Macross Frontier News Thread IV *Read 1st post*

azrael

Eeuh guys this kinda is the news thread, not the episode 23 discussion thread :p, quickly scatter before Azzie gets you!

Anyway thanks for the scans GGemini! Poor Michel ... even in death they use him for their cruel purposes of marketing.

Edited by whispo

That would rule so hard as long as it wasn't super revisionist-- the VF-1 should continue to look like the VF-1.

Doubtful. The VF-1 was enshrined on the top of the highschool as it was. If they did make design changes, I'd rather they go no further than the SW-XA Schneeblum.

No, no and no!

As much as I love the original series, I don't want them to repeat what's been done before.

IMO, there's no need to remake everything, just cus' it's a couple of decades old.

Graham

I'd rather they do it so they can have sole ownership of the animated story that started it all... B))

Edited by Zinjo

I update it....

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...7345&st=278

and...

other pics.

Minmay??????????????????????????

I am expecting Sheryl to sing from the bridge ala Minmay and Ranka to sing from the Vajra side as was hinted at in the original openning, only the two of them together (like Mylene and Basara) will have enough emotional power to stop the war.

Then Ranka and Brera will remain with the Vajra as "guardians" and Sheryl and Alto will ride off into the sunset. How? Well I expect the V-Virus will grow into fold quartz (unfortunately only a few are able to survive this transformation) similar to what Ranka has in her system.

All speculation of course, but that's all we have right now... ^_^

Crunchyroll is listing Frontier as licensed. Any news as to who that may be? Or did BV just now finally catch on with only 2 freakin' episodes left, bastards.

That would be really interesting. Did they circumvent HG? Will it be in BD format? w00ts. I'll buy it when its released, God willing HG doesn't come out with C&D fu.

Crunchyroll is listing Frontier as licensed. Any news as to who that may be? Or did BV just now finally catch on with only 2 freakin' episodes left, bastards.

Frak No! Not right now! Arghhhhhhhh! This is potentially terrible news!

Can't whowever 'they' are wait until after the show is finished and all 25 episodes have been fansubbed first.

I don't want the fansubbers to drop Frontier because it's been licenced and then we have to wait who knows how long (a couple of years maybe!), to see the last couple of episodes subbed (or yuk, dubbed) in English in an official release.

While of course I'm happy for an official release outside of Japan, we are so close to the end now, I want eps 24 and 25 fansubbed within days of their airing on Japanese TV.

Graham

Frak No! That is potentially terrible news!

Can't whowever 'they' are wait until after the show is finished and all 25 episodes have been fansubbed first.

I don't want the fansubbers to drop Frontier because it's been licenced and then we have to wait who knows how long to see the last couple of episodes subbed (or yuk, dubbed) in English in the official release.

While of course I'm happy for an official release outside of Japan, we are so close to the end now, I want eps 24 and 25 fansubbed.

Graham

I don't think you have to worry, with only 2 eps left. Translated into time, its less than 2 weeks. They'll find themselves released...

And has it been confirmed anywhere else? Or did CR state it in error?

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

Well I don't see it listed on Animesuki in their anime licenced database. They're usually quite prompt.

And what the hell is this Crunchyroll any way? Visited their site and it doesn't make much sense and from other sites I see that it's supposed to be a online distributor? Whatever that is.

Checked the series around the site some more and they had DYRL listed as licenced as well. First I've ever heard of it.

Edited by Strumvogel

Well I don't see it listed on Animesuki in their anime licenced database. They're usually quite prompt.

And what the hell is this Crunchyroll any way? Visited their site and it doesn't make much sense and from other sites I see that it's supposed to be a online distributor? Whatever that is.

A streamming site like Youtube that is dedicated to anime and Japanese shows but it seems to me productions like Gonzo has subbed versions of Blassreiter on that site.

So I think this licensing may be from Japan not state side.

Even I was surprised that Go-onger was licensed.

Edited by RedWolf

Frak No! Not right now! Arghhhhhhhh! This is potentially terrible news!

I don't want the fansubbers to drop Frontier because it's been licenced and then we have to wait who knows how long (a couple of years maybe!), to see the last couple of episodes subbed (or yuk, dubbed) in English in an official release.

While of course I'm happy for an official release outside of Japan, we are so close to the end now, I want eps 24 and 25 fansubbed within days of their airing on Japanese TV.

Graham

Yeah, me too: Shinsen always dropped their subs if a show get licensed, so please, let Shinsen finished their jobs first!

BTW, I do doubt that news is truth, since even now, no major sites (like ANN) reports anything regarding the license.

