Macross Frontier News Thread II *Read 1st post*

azrael

I wonder if episode ten will reveal anything about Sheryl's relationship (if any) to the Nome sisters from Zero.

I'm curious about that.. I mean

why is she even at the movie? While at first people thought she was going to be playing Sara Nome recent talk has had the Miss Macross winner playing Sara Nome. With Ranka playing an extra but moving to the role of Mao Nome after the original actress gets injured. Maybe Sheryl was meant to sing the theme song for the movie and gives it to Ranka after she gets the Mao roll as a help to her career? Or is she at the movie because she has a connection to the Nome sisters...

Find out shortly anyway...

why is she even at the movie? While at first people thought she was going to be playing Sara Nome recent talk has had the Miss Macross winner playing Sara Nome. With Ranka playing an extra but moving to the role of Mao Nome after the original actress gets injured. Maybe Sheryl was meant to sing the theme song for the movie and gives it to Ranka after she gets the Mao roll as a help to her career? Or is she at the movie because she has a connection to the Nome sisters...

Maybe the director simply needs her approval to use her slave?

She'll do Planet Dance all right, along with the rest Skull Squadron while riding a pink custom VF-25 "Sheryl Special". :ph34r:

Oh no, hers is the purple one we saw before the series started... :ph34r:

Ares anyone?

Whens the next newtype magazine go on sale? Kinda hanging for more detailed spoilers since i read those one liners for 11-13 already.. and trying to resist reading spoilers is going to be hard with the one breaks coming after 10 and than 11 :\

Whens the next newtype magazine go on sale? Kinda hanging for more detailed spoilers since i read those one liners for 11-13 already.. and trying to resist reading spoilers is going to be hard with the one breaks coming after 10 and than 11 :\

With those pauses in the episodes, I think the next spoiler will came around July. :unsure:

Actually earlier than that. NewType comes out on the 10th. So four days away.

From the official website:

Newtype7月号 マクロスF情報!

Newtype7月号(6/10発売)は、総監督・河森正治と音楽・菅野よう子対談!

アルトのライバル、ブレラ・スターンとその愛機・VF-27、そしてマクロス25の設定公開!

●ランカ・リー、CDデビュー&記念ライブ情報を掲載!

ついにシングル「星間飛行」でCDデビューするランカ。

それを記念したライブも開催決定、仲間たちが続々と応援に駆けつける予定だ。

描き下ろしイラストでは、あのトリオがランカといっしょにダンス!しちゃいます。

●河森正治&菅野よう子、「マクロスF」の全ボーカル曲を語る!

音楽でも盛り上がる「マクロスF」。

印象的なシーンで使用されたボーカル曲すべてについて、2人が解説します。

シェリル・ランカの曲だけにとどまらない名曲の数々を、シーンカットとともにおさらい!

●ブレラ、VF-27、マクロス・クォーターなど強力なニューフェイスが登場!

謎めいた行動を繰り返すブレラ・スターン。アルトのライバルと目されているのだが……。

彼の駆る最新鋭機・VF-27と、ボビーの名操艦がスゴかった(!)

マクロス・クォーターの各種設定を初公開!

Newtype 7月号

2008.6.10 0N SALE!

特別定価:630円(税込)

発行/角川書店 発売/角川グループパブリッシング

Expecting some lineart of the VF-27 soon :D

Japan doesn't care for Michael and Klan.

*1.0% (*3.0%) 05/31 (Sat) *1:55am-*2:25am TBS Macross FRONTIER

Though looking over the ratings list a lot of shows are down 2-1%.

*4.8% (*7.4%) 06/01 (Sun) *8:30am-*9:00am TV Asahi Yes! Pretty Cure 5 Go Go!

*3.8% (*5.1%) 05/31 (Sat) *6:00pm-*6:25pm NHK-ETV Anime Major

*2.8% (*3.2%) 06/01 (Sun) *9:00am-*9:30am TV Tokyo Pururun! Shizuku-chan Aha!

