Macross Frontier Episode 3 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 3 Rating  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How was Epsiode 3 (Rating)

• Positive (Shelters are a great place to get to know girls)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (I don't like jailbait or the Britney-wannabe)

Ummm... I hate to butt in, but no one is seeding the episode :blink:

I am! Along with 415 of my best buddies.

But I got the smaller version...only 297.6 MB, and the picture doesn't freeze. ^_^

I was wondering about Gilliam's body, too...I was expecting them to let him drift away in space, not drop him in the swimming pool...

Argh, I still can't figure out the lyrics for Aimo. Someone got a time machine to go into the future and get the official lyrics for me?

Only some of it is Japanese...the rest is...something else. (Protoculture? Zentradi? Mayan? Zolan? Supervision Army? Galactic Whale?)

Only some of it is Japanese...the rest is...something else. (Protoculture? Zentradi? Mayan? Zolan? Supervision Army? Galactic Whale?)

Yoko Kanno likes to use fake languages for some of her songs (Wanna Be An Angel from the Macross Plus movie is one of my favorite examples). I think I remember her joking once about the language for some of the Macross Plus songs being Zentraedi.

I am! Along with 415 of my best buddies.

But I got the smaller version...only 297.6 MB, and the picture doesn't freeze. ^_^

I was wondering about Gilliam's body, too...I was expecting them to let him drift away in space, not drop him in the swimming pool...

I am also seeding that version ^_^

Ranka's phone number is on the Philippines

Ozma (pronounced O-zu-ma, where the "O" sounds like a long "ah" ).

Darn posting late at night! (MBS - earlier Macross F broadcasting time slot? Hint! Hint!) I knew I was screwing up something. Yes, I was mixing Ozuma with a students name (Azumi).

Though, I always verbalize the Japanese "o" as the o in "go".

It is the New Class Macross Aircraft Carrier, however they might as well drop the "new" part since the class has been in service for about 20 years by 2059....

Just like New York city has been "new" for how many centuries?

Something to think about from Ep3. Mikhail clearly tore that lobster a new face butthole and yet amazingly the lobster managed to stay alive and escape. In Ep2 Ozuma took down the 1st lobster with a clean thrust to the neck with his blade and that took it down.

Somethings to ponder... could the Vajra lobster be an exosuit /powersuit/mecha withsomeone piloting it from the inside making destroying the head unit simply disrupting some of its sensors. Pretty much like how headshotting a Batroid doesn't necesarily mean terminating it. Perhaps the knife has an effect of disrupting the neural functions of the lobster terminating any motor abilities.

Then again could be over analyzing again and its all just part of Macross Magic.

Could have something to do with the blood loss - all the blood sprayed out in the knife attack, and the gun shot basically cautorized the wound (combined with freezing from being "outside". Nevertheless, I also do think that the red Vajra is some type of bio-mecha...

Edited by sketchley

another thing, at the end of episode two, we see at least something like 6 VF-25 take off, how come we only see Ozma, Michael and Luca, where did the others go?? and I was so happy to see the VF-171 engage, I actually cheered

At the end of episode 2 they were heading towards the horizon line of the planet. I'm not sure why they were heading there, and I thought it would lead into a "let's take it to the enemy's home base" action sequence in 3. Sadly, it didn't. Ozuma, being the last to launch is also the closest to the city ship. (I don't think this needs spoiler tags, as it's all info from episode 2).

Some additional dialogue translations:

During the opening fight, the VB-6 pilot says, "I'm ready to launch at any time." The dialogue between the captain and the comm. officer basically amounts to "can we launch it?", "the President hasn't given us permission."

Ozuma overhears, curses, and when Luca and Mikhail show up, says, "it's up to you guys!"

Luca tries to get a lock, but fails, "But it's not possible! This..." Mikhail, "I'll do it."

Alto recognizes Mihhail's VF-25, "Mikhail?" Mikhail, "him?! (that bastard?!"

After shooting the head off, Alto, "the party's over...?" Ozuma, "good job, Mikhail." Mikhael, "no problem, it was easy (or something similarly aloof,) squad leader." Ozuma, "<laugh> After, you'll get a lot of (beer/spirits)"

When the Red Vajra reawakes and goes berserk, Ozuma "ow", Luca "squad leader!"

When the Vajra smashes the dome, SHeryl cries out, "stop it already!" (her being a controlling diva, or actually in the know about the Vajra?)

When the VF-171's show up, Luca (or is it Mikhail?) says something along the lines of "it's the military/incoming are the military", to which Ozuma replies, "they're late/slow!"

Edited by sketchley

I am also seeding that version ^_^

Ranka's phone number is on the Philippines

Well in that case, I'm gonna be visiting her house now!!!! :ph34r:

*** Proceeds to hijack Ozma's VF-25 (w/ Heavy Armour Pack) for protection against irate/jealous MWers not living in the Philippines. *** :p

Edited by grss1982

Just watched and :wub:'d ^_^ Even though I still don't know what most of the dialogue was (like 98% of it) it was still great and I can't wait to see a sub! :D

Now for my comments...

UUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! PLEASE TELL ME THAT LEON ISN'T GLASS-CHUUI'S SIGNIFICANT OTHER!!! He's freakin' UGLY!!! And stupid :p She can do better. :D

And Ranka is so cute!!!! I loved her facial expressions and all. ^_^

Edited by MisaForever

UUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! PLEASE TELL ME THAT LEON ISN'T GLASS-CHUUI'S SIGNIFICANT OTHER!!! He's freakin' UGLY!!! And stupid :p She can do better. :D

And Ranka is so cute!!!! I loved her facial expressions and all. ^_^

Maybe she's just using him to get inside access to SMS? Or maybe she's been put in a situation where she cannot make trouble between the NUNS and SMS, thus refusing his advances means making trouble for her job. In this case, it's power harrassment... we'll see how this develops.

