New Macross series...

Macross_Fanboy

After Macross Zero, I'd like a new TV show to be made. And I'd like to see either a new alien race come into play OR a civil war. It'd be cool to see Valkyries duking it out again, and maybe once in a while throw in a third player like renegade Zentraedi or a new Zentraedi or Meltrandi armada. And the return of maybe Isamu or something. I want to know what happened to him after Super Nova. I wonder if he got a slap on the wrist after that fiasco! :p

I'd like to see the start of it all. The Stellar Republic/Zentraedi Supervision Army war. Maybe see the orginal beings, Britai, Milla, Kamujin, etc. were cloned from. Have the Macross 7 Protodeviln rampaging though the galaxy and see the last fight where they were finnaly contained. And maybe even touch on the Macross's origins a little.

I know it's a long shot but I'd like to see another story that takes place during SW1. The story would of course have all new characters, Maybe a new squadron of destroid pilots. The story should flow through SW1 like we know it. A redone battle on Mars from a destroid pilots view would be awsome. We could see all new animation of the mecha we love. Plus we could get some cameos from all of our favorites.

Either that or a series about all out war. No singing valks or popstars. Even though Music plays a major role within the Macross universe, I'd like to see it kept to a minimum.

I wouldn't mind some storylines set in the mid-20's early 30's.

Max, Millia and the kids were very popular in video games, I'm sure an OAV highlighting a major event for The Dancing Skulls would be nifty. Then we could see my favorite, the VF-9 Cutlass, going at it.

:):):)

Yeah! And the VF-14! That would be sic maite!

I'd like to see a story that takes place after Macross 7 finds a planet to settle down on. Maybe with Gamlin in the postion that Max is in and but with a whole new cast of characters in the mix. Either dealing with renegade Zents or maybe a full scale civial war. I"m sure there are a few themes that could be covered in something like that, even a love triangle(wouldn't be Macross without one) could be thrown into the mix. Maybe a number of main characters as well. Several episodes from one sides point of view, the next set from the others, then switch back and forth till eveything comes together at the ending episodes.

I know it's a long shot but I'd like to see another story that takes place during SW1. The story would of course have all new characters, Maybe a new squadron of destroid pilots. The story should flow through SW1 like we know it. A redone battle on Mars from a destroid pilots view would be awsome. We could see all new animation of the mecha we love. Plus we could get some cameos from all of our favorites.

Idea thief.

Space War 1, as seen from the bow of the Daedalus. Now THAT'S excitement!

I know it's a long shot but I'd like to see another story that takes place during SW1. The story would of course have all new characters, Maybe a new squadron of destroid pilots. The story should flow through SW1 like we know it.  A redone battle on Mars from a destroid pilots view would be awsome. We could see all new animation of the mecha we love. Plus we could get some cameos from all of our favorites.

Idea thief.

Space War 1, as seen from the bow of the Daedalus. Now THAT'S excitement!

We'll never see any show with the Destroids as the main mecha. Destroids don't transform, and EVERY mecha in Macross must transform to be even considered as anything other than a bit-player, it appears.

As for a new show, I'd like to see the actual development of the VF-X series. Not this VF-0 stuff, but the actual trial and prototyping of the VF-1. That would be fun :)

We'll never see any show with the Destroids as the main mecha. Destroids don't transform, and EVERY mecha in Macross must transform to be even considered as anything other than a bit-player, it appears.

Well, yah, but still... A guy can dream.

Speaking of which...

A destroid team piloted by the Jenius daughters!

Maybe a mini-series, that takes place after Macross Plus. They could feature Isamu as being a disgraced fighter pilot, possibly a scapegoat and maybe even imprisoned for his involvement with what happened on the Armstice Holiday. Then, he would be asked to save a girl/Valkyrie/SDF/planet/universe or whatever...You know, something dark and depressing that continues the somber attitude of the 'Plus story, with a heroic twist of sorts, in the end....

I want to see a return t othe DYRL/Mikimoto style, regardless of the content of the story. I know Kawamori has said that he wants each Macross to have a distinct feel to it, but I think he's really passing up great opportunities by doing so.

We went though this in depth not long ago. Twice. Once in a normal thread, and again in a poll on which time period we wanted the next show to be. There were here on the new boards, IIRC, so it shouldn't be too hard to find them.

