Heath Ledger Dead?

obakesan

OMG. Horrible news.

Actor Heath Ledger Dead At 28

Sources: Death May Be Drug-Related; Pills Found Scattered In NYC Residence

NEW YORK (CBS) ― Heath Ledger, who was nominated for an Oscar for his performance in the critically-acclaimed movie Brokeback Mountain, has died, sources tell CBS 2.

The Australian born actor was just 28.

He was pronounced dead at 3:26 p.m. in his downtown Manhattan residence by his housekeeper, who discovered him in cardiac arrest and called 911, an NYPD spokesperson says. He was apparently scheduled to have a massage in his apartment this afternoon.

Sources tell CBS 2's Scott Weinberger the death may be drug-related and that there were pills scattered around the room.

Ledger had recently separated from his wife, actress Michelle Williams. The couple have one daughter, Matilda.

He is appearing in the next installment of the "Batman" movie opposite Christian Bale as the infamous "Joker" and was in the midst of filming "The Imaginarium Of Dr. Parnassus."

Other well-known films Ledger appeared in include "The Patriot," "A Knight's Tale," and "Monster's Ball."

Ledger would have turned 29 on April 4.

Stay with wcbstv.com and CBS 2 for the latest in his developing story.

I bet Terry Gilliam is just about ready to hang up his hat for good after this. (first LaMancha never happened due to a series of unfortunate events, and now Ledger dies while filming Imaginarium)

I can't say I was a fan of HL, but I still find his death tragic.

That is very sad indeed.

I feel so bad for his daughter and her mom.

Very tragic and so young.

Pills scattered would usually indicate intentional overdose but it may just be some sort of coincidence. Maybe he was taking his medication when he had the heart attack and then just dropped the whole bottle?

Rest in peace. . .

Pills scattered would usually indicate intentional overdose but it may just be some sort of coincidence. Maybe he was taking his medication when he had the heart attack and then just dropped the whole bottle?

Rest in peace. . .

Well that was unexpected....It could be possible that he went into cardiac arrest while taking whatever pills he had but will have to wait for the autopsy report.

??? it's coming out that the apartment belonged to mary-kate olsen... and that the police are saying it IS a suicide now. Such a sad turn.

Are you for serious???

yeah, that's what is being reported on cinematical.com.

Wow........you know of course that we will NEVER know the WHOLE TRUTH.

:ph34r:

Wow........you know of course that we will NEVER know the WHOLE TRUTH.

tmz.com is refutting the mary-kate olsen connection and they're saying it WAS an accidental overdose. They're also saying Heath had a substance abuse problem.

tmz.com is refutting the mary-kate olsen connection and they're saying it WAS an accidental overdose. They're also saying Heath had a substance abuse problem.

This story will change over and over again. I would like to know the truth...but.... :ph34r:

yeah, I was just thinking how sad that even in death, some people can't get any peace.

True.....when you're someone of some importance.......it will be far from now before peace will arrive.

Edited by misterryno

Sad...Only 28 and gone...He was pretty good with acting too.... :(

Just think......it could happen to anyone of us.....I am going to be 29 come march......but no one would give a second look since I am just an average joe (ryan). :ph34r:

??? it's coming out that the apartment belonged to mary-kate olsen... and that the police are saying it IS a suicide now. Such a sad turn.

Wow, I saw her in LA a few weeks ago at a club and she looked pretty trashed. She also seems like a sad character. I feel bad.

Wow, I saw her in LA a few weeks ago at a club and she looked pretty trashed. She also seems like a sad character. I feel bad.

HIJACK...

I don't know if I can feel bad for anyone who can control but does'nt control their intake of drugs (boozes, pills, etc.)

Just think......it could happen to anyone of us.....I am going to be 29 come march......but no one would give a second look since I am just an average joe (ryan). :ph34r:

Yeah, it could happen to any one of us... with substance abuse problems, if he did in fact OD. Since Ledger was my age, I'm going to assume we watched the same shows, and say that maybe he should have listened to those G.I. Joe PSAs.

Hollywood's gotta find some new hobbies.