TR2N

A few people are saying a third film could happen, with the fate of Tron easily being one of them. I don't think we need another film, though it would be nice to see much more of Tron.

I seem to recall Disney already confirming 1 id not 2 sequels to Legacy already. But yeah, they could easily touch on what happened to to Tron in a second one

Olivia Wilde as Yoko/Alita/Gally, anyone?

No terribel idea. she is nowhere near young/cute/doe-eyed enough and i just cant imagine her doing any of Alita's emotional passionate rantings about the people she loves or how far she has come as a fighter.

Bland acting.

Bad pacing.

Boring plot.

Alot of lingo that i couldn't understand.

Could barely hear them talking....not sure if its just my theatre but the whole "ISO" or whatever they called thing was lost on me cuz i can't hear what kevin was talking about other than genocide. =.=;;

I expected way more.

Just saw the movie in Imax 3D, wow, i really really really loved this movie, such nice graphics, and loved the actors as well. I want to see it again!!!

Ditto! I don't understand the negativity and criticism leveled at the film for the story or the acting, I thought it was delightful... And worth seeing at least once again on the big screen ^_^

I thought the story was pretty well in line with the original. Not great, or deep, but sufficient to showcase the visuals. I wish I could have seen the original recently, but it seems tricky to find. Designs were beautiful, and the action was well worth seeing in IMAX 3d. I thought that The young Jeff Bridges looked kinda fake at the start, but I got used to it. Perhaps it was just because he was surrounded by an unreal setting that I just let it go.

As for Daft Punk... Perfect! I knew it would be, but hearing was believing. Now I have to buy it.

Just got back form seeing this...

My favorite movie this year. :D

Jeff Bridges was awesome (x2); Olivia Wilde was awesome; the light cycles where awesome; Daft Punk was awesome; Cillian Murphy was awesome for the 90 seconds or so he was actually in the moive; Olivia Wilde's hair was extra awesome. :p

I love this movie, and I NEED me some hot toy's figures from it.

(1/6 scale Tron/Rinzler please)

Edited by anime52k8

Just got back form seeing this...

My favorite movie this year. :D

Jeff Bridges was awesome (x2); Olivia Wilde was awesome; the light cycles where awesome; Daft Punk was awesome; Cillian Murphy was awesome for the 90 seconds or so he was actually in the moive; Olivia Wilde's hair was extra awesome. :p

I love this movie, and I NEED me some hot toy's figures from it.

(1/6 scale Tron/Rinzler please)

You getting the Hot Toys light cycle i reckon?

Olivia Wilde did more acting with her eyes alone then almost the entire cast.

Saw it in Real 3D. 2hrs Daft Punk music video set in Tron? I'm in. Bluray too when it comes out.

Therein lies my greater issue with the movie. I mean, Sam gets zapped from his world and everything he knows, into another one and then dropped into an arena of neon-frisbee-death and he acts as if he was just asked to solve a moderately difficult algebra question. But, the atmosphere of the story was about as exciting as a motherboard, so I guess he fit right in.

Question: in the beginning of the movie, why did Kevin have to break into his own building? He was a major share-holder/owner/partner for the company right? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by myk

Therein lies my greater issue with the movie. I mean, Kevin gets zapped from his world and everything he knows, into another one and then dropped into an arena of neon-frisbee-death and he acts as if he was just asked to solve a moderately difficult algebra question. But, the atmosphere of the story was about as exciting as a motherboard, so I guess he fit right in.

Question: in the beginning of the movie, why did Kevin have to break into his own building? He was a major share-holder/owner/partner for the company right? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

He likes to prank the company, signing in at the front desk defeats the purpose

Cillian Murphy was awesome for the 90 seconds or so he was actually in the movie;

Yeah, that was one the most disappointing aspects of the film. Since Cillian was playing the son of Dillinger from the first film, I thought that a digital equivalent of him would be running the show in the Grid.

Didn't turn out to be the case and I think it was a missed opportunity.

He likes to prank the company, signing in at the front desk defeats the purpose

Right right right, thanks for the clarification. He could've "checked in" at the front desk and still sabotaged the debut of the new 'OS, but it wouldn't have been as exciting to be sure.

Second that on the Cillian Murphy thing. His 90.3 seconds of camera time was obviously a missed opportunity and a waste of his talents altogether.

In regards to the girls, Quora was adorable, but if I had to choose I'd want Gem on my light Cycle for sure...

Edited by myk

Second that on the Cillian Murphy thing. His 90.3 seconds of camera time was obviously a missed opportunity and a waste of his talents altogether.

I'm still holding out hope that this is will turn out to be foreshadowing for a sequel. This one left plenty of room for a TR3N, and I'd love to see him as a villain there. ^_^

Edited by anime52k8

I'm still holding out hope that this is will turn out to be foreshadowing for a sequel. This one left plenty of room for a TR3N, and I'd love to see him as a villain their. ^_^

Agree with this point - it also seemed like Tron was underutilized in the movie and that

he was being set up for a return at the end as well

While the whole story is based on a silly concept my grandma might have thought of (there's little people in the computer doing what you ask!!), I appreciated that this movie was a logical outgrowth of the original film.

Agree with this point - it also seemed like Tron was underutilized in the movie and that

he was being set up for a return at the end as well

While the whole story is based on a silly concept my grandma might have thought of (there's little people in the computer doing what you ask!!), I appreciated that this movie was a logical outgrowth of the original film.

When you consider the fact that "cyberspace" is one of the most interesting concepts that has been introduced to the world of fiction in the last thirty or so years (and overused and abused, yes I will admit that), I don't consider the concept "silly".

If the concept of "cyberspace" had existed in the time of Shakespeare, I'm sure that he would have used it.

It's not the cyberspace that I was referring to. That is definitely a cool venue for story telling, and can be used well (GITS, Matrix 1, etc) or poorly (Armageddon: the Final Challenge). The nature of artificial intelligence, traversing a virtual world where the rule are different - neat stuff. It's the concept of the programs as little people - when I press (M) a little guy runs over to others and places the letter in a row... That's kinda silly. I still like both movies though.

I try not to think about it too much, because that leads to questions like:

Why is it raining?

Nightclubs for Programs?

Why are they eating green beans?

On movies like this, I usually employ the MST3K philosophy, "If you're wondering how he eats and breathes, and other science facts; then repeat to yourself it's just a show, I should really just relax."

Actual question, though: I had gotten the impression that the "games" punishment for Programs in the original Tron were like being put into an arcade game. That their actions determined what was portrayed on screen at Flynn's arcade in the real world. This was just my impression, not verified by anything but my own young logic. Did anyone else feel that way about the old film? In the new one, it seemed that the games were played simply as a Roman gladitorial sport for the entertainment of other programs.

Edited by Kelsain

When you consider the fact that "cyberspace" is one of the most interesting concepts that has been introduced to the world of fiction in the last thirty or so years (and overused and abused, yes I will admit that), I don't consider the concept "silly".

If the concept of "cyberspace" had existed in the time of Shakespeare, I'm sure that he would have used it.

Cyberspace is just the modern way to describe the world that ovlays our own world. Shakespeare just called it ghosts and magice and he did use it.

Cyberspace is just the modern way to describe the world that ovlays our own world. Shakespeare just called it ghosts and magice and he did use it.

I was gonna say that a midsummer nights dream or even lewis carolls Alice in wonderland is a pre-IBM cyber space world.

I try not to think about it too much, because that leads to questions like:

Why is it raining?

Nightclubs for Programs?

Why are they eating green beans?

Flynn designed the world.

He was from a world that had or used such things. It's not even remotely a stretch to have these things in a world created and imagined by a human.

Just saw it. Reminded me of the first one. Special effects, dull story about a world I don't care about.

Now more than ever I want to see the original one. I might stand to appreciate the new one more, is what I'm gathering from most.

On another note, Quorra and Gem were in Turistas together with tans, smiles and much less clothing-I'm going to have to check that out too...

Edited by myk

You guys with negative comments.. What did you expect. The first one is knida slow paced, and the story was brilliant if you understand it.

The Iso programs are self generating, now as a guy that actually writes code and algorithms, I can appreciate that the most complex of algorithms ARE going to ge self contained and generated to a large degree by a computers logic. Do you think Google's algorithm for search was just written with tags as "if, then" statements?

I think the two tron movies stand a whole hell of a lot better than the matrix trilogy does.

Now more than ever I want to see the original one. I might stand to appreciate the new one more, is what I'm gathering from most.

Yes.. The new one makes no sense unless you fully understand the first one. I am surprised they made a sequel that was this exclusive really only for only Tron fans.

For those who loved the movie like I did, you should get this $10 toy. It is pretty awesome.

I just picked one up at target this morning, very cool for what it costs. I almost picked up the 6 inch talking Clu figure with the projection face while I was there :p

Edited by anime52k8

Guess this makes me the fourth M-worlder to have seen it. I dunno, maybe I'm just jaded but the story seemed bland and uninteresting to me. It didn't help that the lead actor was so dull and lacking in emotion. One minute he's "here," the next minute "there" and with all of "this" going on, but the events of the story don't seem to faze him at all. I can only guess the Steven Segal school of non-acting is his alma mater. I almost wished that Shia LeBouf had been about to give the characters a shot of excitement with his trademark sputtering and over-acting. I would say that the Zeus character stole the entire movie, as every other actor was so wooden it was like watching a broadway play called "All about Hayden Christensen."

In regards to the story, well, there's alot of...talking...about the digital frontier and a revolutionizing of the human experience, but it just seemed pointless and again uninteresting. All of that talking also containted some of the lamest diaologue I've ever heard. "Bio-digital jazz, man!" The Tron universe and hence the story just didn't grab my attention and get me to care. I guess part of the problem is that Tron is a story from like, 30 years ago. Back then, we could only dream of what the "digitial frontier" could do for us, but in the year 2010, we're living it, we don't need to fantasize about it. What we're given is a dry, talky experience that just doesn't have any style outside of the glowing blue, yellow and red suits...

Anyway, what format did you guys see it in? Imax 3D? There's this new 'tech they're calling "RealD 3d." Wasn't sure if this was a just a local name for this new format. I'm not sure I understand the difference between Imax 3D and RealD 3D; all I know is that I have a goddamn headache that I never experienced in Imax...

I cant believe how many people fell for the hype of 3d. That poo just makes me dizzy and ill. Tried to view the new 3d tv and I had to take the glasses after 3 min watching some demo football game. My wife lasted 30 seconds. My kid lasted 1. Its just a tool to stop pirating and pass the headache on to the consumer.

I cant believe how many people fell for the hype of 3d. That poo just makes me dizzy and ill. Tried to view the new 3d tv and I had to take the glasses after 3 min watching some demo football game. My wife lasted 30 seconds. My kid lasted 1. Its just a tool to stop pirating and pass the headache on to the consumer.

Works just fine for me and my family.

The 3D Avatar I saw was fine, but I just watched Tron at an IMAX and it was really hard to focus. I really don't think this technology is ready. I want 3D when I can watch 3D holographic gladiatorial combat in a coliseum, with smell-o-vision. Until then my brain is happy to interpret a 2D projection as 3D.

I'm gonna have to track down a 2D version to watch it again. And again. And again. Tron rocked the first time, the first time still rocks, and it's rocking again the second time.

cool.gif

Edited by Vile