Macross Frontier Episode 3 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 3 Rating  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How was Epsiode 3 (Rating)

• Positive (Shelters are a great place to get to know girls)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (I don't like jailbait or the Britney-wannabe)

Yeah, I got the same vibe. I think it was the scene at the top of the hill which did it for me.

Great episode, loved the fan service antics and character development.

Another great epsode, can't wait for the sub to fill in some more of Ranka's background. Classic moment,

when they are in the mini-shelter, an explosion knocks Sheryl over, causing her to crack Alto across the face. When she gets up, her top is down, showing off her goodies (to them, not to us). She grins at Alto, before giving him a second crack across the face!

There's a real Plus vibe to this episode.

Another great epsode, can't wait for the sub to fill in some more of Ranka's background. Classic moment,

when they are in the mini-shelter, an explosion knocks Sheryl over, causing her to crack Alto across the face. When she gets up, her top is down, showing off her goodies (to them, not to us). She grins at Alto, before giving him a second crack across the face!

There's a real Plus vibe to this episode.

Yeah, the antics were pretty good in this episode.

Sheryl actually teases Alto with an offer of service by saying he could use the memory of her goodies "for tonight only"

:lol: Of course she immediately tells him that she wasn't serious after Alto and Ranka react.

Lets not forget that Lanka too shows her buns... albeit the edible and more delicious kind

:D

Suddenly I've got an urge for some dimsum

Yet again another entertaining episode. Animation for Lanka at some parts were a bit wonky though.

So far this series is really impressing me on the soundtrack department. I can see them milking us with multiple cd's.

Can't wait as well for the sub for the stuff I can't quite pick out.

I was kinda relieved that the "stuck in the escape pod intimate moment" was a short one. I didn't like that episode in SDF:M where it felt like it dragged on too long.

captured some pics...

poor alto - being punched and slapped all the time...

:p

Some pics of the green and blue valks:

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/839/vf25ekq0.jpg

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/1221/vf25greenmw1.jpg

There's no gun pod for the green vf-25?!!?!

Mikhail uses the harpoon(?) to anchor himself for a shot on the red vajra. (harpoon shoots from the middle part - anime magic? :lol: )

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/5539/vf25bluedf1.jpg

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/808/vf2...esnipingib8.jpg

Ranka's personal details (birthday soon... altho she wont be born for another 35 years? :p )

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/9590/ra...records1fm7.jpg

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/2293/ranzosatomekd8.jpg

Kabuki - Ranzo Satome someone closely related to Alto i suppose. There's also a pic suggesting Phantom of the Opera at the bottom of this "ad".

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/6809/armorym1.jpg

Armor looks alot like Southern Cross huh? esp the chest part... although i'd hate to relate Macross to SC as in robotech... Noticed an animation inconsistency - as u can see here Cathy wearing her pouch on her right thigh, but in the prev/next scene she wears it on her left thigh like those in the background :p

Edited by Shun

I was kinda relieved that the "stuck in the escape pod intimate moment" was a short one. I didn't like that episode in SDF:M where it felt like it dragged on too long.

awww on the other hand i was hoping for a similar longer isolation for the trio. Its a rare chance for them to get to know each other better. But then again, this might turn out to be too much of a repeat of SDFM.

Kabuki - Ranzo Satome someone closely related to Alto i suppose. There's a pic suggesting Phantom of the Opera at the bottom of this "ad".

I am assuming (possibly wrongly

:p) that its his older brother. If I recall correctly, his family was not happy with Alto's change in career choice.

I am assuming (possibly wrongly

:p) that its his older brother. If I recall correctly, his family was not happy with Alto's change in career choice.

I don't have the episode with me, but if I remember right, Ranzou is Alto's father's name. Alto is also the eldest son so I'm sure there is tons of pressure on him to continue in the family career.

Before we get carried away, have we established Skull Leader's name as Ozma or Azuma? If I recall correctly on Episode 2, 'Ozma Lee' was clearly stenciled under the canopy of SMS 001.

Also, I don't know if anyone noticed, in the first frame of Episode 3, you can read the description of each colony fleet. The Megaroads are designated as 'Super Dimension Fortress' while M-Frontier is designated as 'New Macross Class Aircraft Carrier'. I saw this on Episode 1 as well and it also appeared above M-Galaxy's designation.

Can anyone confirm this?

Edited by Project Phoenix

Before we get carried away, have we established Skull Leader's name as Ozma or Azuma? If I recall correctly on Episode 2, 'Ozma Lee' was clearly stenciled under the canopy of SMS 001.

Ozma (pronounced O-zu-ma, where the "O" sounds like a long "ah" ).

