Macross Frontier Episode 17 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 17 Rating  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 17 Rating

• Positive (I want my Pinapple Salad!!!!!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (You had your pinapple salad 26 years ago and you didn't like it)

From what I can see there were only 2 Fire Bomber songs played in this episode.... There are like 50 Fire Bomber songs in total (I don't know how many in actuality) and I believe there must be a time in M7 where they played at least 2 or 3 songs in an episode. Hell I think the first episode (the only one I've seen) had 3.... Planet Dance at the concert, I think there was another one at the concert before the battle and Totsugeki Love Heart during the battle I think. I'm not entirely sure.

They played the same 2 songs, then they thru in that one for the big M7 vs Protodevlin fight. There seemed to be a few different ones in this one. But I've just watched it an hour ago so I'm not too sure and they didn't play the 2 they did ad infinum so that helped. Yeah they had 50 but they never played half of them in the series and that was one of my big grips.

• 1 month later...

For reasons that should be obvious to anyone who has read most of my threads in the Movies and TV Series section:

THIS IS MY FAVORITE EPISODE!!

I was going to leave it at that - but I'll throw in two more things:

1) Cathy and Ozma are a great couple. Hopefully Cathy will wise up and appreciate that the man who spent lots of time (spying) with her is not the same as the man who loved her and didn't have enough time for her because he was busy trying to save her life.

2) Catharsis. MAJOR Catharsis... a perfect case study in Catharsis. :) But I will STILL never eat pineapple salad for fear of an untimely death :)

Pete

For reasons that should be obvious to anyone who has read most of my threads in the Movies and TV Series section:

1) Cathy and Ozma are a great couple. Hopefully Cathy will wise up and appreciate that the man who spent lots of time (spying) with her is not the same as the man who loved her and didn't have enough time for her because he was busy trying to save her life.

2) Catharsis. MAJOR Catharsis... a perfect case study in Catharsis. :) But I will STILL never eat pineapple salad for fear of an untimely death :)

Pete

Kind of expected, given your choice of avatar. But you aint seen nothin' yet ^_^

Pete

BOMBAA!!

Yeah...this episode seemed to bring out the Fire Bomber fan in all of us...and yes, completely cathartic in terms of pineapples and battle.

I will also add something else here Gubby (sorry for calling you Gubby but I'm at my day job - which means I'm drunk because otherwise it's impossible to get through my day job)...

Now - I know that "anime" in general has a lot of stuff in common and it's possible to say "gee this reminds me of [insert random anime series]" about any particular anime - plus, I'm off of just watching all of NGE last month, so it's fresh in my Freudian SubConsciouse ;)....

Ahem:

This episode and the last one have really given Frontier a major NGE vibe - or at least that's the way I feel at this point (again - haven't watched anything beyond this last episode)....

There's an aura of death and big trouble hanging over everything that is starting to get depressing - and poor Ranka and Alto. Alto is unfortunately NOT as wise as Hikaru.

Hikaru was anti-war from the get go... Roy always noted that he had "no choice" - but Hikaru made fun of him for killing anyways, and he "started feeling that he was loosing his emotions" after his first few battles.

When Max - under the influence of Milia's compassion for Zentrans - started disabling the Regults rather than annihilating them, Hikaru jumped on the bandwagon IMMEDIATELY. He was authentically happy that he didn't have to kill anybody.

Roy always noted this about Hikaru which is why he said (in Goodbye Mars) "I figured you'd prefer a mission where you get to rescue someone instead of killing them" ...

Ranka has the same misgivings about combat that Hikaru did.

She asks her guru love interest for advise...

And Alto seems to repeat Bilar's balony about how ambition equals competition equals war.

Not EVEN Misa's father had this terrible view of war. Misa's dad noted that human beings were able to unite - he was just a realist who said it took them centuries to get there...

Alto's just like "dude - sucks but we gotta waste 'em" ...basically..

It's really sad to see that...

Too bad the loving spirit of Ranka's songs don't seem to be swaying any hearts...

Pete