Macross Frontier Episode 17 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 17 Rating  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 17 Rating

• Positive (I want my Pinapple Salad!!!!!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (You had your pinapple salad 26 years ago and you didn't like it)

I love the scene where Alto climb up to Ranka's bed, then heard Ranka saying "Brera is on a mission, so we're alone now, but that's not what I'm thinking" kinda ^_^ C'mon Ranka, admit it, you want to have a kinky moment with Alto that time :lol:

Ai-kun have six retractable legs, interesting, so he will evolved becoming a green lobster? :huh:

I never know that Klan is in College, I think there's a university for giant zentran there on island 3 :huh: Funny to see her react to Michael when he asked her to introduce him to a girl who works in the hospital :lol: BTW, why didn't we see Klan during the combat mission, was she 'busy' in her college as she said earlier? :huh:

I wonder if this will be the first series where all of the main cast survives (*knock on wood*)?

Most of the character in Macross II survive untill the end, but not the defense fleet (including Macross) and Earth ^_^ .

LOL, the text is from Window's registry file.

Excellent episode! ^_^ lots and lots of DYRL? and SDFM homages!

It was just me or Ranka had a Mikimoto style vibe on the scene were Alto is in her room?

So does this mean that Micro$oft Corp. survived "The Rain of Death a.k.a Zentraedi Bombardment of Earth" back in SDFM? :ph34r:

So what version of Windows is that CF18? :blink: M$ Windows 2059? :lol:

Edited by grss1982

So does this mean that Micro$oft Corp. survived "The Rain of Death a.k.a Zentraedi Bombardment of Earth" back in SDFM? :ph34r:

So what version of Windows is that CF18? :blink: M$ Windows 2059? :lol:

Must have, since something that looks suspiciously like their Surface technology was present at one of the tables at that Starbucks rip-off cafe in episode 6.

Capitalism, and all that...

HAHA! OMFG! I hate you Kawamori! you had gasping for air far too often, I was ready to throw my seat of the windows when the deck crew guy saw Ozma's seat, I was like NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! hahaha! and then laughing at the side of the pineapple cake, which is actually VERY GOOD!!! I'm gonna get me some of that tommorrow

good episode, I was happy to at least see Sheryl back on her feet, but next episode preview doesn't look too good for her

and isn't the Quarter pounder supposed to be super maneuverable, they could have easily evaded the Vajra beam, guess Bobby was asleep or stayed at Frontier putting make up to Ranka, haha!

oh yeah, and that flashback of Ozma in top of Cathy and then leaving, was that from when they were together or recently?? damn, Cathy was HORNY!!!

Edited by Valkyrie addict

I'm listening to Fire Bomber Lets Fire right now.. Planet Dance just finished. If you haven't been reading spoilers tags that might seem random.

Any chance of some gifs of the VF-25S from this episode? I'm looking for new avatar possibilities, and I always liked Ozma's 25 the most

especially now that we finally got to see it animated without armor

It is official. To reiterate what Sumdumgai just said

Pineapple Cake is the antithesis of Pineapple Salad, eat the cake if the salad is near you and you may yet survive. Fire Bomber music helps as well

Yes, well what we didn't see is Gov. Ahnold in a cameo scene edited out for time sake, where he handed Ozma the cake and said "Eat it if you want to live..."

Something about this episode made me revisit something. We all know how Grace met Leon in her manly form. In this episode, she switches back to her female form, presumably without much modification because she's wearing the same clothes. (There are cuts here, so it's hard to tell exactly what happened.)

This makes me think that Grace doesn't have multiple bodies, but transforms the same one. After we saw the thing she did with her tentacle arm, I wouldn't be at all surprised.

This is something I want to look at more closely, once the subs come out. :)

I think that's one of the bodies of the collective A.I. That's probably "Greg", another cyborg body :lol:. They are many but they are one. That's why he referred to himself as "Ware ware wa...." , meaning "We" which Luca was surprised to hear.

