Macross Frontier News Thread IV *Read 1st post*

azrael

Believe it's never been stated they wouldn't, just as much as it's never been stated they would. No mention = no second season, until we hear otherwise.

Ah, thank you for the information. It looks like its the exact opposite as "They're not dead till we see a body."

Basara Kenobi: Ughh

Sheryl Skywalker: Are you ok? What's wrong?

Basara Kenobi: I feel something terrible has happened, like thousands of voices cried out DECULCHA!!!!! and were suddenly silenced....you best continue with your training...

:ph34r:

:lol::ph34r:

And although technically rather well done, it is IMO rather ugly.

Graham

I think it looks awsome. other than the head and gunpod (not that they're bad, just not very "macrossy"). it looks cool in fighter mode, and I personaly love the batroid, (I think I just have a thing for super skinny mechs)

Edited by anime52k8

Aside from it being in a different line style than Shouji Kawamori usually uses...

aside from the Appleseed's briareos head...

the "it's not real" sinker is the stats text. How many Macross F VF's have that???

To answer that question, you also have to answer how all the other VFs are able to move, let alone fly.

The short answer is: anime magic. If it's used in the series, it's definitely available for fanfic stuff based off of the series.

The more I look at it, the more I think it's a Masamune Shirow piece of artwork. Not that he'd design something with so many straight edges or anything...

How does the turbine work in that single engined VF, it has to split in the middle for the battroid to work, and unless it has super-tiny turbines in each of those skinny legs it's not going to work.

I dunno, but I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with Macross F news. :)

How does the turbine work in that single engined VF, it has to split in the middle for the battroid to work, and unless it has super-tiny turbines in each of those skinny legs it's not going to work.

in theory, it would have 3 engines, 1 big short one in the back for fighter mode, and two skinny one's in each leg for batroid mode. now were have we seen a valk with super short fighter engines and batroid only leg engines? oh right, YF-21 :rolleyes:

So this is it. this series is going to end with just 25 episodes.

Taksraven

Probably.

If you look at the original series, all the episode titles were English words except for the last one. Frontier seems to be doing the same, at least on the surface.

Of course, they've been borrowing from the past and putting on twists of their own, so really, who knows what'll happen post ep 25.

Found this review online; to call it negative is a understatement.

http://sdf5x.blogspot.com/search/label/review

Weird, I just about to post that blog ^_^

However I found these comment right at some degree.

The characters also suffer from the fact that this show wants to be original Macross, or maybe they suffer from the fact that the viewers want it to be original Macross. Ozma, while not really being much like Roy Focker is forced into doing Roy Fokker-like things most episodes. Mihail and Klan are constantly compared to Max and Miria despite the fact that they are actually probably better characters than the original Macross versions of the two. Everyone is waiting for poor green-Valkyrie-piloting Luca to buy it like Kakizaki did despite the fact that he's nothing like Kakizaki at all -- mind you, he is a generic stock type of character like Kakizaki was, just a different type. Then there is Catherine Glass: the daughter of the president, miscellaneous government service girl for whatever situation you might need, ex-lover of Ozma, currently engaged to sleazy Leon. She happens to have both Misa's personality and appearance, but without any of Misa's charm, and I don't think anyone cares to know more about her because she's just fake Misa.

Weird, I just about to post that blog ^_^

However I found these comment right at some degree.

I actually agree with most of the comments in that blog *gasp*, they're also the reason that I wouldn't put Frontier on my list of favorite animations. Fan-service, loli characters, story isn't strong, characters aren't strong (except for a few of them). BUT, I don't dislike Frontier with as much gusto as he does XD

Wow...that's comedy gold, that is...raving about the Shadow Chronicles and putting down Frontier. :lol:

Reminds me of me as a very young child...you could put an excellent meal in front of me, but I'd say that a McDonald's hamburger was better.

Well, it's a blog called "Roboblog". that alone should'a given anyone a "heads-up, crap heading your way" warning. :lol:

Sheryl's panties are stolen by an alien squirrel. The entire school goes after them, and Sheryl throws on one of the mechanized flying suits to go after them herself. This eventually leads Sheryl to jump off the top of the building to get them back. She comes out of the flying suit and begins to fall, but is rescued by Alto in his suit while Pirates of the Carribean music plays. I wish I was making this all up.

So was I :lol:

Boy is that guy negative or what? Sure he's right on some points (like the one i quoted) and I do feel like this series is trying to be to modern stylish, but it's really a verry good anime. And I don't know what crack he's been using, but he's trying to convince everyone that it sucks, while it's only his own oppinion :S. Ooh well let him go back to watching robotech

Edited by whispo