Macross Frontier News Thread II *Read 1st post*

azrael

Yoko Kanno has never disappointed me before.

Well she has utterly disappointed me in Darker Than Black, I gave it one listen and tried to listen for the second time then I ditched it :lol:

The torrents don't have seeders where I'm downloading. Only the booklet is downloading! Total failure. :c

That sucks. I've never heard her Darker Than Black stuff.

Just her GITS:SAC, Cowboy Bebop, Turn-A Gundam, M+, and Aquarion OST's.

Just got news from Amazon Japan that my OST has shipped by FedEx. Should have it in the next day or two.

Graham

Same here Graham I am extremely excited. I have a friend who is going to be picking up my Macross F Blu-ray since he will be coming back from studying abroad.

That sucks. I've never heard her Darker Than Black stuff.

Just her GITS:SAC, Cowboy Bebop, Turn-A Gundam, M+, and Aquarion OST's.

Then it's all good, don't listen to Darker than Black please XD By the way, I already have the download via direct download. Only it's APE. And it's huge. I'm not a fan of downloading them music in large files :p

Then it's all good, don't listen to Darker than Black please XD By the way, I already have the download via direct download. Only it's APE. And it's huge. I'm not a fan of downloading them music in large files :p

Yeah, big files may be a bother to download. But I much prefer it to the alternative -- letting someone else choose the bitrate. I prefer to download the lossless file, and then encode with LAME to mp3. Can't stand the 320 kbps CBR posts -- quicker to download, but a waste of space on my portable player and for 99.99% of people.

Escaflowne is also HIGHLY worth your time and money.

Double that -- one of the greatest anime soundtracks of all time. Though I don't know if I would think so if I hadn't also seen the anime...

Escaflowne, Macross Plus and Brain Powered are my "holy trinity" of Kanno works.

Well she has utterly disappointed me in Darker Than Black, I gave it one listen and tried to listen for the second time then I ditched it :lol:

I watched the first 14 episodes and listened to the first OST for DTB, was my biggest disappointment of last year in terms of anime music. The only track I really liked wasn't even on the OST :\ I've heard the music gets better in the second half of the show, I just haven't got around to watching it yet. But even if the second half really picks up musically it's kinda pointless with no 2nd ost coming out :\ No 2nd ost for Taku Iwasaki's Kekkaishi score as well :( wtb Gen Shishio's theme....

So funny set from OST

1、

OST.06, Triangler「トライアングラー」

The THEME of MBS Drama "Triangler", the Drama which portrays the love story of Hikaru, Misa and Minmay in The First Space War.

This song by the New Zentraedi songstress, Maaya Sakamoto(サカモト・マーヤ)

2、

OST.21, Aimo Bird Man 「アイモ〜鳥のひと」

It is MOVIE " Bird Human"(バードヒューマン) ED.

= =

p.s.

The OST name Nyan FRO(娘フロ) is NyanNyan Frontier(娘々フロンティア)'s abbreviation.

= =

Edited by kresphy

Anyway I found the current top 50 Oricon chart singles for this year on www.jpopmusic.com, both Frontier singles are placed in the top 50.

42 *,*75,026 *12,630 Don't be late/Diamond Crevesse starring May'n 08/05/08

Don't Be Late is still hanging around the 8-15 mark on the daily charts, guess it will finish up at around 90-95k while Triangler finishes at around 80k.

This weeks sales *13 **7,645 starring May'n

So now it's up to 82.5k, should definitely break 90k but probably fall short of the 100k mark. Wonder how well the album will sell...

This weeks sales *13 **7,645 starring May'n

So now it's up to 82.5k, should definitely break 90k but probably fall short of the 100k mark. Wonder how well the album will sell...

Don't you think the singles will sell better now after the OST has been released?

So funny set from OST

1、

OST.06, Triangler「トライアングラー」

The THEME of MBS Drama "Triangler", the Drama which portrays the love story of Hikaru, Misa and Minmay in The First Space War.

This song by the New Zentraedi songstress, Maaya Sakamoto(サカモト・マーヤ)

= =

That is way too cool. Deculture! Go Maaya!

I'm listening to the OST 1 now, I'm only on the second song but it rocks so far! I love the intro (Frontier 2059). The best part is half of this we haven't heard before.

I don't even believe there is a proposed season 2 for Frontier... as much as we would all love it, it is still just 25 or 26 episodes as far as I know.

A question to the Gundam 00 fans.

Was that show initially announced as having 2 seasons or was the number mentioned at all?

Not a Gundam 00 fan but I do believe that the announcement of a second season came shortly after the end of 00, which was the same deal with Seed.

By the virtue of it being a Gundam series the production would have left a opening for a second season. Seed Destiny is a good example which by all intent and purpose should have been done by the end of Seed(and according to many should left it there rather than end up with a fanfic-like story of Destiny).

Not a Gundam 00 fan but I do believe that the announcement of a second season came shortly after the end of 00, which was the same deal with Seed.

By the virtue of it being a Gundam series the production would have left a opening for a second season. Seed Destiny is a good example which by all intent and purpose should have been done by the end of Seed(and according to many should left it there rather than end up with a fanfic-like story of Destiny).

Gundam 00 was announced from the start to be 2 seasons. It's Sunrise's new policy to split 50 episode shows into two 25 episode seasons with a 6 month gap since Code Geass to allow DVD sales to fund the second half.

I don't even believe there is a proposed season 2 for Frontier... as much as we would all love it, it is still just 25 or 26 episodes as far as I know.

My impression is that we don't know how many episodes it is going to be and that sites are just guessing. First some sites guest 13. Then after a few episodes some changed it to 26. I think they are keeping it quiet on purpose so they can extend it like other long series or just to keep people interested.

My impression is that we don't know how many episodes it is going to be and that sites are just guessing. First some sites guest 13. Then after a few episodes some changed it to 26. I think they are keeping it quiet on purpose so they can extend it like other long series or just to keep people interested.

Some places only list 13 episodes because that's all the info we have right now.

I think 26 was a number from an official source, i.e. official number. I don't have a clue what source though.. I heard it here where it was said to be official. Don't get me wrong, I'd love an extra season but I will be fine as long as there is at least the 25 or 26 they have said so far. Any less and it seems too short.

Wait a sec.

How many episodes count as one season for tv shows in Japan?

Going by J-doramas, usually 13. Anime "season" goes by 13 episode or 26 episode seasons but for clarity i'd go for 13 episodes. 13 episodes is about 3 months worth of broadcast time which equals to one season. (Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter releases)

Anyway for Frontier's episodes, i usually take ANN's encyclopedia as fact and it lists Frontier as 25 episodes.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...ime.php?id=8586

How many episodes count as one season for tv shows in Japan?

There's technically no real sense of a TV season like in the USA system. There are 4 seasons of broadcast ranges: Winter, Spring, Summer, Autumn. All are 3-month ranges. And there has been anime that has only aired 12-13 episodes for its entire season. Sentai and Kamen Rider run a new season every year. Some shows may have a season of only 12 or 13 episodes. Some may have for 25-26, 50-52, etc.