The same usual Macross greatness, with much much more fanservice!

Agreed.

I want to see a return t othe DYRL/Mikimoto style, regardless of the content of the story. I know Kawamori has said that he wants each Macross to have a distinct feel to it, but I think he's really passing up great opportunities by doing so.

Yes. Agreed.

I would love an OVA in wich the macross 7 fleet is completely blown away so we can forget about all the crap that the series came with... yes, yes... I know I'm gonna get a flame war, but I don't want anything that resembles macross 7 in future series! :angry:

You're totally right. BG needs to go back to basics with this one. A serious SF drama with romantic overtones. Not a J-Pop fiasco. <_<

We went though this in depth not long ago. Twice. Once in a normal thread, and again in a poll on which time period we wanted the next show to be. There were here on the new boards, IIRC, so it shouldn't be too hard to find them.

yep, i was the "instigator" of the poll and the thread...

Set after M7. Have Earth/UN Spacy see Unification War pt 2 but spread into space. Basically civil war. So we can have valk and on valk with the occassional Zentran and/or Meltran Fleet along with maybe a SA factor in there... Definately liked M7's fighting enemy with variable fighters (maybe with some weird and/or fundamentally different design philosophy or something ala the Varauta's Spiritia absorbing ray)...

Of course it would have love triangle and singing. But to be DIFFERENT, having which side is "good" and which is "bad" be a vague/point-of-view type thing would be better IMO. Serious problems in the United Earth Gov have different interpretations so that noone is really "wrong" at least in a black&white/good&evil manner. Complicated enough to be realistic. We could have Isamu on one side, with Gamlin on another, for example.

Since it'd be a civil war, Sound Force wouldn't be an option for this one as much as the previous... I'd definately like to see a UN Spacy at war with itself. The "main" fighter would be VF-19... Special Ops VF-22S... the occassional VF-11C (maybe a D model?) and VF-17... And a NEW VF prototype or two to steal the show in addition to whatever the "enemy" would be cooking up... As I see it one or both (or more?) of the sides of the civil war would each be wanting to capitalize on their familiarity with the others mecha weaknesses... and thus move away from the normal valkyrie paradigm. For example, one side might go to a preponderance of "light" Valkyries (think VF-22 design but smaller and one engine)... smaller and less capable but in massive numbers. A different side could go to something like the Legioss/Tread combo thing having a part be atmosphere optimized, another part being space optimized, with them being joined the ultimate. A third side could do "more of the same" but with new models. A fourth side could stay the course with VF-19/VF-22 maybe improved models...

etc etc.

I'd like to see the start of it all. The Stellar Republic/Zentraedi Supervision Army war. Maybe see the orginal beings, Britai, Milla, Kamujin, etc. were cloned from. Have the Macross 7 Protodeviln rampaging though the galaxy and see the last fight where they were finnaly contained. And maybe even touch on the Macross's origins a little.

I don't think that would work very well. At least, I imagine it turning into a Macross version of The Phantom Menace.

I'd prefer to explore the same material by having the UN Spacy come into contact with the Supervision Army in "present" time and explore the mystery of what happened, perhaps eventually discovering the original Protoculture star systems. But I don't know how much of that would overlap with what's been done in M7, since I've only seen a few episodes of the latter.

Since it'd be a civil war, Sound Force wouldn't be an option for this one as much as the previous...

Do you REALLY think Shoji couldn't fit Sound Force in something like that?

Yes. That's why I said "as much." :p I actually like the Sound Force, too... well... I prefer something like Skull Squadron or Diamond Force but I can live with Sound Force for what it's intended as. ;)

But with every series having a different feel, it definately wouldnt be the same as M7. My main idea (hope) for my hypothetical would be that the "right way" would be subject to interpretation. Indeed having an idea of tragedy in the UN Spacy killing and destroying its own (other factions of the civil war) would be a major facet, if not the goal...

In the meantime we just get to see good anime mecha combat with the latest designs and new ones. Having love triangles and egotistic singers is just something that comes with the Macross logo. B)

I' know what I don't want:

No more love triangles. This has turned into a crutch for Kawamori. There are other ways to develop characters. Kawamori needs to explore that.

No pink pecker, sound force, etc squadrons.

