New Macross series...

Macross_Fanboy

I wouldn't mind seeing a Koenig Monster transform into battroid and john woo style dump reaction missles into two ships (missles were in the arms on the monster, right? I don't remember for some reason).

Yes, missiles were in the arms.

But the reaction warheads were launched from the railguns, not on missiles.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Koenig Monster transform into battroid and john woo style dump reaction missles into two ships (missles were in the arms on the monster, right?  I don't remember for some reason).

Yes, missiles were in the arms.

But the reaction warheads were launched from the railguns, not on missiles.

Damn

• 3 weeks later...

What I want out of a Macross sequel...

OVA. No TV series. I don't want production values going to crap (like M7).

I want it to be serious. (Unlike M7)

I don't ever want to see Hikaru/Misa/Minmei ever again (because its just wrong... leave them in peace, don't bastardize them like you did Max and Milia)

Write off M7. Entirely. Forget it ever happen, relegate it to red-headed-stepchild status like Macross II...

I want HAL doing character design. And I want to see his style implemented in the animation. No MASAYUKI pointy noses (even tho I kind of like it), no junky M7 style big googly eyed anime hoo-ha, I want HAL's designs in action... Macross II I felt, despite the fact that it sucked, easily had the best character art in the animation.

Yoko Kanno and Hajime Mizoguchi doing music. As if you ever needed to ask.

I did like the idea of Max being the Captain of a ship though... it seems to suit his personailty. It could also work as a sub-plot about how he's dealing with the fact that he can't fly anymore.

Milia leading her own squadron with her VF-1 souped up... Milia lose her VF-1. What kind of crap is that. "Mayor Milia"... what kind of crap is that?

(As you can tell, I have a frothing dislike for M7)

And, as much as I hate to say it... for the plot, MS Gundam is the source to look to. Once you start getting into colonization, with far-off "oppressive" governments trying to tell you what to do... civil wars are bound to pop up.

Now I'm not talking "One Year War" scale where we have psychos dropping colonies on Earth, but... the insurgency should get bad enough that the UN Government is threatened, and some bad crap should happen, but... nothing major.

It should be more about the characters and about their lives than it should about battles or anything like that.

And of course we need a musical element... I'm leaning towards Mylene, since I actually like her music... they should just apply the good ole "I-wanna-be-like-Minmei" treatment and get Kajiura Chie to do the music... god damn I love her voice.

Anyway, thats my idea. Feel free to disagree.

The UN civil war idea is making me think of the AEUG and the Titans...

I wasn't thinking about that when I mentioned MS Gundam, I was leaning more towards One Year War, eg the Earth Federation vs Zion... because the Zionist movement was about separating themselves from the Earth Federation (until the Zabi family hijacked it and made it about Spacenoid superiority).

AEUG vs the Titans was more about the Federation essentially allowing a gang of thugs to throw their weight around and effectively "crush" any kind of opposition, and free speech as a whole, and that even includes non-Zionist movements (eg. The Titans gassed an entire colony that was protesting Earth Federation policy... now if that isn't just totally fraked up, I don't know what is).... the Titans were originally formed to hunt down and destroy what was left of Zion after Operation Stardust.

But you get the idea.

This is the next logical step for Macross to go in since it makes sense...

But I was also thinking about the Supervision army, or another Zentradi fleet (it has been said there were fleets bigger than Bodolzaa's running around), but clearly the seperatist plot is more interesting (always has been!)

It could go either way though.. its all in the execution.

Discuss! :D