BTW i must have missed something but what does "ECA" stand for and what is it?

I think that's one of the bodies of the collective A.I. That's probably "Greg", another cyborg body :lol:. They are many but they are one. That's why he referred to himself as "Ware ware wa...." , meaning "We" which Luca was surprised to hear.

BTW i must have missed something but what does "ECA" stand for and what is it?

Ware koso wa..Baran Doban...(couldn't resist) :lol:

ECA = Energy Converting Armor, this has been discussed many times duh.

You know, it just occurred to me that the only one who ingested anything remotely related to pineapples was Ranka. A portent of things to come?

Although to be fair, it didn't look like she ingested a pineapple chunk, so maybe it's a false alarm and she'll be fine (then again, that could be why she said it didn't taste very good; she didn't eat the best part of the cake!).

and this is the windows media center Frontier Edition xD

http://i34.tinypic.com/2lwsvvl.jpg

Pffft, That is the GUI for the PS-7, a fully integrated media and game system.... :p

Finally saw the episode.

- The opening was fun, but I am doubtful it is nothing more than a novelty opening for this episode. The real opening is still coming.

- The Fire Bomber songs were a nice touch, (the way they should have been in M7!) They were integrated into the flashbacks and soul searching of Ozma, an apparent huge FB fan. When he first took Ranka in, no doubt FB was still the great band of the day so many memories would be associated with its music. Since this seemed to be mostly an Ozma episode, it would make sense that "his" music would be playing in the background.

- It wouldn't surprise me that the Vajra would adapt to their foes. If they were indeed created by the PC, that would make them a very effective weapons system, capable of adapting and overcoming, essentially the PC Marine Corps... ;) It also raises the stakes a lot. The Frontier fleet is now further back than when they started, defensively.

- I still say Grace is an android, with the strong possibility of being an AI. Very sly and apparently far smarter than many give her credit for.

- Liked the red herring Pineapple Salad. With SK, often a cigar is not actually a cigar... :D

- The mysteries are evolving very nicely so far. Ozma's recognition of Brera was only a matter of time, but the question is, what will he do about it?

- I wonder if the PBB on the VF-25S is part of the fighter's systems or something built into the FAST, Armor Packs?

- The hand to hand knife fights were a nice touch, but that can be effective for only so long.

- As for Micheal keeping the pill, I wonder if there is a correlation between it and his sister that hasn't been revealed yet. Quite possibly he is just looking out for a friend, but he did seem to recognize it on Galia IV...

- Good visual episode. It's full impact won't be felt until we see the subs...

Ware koso wa..Baran Doban...(couldn't resist) :lol:

ECA = Energy Converting Armor, this has been discussed many times duh.

Sorry but all this while weren't we using SWAG armour as the term. I probably wasn't around when we suddenly changed it to ECA.... :lol:

And just now someone earlier in this thread said "immunity to ECA" so i got more confused. :blink:

I tried to see frame by frame if anyone was in the limo but I can't see it, anyway there are various "men in black" goverment agents, and we know that Ozma and Cathy have suspicious about Leon and alto makes the remark in the past episode about his intuition.

maybe he is the one that in the end resolves the puzzle

Something about this episode made me revisit something. We all know how Grace met Leon in her manly form. In this episode, she switches back to her female form, presumably without much modification because she's wearing the same clothes. (There are cuts here, so it's hard to tell exactly what happened.)

This makes me think that Grace doesn't have multiple bodies, but transforms the same one. After we saw the thing she did with her tentacle arm, I wouldn't be at all surprised.

This is something I want to look at more closely, once the subs come out. :)

You're only now realizing that :p I mean the woman can project images for other people to watch, it stands to reason that she can holographically alter her appearance as well.

Glad I was wrong. But now I'm betting that everyone on Robotech.com will despise it.

