Macross Frontier News Thread II *Read 1st post*

azrael

I dunno, if this has been posted yet, but there is a new update for the Mecha section, which includes the VF-27, VB-6, Macross Quarter (kinda cool that is uses the flight deck like a shield...) and others...

http://macrossf.com/mechanic/mechanic.html

Updated the Compendium with the info (there's also character info). Grammar and translation checks still pending. Not much new info on the the VF-25. VF-27 only has a description with no specs. The Macross Quarter entry doesn't say anything about using the flight deck as a shield.

There is more than that, they added pages for the VF-25 F, G and RVF super packs, the Ghost from ep.1 deculture and the Destroid firefighter.

There is more than that, they added pages for the VF-25 F, G and RVF super packs, the Ghost from ep.1 deculture and the Destroid firefighter.

The Super Pack pages all say the same thing.

I still like the pictures though, that is the most important thing for me. Also I'm sure Mr March will like those pictures for the M3.

As for the BD discs, we still don't know if there is an English sub track. It could be something they are keeping quiet during the pre-order period. If word got out that there was an English track (assuming there is) then the pre-orders would get a boost but the profit margins would be poor since pre-orders tend to sell for less than release date orders.

Since we are in the same region on BD more then likely there will be subs in English. It also will sell copys and get around HG and their Macross monopoly.

The Macross Quarter entry doesn't say anything about using the flight deck as a shield.

Then why is it holding it like one in the pictures? Ep 7 showed them stowing it on the back, but in the pics it is being held like a sheild...

Since we are in the same region on BD more then likely there will be subs in English. It also will sell copys and get around HG and their Macross monopoly.

They want everyone to believe they have a monoply, all they actually own are half the international dist rights to the original series and the trademark to the "Macross" name in North America and possibly South America.

However, your point about the BD releases being able to sidestep any infringement C&D orders is absolutely correct. That is the main reason why I've pre-ordered the first disc on BD. I am hopeful they do have English subs at least for the release.

I suspect hoping for a dub is pie in the sky thinking at this point... ^_^

I said after last months newtype polls that Frontier would do better this month but not surpass Code Geass (which is massive among otaku in japan), here's some of this months poll results.

Anime top 20

#1 Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion R2

#2 Macross F (#4 last month)

#3 Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion

Male character top 10

#1 Lelouch

#3 Suzaku

#4 Alto (not in top ten last month)

#7 Gino

Female character top 10

#1 C.C.

#2 Kallen

#3 Sheryl Nome (#8 last month)

#4 Ranka Lee (#10 last month)

#9 Anya

#10 Nunnally

My bad Azrael, what I get for turning off my targeting computer.

FYI...

The official Japanese website of the Macross Frontier science-fiction anime series is streaming a dance choreography video for the entire "Interstellar Flight" song.

Full Article

HI all, first of all, sorry for my English, is not my first language.

I'm not used to post, I'm one of those who read in the shadow and don't post. :ph34r:

There is already a game of Macross Frontier, but is for cellphone http://www.macrossf.com/information/information.html read the post 2008/05/30

And speaking of games, in the shorts videos "Macross fufonfia" all character work in a video game company, I'm right? It could be some kind of "Signal"??? :blink:

Again..... Sorry for my English

It'd be nice to assume this would be true, but it isn't. There have been plenty of Japanese BD releases of stuff that's already been released in America, and it's vastly inconsistent. Some releases have English dubs, or no English at all, but even if they do include an English dub, they almost never have English subtitles. Even brand new releases like Gundam 00 and Code Geass R2 don't have them, so there's no reason to assume Frontier somehow will.

:D The deck markings on the Macross Quarter looks like a huge grafitti, very very cool.

Nice that they bring some info about Quarter, and its look like it doesn't have gerwalk mode :lol:

Now I hope they put some info about Galaxy ships.

HI all, first of all, sorry for my English, is not my first language.

