Macross Frontier Episode 17 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 17 Rating  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 17 Rating

• Positive (I want my Pinapple Salad!!!!!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (You had your pinapple salad 26 years ago and you didn't like it)

We should really have a thread dedicated to Macross food.

From pineapple to seven colored carrots, tuna heads to steaks, dimsum to hotdogs, cow-po icecreams to bitter Valkyrie cookies.

Not to mention bento boxes and bento decorations.

Oh yeah drinks too. Beer, colas, juice and those teas in Hermes cups rich guys like Bilrer drink.

That's one HUGE Cell Phone.

:ph34r:

Is Grace a member of M.I.B.?

:blink:

That's one HUGE Cell Phone.

I think the top line has to be spoiler tagged too. ^_^

So does this make Ozma GAR-rest anime char to date since Kamina? (cuz he survived)

DEFINITELY!!!! BTW.....that's statement is quite ironic since Ozma's V.A.

is also the same one voicing Kamina.

B))

F5 F5 F5 :p:lol:

FV

Here you GO: 156z3us.gif

:lol:

Let me go get my gundpod :ph34r: ...

vh6p77.jpg

Or Better YET USE NUKES.

We should really have a thread dedicated to Macross food.

From pineapple to seven colored carrots, tuna heads to steaks, dimsum to hotdogs, cow-po icecreams to bitter Valkyrie cookies.

Not to mention bento boxes and bento decorations.

Oh yeah drinks too. Beer, colas, juice and those teas in Hermes cups rich guys like Bilrer drink.

Don't forget the cryptic "strawberry pie" that Sheryl mentions in the first episode :p

I liked the new version of the SMS theme. Mihail is lucky that Klan Klan didn't jump up and start munching on his head. It was funny that she was adjusting her hair and

her eyebrows when Mihail arrived.

Strike packs, the VF-25s will need. Either that or singing lessons...

Hmm, Vajra seems to be developing an AT Field to counter the nukes, luckily Ozma know that a progressive knife can cut through it

I like how Ozma escaped death several times, ambushed by Brera, pulling Mwu to safe Quarter. I quess it took the combination of pineapple cake and Fire Bomber to make one invincible. Darn, I wish they show all the fighting with Try Again as the BGM.

Bomba....(yeah, I finally said it..)

Hmm, Vajra seems to be developing an AT Field to counter the nukes, luckily Ozma know that a progressive knife can cut through it

I like how Ozma escaped death several times, ambushed by Brera, pulling Mwu to safe Quarter. I quess it took the combination of pineapple cake and Fire Bomber to make one invincible. Darn, I wish they show all the fighting with Try Again as the BGM.

Bomba....(yeah, I finally said it..)

Poor Kinryu, all he needed besides Fire Bomber was pineapple

cake

He should have asked Sally and Miho to make him one.

Is it safe to say that pilots who listen to Fire Bomber are bad ass?

Edited by RedWolf

LOL, the text is from Window's registry file.

Excellent episode! ^_^ lots and lots of DYRL? and SDFM homages!

It was just me or Ranka had a Mikimoto style vibe on the scene were Alto is in her room?

Something about this episode made me revisit something. We all know how Grace met Leon in her manly form. In this episode, she switches back to her female form, presumably without much modification because she's wearing the same clothes. (There are cuts here, so it's hard to tell exactly what happened.)

This makes me think that Grace doesn't have multiple bodies, but transforms the same one. After we saw the thing she did with her tentacle arm, I wouldn't be at all surprised.

This is something I want to look at more closely, once the subs come out. :)

Edited by DeeBot

I'm listening to Fire Bomber Lets Fire right now.. Planet Dance just finished. If you haven't been reading spoilers tags that might seem random.

Any chance of some gifs of the VF-25S from this episode? I'm looking for new avatar possibilities, and I always liked Ozma's 25 the most

especially now that we finally got to see it animated without armor

It is official. To reiterate what Sumdumgai just said

Pineapple Cake is the antithesis of Pineapple Salad, eat the cake if the salad is near you and you may yet survive. Fire Bomber music helps as well

Funnily enough, I'm also listening to Fire Bomber...

Y'know, after watching this episode, and loving every minute of it, I hesitated for a bit before coming here, because for some reason, I was thinking, "Man, this is great...but most of the people at Macrossworld are going to hate it..."

Glad I was wrong. But now I'm betting that everyone on Robotech.com will despise it.

And...um...why is it that every time we see

Ai-kun

, he seems to have more

legs

...? They grow up so fast, don't they? I'm just wondering when the

back-mounted cannon

is going to sprout, and little ol'

Ai-kun

will start

burning holes in the carpet

Anyway, yes...*ahem*

BOMBAA!!

Wild plot theory time: What if Grace's modified lyrics for Aimo were engineered to

tell the Varja how to counteract the anti-ESA and reaction weapondy?

Oh, come ON! Be sensible, that's completely and utterly...

-wait a sec-

that's completely and utterly plausible... :ph34r:

By the way....my favorite homage, beating out the

guys gaping at Ozma's cokcpit

, absolutely HAS to be Ozma's

DYRL moment saving the Quarter bridge...now if only Cathy had called him a chauvinist, it would've been complete.

12 hours. Spoilers tagging over.

I bet Kawamori has minions reading the boards about pineapple. Or the man just hates pineapples.

-I loved Alto's climb up to Ranka's room. The only way they can have a normal conversation is if they sneak around. To think he would actually scale the side of the building...

