Macross Frontier Episode 3 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 3 Rating  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How was Epsiode 3 (Rating)

• Positive (Shelters are a great place to get to know girls)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (I don't like jailbait or the Britney-wannabe)

I am loving where this new series is headed. After seeing episode 3, I do have a couple of questions.

1. How is it that Alto's 2 classmates are part of SMS and he is not? Did I miss something?

2. It is clear that SMS is a special military branch. How is it that it came into development?

I may be jumping the gun on some of these questions and if no one knows the answer, i hope they get answered in further episodes.

1) Alto transfered to pilot training mid-year and so missed the SMS selection process.

2) SMS is a private military company (like Blackwater), not part of the military.

Graham

My japanese ain't that good, could someone fill me in on what Alto and Ozuma are talking about in the hospital before Ozuma gets angry at Alto and his wound start to bleed again ?

If you've read the manga, it's basically the same thing that is said in that. Ozma and Ranka aren't related by blood since she lost everyone that was related to her to the Vajura. She also reacts very strongly whenever someone close to her is hurt. According to Canalia, she suffers from dissociative amnesia. Alto gets mad that Ozma is keeping the truth from her and that if it were him he'd rather know everything because he's sick of others controlling his fate.

My useless comment. I'm watching a lot of Anime, I mean, the regular weekly TV anime, and the graphic quality is really good. On the other hand, the story is a pale copy of the original Macross until now. I don't need the teaser to know what's next. Anyway, it's still one of the best anime of the April 08 season.

My useless comment. I'm watching a lot of Anime, I mean, the regular weekly TV anime, and the graphic quality is really good. On the other hand, the story is a pale copy of the original Macross until now. I don't need the teaser to know what's next. Anyway, it's still one of the best anime of the April 08 season.

So then, if you know what will happen next, please explain...what's the connection between Ranka and the Vajra? What do the Vajra want? What ARE they, anyway? And who's the bishie guy at the end of the OP?

"...According to Macross co-creator Shoji Kawamori, Ranka Lee's hair can move on its own since she is one-quarter Zentradi. There are some types of Zentradi whose parts of their heads move on their own, and some types whose hair moves like antennae. She inherited those genes...".

This is from the Macross Compendium Article of Ranka Lee...

It's not because of her hair that I think that Ranka could be a distant relative of Sheryl, but because of the effect she seems to have on the Vajra, and because we don't know anything about her biological family except that they're dead now.

I strongly recommend grabbing the raw and using the .ass files Gattai's been releasing.

The quality difference between the raws and the pre-subbed video files is huge.

And where might these be found? I can't seem to find any sort of website for Gattai.

So then, if you know what will happen next, please explain...what's the connection between Ranka and the Vajra? What do the Vajra want? What ARE they, anyway? And who's the bishie guy at the end of the OP?

I can't answer now, I don't know how to use the spoiler tags ;)

(And I still need to watch an english sub version, I can't understand long japanese dialogs)

I'm pretty sure the story will branch out and be its own later on. So far we've only been 3 episodes deep. There's plenty of episodes to come where they can make their own story. Right now they're doing pretty much homages to previous Macrosses, after all the people they want to make the happiest are the fans of the previous ones and what better way than to re-imagine the best parts of the past to get us hooked which they certainly have done.

I can pretty much imagine that there will be a Mega-battle towards the end with the protagonist speeding across peril and multiple missiles to finish off the yet an unrevealed antagonist in a Itano Circus flurry... all done to the background cinematic music sung by Lanka or hopefully a duet with Sheryl. A pretty much given formula in all Macross. Just because I've seen it all before doesn't mean that I'm not gonna watch it and be giddy waiting for it :D :D :D

If you've read the manga, it's basically the same thing that is said in that. Ozma and Ranka aren't related by blood since she lost everyone that was related to her to the Vajura. She also reacts very strongly whenever someone close to her is hurt. According to Canalia, she suffers from dissociative amnesia. Alto gets mad that Ozma is keeping the truth from her and that if it were him he'd rather know everything because he's sick of others controlling his fate.

Aha! I KNEW I heard "dissociative-something-or-other" in that conversation. lol Didn't catch amnesia, but after her reaction to seeing him hurt, I figured they meant some sort of mental problem.

Great, so the cute one has mental issues. What next? Is she gonna go berserk at some point and start whomping on the vajra in battle with crazy voice powers?? :ph34r:

Aha! I KNEW I heard "dissociative-something-or-other" in that conversation. lol Didn't catch amnesia, but after her reaction to seeing him hurt, I figured they meant some sort of mental problem.

Heh, you don't wanna know how many times I had to replay that part of the episode to finally realize she sad "dissociative amnesia" :lol:

Having watched the sub, I'm a little surprised they seem to be willing to give away the secret of the Varja so soon (sounds like next episode). And I think its pretty clear that Gilliam's body was recycled.

