Macross Frontier News Thread II *Read 1st post*

azrael

For the daily CDs ranking, the top spot is occupied by Superfly with 3324 units sold yesterday, so I suppose that if the Macross F OST 1 had tonnes of pre-orders, that should be easy to beat. The weekly rankings though is another story. Mihimarise is currently on top with 80332 cds in one week, and the Macross F singles did not even get close to that number in their debut.

So my prediction, it would debut #1 in Daily Ranking, and debut in #3 in Weekly Ranking. We get the album's daily figures tomorrow or the day after that I think?

I hope there is a second season for Macross Frontier. It is a nice mix of action and story. I am still waiting for my OST so I am trying to control myself and not DL it.

As long as they have planned for it and as long as there is a reason for it happening. Not like the episodes following Episode 27 of the original SDF:M series. I heard that they were not originally planned and I could believe it, with many of them being done by inferior animation studio's. The action was pretty anti-climactic as well.

Can anybody confirm or deny this story?

Taksraven

There's technically no real sense of a TV season like in the USA system. There are 4 seasons of broadcast ranges: Winter, Spring, Summer, Autumn. All are 3-month ranges. And there has been anime that has only aired 12-13 episodes for its entire season. Sentai and Kamen Rider run a new season every year. Some shows may have a season of only 12 or 13 episodes. Some may have for 25-26, 50-52, etc.

Wish we had broadcast ranges like that in Australia. We get the same crappy shows ALL YEAR. :angry:

Taksraven

3rd time I'm going to say this in the thread... lol

Macross Frontier = 9 Volumes

Volume 1 = Episode 1 32 Minute version + Deculture version

Volume 2-9 = 3 Episodes

8x3 = 24 + 1 = 25!

Macross Frontier = 25 Episodes!

Things can change, we assumed Kimikiss Pure Rogue was 25 episodes but it ended up being 24 + 1 DVD only episode.. but we got the episode count right on the dvds anyway... so Frontier could be 24 episodes + a dvd only episode...

As for a second season.. it's possible... the current pace of the first 9 episodes as well as the spoilers up to 13 isn't really touching the story issues yet.. Clannad sprang a second season announcement on the end of its last episode.. though everyone who played the game knew there was plenty of story to go... in the after school phase.

I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with a second season, 25 episodes would make this the shortest Macross tv series by 11 episodes.. if a lot of stuff is nowhere near being resolved at around 20/21 than I'll put my money on a second season.. after a timeskip.

Edited by Westlo

As long as they have planned for it and as long as there is a reason for it happening. Not like the episodes following Episode 27 of the original SDF:M series. I heard that they were not originally planned and I could believe it, with many of them being done by inferior animation studio's. The action was pretty anti-climactic as well.

Taksraven

I agree I don't want to have them keep pushing the series if there is no purpose. If it is neatly ended with no real openings for more beyond creating another series then leave it be. I know from my mentor in the film department most of the time Japan would Rather have a tie in series then keep going even if it is insanely popular. I imagine he would know considering he worked in distributing there.

Gundam 00 was announced from the start to be 2 seasons. It's Sunrise's new policy to split 50 episode shows into two 25 episode seasons with a 6 month gap since Code Geass to allow DVD sales to fund the second half.

Really? Wow. First I've heard of it. Then again, not a gundam fan, unless you count the Sentinel.

I suppose with the established franchise and the successes they had with the recent series (somewhat anyway, Destiny merchandise sales were much less than they were expecting) had convinced them to push thru with a planned 50 episode series.

As for the second series for Frontier. As far as we know the 25 episodes was the plan for the whole series' story arc. Of course that doesn't mean they end up creating another series after it if proven successful enough. The aforementioned Seed --> Seed Destiny for example.

What I really don't want is for the success forcing the production company to extend the run from the planned episode which could very well mean stretching the story and added filler episodes which ends up dragging the series. I think we can agree on that one.

Perhaps it would be a better question to ask is, how many epsiodes was Macross 7 originally planned for? Anyone?

ETA: damn, point beaten to the punch by darkrealmbahamut...