-Nothing like taking on the Vajra with a good olde knife. How I do love the old ways.

-Tech talk: I wonder if the red bugs actually increase the ECA strength of their shells to withstand the blast of reaction weaponry, then shed the burnt skin. :unsure:

And funny how there's a Fire Bomber song for all situations. I think we have a way to nullify the effects of pineapple....Fire Bomber. People listening to those songs seem to have the greatest luck. People recover using Fire Bomber songs. Basara nearly died and singing Fire Bomber songs brought him back. Gamlin survived an explosion. Now, Ozma has survived 2 trips to the hospital and he listens to Fire Bomber. I think there's something there. ;)^_^

Funnily enough, I'm also listening to Fire Bomber...

Y'know, after watching this episode, and loving every minute of it, I hesitated for a bit before coming here, because for some reason, I was thinking, "Man, this is great...but most of the people at Macrossworld are going to hate it..."

Glad I was wrong. But now I'm betting that everyone on Robotech.com will despise it.

And...um...why is it that every time we see

Ai-kun

, he seems to have more

legs

...? They grow up so fast, don't they? I'm just wondering when the

back-mounted cannon

is going to sprout, and little ol'

Ai-kun

will start

burning holes in the carpet

Anyway, yes...*ahem*

BOMBAA!!

It is hard not to listen to Fire Bomber after this episode really.

Yeah, Ai-kun's future really had me worried.

It is hard not to listen to Fire Bomber after this episode really.

DYNAMITE! DYNAMITE! DYNAMITE EXPLOSION ONCE AGAIN! :lol:

Man, Agent ONE would be HATING this board now...

I'm envisioning something like Nausicaa's vision about protecting the baby Ohmu...

And funny how there's a Fire Bomber song for all situations. I think we have a way to nullify the effects of pineapple....Fire Bomber. People listening to those songs seem to have the greatest luck. People recover using Fire Bomber songs. Basara nearly died and singing Fire Bomber songs brought him back. Gamlin survived an explosion. Now, Ozma has survived 2 trips to the hospital and he listens to Fire Bomber. I think there's something there. ;)^_^

Captain Kinryu of Diamond Force got out of bed, kicked ass and took names while singing Totsugeki Love Heart.

Fire Bomber songs increases ones HP but if your HP was seriously drained before you'll only accomplish saving you principal, but still die.

I'm sure Ai-kun will lead Frontier's army of Vajra against the final enemy in the final episodes. I'm not that concerned.

But this was an awesome episode, especially for an old fan like me. So many references and homages, it really is like a love letter to the fans. I honestly thought Ozma was going to bite it, and when the SMS song started playing, the first thing that came to my head was Kawamori sticking out his tongue, pulling down an eyelid with a finger and going "nyah, nyah, nyah nyah nyah!"

Of course, this doesn't necessarily mean that Ozma won't bite it next episode. Remember, Roy was admitted into the hospital after that last battle, and he probably would have lived if he had stayed there. There could be a chance that Ozma leaves the hospital prematurely next episode, for a little of Cathy's "Pineapple Cake"...

And this episode really has me contemplating re-watching M7 all over again. Damn you, Kawamori!

BOMBAA!

DYNAMITE! DYNAMITE! DYNAMITE EXPLOSION ONCE AGAIN! :lol:

Man, Agent ONE would be HATING this board now...

I like the music but remember I haven't watched more than one episode of M7 still. It is on the docket, I'm still only on episode 29 of SDF Macross (watching it in true form for the first time instead of Robotech form which is how I was introduced). M7 will probably come after that though... there is a lot of M7 man...

I like the music but remember I haven't watched more than one episode of M7 still. It is on the docket, I'm still only on episode 29 of SDF Macross (watching it in true form for the first time instead of Robotech form which is how I was introduced). M7 will probably come after that though... there is a lot of M7 man...

There IS a lot...and I humbly submit that it's neither as good as Keith and VFTF1 say, nor as bad as Agent ONE and Duke Togo would have it.

It gets better as it goes on, though, so stick with it. The last clutch of episodes are pretty great, I think.

Back on topic, though, I think the OP for this episode was the biggest WTF in this series since the end of episode 12...

Captain Kinryu of Diamond Force got out of bed, kicked ass and took names while singing Totsugeki Love Heart.

Fire Bomber songs increases ones HP but if your HP was seriously drained before you'll only accomplish saving you principal, but still die.

But if it wasn't for Fire Bomber, he wouldn't have been able to accomplish that. AND in a damaged VF too. And the thing he blew up caused more damage (roll 1d20 x 1000000000) then he could regenerate HP (roll a 2d10 every round, if singing Fire Bomber, multiply that by 1000). :lol:

BOMBA!!!!

Back on topic, though, I think the OP for this episode was the biggest WTF in this series since the end of episode 12...

No kidding. While waiting for the raw to come out, I popped into this thread to take a look at the the first few posts, but when I saw "Pineapple Salad" in the poll, I immediately closed the window to avoid spoiling myself.

Then, when I saw the opening, I was like, "Oh crap, the only reason why they'd play a sugary-sweet, happy song like this is because they're going to kill someone off." Or that they were saving the 2nd main opening once the main cast changes have been finalized (because they were going to kill someone off).

At this juncture, I don't know what to expect from this show anymore, and I love it!

I wonder if this will be the first series where all of the main cast survives (*knock on wood*)?