Bandai Macross Frontier toys thread

valhary

Looks good, but just to stress before you all get too excited, it is the plastic model kit, NOT a toy.

I wonder if the black and red stripes will be molded in, or will be typical Bandai foil stickers?

Graham

According to a discussion we are having in the model forum currently, it looks like the Vajra shown in the pics may also be a 1/72 scale model kit as well.

While I'd always thought the red Vajra are significantly larger than a VF-25, it appears that depending on which scene of the anime you view, they are only slightly larger.

Graham

According to a discussion we are having in the model forum currently, it looks like the Vajra shown in the pics may also be a 1/72 scale model kit as well.

While I'd always thought the red Vajra are significantly larger than a VF-25, it appears that depending on which scene of the anime you view, they are only slightly larger.

You do see the Action Base that is holding up the VF-25F, right? There's no Action Base on the red Vajra. So the VF is closer to the camera, perspective-wise.

Graham

I agree, in episode 4 at least you see it is a lot bigger. For example with Alto goes in to try and knife it to death you get a good idea, as well as when he gets on it's back to shoot it with the beam cannon. Besides this, stuff form the 1st and 2nd episodes showed the comparison fairly well.

You do see the Action Base that is holding up the VF-25F, right? There's no Action Base on the red Vajra. So the VF is closer to the camera, perspective-wise.

Good point, I see that, so the vajra model is definitely taller, but I don't think the VF-25 is that much closer to the camera. I still think Graham had it correct by assuming the Vajra was a different scaler earlier. However I have been proven wrong on many things in the past.

Edited by Master Dex

I like the battroid mode just fine, but fighter mode looks off to me.

Nose looks less sleek than it should be. That's probably why.

Good to see things are moving. Battroid really looks good and I even like fighter mode even if it's off (reminds me of the vf-5000). Gerwalk looks dead though.

If the cheapo kit looks that good, the bigger DX toy version will kick ass. ^_^

If they are doing a Vajra that must mean that we'll also get a VF-171, at least in model kit form.

I'm really really surprised they are doing a Vajra. Looks like Bandai is finally backing up Macross like it deserves.

When was the last time we saw them do an enemy that wasn't from Gundam?

We haven't heard any details of what the 1/100 line is going to include, so I'm placing all my hope for a VF-171 in that scale.

Graham

Forgot about the (possible HCM-Pro) 1/100 line! Hope Bandai gives us at least the VF-171. Who knows, if things go well and MF sells we might even see a new 1/100 Monster! :ph34r:

Edited by Twoducks

I'm really really surprised they are doing a Vajra. Looks like Bandai is finally backing up Macross like it deserves.

When was the last time we saw them do an enemy that wasn't from Gundam?

They showed a kit of the Monsoon LFO from Eureka Seven but it didn't get released in the end.