Heath Ledger Dead?

obakesan

Sad, a good actor gone. Reminds me a lot of Brandon Lee, the Crow would have made him a star, Heath already was near stardom but not well known as of yet (until now), The Dark Knight may have changed all that.

RIP Heath.

Except the difference between Brandon and Heath is that Brandon was killed :angry: . Damn "Lee Curse"....at least that is what they say.

I would charge those who think suicide is stupid and selfish to re-evalutate their views. Most everyone who kills themselves conciously have severe problems connecting with others and the disconnect with the world around them makes it natural for them to leave it.

I would charge those who think suicide is stupid and selfish to re-evalutate their views. Most everyone who kills themselves conciously have severe problems connecting with others and the disconnect with the world around them makes it natural for them to leave it.

sure, if you're completely disconnected, and no one will care if you die, knock yourself out. Hell even if it's just other adults that might miss you, it's your life do as you want. I'm actually a big supporter of legal and assisted suicide.

But if you have a freakin toddler daughter, grow a pair and deal with your problems. You're her parent, you revoked your "socially acceptable" reasons for killing yourself when she was born.

Sounds like his anti-anxiety pills and sleeping pills didn't mix. No signs of illegal drugs.

that's a damn shame. always tell your doc what meds you're on. if the doc knew what he was on, this will be a real bitch for that guy.

sure, if you're completely disconnected, and no one will care if you die, knock yourself out. Hell even if it's just other adults that might miss you, it's your life do as you want. I'm actually a big supporter of legal and assisted suicide.

But if you have a freakin toddler daughter, grow a pair and deal with your problems. You're her parent, you revoked your "socially acceptable" reasons for killing yourself when she was born.

I must say Nor....I'm with you on this one. If you have someone in your life that you may play a VERY important role in his/her life. Then you need to get your $hit together and start facing reality.

:ph34r:

well... there's a difference guys. If you're self medicating due to an underlying disorder.. like being bipolar, or being clinically depressed... you probably don't have the ability to get yourself into help.

On the other hand, you're just bored and have lots of money and you flush your life away, then frak you.

In this case, it looks like Heath KNEW he had a problem and his friends are saying he had been clean/sober for the past year. So it *seems* like he was getting his poo together.

well... there's a difference guys. If you're self medicating due to an underlying disorder.. like being bipolar, or being clinically depressed... you probably don't have the ability to get yourself into help.

On the other hand, you're just bored and have lots of money and you flush your life away, then frak you.

In this case, it looks like Heath KNEW he had a problem and his friends are saying he had been clean/sober for the past year. So it *seems* like he was getting his poo together.

Oh...I understand that mate.....I am just saying that if you have someone that may depend on you like a child.....you should try as frickin hard as you can to do the RIGHT thing and not off yourself. Of course.....we will never know wether or not this was suicide or not. :ph34r:

Oh...I understand that mate.....I am just saying that if you have someone that may depend on you like a child.....you should try as frickin hard as you can to do the RIGHT thing and not off yourself. Of course.....we will never know wether or not this was suicide or not. :ph34r:

well, my point is... sometimes, people who are sick, just can't will themselves into health. Their minds just aren't capable of making those decisions or seeing things the same way a healthy person would.

well, my point is... sometimes, people who are sick, just can't will themselves into health. Their minds just aren't capable of making those decisions or seeing things the same way a healthy person would.

this is true, but as a society i think we have an obligation to make this final "option" as frowned upon as humanly possible. a person who actively kills themselves IS infact capeable of not killing themself. if they know that no one will have sympathy for them because they abandoned a child, it might be just enough to keep them from doing the final act.

depression induced suicied IS a big deal, like you said, but it's not as involuntairy as say.. a heart attack. there is still a good amount of self infliction goin on.

ANYWAY it's all moot, it sounds like, dispite his past issues with substances and abuse problems, Heath may have been done in by a simple toxic mix of legal propperly dosed drugs. which is very sad.

True.....but Nor is right about that person having control over killing themself or not.

