VF-25 1/100 transformable toy thread

David Hingtgen

I'm sorry, that thing doesn't look like a $50 toy. Maybe $30 region, but nothing more than that. Definitely a pass for me since $50 warrants PT or very close and some armor at that scale.

Yeah, for $50 let's get some PT at least. Otherwise it's glorified gashapon.

At least they should come with a display stand and a good selection of accessories (FAST Packs, missiles etc).

Perfect transformation may not necessarily be desirable at this scale. You need to remember that in toy design, especially at this scale and doubly especially with complex transforming toys there are a lot of trade-offs involved.

If you want line-art accuracy, a high level of articulation AND perfect transformation, then these ideals while desirable are not necessarily compatible with durability.

The more complex you make a toy, especially thre smaller the scale, the more potential there is for durability issues to arise.

Graham

I think the problem of the 1/60 looking chunky is that the torso is much shorter than the 1/100. If you notice the tips of the intakes on the 1/60 damn near touch the chest and the position of the hands in comparison to the knee caps. Where on the 1/100 it has a larger gap there and the hands sit higher in comparison. Other than that IMO it seems to be proportioned about the same. Perhaps it is a transformation error, or again a case of it being a prototype and not being able for the extension mechanism to work under the weight of the resin?

This is a valk that has grown on me also since seeing it in action in Frontier and I will have to watch both scales.

Mock up:

post-509-1220973125_thumb.jpg

(BTW, here in Hong Kong, 'Pork Chop', is slang for a fat ugly girl).

Graham

That's funny! One of my closest friends, who is a very fit, thin and attractive lesbian, has the nickname 'Porkchop'. :D

As for the 1/60...I don't even know if I'd call it 'chunky' since it's mostly the legs that are so disproportionately huge compared to the rest of the thing. Maybe it'll turn out by the end of the MF series that it's specialty is the 'flying neck scissors'.

At least they should come with a display stand and a good selection of accessories (FAST Packs, missiles etc).

Perfect transformation may not necessarily be desirable at this scale. You need to remember that in toy design, especially at this scale and doubly especially with complex transforming toys there are a lot of trade-offs involved.

If you want line-art accuracy, a high level of articulation AND perfect transformation, then these ideals while desirable are not necessarily compatible with durability.

The more complex you make a toy, especially thre smaller the scale, the more potential there is for durability issues to arise.

Graham

So any word on FAST packs or accessories? All the shots I've seen are just of the valkyrie all by itself.

• 2 months later...
admit it, you like 'em with a little junk in the trunk. laugh.gif

More cushion for the pushin'.

The Looser the Waste Band

The Deeper the Quicksand

Or so I have read!

I wanna Sink her with my Pink Torpedo!

She fits me like like a perfect Tuxedo!

DX 1:60!

DX 1: 60!

Talk about mud flaps

My Valkyire's got em!

Sorry...couldn't resist...I so love Spinal Tap. Would love it, if the next Macross focused on them singing to the Zendradi... Macross: Do You Remember Where We Left the Keys to the Hotel Room?

Pete

Ok from the Magazine scans posted in the VF-25F 1/60 topic, on page 33 are the steps required to partsform the VF-25 1/100.

1) Removal of landing gear

2) Removal of legs, attachment of an additional piece, reattachment of legs for gerwalk

3) Attachment of Arms (implying removal of the shield and arm pieces from the fighter)

Tadahh! Gerwalk mode! Next...

4) Removal of legs and head (seems like there is no need for an additional head piece, the head for battroid is stored in the normal area in fighter mode)

5) Transforming the body of the battroid, seems like there is a need to remove the nosecone and two other parts that I can't make out.

6) Attaching the crotch piece

6b) Reconfiguring the leg for fighter/battroid modes, reattaching the legs (i.e. removing the gerwalk piece, not shown)

7) Attaching the head

8) Replacing the tail fins.

And there you have it! Battroid!

Another site with the VF100s VF-25F... seems like more parts swapping is needed than I stated before!

https://hobbyworld.aoshima-bk.co.jp/chr/scr...10651&img=f

In addition to the previously mentioned, the head now has to be swapped, along with the shoulders and the arms and the nose piece. Heh... Hopefully the durability of this is good to make up for all the swapping!