Edited by Sulendil Ang

A streamming site like Youtube that is dedicated to anime and Japanese shows but it seems to me productions like Gonzo has subbed versions of Blassreiter on that site.

So I think this licensing may be from Japan not state side.

Even I was surprised that Go-onger was licensed.

Engine Sentai Go-Onger has been licensed as Power Rangers: RPM.

No one is reporting it right now. No press release has been issued about it. This could be a Japanese request to Crunchyroll, not a US company.

No one is reporting it right now. No press release has been issued about it. This could be a Japanese request to Crunchyroll, not a US company.

It probably was.

Considering that Crunchyroll is a for-profit site that makes much of its revenue by providing illegal fansubs for viewing, I'm surprised more companies don't get on their case. Its probably not an indicator that it's been licensed.

Last thing I noticed they took down was the RE: Cutie Honey OVA, which hasn't been officially announced by anyone, but has been rumored as a license for a while. Mayhaps we should e-mail them to find out where the c&d they got came from.

I'm hoping Funi.

In Mac7: a 14-year-old Ozma rocking out at a Fire Bomber concert.

In SDFM: 1. Mao onboard the Macross, saying, "One day, I'll be a great scientist! And then I can find some chick to give my earrings to!"

2. Roy saying, "Man, if they ever make a clone of me, I want him to be named 'Aegis'."

3. Claudia talking about her cousin Edgar, who died recently from an allergic reaction to plaster after breaking his leg.

In DYRL: A new epilogue showing some movie critic (circa 2031) complaining that the filmmakers couldn't even get the basic facts of recent history straight.

Can anyone clairify(sp) this because I'm confused. :huh::blink:

M7. Ozma is Fire Bomber fan.

SDF Macross

1. Blu-Ray version of Macross Zero had the Sheryl's earring inserted in one scene. Who is Sheryl's mom? And why does Ozma think it may be destiny that Ranka is playing Mao in the Bird Human movie.

2. After being glassed Earth started mass cloning for the survival of the human race for several years. The protagonist of Macross VFX-2 is Aegis Focker who is an ace pilot and also blond like Roy.

3. Edgar La Salle, Shin Kudo's backseat radar guy buddy, has the same last name as Claudia La Salle, Roy's girlfriend.

Edited by RedWolf

M7. Ozma is Fire Bomber fan.

SDF Macross

1. Blu-Ray version of Macross Zero had the Sheryl's earring inserted in one scene. Who is Sheryl's mom? And why does Ozma think it may be destiny that Ranka is playing Mao in the Bird Human movie.

2. After being glassed Earth started mass cloning for the survival of the human race for several years. The protagonist of Macross VFX-2 is Aegis Focker who is an ace pilot and also blond like Roy.

3. Edgar La Salle, Shin Kudo's backseat radar guy buddy, has the same last name as Claudia La Salle, Roy's girlfriend.

1. I don't recall "destiny" being the word he used. I'd have to watch it again, but I am pretty sure what Ozma is talking about there is a strange coincidence, as Mao may have been the team leader of the project Ranka's mother was working on.

2. How could they clone Roy, he was long since dead at that point.

3. Probably related, but we just don't know.

Erm...you DO realize I was joking, don't you?

Since the earrings were added to Macross Zero, someone asked what Kawamori was going to change when I other series came out on Blu-Ray...so I obligied with an answer.

Well pretty much superficially the thing that happened in DYRL did not happen on Macross TV.

In the real world yes but if we watch the Minmay Video episode of Macross 7 the in universe version of Macross has differences with our DYRL.

Max and Millia's wedding is shown.

In DYRL Earth got glassed before the Macross could come back while in the Macross TV the Macross returned the UN geovernment are dicks then they got blasted to oblivion by Bodolzaa.

Also in DYRL men and women are fighting while in TV they were just segregated.

Though the Meltran fleet designs in DYRL did become canon in Macross 7 Encore: Fleet of the Strongest women.

Perhaps point of the movie to show that there more fortresses other than Bodozaa's

Fulbtzs-Berrentzs Class.

To make aware the public not to be complacent even in a time of peace.

There are still 2000+ Zentradi main fleets out there.

1. I don't recall "destiny" being the word he used. I'd have to watch it again, but I am pretty sure what Ozma is talking about there is a strange coincidence, as Mao may have been the team leader of the project Ranka's mother was working on.

ditto to that statement. From the sub I remember he basically said "how ironic" that she played Dr. Mao. As in just a wild coincidence. Never saw anything about it being "Destiny"