Well one person over there at least. I joined the boards just to watch how they try to justify bashing Frontier when HG releases masterpieces like Shadow Chronicles.

Edited by Noyhauser

I tried to see frame by frame if anyone was in the limo but I can't see it, anyway there are various "men in black" goverment agents, and we know that Ozma and Cathy have suspicious about Leon and alto makes the remark in the past episode about his intuition.

maybe he is the one that in the end resolves the puzzle

and then he

dies for it

! :lol:

One thing I was wondering about - why did Michael freak out when he saw Luca climbing into the limousine? There didn't appear to be anyone with Luca, but Michael insisted on keeping both himself and Clan Clan out of sight.

As Mikhail said Luca's company makes pretty scary stuff.

Coupled that with Mr. Bilrer summoning Alto and Leon using Ranka, which he made Grace the manager.

You get the thing you can trust no one.

Unlike the rest of his squad Mikhail is left out of the details. He's trying to piece together a mystery.

In fact the last episodes of Frontier got me worried. Ep. 15 was directed personally by Kawamori, but ep. 14 and 16 were kinda plain. Still enjoyable and with good mecha action, did their work nicely and all, but kinda void of direction tidbits. I feared Macross Frontier in its final arc was becoming predictable, with little concern for side characters and blatant run-of-the-mill homages :ph34r:

This episode proved me the Frontier is still awesome. Besides the whole pineapple in your face thing, characters are shown to be intelligent. Michael is still suspicious of the pill, I think I've heard heard Ozma talking about Grace hacking using her implants, Ozma recognized Brera, and Sheryl now is about to confront Grace. It's wonderful how the villains are getting discovered despite their plans.

On the downside, this episode maybe can't be appreciate enough without having seen the original series :ph34r:

By the way, someone knows why this episode is actually called Goodbye Sister? I missed that :wacko:

FV

What an episode!!! I loved it!! :lol:

man, those vajra are like roaches! they dont die from nuke radiation.... :wacko:

i get abit of Mospeada Inbit feel from the vajra: biological battle units, evolution, and similarly no individual characters from them. I know i know, Mospeada's not related, i've not watch much of RT in fact (none from RT:New Gen), yet i still feel the similarity.

Regarding Grace's male or female look, remember Grace was downloading to her new body, so that is her real look... while the 'male' disguise is maybe holographic or otherwise... really wonder how she changes her look though. maybe the male face on the backside of her head? :p:ph34r:

Fold Quartz only created by Vajra! got that speculation right ^_^

Loved the lines by Ozma!!! so dammmnn coool!!! B)) Thought he was gonna die but glad he wasn't. i get the feeling he wasn't gonna die because Macross F has always have twists in their homages, but SK got me worrying all the time... and his story build up... great job! :lol:

Last but not least....

Fire!!!

BOMBAAAAAAAAAAAA~~~~!!!

Edited by Shun

On the downside, this episode maybe can't be appreciate enough without having seen the original series :ph34r:

By the way, someone knows why this episode is actually called Goodbye Sister? I missed that :wacko:

Can't see the forest because all the trees is in the way huh?

I assume you are one of those who need to see the original series. Look for goodbye big brother (Pineapple Salad in Macross or Farewell, Big Brother in Robotech). Most of the spoiler tags on the first five page will tell you why.

This episode was much better then expected. Time and again he avoided death. The preview for it made me fear that it was going to be boring. I am positive.

Edited by panpo98

The credits match up with the voice actor, if that's any indication...

wait a min!! :blink:

in ep 17, the VA is listed as NUNS pilot role.

the same VA was listed in ep 16, but it was for the Teacher role~~! :ph34r:

OMG!! so we've uncovered another conspiracy there!! the teacher is also a NUNS pilot... :blink: and he's DEAD!! :ph34r: j/k :p

PS > wow Ranka been using that same bag for more than 10 years!! :huh: very durable stuff they have in 2059. cept maybe the M$ software :ph34r: