Macross Frontier News Thread IV *Read 1st post*

azrael

I think that culmination of Grace's plan will occur towards the end of this episode and then Frontier will come in and foul it all up, whether that plan is destroy the Varja through Ranka or somehow give them an externally communicative consciousness is yet to be seen, but right now I am betting on her wanting to destroy them, and Ranka with SMS and Frontier instead granting them with a new means of communicating and therefore coexisting with humanity. But then again, I could be wrong.

I think that culmination of Grace's plan will occur towards the end of this episode and then Frontier will come in and foul it all up, whether that plan is destroy the Varja through Ranka or somehow give them an externally communicative consciousness is yet to be seen, but right now I am betting on her wanting to destroy them, and Ranka with SMS and Frontier instead granting them with a new means of communicating and therefore coexisting with humanity. But then again, I could be wrong.

Grace's goal isn't simply destroying the Vajra, that much is certain. Whatever her grand scheme is though, it certainly seems to include sacrificing them as part of the means to reaching that goal. As much could be deduced from last episode's dialouge. Since Grace seems to need Ranka as well to carry out her plan, The Quarter (

who it says will discover the shadow of Grace's ambition in the events that led up to the 117th research fleet's destruction

) seems like the most likely candidate to foul up her plans. Leon's hope of fouling it up seems be by manipulating Alto into killing Ranka.

Why on earth do Alto still wear SMS uniform? And do him and Luca always take their flight suit home after work? Because it doesn't make any sense that both of them in ep 23 are wearing SMS flight suits and helmets if the whole ship was gone. Even Gamrin used a cannon Fodder suit when piloting the vf11.

Why on earth do Alto still wear SMS uniform? And do him and Luca always take their flight suit home after work? Because it doesn't make any sense that both of them in ep 23 are wearing SMS flight suits and helmets if the whole ship was gone. Even Gamrin used a cannon Fodder suit when piloting the vf11.

Well, the people who ran off with the Quarter are pirates. Alto & company are the real SMS. After all, it's Bilrer's company, not Wilder's or Ozma's. And of course, SMS was merged with NUNS, but possibly are still a unit within NUNS, rather than handing out NUNS patches to everyone.

That's the way I figured it, anyway. Of course, it might just be that they're too lazy to fiddle with the artwork, but how much does it really matter?

Well, the people who ran off with the Quarter are pirates. Alto & company are the real SMS. After all, it's Bilrer's company, not Wilder's or Ozma's. And of course, SMS was merged with NUNS, but possibly are still a unit within NUNS, rather than handing out NUNS patches to everyone.

That's the way I figured it, anyway. Of course, it might just be that they're too lazy to fiddle with the artwork, but how much does it really matter?

I know, I Know, I'm nitpicking, but Luca has a NUNS uniform in ep.23, and I was a bit annoyed by the fact that to let the "hero" stand out they had to leave him with his old clothes instead of giving him NUNS flight suit and helmet.

Found this review online; to call it negative is a understatement.

http://sdf5x.blogspot.com/search/label/review

You know... I still like Robotech (grew up with it... and I liked Shadow Chronicles too...). But I like Macross so much right now (and Frontier too... despite the loli-, fan service, comedy, etc.etc.) that I don't give a damn about it and won't even bother reading it...

Doesn't make any sense to have someone criticizing the non-drama elements of the show this far (with only 2 episodes to go!!!)... when things are now so grim and serious...

Macross Official Website updated the pics for episode 24:

NOTE: Don't open if you don't wanna be spoiled. :mellow:

Thanx man... Wow...

Grace actually looks pissed/annoyed to me!!!

That's a radical change from previous episodes... :ph34r:

I hope whatever causes that makes her frustation even bigger later, hehehe... ^_^

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Found this review online; to call it negative is a understatement.

http://sdf5x.blogspot.com/search/label/review

It seems that guy is thinking that Macross Frontier is a REMAKE of SDF Macross which obviously is not the case. He does not understand that Macross Frontier is rather an HOMMAGE to the whole Macross universe. At least, he envoyed Macross 7. ^_^

I bet if the same Frontier were done by HG and released as "robof*ck" he would be saying: "OMG its tha best show evar!!!!"

