Macross Frontier Episode 17 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 17 Rating  

208 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 17 Rating

• Positive (I want my Pinapple Salad!!!!!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (You had your pinapple salad 26 years ago and you didn't like it)

PS > wow Ranka been using that same bag for more than 10 years!! :huh: very durable stuff they have in 2059. cept maybe the M$ software :ph34r:

:lol:

BTW, whatever happened to Linux or even OSX in 2059? :ph34r:

Don't tell me that M$ was the ONLY one that had a development team in SDF-1, thus allowing it to sruvive in the Zentraedi bombardment of earth. :ph34r::lol:

I assume you are one of those who need to see the original series.

I've seen all series of Macross. Actually, I've seen (and loved) everything Kawamori has done :lol:

Look for goodbye big brother (Pineapple Salad in Macross or Farewell, Big Brother in Robotech).

You lose credibility points for referencing Robotech in a Macross board, you Mr. 4 posts :rolleyes:

What I was asking is what meaning has the title if in the episode Ozma didn't kick the bucket. I was just assuming I missed it because I don't speak Japanese.

FV

So, there was no brother who said goodbye to a sister in this episode? The function of the episode title was really to mislead?

No, Ozma DID say goodbye to Ranka...as mentioned a few pages ago, he said he thought she was growing up, and that he no longer had to be a protective big brother for her.

:lol:

BTW, whatever happened to Linux or even OSX in 2059? :ph34r:

Don't tell me that M$ was the ONLY one that had a development team in SDF-1, thus allowing it to sruvive in the Zentraedi bombardment of earth. :ph34r::lol:

probably bought them by hostile take-over :angry:

just pray hard that the environment system in City domes dont give u a blue screen :ph34r:

so the VF-27 beam is really a Heavy Quantum beam similar to the M-Quarter's :blink:

probably bought them by hostile take-over :angry:

just pray hard that the environment system in City domes dont give u a blue screen :ph34r:

Macross 7's fold engine computers were hackable.

Basara did what any non-technical joe would do, hit it.

But in his case he hit it with a Valkyrie punch.

I've seen all series of Macross. Actually, I've seen (and loved) everything Kawamori has done :lol:

You lose credibility points for referencing Robotech in a Macross board, you Mr. 4 posts :rolleyes:

What I was asking is what meaning has the title if in the episode Ozma didn't kick the bucket. I was just assuming I missed it because I don't speak Japanese.

FV

I assumed you was one of those Robotech people since all the spoiler tagged comment in the beginning had the answer to both your questions over and over and over and still you didn't understand. Your questions made it seem that you knew nothing of the Macross series.

I assumed you had only seen Robotech and tried to be extra helpful since you didn't understand any of the English comment made on this board. We are all (trying) to write in English here so you don't need to understand Japanese.

Just read almost any of the spoiler tagged comment on the first few pages you will see most of them answerers and talk about the subject. Don't be lazy. Some of us are doing there best to be polite here.

They tried to mislead the fans like they did episode 13 "Memory of Global". But they still made the episode that you didn't need to have prior knowledge to think that the tittle fit. It is a tittle with a double meaning depending on how much prior knowledge you have.

Edited by panpo98

snapshot20080801215811tz1.th.jpg

Next ep preview:

Konig Monster on the deck (of Quarter? or is that the Battle25 itself?!) in a space fold worm-hole...

(look at the graphics.... yucks... what happened >.<..... am i allowed to talk about animation quality :p)

some more random thoughts:

- Yay! new outfit designs for Nana-chan :wub:

- Yay!! new outfit designs for Klan Klan too! she looks very lovely and cute... sexy shot of her short skirt (i'm no pedo... honest!! :ph34r: )

- really liked that OP... very cutsey ^_^

- Michel is really a 'Jenius'... awesome memory, nothing escapes his eyes, sniper, eloquent lady's man...

- I want Ozma's skull emblem for my tee-shirt and car!! B)) (anyone has a good pic of it? maybe also design a tee with it)

- Ranka doll~~! <3 during the eyecatch!

- Ozma's fight with Brera... expertly done, considering that he's fighting a cyborg. Alto would've lost his life given the same situation... =X

- Ozma knows about young Brera too.... hmmm.... why does he know so much... he's deeply involved with 117th thats for sure now!

- seems only the red vajra can survive the reaction missiles, the yellow ones are blown to bits

- they should make longer swords for vf-25 instead of just the daggers :ph34r:

- Ranka's first concert revenge is far from a sell-out. :( (serves u right!! didn't even give VIP front row seats to your bro and closest friends! :angry::p)

snapshot20080801223400ag6.th.jpg

more outfits designed for Ranka (finally)

snapshot20080801223142ya6.th.jpg

(look at the graphics.... yucks... what happened >.<..... am i allowed to talk about animation quality :p)

No. Because it's not being viewed at the scale that it's ment to be viewed at -> 40+ inch highvision screen.

