Yamato 1/60 VF-1A/D/J/S v2.0

Dante74

From my understanding, it is ONLY the VF-1S ROY which has faulty shoulders due to wrongly inserted pins, and it's only 1 out of 5 figures at best. All other v2 valks are perfectly fine.

Sounds like the issue has been resolved.

If you look at my close-ups from my Hikaru 1J several pages back, the burr side of the pin is on opposite sides and i think we concluded previously that the burr side of the pin facing whatever direction wasn't the problem because people with broken shoulders had them pointing in various directions... there was no common bond. My 1J and 1S are both perfectly fine still but I haven't handled them too much... too many other new toys have been coming out.

I'm getting all my VF-1s 1/60 v.2 with Super and Strike parts anyways. The whole set is too good a deal to pass on the super and strike parts just for the jest.

And...I hope to take those pictures tomorrow because now I'm tired from eating, drinking and resting all throughout Christmas :)

Pete

Betcha I can tell you why. Macross fans are sick of DYRL 1A's. They should have started with the TV valks, just like some of us here keep saying.

i totally agree! here's what i posted in the max vf-1s thread, pasted it here cos i think its totally relevant :)

after quite some thought, i finally decided i wont be getting this max vf-1s.

(damn... thinking so much about it even though its still months before its release)

reason is that i only want roy to bear the skull markings (and strike canon) in my vf-1 collection...

this would give him the awesomeness and respect he deserves.

for hikaru and max, they already have very excellent representations of them in their respective 1J valks.

for hikaru certainly GBP armor,

and i just cant justify getting duplicate roy colour schemes with just a different blue/red/yellow lining...

with the money we are paying for these valks, it would make more sense to me to get valks in diff colors,

say like vf-1d orange, max vf-1j blue, miria vf-1j red, max 1a white/blue, kakizaki 1a white/green, CF 1a brown, perhaps stealth 1j, dark birds 1a *fingers crossed*

i already have roy's S&S vf-1s, and hikaru's super vf-1j

i'll certainly get the vf-1d. bring on the TV valks yamato!

*hopes canon fodder brownie wont be an exclusive too this time round*

hence, the vf-1s max will have no part in my collection

js my 2 cents

all that talk about the crummy DX pilot fig made me play around with the new 1/60 Yamato pilot figure (Hikky 1J)... i discovered that you can actually twist the head left or right... it's not "head articulation" by any stretch of the imagination but its pretty cool when the valk is in Fighter or Gerwalk esp. and in an angled view and the pilot fig can look straight at you. :D

post-8437-1230450749_thumb.jpg

Edited by m0n5t3r

Well my start with the v.2ooz is gonna be a blinder.

1 x VF-1S Hikaru + Strike FP pack.

1 x Strike FP pack

1 x TV Super FP pack

Then without a doubt i'll be getting the VF-1D and then Max 1S. Wow!

Hope the CF's will be next, then a 1J Hikaru GBP-1S combo.

When are we getting Max and Millia 1J Supers???

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

i had a closer look at my vf-1j and vf-1s roy pilots, the TV type pilot (hikaru 1j type) has the neck swivel, but the DYRL type pilot (roy 1s type) definitely doesnt!!

All the more reason for me to concentrate on the TV valks! even though i may probably still impulsively get the vf-1s hikaru at the end of the day

all that talk about the crummy DX pilot fig made me play around with the new 1/60 Yamato pilot figure (Hikky 1J)... i discovered that you can actually twist the head left or right... it's not "head articulation" by any stretch of the imagination but its pretty cool when the valk is in Fighter or Gerwalk esp. and in an angled view and the pilot fig can look straight at you. :D

Heh.....Very cool. I'll have to try that out with one of mine.

