Ride Armors, Legioss and Treads! Oh my!

EXO

Am I allowed to post tons of pics from photo bucket??? if not... check out this link for all the pictures i took of my Toynami Masterpiece Cyclone

Toynami MPC Cyclone Pics

If i get the okay, i can post them here too... but there's a lot... LOVE this toy!!!

great pics kirik now i dont have to post mine =) I absolutely love it and hope everybody does too.. As far as QC goes, i know people say the beagle version neck ball joint is really loose but on my toynami one its really solid and stays where i want nicely.. Im not sure if thats even the case but just wnated to throw that out there =)

Am I allowed to post tons of pics from photo bucket??? if not... check out this link for all the pictures i took of my Toynami Masterpiece Cyclone

Toynami MPC Cyclone Pics

If i get the okay, i can post them here too... but there's a lot... LOVE this toy!!!

Nice pics, thanks. :)

I don't mind the Toynami head sculpt as much as I thought I would - looks fine. I do prefer the darker and more opaque Beagle visor tho.

The front section of the bike in your last pics is mis-transformed. The ball joint sections sit further back in the cowlings which exposes the shocks.

Has anyone heard anything from Robotech.com? They haven't replied to any of my emails.

Nothing shipped yet.

Still listed as pre-order.

AND listed as out-of-stock.

Hm, looks like you guys are getting the same crap cloth material. Kirick, seeing that you've placed him on the riding pose, do you notice any pvc layer breakage or tearing at the crotch seams?

The fabric is exactly the same, any issues you saw with the Beagle you will see with the Toynami. The thing that changed were the heads. For you who got it, does the Toynami heads sit securely?

whoops...... i tried transforming it from ride armor mode to cyclone bike mode without looking at the instructions and had a hard time with the front section... gotta fix that!! maybe i'll take new pics... hehe

Jenius.... both the toynami heads fit snugly and secure..... no floppy heads on my version

The fabric is exactly the same, any issues you saw with the Beagle you will see with the Toynami. The thing that changed were the heads. For you who got it, does the Toynami heads sit securely?

I see. My Beagle heads seem to be sitting securely... the helmeted head can be turned left, right, up and down. And when I zoom him around in the armor mode, his head doesn't drop forward.

With the visor down and the ball angled backward you can make it look like he's just holding a helmet... but yeah, a headless helmet would be awesome. Rumor has it they're trying to figure out an appendix so we may see one in the future.

For the Cyclone Appendix 1; One armored Invid Scout, 2 headless Scott/Rand helmets, 2 sets of saddlebags, a fake campfire to scale with an led light inside like the one in the visor of the MPC VF-1s.

For Appendix 2; Lunk and Annie figures, Lancer and Rook's helmets and saddlebags, the machine gun Annie unloads in episode 2 and the big gun Lunk gets in episode 7.

(sorry I used RB names here)

Oh - and neck plugs for any figures released with a big holes in their gizzard's . . .

For the Cyclone Appendix 1; One armored Invid Scout, 2 headless Scott/Rand helmets, 2 sets of saddlebags, a fake campfire to scale with an led light inside like the one in the visor of the MPC VF-1s.

For Appendix 2; Lunk and Annie figures, Lancer and Rook's helmets and saddlebags, the machine gun Annie unloads in episode 2 and the big gun Lunk gets in episode 7.

(sorry I used RB names here)

Oh - and neck plugs for any figures released with a big holes in their gizzard's . . .

Jeez... For a second I thought this was inside information.

Just a heads up for anyone that is waiting on the Toynami Cyclone...

I always order any Robotech items I want from Twin Moons Anime's website of tmpanime.com. The guy who runs it, Tam, does a good job of responding if you send a question. When I recently emailed he said they're due in next week. Since he's located in the continental US, I would guess that this would apply to other places such as Robotech.Com. Hope this helps.

Well I finally broke down and bought the beagle ride armor, it got here just in time for valentines day! It's absolutely wonderful and amazing except for 2 things.

1.The right arm guard is kinda loose so the slightest nudge will move it out of place, not a real big deal.

2.The regular head is fine but the helmeted head just flops around in the neck socket, it's strong enough to hold it in but otherwise it's useless. I tightened the neck screw up alittle but that did nothing, what can I do to fix this problem?

Thanks for the fix idea RD Blade, that worked like a charm.

Edited by dizman

I was reading an old Japanese anime mag lastnight. This particular issue was devoted to Mospeada. On the back they showed an ad for the upcoming Gakken toys and along with the 1/35 Legioss and Gakken kits they showed an ad for a Perfect Change 1/10 Mospeada. Not a kit.

Was this an early prototype of what would eventually become the 1/8? It looked far more in proportion with nicer detailing.

Anyone know what this toy was?

I think the price was around 5000en

Edited by Alex

Gakken had lots of ideas that didn't come to fruition for Mospeada. Can you post a scan of the ad?

It was one of the mags that Beagle had in that display when they first announced the 1/10. The one with a full shot of Ray on the cover.

I don't have a scanner unfortunately.

But it DID have a price, Seemed ready to be released. More than just an abandoned idea.

Edited by Alex

Would it have been the Mospeada issue of the OUT anime magazine?

Have to check out my copy when I get home. I'm sure the title is "Anime-" something. It's definitely the copy shown in the Beagle display stand when they announced the 1/10. You can see the cover in one of the old Mw threads.

I also rememeber the price was 4980en and it was next to the 1/35 Legioss priced at 3980en.

The details were far beyond the 1/8 Gakken. It had a much thinner chest in armour mode, a black visor, hands that were more realistic with no holes for the gun, more detailed legs, a much more detailed crotch piece in armor mode and no visible/external hook up points for the suspension at the front of the bike.

There are also pics of the 1/12 kit next to it. Those were priced at around 1500en I think.

No way a kit would be more expensive than the 1/35 Legioss (right?). In which case, it seems we missed out on a superior Ride-armor and got the 1/8 in its place.

I've updated my Fuke review to include Houquet.

You mean Shinobu. ^_^

Great review, though - as always! I should have mine from Japan in 2 or 3 weeks. I'm fully expecting to do a lot of 'tweaking'...

THAT'S the one!

So what is with that ride-armor? I've never seen a kit that matches that in that scale. And it looks as if it came just within an inch of release.

Can't see an visible screw-holes indicitive of a "TOY" (though a prototype might not have any).

BTW, that's a great magazine. Tons of really great sketches, posters, line-art, character bios etc. And some really nice pics of the genesis of the mecha designs, the insane models some guy made of the Tread B, and nice little self portraits of the design team. And if I remember, a lot of info about the recording of the show, cast bios etc.

Edited by Alex

Looks like a prototype of what became the 1/8 toy to my eyes.

Which is quite disappointing. This supposed prototype looks to be far better than the 1/8. It even has complete and detailed verniers (an important and sadly neglected area on the 1/8.

Could it be that they thought this version would be too costly/delicate/impractical to mass-produce?