As Mikhail said Luca's company makes pretty scary stuff.

Coupled that with Mr. Bilrer summoning Alto and Leon using Ranka, which he made Grace the manager.

You get the thing you can trust no one.

Unlike the rest of his squad Mikhail is left out of the details. He's trying to piece together a mystery.

But what does Michael have to hide? Especially from Luca, of all people?

Just because you don't trust someone doesn't mean that you have to automatically hide from them. Why didn't he want Luca to see him in that specific instance?

Edit - Regarding Grace's "alternate" look, my guess is that her body has prosthetics that she can naturally remove. She has something similar to a wig for her hair (except that attaches much more securely). And her bust is detachable as well. And the end result is what we saw in episode 10 and saw again in Leon's office in episode 17.

Edited by junior

I was surprised that Ozma ejected his packs and Alto keep his. Alto normally seems to be the first to get rid of things that he thinks slow him down.

Maybe Michael didn't want Luca to see that he had spotted Luca. Michael probably wanted to see what Lucas was up to. It is more like Michael wanting to know what Luca has to hide. I don't think Luca normally goes into a limo with security guards then he is with his friends.

Edited by panpo98

Super extreme closeup of a low pologon count 3DCG model that wasn't intended to be looked at that closely?

Aside from that, the textures looked great on the big screen.

Thank you. I mean seriously guys, stop zooming in and looking for flaws. <_< If you have a big screen TV then you're going to notice stuff. Just enjoy and deal (105th time I've said this.)

Thank you. I mean seriously guys, stop zooming in and looking for flaws. <_< If you have a big screen TV then you're going to notice stuff. Just enjoy and deal (105th time I've said this.)

Agreed. There are some scenes in the series with extremely low quality art (faceless people in a meeting anyone?) that irk me. The scene that started this tangent didn't. It came across as at par. In fact, I'd say that I was quite impressed by the overall animation quality of the episode. Perhaps it was the lack of movement in the character animation parts, but that translates into more time to work on a given piece, which generally means better results.

But what does Michael have to hide? Especially from Luca, of all people?

Just because you don't trust someone doesn't mean that you have to automatically hide from them. Why didn't he want Luca to see him in that specific instance?

He probably didn't want Luca to see him with Klan alone, at a coffee shop, sitting together at a table by themselves. He might get the wrong idea, like they were on a date or something...

When I see the egg hatch, somehow I have a feeling that a creature like Ai-kun is coming out.

I think Ai-kun is something related to the Valjar. Anyone have the same guess?

When I see the egg hatch, somehow I have a feeling that a creature like Ai-kun is coming out.

I think Ai-kun is something related to the Valjar. Anyone have the same guess?

Ai-kun IS a Vajra... it's been hinted for a long time now. First time was in episode 9 i think, when we first saw a Vajra egg hatch and 3 glowing eyes inside, then it immediately shifted the scene to a shot of the not yet named Ai-kun.

In this episode, aside from just seeing the familiar green tail and fur when the egg hatched, you saw an Ai-kun on Leon's screen, togther with a red lobster type.

And him tearing up paper planes is some nice foreshadowing ^_^

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

Ai-kun IS a Vajra... it's been hinted for a long time now. Aside from just seeing the familiar green tail and fur when the egg hatched, you saw an Ai-kun on Leon's screen, togther with a red lobster type.

*Refuses to eat at Red Lobster* :ph34r:

Ai-kun IS a Vajra... it's been hinted for a long time now. First time was in episode 9 i think, when we first saw a Vajra egg hatch and 3 glowing eyes inside, then it immediately shifted the scene to a shot of not yet named Ai-kun.

In this episode, aside from just seeing the familiar green tail and fur when the egg hatched, you saw an Ai-kun on Leon's screen, togther with a red lobster type.

And him tearing up paper planes is some nice foreshadowing ^_^

I just had a feeling, don't remember any facts to back it up.

Wow, didn't know that there are already so many hints given. Thanks for pointing these out. I totally miss the red ai-kun shape on Leon's screen. Not as observant as you are.

Ai-kun's relationship wil Ranka will bear some significan in later plot definately. I am really curious now. :) Interesting plot coming up.

Somehow I find it hard to imagine the cute Ai-kun turning into a vicious red lobster. It will turn out to be a suprise for many unobservant viewer like me. :)

I just had a feeling, don't remember any facts to back it up.

Oh well, I don't have any proof either. Though I suppose I might sound like I do, but I don't really. ^_^

But I'll be damned if all those hints were just hoaxes :ph34r:

Edit: Also, I think someone else already pointed out the Ai-kun on screen.'

Anyway, while not proof perhaps (we don't get to see it's 'face'), the egg hatching scene got REAL close.

post-9073-1217616220_thumb.jpg

Edited by VF-25 Messiah