^_^

with all these mights and maybes, i'm so glad i skipped on these.

i'll wait to purchase these when complaints aren't pooring in from around the globe.

the 1A being on sale at HLJ is hilarious!

valkyrie toys are so plentiful that no one is going to settle for a subpar version of anything, completest or otherwise.

people finally started voicing their opinions with their wallets, i'm kind of stoked to say the least.

with all these mights and maybes, i'm so glad i skipped on these.

i'll wait to purchase these when complaints aren't pooring in from around the globe.

the 1A being on sale at HLJ is hilarious!

valkyrie toys are so plentiful that no one is going to settle for a subpar version of anything, completest or otherwise.

people finally started voicing their opinions with their wallets, i'm kind of stoked to say the least.

well, i for one am very glad i did not skip my vf-1s and vf-1j... ok you can keep on waiting until the complaints stop, and i'll keep on playing with my valks until their shoulders pop off :lol:

Picture019.jpg

Well, for me, so far all my valks are ok, but even with the reported breakage, still doesnt bother me, as I usualy just display them in the shelf.

nice pic! the VF-1J is indeed slick without those FPs:)

i've had my Hikaru 1s for more than a week now, and i have no issues with it. ^_^

it passed my relatively rough handling & flail testing with & without the FP's.

relatively, meaning the kind of abuse you'd give a $20 Hasbro/TakaraTomy. more or less.

the said test involved things like picking up the valk by the back FP's & shaking, transforming w/ the FP's & shaking, transforming the valk unsupported, dangling by 1 leg, dangling by 1 arm, and so on.

that's the kind of abuse i wouldn't dare on the 1/48 :lol:

i'm seriously considering getting the 1a next.

it passed my relatively rough handling & flail testing with & without the FP's.

relatively, meaning the kind of abuse you'd give a $20 Hasbro/TakaraTomy. more or less.

the said test involved things like picking up the valk by the back FP's & shaking, transforming w/ the FP's & shaking, transforming the valk unsupported, dangling by 1 leg, dangling by 1 arm, and so on.

that's the kind of abuse i wouldn't dare on the 1/48

The toy in general is highly sturdy and very durable. The true test is to test out the shoulder hinges under stress. From what you did, nothing would really break. You have to pose the shoulders a lot, move the shoulder hinge in and out, see if there are any cracks, if there aren't, the problem might be solved.

There are breakages no matter where the pin is facing, so I really don't know, the only viable solution I can think of is to mold the hinges out of POM and be done with it.

The toy in general is highly sturdy and very durable. The true test is to test out the shoulder hinges under stress. From what you did, nothing would really break. You have to pose the shoulders a lot, move the shoulder hinge in and out, see if there are any cracks, if there aren't, the problem might be solved.

There are breakages no matter where the pin is facing, so I really don't know, the only viable solution I can think of is to mold the hinges out of POM and be done with it.

Is there any confirmation about the shoulder hinges material being used on 1J and Hikaru 1s are different than the Roy's 1S?

So far no one report any shoulder hinges problem on the 1j yet, right?

I am thinking to get a VF-1J soon... :unsure:

Is there any confirmation about the shoulder hinges material being used on 1J and Hikaru 1s are different than the Roy's 1S?

So far no one report any shoulder hinges problem on the 1j yet, right?

I am thinking to get a VF-1J soon...

No confirmation, just me staring very closely at pics of the 1J shoulder area on the internet. The more I look at it, the more I think the 1J shoulders are POM, it is a faint difference but depending on the lighting, you can see that the white plastic used on an area, such as the chestplate or wings, is different from the ones used on the shoulder hinges and hands. No problems at all reported with the 1J.

Also, on Yamato's blog a while back, they mentioned how the factory had sent one of the samples to review, and it was originally grey, instead of bright white. If I read right, Yamato did not want grey, and wanted bright white all along, and that is why we have a bright white 1J. Works for me, I tend to like grey more, but the v2 1/60 1J looks wonderful as is.

on the basis of the joint being a different material from the rest of the valk, i'd say yes.

the shoulder hinges on my Hikaru 1s are definitely not ABS.

it looks & feels a lot like the YF 21's yellow head spike to me. it could be POM.

on the basis of the joint being a different material from the rest of the valk, i'd say yes.

it looks & feels a lot like the YF 21's yellow head spike to me. it could be POM.