Megaroad Class-> Megaroad Class (SDF)

http://macross.anime.net/wiki/Megaroad_Class

Also, I don't know if anyone noticed, in the first frame of Episode 3, you can read the description of each colony fleet. The Megaroads are designated as 'Super Dimension Fortress' while M-Frontier is designated as 'New Macross Class Aircraft Carrier'. I saw this on Episode 1 as well and it also appeared above M-Galaxy's designation.

Can anyone confirm this?

It is the New Class Macross Aircraft Carrier, however they might as well drop the "new" part since the class has been in service for about 20 years by 2059.... :rolleyes: The aircraft carrier was called the Battle 7 in Mac 7. Whereas In MacF it appears that the Battleship is called either "M-25" or "Macross 25", while the City portion is called "Island 1". The whole ship, including all the pill ships attached is called the "Frontier".

Confusing? It can be if you don't pay attention... :p

Edited by Zinjo

This eposide got some great LOL moments! :lol: After all the action the slower pace feels a little dissapointing but the show is actually going for great characterization. Ranka's messed up past, Alto and his kabuki problem, and Sheryl the bitchy idol that actually has a sweet fun side. They seemed kind of cliched at first but they work so well together on this ep. Can't wait for the next!

Something of a downshift in the action department, but that's fine.

Again, it's the little details that get me...

Especially the floating droplets of blood in Ozma's cockpit.

The Vajra's head getting shot. Man, I almost cheered.

Kathy's armor looked pretty cool...but what's going on between her and the guy with the foo-foo haircut?

GRIFFITH OBSERVATORY! WOOT!!

And I'm glad I looked at the comic, or else I would've thought that Miria was coming back in the episode...

And, as someone else pointed out: Ranka's buns...yummy!

Something to think about from Ep3. Mikhail clearly tore that lobster a new face butthole and yet amazingly the lobster managed to stay alive and escape. In Ep2 Ozuma took down the 1st lobster with a clean thrust to the neck with his blade and that took it down.

Somethings to ponder... could the Vajra lobster be an exosuit /powersuit/mecha withsomeone piloting it from the inside making destroying the head unit simply disrupting some of its sensors. Pretty much like how headshotting a Batroid doesn't necesarily mean terminating it. Perhaps the knife has an effect of disrupting the neural functions of the lobster terminating any motor abilities.

Then again could be over analyzing again and its all just part of Macross Magic.

GRIFFITH OBSERVATORY! WOOT!!

You know, its funny... as he was going through the city and we were seeing all the sites, and then up on the hill, the first thought that popped into my mind was "GTA Frontier"

:lol:

Edited by Duke Togo

I have to disagree with those who are disappointed over the action-liteness of this episode. I think we saw a much more involved story, like those we saw in the days of SDF:M. Over all I think the combination of action, drama, comedy and music really set the bar high on this episode. Looking forward to the next one and the sub.

something else that I'm enjoying very much is all this hand to hand combat between Ozma and the red monster, makes the battroid more useful

by the way, Luca seems useless, 2 episodes and he hasn't fired a single shot at anything, maybe he's still waiting for Ozma to give him some candy, haha

another thing, at the end of episode two, we see at least something like 6 VF-25 take off, how come we only see Ozma, Michael and Luca, where did the others go?? and I was so happy to see the VF-171 engage, I actually cheered

Edited by Valkyrie addict

great episode!!

need the subs, Rankas song is very soothing

in the scene where they 'bury' Guilliam, is it some kind of stasis pool or what??, by the way how did they recover Guilliams body so neatly, the dude was squeesch to death

Well, actually we only see his face here, so maybe they only recovered his head (poor guy...)

By the way, music is fantastic. Yoko Kanno rules!

Edited by Nexx Stalker

in the scene where they 'bury' Guilliam, is it some kind of stasis pool or what??,

Soylent green

:ph34r: :ph34r:

Good episode, I might be mistaken but

Cornelia is VB-6 pilot and also SMS medical doctor at the same time?

And what is the relation between

Oberstein aka Leon

with Cathy anyway?

Going from the top of my head here:

Cut to the female NUNS officer in the government building and talking to the SMS rep. who's been seen talking to the Colony President. She mistakenly calls him by his first name, and he says it's now 10:00:30, 30 seconds after he's become a civilian again (ie: his job's finished). He stands up, moves in, licks her lips, and starts kissing her. She protests, but I think it's the kind of where people protest, but really don't want you to stop.

Lt. Kathy/Cathy Glass????

:blink:

Never have I wanted to be fluent in Japanese more than this moment! What an incredible episode, even with my limited understanding of the dialog. I have to say, this show may just have the most impressive soundtrack of ANY Macross show. I was seriously moved by Ranka's song. Definitely a strong Plus vibe here.

*Evil laughter is heard before the death of VFTF1* :ph34r:

MisaForever licks lips after successful kill. :wacko:

All kidding aside....

WTF!!!?? Why is there a red Q-Rau??? Or is that the Zentraedi Captian K.K. or whatever her name was???