What I do want or would like to see:

An animated version of the events of VFX-2

An SDF Macross side story that takes place during Space War 1, like Gundam MS 08th Team. Seeing the VF-1 with todays anime techniques would be cool. Hopefully it will show up in Macross Zero

After Macross Zero, I'd like a new TV show to be made.

You and everyone else.

The same usual Macross greatness, with much much more fanservice!

Yeah, yeah! We run a mature, upstanding fandom here my friend... <_<

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol::lol::lol:;)

The UN civil war idea is making me think of the AEUG and the Titans...

Maybe some anti-UN people stir up some patriotism/nationalism sentiments in some colonies. They start rebeling and getting out of hand. The UN tries a more moderate aproach, situation get's further out of hand and results in an all out war for independence on one side, and a for a united front (against what ever else is out there) on the other. Colony planet's rights over the central government's rights.

Have the UN forces use a "pound-your-ass-into-submission" philosophy with battleships that rival the Zenraedi's, and VF-19s, VF-22Ss, and upgraded VF-11s (like modernized F-4 Phantoms). Maybe throw in some new type of support craft like the Meteor in SEED, or a new type of weapon system like the VF-2SS's SAP.

For the rebels give them a "hit-and-fade" philosophy, with stealth fast attack ships and VFs. Maybe have them inspired by the Varuta designs.

And of course, have to have political in-fighting on both sides, after all Global wasn't really happy with Alaska's decions and Bodolza decided to get rid of Britai.

Throw in a couple Protoculture relics, maybe even an abandoned colony, or shipyard. End it with both sides encountering a Protodevlin (maybe even of their own making, like they found out how the Protoculture did it and thought they could do it right), or a big Zentraedi fleet, or other revaltion type thing, like some Protoculture records. And just have both sides remeber that their purpose to to ensure humanitie's survival.

I like Druna Skass' original historical idea, but ewilen's right, they'd likely pull a "George" on the whole thing... Too bad, it could have some pretty cool potential.

Or, they could just do a prequel, where all the mecha inexplicably seems more advanced than in the original's... Hmmm... :p

The UN civil war idea is making me think of the AEUG and the Titans...

Maybe some anti-UN people stir up some patriotism/nationalism sentiments in some colonies. They start rebeling and getting out of hand. The UN tries a more moderate aproach, situation get's further out of hand and results in an all out war for independence on one side, and a for a united front (against what ever else is out there) on the other. Colony planet's rights over the central government's rights.

Have the UN forces use a "pound-your-ass-into-submission" philosophy with battleships that rival the Zenraedi's, and VF-19s, VF-22Ss, and upgraded VF-11s (like modernized F-4 Phantoms). Maybe throw in some new type of support craft like the Meteor in SEED, or a new type of weapon system like the VF-2SS's SAP.

For the rebels give them a "hit-and-fade" philosophy, with stealth fast attack ships and VFs. Maybe have them inspired by the Varuta designs.

And of course, have to have political in-fighting on both sides, after all Global wasn't really happy with Alaska's decions and Bodolza decided to get rid of Britai.

Throw in a couple Protoculture relics, maybe even an abandoned colony, or shipyard. End it with both sides encountering a Protodevlin (maybe even of their own making, like they found out how the Protoculture did it and thought they could do it right), or a big Zentraedi fleet, or other revaltion type thing, like some Protoculture records. And just have both sides remeber that their purpose to to ensure humanitie's survival.

I actually starting to kind of like this idea. The way UN Spacy HQ was behaving towards the M7 fleet could lead you to think that they were heading in an oppresive direction anyway, and end up trying to iron hand the colonies, of which they will say bite me and go the independence route. It would be about due for the next human war by then, looking at history. The earth side could even use the new Ghost idea again as an extra ace, in addition to any other new stuff they use. And once things have gone on for a while, and everyone has showcased their new tech have a supervision army fleet show up. I would say a Zentradi fleet, but that's been done, and would lead to a lot of sound force again, and a supervision army fleet would be something nicely different. Even if the varuta cannabilized designs from them and the Megaroad 13(?) fleet, we've never seen a full on Supervision Army fleet. Start that one with another booby trap that someone trips causing them to show up. I wouldn't mind seeing a Koenig Monster transform into battroid and john woo style dump reaction missles into two ships (missles were in the arms on the monster, right? I don't remember for some reason). Sometimes it's fun to speculate.