I don't want to defend him but he wrote this :

[...]This is not my Macross, and I've watched them all, and enjoyed them all up until now. I don't know who this show is supposed to be for, because no one who appreciates Macross for the reasons I appreciate it could ever be a fan of this show. Maybe you don't agree with me -- many people don't, and that's fine. I think the end-all be-all of anime is Escaflowne and Macross 7, for cripes sake. The thing is, I've been around a while and I've watched a lot of mecha shows, and given my experience with the genre I know that this is shameless and without creative thought, and that those things are everything that the original Macross was not about.''

Link : http://sdf5x.blogspot.com/search/label/review

So I don't think Captain JLS is a Macross hater. After reading his review, I rather think he does not understand at all the spirit of Macross Frontier.

Edited by Macross007

I don't want to defend him but he wrote this :

[...]This is not my Macross, and I've watched them all, and enjoyed them all up until now. I don't know who this show is supposed to be for, because no one who appreciates Macross for the reasons I appreciate it could ever be a fan of this show. Maybe you don't agree with me -- many people don't, and that's fine. I think the end-all be-all of anime is Escaflowne and Macross 7, for cripes sake. The thing is, I've been around a while and I've watched a lot of mecha shows, and given my experience with the genre I know that this is shameless and without creative thought, and that those things are everything that the original Macross was not about.''

Link : http://sdf5x.blogspot.com/search/label/review

So I don't think Captain JLS is a Macross hater. After reading his review, I rather think he does not understand at all the spirit of Macross Frontier.

Actually that comment makes me think that this guy may be stuck in the 90s... :rolleyes:

Man... I may be even older than him, and I still do like new stuff like Frontier a lot...

I love the original Macross... But lets face it...

Things change...

Embrace change... ^_^

Actually that comment makes me think that this guy may be stuck in the 90s... :rolleyes:

Man... I may be even older than him, and I still do like new stuff like Frontier a lot...

I love the original Macross... But lets face it...

Things change...

Embrace change... ^_^

Well said. :)

Let him be, there will always be haters. Haters tend to write this stuff because its controversial and because it gives them more atention. He doesnt the like the series, lots of others do, it's his problem.

I wonder what would happen if we drop this link at Animesuki & Random Curiosity? :ph34r: Maybe he'd got A LOT of Attention from the people over there. :) j/k :D

But, seriously Captain JLS does seem to have some good points, but at this point in time I don't really care, since the series is almost over. Plus everybody is entitled to their own opinions. :)

Edited by grss1982

but at this point in time I don't really care, since the series is almost over.

NNNNOOOOOO!!!! *sob*, i know, i know, this day was eventually gonna come, but knowing doesn't make it easier. *sob*. I mean, what else am i gonna do during my office hours when this is all over?

ummm... work?

Shhhhh!!! Shut up, you!

Edited by dreamweaver13

I would not drop links. That blog has very few comments as is. Dropping links = more attention than maybe it would have otherwise gotten.

I don't know what is up with the constant Robotech/Macross stuff. Having grown up on neither and only having seen most of Zero, I'm enjoying MacF (mostly for not being Zero and clunkily paced).

That's the point I think. Most of you guys seem to like it. Me as the newb, LOVES it. The marketing for it worked fine for me. I like the designs. I LOVE the music. I love the mix of comedy and drama. Sometimes the fanservice annoys me, but it's a staple of anime so I just shrug and focus on the things I like.

It's sad when entrenched fans can't unstick themselves from the past. It means they will never find a show that ever matches their first love.

As for me, I found a new interesting fandom (intelligent to boot) to poke at.

Their loss.

Edited by s-girl

I would not drop links. That blog has very few comments as is. Dropping links = more attention than maybe it would have otherwise gotten.

I don't know what is up with the constant Robotech/Macross stuff. Having grown up on neither and only having seen most of Zero, I'm enjoying MacF (mostly for not being Zero and clunkily paced).

That's the point I think. Most of you guys seem to like it. Me as the newb, LOVES it. The marketing for it worked fine for me. I like the designs. I LOVE the music. I love the mix of comedy and drama. Sometimes the fanservice annoys me, but it's a staple of anime so I just shrug and focus on the things I like.

It's sad when entrenched fans can't unstick themselves from the past. It means they will never find a show that ever matches their first love.