This topic is a tender topic for me as someone who has clinical depression. Having it isn't really about oh poor me, the world hates me, ect ect, though those thoughts are common. I got over a lot of the self pity caused by my depression. However, it doesn't change the fact that there are times that for no good reason I'm emotionally low. Even if life is good, the sun is shining, the birds are singing, a new macross toy is sitting on my desk (okay, that hypothetically might cheer me up a little) not much is going to make me happy. Even prescription pills don't always help. Clinical depression hurts, it’s like a chronic ache or pain, and no amount of effort can make it go away completely, you just have to tough it out. Mine is mild. I've heard of people who can't even will themselves to get out of bed to eat, so for some toughing it out really isn't an option.

BTW, is it true? It was case of prescription drugs not mixing well? If that is the case it makes this probably one of the most tragic celebrity deaths I know of. A man trying to get well takes his meds, but they don't mix right. I know he should have told his doctor he was taking other meds, but honestly, when a doctor gives you a prescription drug one of the 1st things he’s supposed to ask, are you taking so and so drugs, if so these will react violently with each other and kill you.

Edited by GobotFool

Let's wrap this up. The appropriate sentiments have been expressed. Thread locking is imminent (as is customary with current events threads).

This topic is a tender topic for me as someone who has clinical depression. Having it isn't really about oh poor me, the world hates me, ect ect, though those thoughts are common. I got over a lot of the self pity caused by my depression. However, it doesn't change the fact that there are times that for no good reason I'm emotionally low. Even if life is good, the sun is shining, the birds are singing, a new macross toy is sitting on my desk (okay, that hypothetically might cheer me up a little) not much is going to make me happy. Even prescription pills don't always help. Clinical depression hurts, it’s like a chronic ache or pain, and no amount of effort can make it go away completely, you just have to tough it out. Mine is mild. I've heard of people who can't even will themselves to get out of bed to eat, so for some toughing it out really isn't an option.

BTW, is it true? It was case of prescription drugs not mixing well? If that is the case it makes this probably one of the most tragic celebrity deaths I know of. A man trying to get well takes his meds, but they don't mix right. I know he should have told his doctor he was taking other meds, but honestly, when a doctor gives you a prescription drug one of the 1st things he’s supposed to ask, are you taking so and so drugs, if so these will react violently with each other and kill you.

As a pharmacist I was really interested to know if he did have a severe reaction to those pills. I would like to wait till further information is available. Right now I really hate the media due to all the speculation, I wish they would shut up and let the family grieve in peace.

But I think we have nothing to fear about suicide, he missed and loved his little daughter dearly. He would never off himself.

A lot of people are down now, I live in his home town and pass his former hjigh school everyday. They are to hold a service for him when he gets back to Perth.

As a pharmacist I was really interested to know if he did have a severe reaction to those pills. I would like to wait till further information is available. Right now I really hate the media due to all the speculation, I wish they would shut up and let the family grieve in peace.

But I think we have nothing to fear about suicide, he missed and loved his little daughter dearly. He would never off himself.

A lot of people are down now, I live in his home town and pass his former hjigh school everyday. They are to hold a service for him when he gets back to Perth.

When they do hold the service. Please do let us know how beutiful it is. Sometimes the most wonderfully beutiful services are when one passes.

:ph34r:

The only other tragic one that I know of that was due to prescription drugs was Nikki Taylor's younger sister, also a super model, taking an inhaler for her asthma or something and having a bad reaction and killing her. From what I remember of course.

And as I've said elsewhere, a death regardless of how its caused is tragic. Anyone thats going to say different or shun it just to be a jerk should really think about their morals.

And as I've said elsewhere, a death regardless of how its caused is tragic. Anyone thats going to say different or shun it just to be a jerk should really think about their morals.

Got to agree with you there. A man is dead, nothings going to bring him back. Though when I placed this on the scale of tragic all I meant was there are people who do destroy themselves, whether it be suicide, drugs or alcohol and then there are just accidents like a plane crash. I suppose with Heath Ledger its so sudden and unexpected it kind of leaves me at a loss for words.

Edited by GobotFool