Nice to get some more info on Ranka and Ozma. Sounds like Ozma was a pilot in the fleet that Ranka and her family were a part of. After seeing her reaction in the shelter, I wonder if Ozma didn't find her all alone, drifting in an escape pod, clinging to the dead body of her mother or father.

Great, so the cute one has mental issues. What next? Is she gonna go berserk at some point and start whomping on the vajra in battle with crazy voice powers?? :ph34r:

Now you're being silly.

The rational and most realistic way, is to give her a customized VF-25 with a guitar control stick and speakers to attack the Vajra in space with.... :p

<_<

SWEET!

AiA has released their sub!

The waiting is now over... :D

Edited by Zinjo

I can't answer now, I don't know how to use the spoiler tags ;)

(And I still need to watch an english sub version, I can't understand long japanese dialogs)

Oh, sorry...I must've misunderstood you. I thought you said you knew what would happen since it was just a rehash of SDFM... :rolleyes:

Having watched the sub, I'm a little surprised they seem to be willing to give away the secret of the Varja so soon (sounds like next episode). And I think its pretty clear that Gilliam's body was recycled.

Nice to get some more info on Ranka and Ozma. Sounds like Ozma was a pilot in the fleet that Ranka and her family were a part of. After seeing her reaction in the shelter, I wonder if Ozma didn't find her all alone, drifting in an escape pod, clinging to the dead body of her mother or father.

I had a feeling they weren't related. Too bad; it would've been pretty cool if Alto's C.O.(possibly his senpai) was part Zentran.

Well just saw the episode :) I waited for the subs this time but it was worth it especially since there is so much info :)

There was less action this time but the little there was was pretty cool already.

That whole buns thing was very funny :lol: I thought Sheryl came definitly came better this time - and Ranka is juste the cutest thing :D

So as expceted Ozma was not Ranka's real brother - though I wonder what is the whole mysteri about Ranka. And that weird songs... now that' interesting ! I'm looking forward to seeing her doing (and probably winning) the Miss Macross Contest ^_^

So Alto is finally gonna join the SMS that's good ! Hopefully we will learn more about the Varja soon !

So well another very good episodes :) Can't wait for the next !

I wonder what Ozma was piloting 11 years ago.

Thunderbolt perhaps?

11 years before would make 2048 - by that time I would assume that the main UN fighter would be the VF-19 since it was supposed to replace the VF-11 in the army.

-Sergorn

I had a feeling they weren't related. Too bad; it would've been pretty cool if Alto's C.O.(possibly his senpai) was part Zentran.

All things considered, I would guess most people by 2059 have some Zentradi blood in them. There were what, 1 million humans left alive after Space War I? Cloning doesn't explain all of it, there must have been many inter-species unions to rebuild the population of not only Earth, but to populate the new space colonies.

ahh Spoiler alert lol

Alto is going to enter miss Macross undercover and he will win the contest DOHT!!! LOL J/K

Poor little Ranka

I have to say though that I have really been enjoying this new series and I am quit pleased with the way the story is going and its not to far off of what feels Macross.

As for the "LOBSTER" if I remember correctly in the scene when his head was sniped it look like it severed its own head too and it was a clean disconnection not the head disintegrating. So maybe it can detach its own limbs if it is prepared for it.

Edited by Darrtallion

I just saw the sub version of the episode and I must say that I am impressed. The scene where Ranka is singing moved Alto's heart and mine. By looking at Alto's face during that scene, he is cleary ready to give up his life, not only for being a pilot, but also to protect that little nice voice. :wub: Also, Alto joining the SMS is cool but no gravestone and no funeral from the fleet for dead SMS personal ... well that sucks. :mellow: But Alto is fine with it so ...

P.S.: Alto is right : Sheryl is a dirty exhibitionist. And she sucks too. So screw her and Ranka for the win.

Edited by Macross007

Nope it is not. Your thinking of a different file which notes that it is an audio rip. Just try the raw sites azrael listed and youll find it.

From Nyaa:

"Yep, full version! Ripped from the music video."

Its still a video rip.

From Nyaa:

Its still a video rip.

And among other things...

" This is a rip from gattai's video and transcoded into mp3, this is just somting to listen to untill the single is released." - Tokyo Toshokan

"These are rips from the the raw video of the anime and transcoded into mp3. nJoy, /Jelo" -- Tokyo Toshokan

"Consider these as temporary files until the official singles are released as they're just rips from the the raw video of the anime. /Jelo" -NyaaTorrents

We are waiting for the actual single, which will be release in the coming week. Everything out there right now is a rip of some video.

Since SMS isn't affiliated with the military do they carry the same rank specifications as NUNS?

1. Mikhail and Luca call Ozma "taijo". It was subbed as Captain.

2. Lt. Glass calls Ozma "shoshan". It was subbed as Major.

What rank is he?

From Nyaa:

Its still a video rip.

It is 5.47mb mp3 that is as clear as a cd and 4:47 in length, I have been listening to it and it seems awful good for a video rip but now that you pointed it out it does say its a music video rip.