might face the same problem in the future.. hahah..

and it would help all of us to prevent problems from ahppening though..

post-1278-1233209887_thumb.jpg

Really? I thought those white parts click into those small indentures on Stick's chest. They click in and help hold the armor on to stick. If I'm wrong I stop connecting those pieces then. However I could of sworn I saw in the instructions to lock those into his chest.

hi tober, i believe u mean this right ?

i expected this to happen... the moment i see the manual, cause it is very difficult to get the 3 tabs behind to sercure into the back of the chest armour.

the white connect is meant to be a accesseries not secure the armour to the bike or vice versa..

i have attached the pics for your reference..

if i am wrong.. pls let me know..

Yep, the rider is attached via the 3 tabs at the back. The split is just from moving the piece back and forth during transformation. Transformed it about 4 or 5 times now.

Really? I thought those white parts click into those small indentures on Stick's chest. They click in and help hold the armor on to stick. If I'm wrong I stop connecting those pieces then. However I could of sworn I saw in the instructions to lock those into his chest.

No, you're right, the back attaches in its way and the white pieces help secure the front of the figure.

As a quick tip if your inserting the peg from the hip armor into the clear white circular hole on the leg don't force it. As it will cause the white clear plastic to have some stress marks. I put a little too much force on the peg and now the clear plastic hole has a small stress mark on it. No big thing, but be careful.

so now that the Beagle is out and members have them in their possession...

Is there an official website for their company listed on the box or the instructions?

Please post a link if there is.

I'm sure we're all gonna be interested in following any updated news of their current and future products

Thanks B))

so now that the Beagle is out and members have them in their possession...

Is there an official website for their company listed on the box or the instructions?

Please post a link if there is.

I'm sure we're all gonna be interested in following any updated news of their current and future products

Thanks B))

www.beagle-tokyo.com

I couldn't find anything there as far as the MOSPEADA goes. Basically they seem to suggest following Yacolog...

SuperHobo, since Save requested people not gum up his thread, I just wanted to point out something about one of your suggestions: 4. Possibly the flat grey parts could be painted silver?

I believe you are speaking of places like the engine? My understanding is most of those flat gray pieces are made of POM which is extremely difficult to paint. Hobbyists have done it, but it takes very specific mixes of paint. If you read Yaco's blog you'll see that he painted those areas silver like you suggest, but if you translate his Japanese, he says it was nearly impossible to get it to work right, and if I understand the crude translation right, he was worried about paint chipping and flaking in the long run. I'm sure Beagle could find an expensive industrial paint that will adhere to POM, but guaranteed it wouldn't be cheap and I don't think we want Beagle upping the price of an already very expensive toy ^_^

Even Yamato can't put paint applications on their POM parts, and indications show that they probably have a much higher production run of their pieces than Beagle is doing.

But I suppose it never hurts to suggest it, eh? ^_^

Vostok 7