*2.4% (*3.5%) 06/01 (Sun) *9:30am-10:00am TV Tokyo Onegai My Melody Kirara!

*2.3% (*3.3%) 06/01 (Sun) 10:00am-10:30am TV Tokyo TV Tokyo Zettai Karen Children

*2.2% (*2.8%) 05/30 (Fri) *1:55am-*2:25am TBS To LOVE Ru -Trouble-

*1.9% (*2.7%) 05/27 (Tue) *6:00pm-*6:30pm TV Tokyo D.Gray-man

*1.8% (*2.0%) 05/27 (Tue) *1:00am-*1:30am TV Tokyo Vampire Knight

*1.7% (*2.3%) 05/28 (Wed) *6:00pm-*6:30pm TV Tokyo Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's

*1.6% (*2.2%) 06/02 (Mon) *2:00am-*2:30am TV Tokyo Nabari no Ou -NABARI-

*1.3% (*2.9%) 05/31 (Sat) *2:25am-*2:55am TBS Itazura na Kiss

*1.3% (*1.7%) 05/30 (Fri) *2:15am-*2:45am TV Tokyo Soul Eater Late Show

*1.2% (*1.7%) 06/02 (Mon) *2:30am-*3:00am TV Tokyo Neo Angelique Abyss

*1.2% (*2.0%) 05/27 (Tue) *2:00am-*2:30am TV Tokyo Monochrome Factor

Expecting some lineart of the VF-27 soon :D

080606ntt080700.jpg

ブレラ・スターン=Brera Starne in NT Jul. Issue

It is not Sterne

080227sp.jpg

p.s.

第11話:ミッシング・バースデー(Missing Birthday)、2008.06.19

第12話:ファステスト・デリバリー(Fastest Delivery)、2008.06.26(TBS PAUSE)

第13話:トワイライト・プラネット(Twilight Planet)、2008.07.03

up276845.jpg

Edited by kresphy

Japan doesn't care for Michael and Klan.

Though looking over the ratings list a lot of shows are down 2-1%.

*3.8% (*5.1%) 05/31 (Sat) *6:00pm-*6:25pm NHK-ETV Anime Major

*2.8% (*3.2%) 06/01 (Sun) *9:00am-*9:30am TV Tokyo Pururun! Shizuku-chan Aha!

*2.4% (*3.5%) 06/01 (Sun) *9:30am-10:00am TV Tokyo Onegai My Melody Kirara!

*2.3% (*3.3%) 06/01 (Sun) 10:00am-10:30am TV Tokyo TV Tokyo Zettai Karen Children

*2.2% (*2.8%) 05/30 (Fri) *1:55am-*2:25am TBS To LOVE Ru -Trouble-

*1.9% (*2.7%) 05/27 (Tue) *6:00pm-*6:30pm TV Tokyo D.Gray-man

*1.8% (*2.0%) 05/27 (Tue) *1:00am-*1:30am TV Tokyo Vampire Knight

*1.7% (*2.3%) 05/28 (Wed) *6:00pm-*6:30pm TV Tokyo Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's

*1.6% (*2.2%) 06/02 (Mon) *2:00am-*2:30am TV Tokyo Nabari no Ou -NABARI-

*1.3% (*2.9%) 05/31 (Sat) *2:25am-*2:55am TBS Itazura na Kiss

*1.3% (*1.7%) 05/30 (Fri) *2:15am-*2:45am TV Tokyo Soul Eater Late Show

*1.2% (*1.7%) 06/02 (Mon) *2:30am-*3:00am TV Tokyo Neo Angelique Abyss

*1.2% (*2.0%) 05/27 (Tue) *2:00am-*2:30am TV Tokyo Monochrome Factor

:( WHAT THE FREAK DOES JAPAN WANT THEN? :p

Edited by MisaForever

I knew that blade in the VF-27's shield would extend forward :)

The ratings make total sense.