Their loss.

And that's a very good point...Macross F seems to have brought in a lot of new people, who are then going back and checking out the old Macross titles, which is something that really didn't seem to happen with Zero.

Of course, I love Frontier dearly, but I never met a Macross I didn't like (although I don't adore all of them). But even if the show were as crappy as all git out (which it's not), it's raising Macross awareness among a lot of people, and most of them seem quite cool.

As long as no equivalent to the obnoxious "Gundam Wing pwns U.C. Gundam" people pops up, it's all beneficial to Macross. Which is a good thing, right?

Their loss.

Interesting point. :) I for one after seeing the first few episodes of Macross Frontier, decided to watch SDFM, which I never got around to watching, because Robotech was the only Macross-related show that was ever shown here in the Philippines back when I was a little kid. <_< Also just finished last month re-watching DYRL, which was AWESOME. :D

NNNNOOOOOO!!!! *sob*, i know, i know, this day was eventually gonna come, but knowing doesn't make it easier. *sob*. I mean, what else am i gonna do during my office hours when this is all over?

ummm... work?

Shhhhh!!! Shut up, you!

Re-watch every Macross show, until the 50th Anniversary of Macross? :)

Their loss.

Now THAT'S the perspective that the macross franchise needs. well said. :)

Re-watch every Macross show, until the 50th Anniversary of Macross? :)

would be pretty hard to do that in the office. at least i can get away with posting on MW, coz i can pretend i'm typing some complex report. :D

Don't feel too bad, s-girl. There's still quite a few of us "old school" fans that enjoy the new Macross and the very first series. Frontier has definitely become my favorite of the Macross sequels. Only the original TV series and DYRL beat it.

The only Macross title I never really cared for (mainly because it was too long and far too implausible) was Mac 7. The music was good (if you got the chance to listen to it "after" after the fact). The plot basis and premise of 7 is interesting, it's execution really failed to capture my appreciation. It had two separate stories which worked independently, however would have been best produced separately.

As for the Frontier finale, I am expecting it center around the PC as all the Macross shows invariably do. It is entirely possible that Grace's ultimate goal is to wipe out the Vajra to gain access to a PC archive on their homeworld. The Frontier was the bait and sacrificial lamb for the operation. The only puzzle yet to be fleshed out is how Galaxy fits into it all and who's side are they on?

I don't whether to laugh or cry seeing Alto leading a bunch of Kakizakis.

Pretty grim omen if u ask me...

The saddest/most shocking thing will be watching Alto see most (if not all) his wingmen die without being able to help them... He is gonna end up like Ozma...

I just hope Klan and Nene live... (Klan at least).

ummm... work?

Shhhhh!!! Shut up, you!

Mmmh... Try watching Orguss or other similar series, hehehe...

Or write fan-fic based on Frontier, hehehehe (even better!!!).

I have to wonder if Alto staying behind may have been part of a plan from Ozma and Cathy. He is an actor after all. Just a thought. I kind of doubt it myself, but I still wanted to add speculation.

That would explain a lot and could be a very interesting twist... Me like it!!! ^_^

Thanx man... Wow...

Grace actually looks pissed/annoyed to me!!!

That's a radical change from previous episodes... :ph34r:

I hope whatever causes that makes her frustation despairs and nightmares even bigger later, hehehe... ^_^

there. that would be more interesting, wouldn't it? :lol:

Don't feel too bad, s-girl. There's still quite a few of us "old school" fans that enjoy the new Macross and the very first series. Frontier has definitely become my favorite of the Macross sequels. Only the original TV series and DYRL beat it.

count me in. actually for me, only DYRL is more beloved than Frontier. even then it's not a fair comparison since one is an OVA, a format which lends itself better for more cohesive storytelling and measured pacing, while the other is a series that provides more room for development albeit potentially at the expense of some uneveness.

i love Frontier regardless of its foibles, and it's special for me. it's the first Macross series (heck, any anime for that matter) that i've followed from the first whispers in development, to watching the episodes weekly, and lately even in real time, despite the late hour airing, then to actually participate in a forum with a bunch of interesting people after yearrrrs of lurking.

and the music... it's right up there with GitS.

if anything, Sheryl finally got me over Minmei.