Not sure what the material is called, but it appears to be the same stuff that's used on the connector pieces on the fast pack accessories. It's a plastic with some flexibility to it and a bit of softness, but definitely not PVC. This being my first Yamato Valk purchase, I was very leery given the past problems of breakage that Yamato's had in what seems like all their transforming toys, but I've been very pleasantly surprised at the durability of the figure. Saying that, I'm a collector who is used to handling figures somewhat delicately. I never force a movement, and if something seems like it's not right, I go looking at the manual first.

Anyway, mine seems just fine and unlikely to break.

just got my VF-1S roy , quite happy with the toy

but it took me 30 mins or so to get the centre bar to latched properly into the nose cone :blink:

and it took me 15 mins to unlatched it (it came off as an accident)

and after 1 transformation , realised somehow I have chipped off one circular spot of paint on the right tail fin

amazingly it was not a scratch , the paint simply flaked off, had to use a black marker to make up the spot

first time I encountered such mishap on my yamatoes :wacko:

and it took me 15 mins to unlatched it (it came off as an accident)

1-angle the swing bar(once you pull back on it, it will angle out, you can do this by pulling on the backplate, there is a detent which you will definitely feel get the bar into place)

2-rotate both legs forward simultaneously

3-push the hip bar up and out of the nose assembly.

I hope it is POM

Not sure what the material is called, but it appears to be the same stuff that's used on the connector pieces on the fast pack accessories. It's a plastic with some flexibility to it and a bit of softness, but definitely not PVC.

I am actually trying to determine whether or not the hinges on the newer valkyries from the 1J onward are using ABS or POM. Most of the toy is comprised of ABS, for example the chestplate, wings, lower arm, et al. The TV hands are made of POM, but the hinges may now be made out of POM too, but I don't know for sure. If it feels very rigid, compared to a piece like the wing, it might be POM. The Hikaru 1S is molded in a very light grey, if the hinge is brighter, that piece might be POM. POM tends to be a bit brighter than ABS. In the latest 1J pics I saw last night, the hinge definitely looked brighter than the bright white ABS. The bright white ABS had a warm tint, while the hinge was almost ultraviolent white. Neither were painted.

I am actually trying to determine whether or not the hinges on the newer valkyries from the 1J onward are using ABS or POM. Most of the toy is comprised of ABS, for example the chestplate, wings, lower arm, et al. The TV hands are made of POM, but the hinges may now be made out of POM too, but I don't know for sure. If it feels very rigid, compared to a piece like the wing, it might be POM. The Hikaru 1S is molded in a very light grey, if the hinge is brighter, that piece might be POM. POM tends to be a bit brighter than ABS. In the latest 1J pics I saw last night, the hinge definitely looked brighter than the bright white ABS. The bright white ABS had a warm tint, while the hinge was almost ultraviolent white. Neither were painted.

It's definitely the same material as the fingers on the hands, so it must be POM then. All I can tell you is it had no trouble taking a bit of stress while transforming. The VF-1J I have is all pure white on all the bits and pieces, so you can't tell by color. But by feel, there is a marked difference between it and the ABS parts.

SDK, i am sure the 1j shoulder hinges material for my Roy and Hikaru are the same. They are definitely not ABS, and i am quite sure it is the same material used for the fast packs. they have good flexibility and will not break so easily.

Anyway, i thought we were already agreed that the shoulder hinge crack was due to the screw going in the wrong way???

Its nothing to do with the material at all.

i highly doubt yamato will change the material. it may very well have already been POM in the first place, just the screw going in the wrong way caused all those reported breakages.

Do yourself a favor and get the vf-1j... i am sure you will enjoy it ^_^