Could have something to do with the blood loss - all the blood sprayed out in the knife attack, and the gun shot basically cautorized the wound (combined with freezing from being "outside". Nevertheless, I also do think that the red Vajra is some type of bio-mecha...

I tend to agree. I also believe the hammerheads are actual mecha, when Michel hit them they make a bit of a metallic clang and then begin to spark till they explode, while the Lobsters just tend to "die". If the lobsters are indeed bio-mecha and the cockpit is

not in the head, then what happened to the pilot of the one that Qzma cut?

Judging by the type of damage done by Michel's weapon, I am beginning to think his gun is a miniaturized buster (macross) cannon similar to the type the attacker mode of the NMC aircraft carriers use. We've been told from various sources that it is not as powerful as the original, but it did the job. Now if they managed to miniaturize it, it could be a formidable long range weapon.

I also wonder if the variable we see in the openning credits is actually a Pixie squadron fighter or is it the Galaxy Fleet's SMS test fighter? I can't shake this feeling that this is going to be full of political intrigue as well as alien busting.

captured some pics...

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/6809/armorym1.jpg

Armor looks alot like Southern Cross huh? esp the chest part... although i'd hate to relate Macross to SC as in robotech... Noticed an animation inconsistency - as u can see here Cathy wearing her pouch on her right thigh, but in the prev/next scene she wears it on her left thigh like those in the background :p

I get the feeling BW and Bandai are flipping HG the bird.... :lol: I wonder if something is up?

Another great episode!

The only complaint I have is the weird lighting effects they had going for Alto, Sheryl, and Ranka. I'm guessing that they were going for a "sweaty" effect that didn't work out exactly right.

I love the way that the Ranka/Alto interactions tend to bring out Alto's soft side. He seems to be much more cheerful when the two of them are talking in normal situations.

I'm finding that I'm really liking Ranka more and more with each episode. She's easily my favorite character in the show.

Was the scene in the VF-1 supposed to take place within this episode or after? If it was supposed to happen during this episode, I'm actually glad that the scene wasn't included.

great episode!!

need the subs, Rankas song is very soothing

in the scene where they 'bury' Guilliam, is it some kind of stasis pool or what??, by the way how did they recover Guilliams body so neatly, the dude was squeesch to death

Dude! It was the "traditional burial at sea"...

Granted in most scifi shows they shoot the corpse out into space, but hey Frontier has a sea, so they tossed him into the drink as per tradition... A bit odd looking, but the sentiment was pretty clear to me... ^_^

Was the scene in the VF-1 supposed to take place within this episode or after? If it was supposed to happen during this episode, I'm actually glad that the scene wasn't included.

It appears the Manga covers 2 episodes per issue, so any Valkyrie action won't take place until about episode 5, maybe 6...

Edited by Zinjo

Well in that case, I'm gonna be visiting her house now!!!! :ph34r:

*** Proceeds to hijack Ozma's VF-25 (w/ Heavy Armour Pack) for protection against irate/jealous MWers not living in the Philippines. *** :p

Don't worry...there's quite a few of us how live in same city as Minmay's voice.

(Actually, two of Minmay's voices... http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=9275 )

Anyway, that's good enough for me. You can have Ranka's number. And remember, she won't be born until 2043...jailbait on a whole new level...

Just like New York city has been "new" for how many centuries?

Fair enough, where is the "Macross Aircraft Carrier"? There is the SDF-1 Macross, but it was an SDF class battleship, was it not?

There is a "York" city, hence the name "New York", there is a country called "Mexico", hence the name "New Mexico", there is an Orleans city, hence the name "New Orleans", etc... :p

Yet no Macross Class Aircraft carrier, on the SDF class.... :blink:

Unlike some cutesy girls in anime, I don't think Ranka could ever annoy me. She's just cute in the right ways. ^_^

I think that with Ranka they get the right balance between "cute" and "troubled past" to make her an interesting character. Otherwise she would be annoying.

Also, I don't think that Gilliam was dumped in water or the colony's food supply. I think that he may have been dumped into the liquid they use to create clones and/or to resize Zentradi. A substance that may be like the LCL on Evangelion. Just my theory anyway.

I was also wondering, does anybody have any idea of what percentage of the "human" population in the Macross Universe ARE clones. I think that clones would have been required to help fill the colony ships.

Taksraven

Maybe she's just using him to get inside access to SMS? Or maybe she's been put in a situation where she cannot make trouble between the NUNS and SMS, thus refusing his advances means making trouble for her job. In this case, it's power harrassment... we'll see how this develops.

I take it that you're joking. Cathy is NUNS President's daughter, and she doesn't seem the type can be forced. She definitely loves Leon.

I take it that you're joking. Cathy is NUNS President's daughter, and she doesn't seem the type can be forced. She definitely loves Leon.

Are you saying that she was NOT trying to resist him. For some reason what he did was at least inconvenient for her. Certainly not rape, but still......

It certainly wasn't a "no means yes" situation.

Taksraven

I would think she'd take Ozma over the guy with the foo-foo haircut any day, but oh well, such is life...

Anyway...looks like we have the makings of a second love triangle here... :ph34r: