Yamato 1/60 VF-11b under development

Might just be a prototype pic so the final version should be better. The 1/72 was ok in that respect so I'd expect the 1/60 to be the same, if not better.

The same can never be said of Nerf... Nerf prototypes are always better, though I will say they have V1 QC... It took 3 tries to get a working Vulcan...

Sorry, got a bit OT there, but the prototype thing reminded me how angry they make me...

I am really looking forward this one... I hope Yamato uses the same factory they produced the new 1/60 VF 1 line, I love the thin panel lines and the toy construction... not like the Bandai DX toys with their shinny plastic, PVC heads and 3mm panel lines...

Will I have to worry about pin placement in the shoulder hinge? I already paid for my VF-11B.

BTW. Graham can you also mention to Yamato that 4 out of 5 MW'ers would buy a 1/60 VF-4 (hint hint).

What about the tail fins?

did anyone complain about the tailfins for the yf-21 when it came out?

in the 1/60 yamato toy its also smaller than what was in the lineart.

anyway to me, the lineart vf-11b tailfins are a bit oversized.

the smaller fins suits me just fine.

but mine will be having super parts on most of the time anyway so not a prob for me.

Actually, we had a long discussion about what I'd recommend for future projects. The VF-4 was on the list, but not at the top.

Expect some exciting stuff from Yamato in the next few years.

Graham

i wonder what beat the vf-4 to the list...

since yamato cant be getting the frontier license in the near future,

i really hope yamato gets at least the M7 license, as vf-22s are really the ones i have been waiting for all along...

otherwise, judging from the licenses yamato has right now (zero, DYRL/SDF, plus)

the most exciting stuff for me might be:

vf-0b

vf-0c

vf-0d

and... yf-21 repaints?

what else can u guys think of?

No because they don't seem that small at all, anime accuracy/lineart/whathaveyou aside. The VF-11's tailfins look small on the toy, it was the primary thing that I wanted to see improved over the 1/72 version that was released 8 years ago(and which I liked everything else on sculpt wise except for the tailfins).

To me they are "just right" in the anime; I don't really care for anime accuracy I go for what looks good, and bigger tailfins would look better, even if they were tiny in the anime(which they aren't).

but mine will be having super parts on most of the time anyway so not a prob for me.

For you, but see with me, I love the way the VF-11 looks in non-armored fighter mode, so I don't want to have to put armor on it just to hide the fact that the fins are too small. Maybe it does look better in person or in updated pics, but the initial pics do not help.

i really hope yamato gets at least the M7 license, as vf-22s are really the ones i have been waiting for all along...

otherwise, judging from the licenses yamato has right now (zero, DYRL/SDF, plus)

vf-0b

vf-0c

vf-0d

and... yf-21 repaints?

Yamato should be able to do the VF-22 from the VF-X2 License?

vf-0b

vf-0c

vf-0d

and... yf-21 repaints?

SDF-1 TV version, Glaug, Regult, Mk.II Monster and some 1/60 Zentran pilots etc... :rolleyes:

the smaller fins suits me just fine.

The tailfins on the YF-21 aren't comically undersized like they are on the VF-11. Combine the tiny tailfins with the short stubby chubby nose and tall cockpit and it really detracts from the sleekness of the whole design. I guess we'll just have to wait for Hasegawa to make a VF-11 model kit, if they ever do.

I hope Yamato does some VF-22s with the YF-21 molds!

Vostok 7

I think people like it for the classic Macross appearance and because it's linked to the original characters. Besides this is a VF Yamato can lean towards Fighter mode all they want, because the other two modes are chunky anyway and mosp people will display it in Fighter mode like Hikaru did in the series. Am I right, fanboys?

yup. If yamato or whoever offered a 1/60 fighter only toy for less money, I'd happily get that over the perfect transformation version.

yup. If yamato or whoever offered a 1/60 fighter only toy for less money, I'd happily get that over the perfect transformation version.

I have LONG begged for this to happen. It would be cheaper on both ends, take WAY less time to get to market, and would just be cool. I leave most of my valks in Fighter mode anyway, so why pay extra for more modes I rarely use anyway?

Vostok 7

I have LONG begged for this to happen. It would be cheaper on both ends, take WAY less time to get to market, and would just be cool. I leave most of my valks in Fighter mode anyway, so why pay extra for more modes I rarely use anyway?

Vostok 7

Hallelujah! I'll add my vote to that.

Why is everyone so keen on the VF-4? I always thought it was kind of an ugly design... :unsure:

I think because most of us think that it is a stunningly gorgeous design. I personally think it is one of Kawamori's most beautiful designs for both Fighter and Battroid.

Vostok 7

For me, I am a battroid guy so it would be a bummer for me. But I do like Fighter mode sometimes too. I would only go for a 1/60 Fighter mode only figure if it really WAS MUCH CHEAPER, Like maybe $50. Otherwise I really like transforming mecha toys.

It is interesting because Graham had started a thread asking us if we would buy a fighter mode only GNU line and most people said NO.

It is interesting because Graham had started a thread asking us if we would buy a fighter mode only GNU line and most people said NO.

Yeah, I don't get that. I'm not saying "stop making transforming toys and just make fighter only toys". I just would kill to see a fighter-only toy of the same quality and detail as their transforming toys, but with none of the loose joints or body seam gaps or floppy hinges or other stuff that plagues the transforming toys.

Vostok 7

I'm glad you guys brought that up cause I was going too. I wanted the GNU fighter toys to happen, but like what Jenius said, most people said no. Now suddenly lots of people are saying yes. :rolleyes:

Chris

I'm glad you guys brought that up cause I was going too. I wanted the GNU fighter toys to happen, but like what Jenius said, most people said no. Now suddenly lots of people are saying yes. :rolleyes:

Chris

it depends on the valk for me. For the vf-4 and 9... yes. I'll be more than happy with a fighter only. But I wouldn't buy, say a fighter only version of the yf-21.

Its mainly because Some people dislike the gerwalk and battroid modes of the VF-4. IF it was going to be expensive regardless, then i'd prefer it be perfect trans, since atleast i'd know i would feel better overall for paying that much. I think fighter and gerwalk are pretty sexy on the VF-4 anyway.

Why is everyone so keen on the VF-4? I always thought it was kind of an ugly design... :unsure:

Heretic!!

I think because most of us think that it is a stunningly gorgeous design. I personally think it is one of Kawamori's most beautiful designs for both Fighter and Battroid.

Well put ^_^

Yeah the VF-0D is a MUST. Graham master flash, did they mention that one?

I'd hope for v2 0A as well. I might buy an 0S soon anyway, because it has come down to that or the VF-11B being my next VF purchase (...with Bandai dragging it's feet on non-VF-25 DX releases.) But I am trying (honest!) not to by any "big" figures until my Yomako arrives.

Edited by Letigre

What the hell? Is Alto carrying Mikhail's gun? Actually it looks kinda different.

And is that supposed to be a transformable YF-19 model kit?!?!?

Damn that stuff looks so amazing, I wish I could buy it

Edited by Cent