Edited by Strumvogel

I third this and then I suggest even Arjuna. Hate the anime, but the OST rocks.

FV

Yeah Kawamori lost the plot with Arjuna but Kanno's score is superb for it. Earth Resonance and Awakening are some highlights.

My copy of the OST is on the way to CT from YesAsia, but I couldn't resist downloading it in the meantime. And HOLY CRAP! This beats out all previous Macross series soundtracks for me. I absolutely LOVE just about every track. Serious shivers down the spine on some of these tunes. I can't wait for my CD to arrive!!! And bless Yoko Kanno for including fun things like the NYAN NYAN commercial and Carrots love you, yeah! Ha! I am SO looking forward to Welcome To My FanClub's Night! being performed in the show!

Edited by crasis

Well, speak of myself, I always prefer that a 25-episode (plus or minus 1) tv series works fine with me. I always felt Gundam 50-episode format sometimes give me the feeling that they spread the butter too thin ie. stretching the story for the sake of it and clip shows. And 13 episodes is really too short for to tell a good story, unless the director is a very good one. 25 episodes feels more moderate: not too short, but not too long. :)

Edited by Sulendil Ang

Not like the episodes following Episode 27 of the original SDF:M series. I heard that they were not originally planned and I could believe it, with many of them being done by inferior animation studio's. The action was pretty anti-climactic as well.

From what I understand the series was going to end abruptly had it not been extended. It was extended to bring a definite conclusion to the series, and to tie up all loose ends.

From what I understand the series was going to end abruptly had it not been extended. It was extended to bring a definite conclusion to the series, and to tie up all loose ends.

I dunno, surviving SW1 is a pretty climactic ending for any show...

Can we expect a 2nd soundtrack?

The question is not "Can we expect a 2nd soundtrack?", it's How many soundtracks of Macross Frontier will come out? :ph34r: The first OST covered about half of the anime. Sheryl can't sing the same songs over and over forever, and Ranka can't have only covers, CM jingles and a debut song.

FV

We're more than 1 third into MacF, if it is only going to run 1 season, and I'm seeing a lot of set-up and background and not much movement on anything I'd call a plot. I am really enjoying what I'm seeing but I'm getting a bit nervous that things maybe going Mac0-shaped....

I'm old fashioned I guess, but I want a story with a beginning, middle, and end.

Too early to panic but I am wondering where all this is going. There seem to be an awful lot of design and character building for something that's planned for only 20 odd episodes. I'm betting there will be sequels and follow-ups if not another season.

Here is something to think about, instead of a second season, after 25 episodes we may see things like that did with Mac7. I.E. an OVA follow up or extra episodes and I certainly won't discount the possibilities of a Macross Frontier movie.

Here is something to think about, instead of a second season, after 25 episodes we may see things like that did with Mac7. I.E. an OVA follow up or extra episodes and I certainly won't discount the possibilities of a Macross Frontier movie.

I was thinking the same. If not a second season they could easily invest in a movie or two.

Just two words: Planet Dance :lol:

She'll do Planet Dance all right, along with the rest Skull Squadron while riding a pink custom VF-25 "Sheryl Special". :ph34r:

She'll do Planet Dance all right, along with the rest Skull Squadron while riding a pink custom VF-25 "Sheryl Special". :ph34r:

Perhaps she'll do a duet with Basara who is only there because he got kicked off of City 7 due to his hair being too big.

Myebe this man is Bird Human's Director, George Yamamori(ジョージ・山森).

I think he is SK's Virtual characters in Macross F world.

EP.09

122AAE4019A4E74F69DB7616C54661B0_500.jpg

EP.10

story_pic_10_02.jpg

p.s.

マクロスソリッドアーカイブ BOX(Macorss Solid archive BOX)

http://www.amiami.com/shop/ProductInfo/product_id/98529

FIG-COL-0635.jpg

Edited by kresphy

Myebe this man is Bird Human's Director, George Yamamori(ジョージ・山森).

I think he is SK's Virtual characters in Macross F world.

Wow, nice catch! The face shape and jaw seem to match up, but it's hard to tell with that beard.

Light purple not pink as that seems to be her trademark colour.