I'm not used to post, I'm one of those who read in the shadow and don't post. :ph34r:

There is already a game of Macross Frontier, but is for cellphone http://www.macrossf.com/information/information.html read the post 2008/05/30

And speaking of games, in the shorts videos "Macross fufonfia" all character work in a video game company, I'm right? It could be some kind of "Signal"??? :blink:

Again..... Sorry for my English

No need to apologize for your English. It's not bad. And without even trying, I can think of at least one frequent poster whose English is so bad that in comparison it makes you look like you had a college major in the language.

:p

Unfortunately, while the fufonfia videos have been linked here before, I don't think anyone has taken the time to provide information as to what is going on in them.

No need to apologize for your English. It's not bad. And without even trying, I can think of at least one frequent poster whose English is so bad that in comparison it makes you look like you had a college major in the language.

:p

Stop talking about Heron like that! ^_^

According to MF blog, a special short movie "All that VF" highlighting all of the past Valkyries (commemorating the 25th anniversary) is being worked on. I'm not sure whether this is exclusive online content or something being shown at a special showing from the translations. The Macross Frontier vol. 1 or the Macross Zero Blu-Ray boxset will have a special application code/ticket which will allow you to access the application site. It appears to be a first-come/first-serve basis so reserve your spot ASAP.

Some screens:

ALLTHATVF003.jpgALLTHATVF004.jpg

According to MF blog, a special short movie "All that VF" highlighting all of the past Valkyries (commemorating the 25th anniversary) is being worked on. I'm not sure whether this is exclusive online content or something being shown at a special showing from the translations. The Macross Frontier vol. 1 or the Macross Zero Blu-Ray boxset will have a special application code/ticket which will allow you to access the application site. It appears to be a first-come/first-serve basis so reserve your spot ASAP.

That's beautiful!

Some screens:

ALLTHATVF003.jpgALLTHATVF004.jpg

QFT.

(Because beauty is truth, truth beauty.)

I probably won't be getting the Blu-Ray disc anytime soon, but perhaps someone finds some way to share this with the rest of us...

Not that I would condone such flagrantly illegal behavior, of course. :rolleyes:

those shots are just beautiful. this is just so torturing me.

man, if only those blu-rays have been confirmed with english subs i'd be on them in an instant <_<

Meh, forget the subs I say! I've already pre-ordered the first and second volume! One could always add the subs later and burn them to another Blu-ray disc.

If they're going through the effort to make models for all the past valkyries, they can show up in Frontier whether it be through old videos, flashbacks of scenes from previous series... :)

Mmmmm, and that means we'll be seeing the VF-11 again. That valkyrie looked absolutely beautiful in the opening of Macross VFX2. :D

They didn't necessarily say they are reanimating old VFs, they just might go through the history of all the Valks with older shots... don't get me wrong I really hope they reanimate all the VFs with new CGI like those screens which I agree with all are so beautiful!!! I want bigger pictures of those. I agree with Gubaba, I have a feeling somehow this will eventually find its way to Youtube or some such thing. Although I'd like to see it legitimately I don't have the money to be ordering DVDs and I don't do Blu-Ray right now anyway.

Damn, there I go possibly jumping the gun. :( I mistook the VF-25s flying in front of the VB-6 as VF-11s. DOH! :p I should have noticed the colors and Lucca's RVF-25 with the extra bits in fighter mode.

Edited by Sumdumgai

They didn't necessarily say they are reanimating old VFs, they just might go through the history of all the Valks with older shots... don't get me wrong I really hope they reanimate all the VFs with new CGI like those screens which I agree with all are so beautiful!!! I want bigger pictures of those. I agree with Gubaba, I have a feeling somehow this will eventually find its way to Youtube or some such thing. Although I'd like to see it legitimately I don't have the money to be ordering DVDs and I don't do Blu-Ray right now anyway.

Too bad bro. I spent only 98.00US$ on getting the Blu-Ray, OST and Ranka's single. Not too shabby! ^_^

Yeah, I can't spare that much and like I said I'm still in the Standard Definition age, no big HDTV in my home yet and certainly no Blu-Ray players.