Episode 7 was wall to wall action and generated a surge of popularity via word of mouth.

Episode 8 now benefits from a huge audience that heard all the great things about episde 7 and decided to tune in.

Episode 9 drops off because Episode 8 wasn't the big bombastic battle show that people were lead to believe.

And yes, television viewers are just that fickle :)

:( WHAT THE FREAK DOES JAPAN WANT THEN? :p

Obviously they don't want what was on last week by those ratings.

This kinda says something:

A 2.6% drop? On a Sunday show. In the morning slots. I don't think Japan was watching too much TV last week.

15.2% (16.3%) 06/01 (Sun) *6:30pm-*7:00pm Fuji TV Sazae-san

Sazae-san took a 1.1% slap to the face last week as well. So I think the numbers are consistent. People just didn't want to watch TV last week

It would be nice to get some full page scans of Newtype to update the Compendium with.

Upon looking at those pictures, it sure looks like the VF-27 transforms almost identical to the VF-25.

But with such a big gun, it can't possibly be good for short-middle range combat unlike the VF-25's rifle.

Doesn't the VF-27 remind you of the SR-71 Blackbird?

Upon looking at those pictures, it sure looks like the VF-27 transforms almost identical to the VF-25.

But with such a big gun, it can't possibly be good for short-middle range combat unlike the VF-25's rifle.

Doesn't the VF-27 remind you of the SR-71 Blackbird?

I tend to believe the VF-27 is an interceptor and anti-capship fighter. Not a meat and potatoes fighter the VF-25 is.

I tend to believe the VF-27 is an interceptor and anti-capship fighter. Not a meat and potatoes fighter the VF-25 is.

I agree.

On another note I was sure the transformation was the same, seems to be true. I like that big gun, but definitely not good if Brera is going to be dogfighting Alto, make he'll get another gun? I really like that wrist/shield blade thing the VF-27 has, I was originally hoping for something like that on the VF-25, but hey got a tradition handle knife instead.

That makes sense considering its speed and the fact that it seemed to have a rough time in hand to hand. Plus that BFG it sports seems over kill to use on a fighter.

What, I thought that since episode 8, we should have a clear idea of what Japanese people really want? :p

It seems that gg is dropping Macross Frontier.

[19:13] *** now talking in #gg

[19:13] *** topic is STATUS: R2 dropped due to TL /ragequit and gb2 World of Warcrack. (P.S. - koda left cause Jaka pissed her off) | dropping macross f as well fart you world | notsol will translate hentai for gg | CURRENTLY UNDER REORGANIZATION(NEW MANAGEMENT) | (@notsol) if anyone has hentai suggestions they want subbed lemme know || Quitting capping, gl hf.

I knew that blade in the VF-27's shield would extend forward :)

The ratings make total sense.

Episode 7 was wall to wall action and generated a surge of popularity via word of mouth.

Episode 8 now benefits from a huge audience that heard all the great things about episde 7 and decided to tune in.

Episode 9 drops off because Episode 8 wasn't the big bombastic battle show that people were lead to believe.

And yes, television viewers are just that fickle :)

The thing is with Gundam SEED the big battle episodes got high ratings and the ones after dropped, I think most people watching these shows so late at night know what's going to be in the episode too... I mean if I'm going to stay up to 2am to watch something I'll definitely look up what's going to be in it. Also going by this theory than episode 4 caused a rating drop that took until episode 8 to recover and episode 4 was a great mix of everything.

From here...

^_^

I meant in the transformation, not stylistically...

I'll have to wait for clearer pictures, but I don't see the white shoulder markings on the dorsal or ventral surfaces. Of course, if the intakes stay on the chest instead of the legs, then there may be some more areas in there for shoulder armor.

On another note...

Am I the only one who thinks about Gatchaman when I see the VF-19S?