Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

HLJ is finally processing my MH Stick. What is up with Ray going straight to "Discontinued" on HLJ?

Looks like if you didn't preorder then you are not going to get it.

Plus who else is tired of getting an order from HLJ only to have one item shipped three days later!!!!!

Does HLJ have stock in EMS?

Yellow's ride armor was at WF so there has been word. Nothing on Houquet yet but you have to figure it will come eventually.

Right, I forgot about that proto. Not too impressive, really. Maybe the production model looks better.

Yeah, that's kinda what I'm planning for my CM's... maybe not quite so banged-up, though. And I'd definitely paint over the screws. Hope to take some pix this weekend.

Oooh, I can't wait. I like your customs a lot.

Another thing about the CM. The hand on Stick's gun is glued but ever so slightly. You can just pull it off and put it back on the peg in the palm of the hand whenever you want.

correct parts given:

IMG_0267.jpg

wrong parts for Rey type:

IMG_0268.jpg

Top view:

IMG_0269.jpg

link: http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-55779-1-2.html

watch out Megahouse's Rey seem to have QC problem (wrong parts issued)

notice the last picture, the "spoke" on the left hand side of Rey (on right side in our view of the last pic) is the wrong one (2 right side spokes instead of 1 each). someone else in that thread also gets the same problem, hopefully its not widespread. (at least this Rey has the right parts)

EDIT: added description - wrong spoke refers to the left hand side for the figure.

Edited by Shun

Isn't hiding half the bike behind the figure cheating? It doesn't look like that in the show. Where are the parts supposed to go in the show?

There is a blanket answer for questions like that: Anime Magic.

Well, my MH set is shipping from Samurai-Monkey, and he told me i AM getting my DECALS, yeaaaa baybe.

I wish HOHOTOYS & LOS could tell me if I AM getting decals too. :(

Well...I've been lucky thus far...*knocks on wood*

:ph34r:

Wait, so some of the MH RAs have decals included and some don't? WTF?? If anyone here gets them... can they post a hi-res scan before they cut them up and use them so we can make some repro sheets or something?

I think those stickers were handed out when you buy MHs at the retail stores in Japan.

Just got notice from HLJ. I hope they have those stickers. I'll find out after wait.

Otherwise, repro sheets or water-slider would be quite nice.

Although I am rather satisfied with my CM's (Oh, wind shield finally broke...), I think MH would be much better due to it's size, material, and the removable parts.

This is OT, but I've received MH Orguss Olson Special. I really like these smooth, but not loose joints. I'd expect the same for Ride Armors.

Comes with an extra wing-mounted weapon set and this adds a lot of play value compared to the original Orguss.

Edited by konimon

This is OT, but I've received MH Orguss Olson Special. I really like these smooth, but not loose joints. I'd expect the same for Ride Armors.

Comes with an extra wing-mounted weapon set and this adds a lot of play value compared to the original Orguss.

Gah! I forgot about the Olson Special MH, I'll have to pick that up. The MH Orguss is very tiny but I really love the thing. I know exactly what you mean about the 'smooth but not loose' joints. It's probably in my top 3 favorite toys of 2007. My expectations for the MH Ride Armor are based on the Orguss, although I'm still going to wait and see if a revised version with larger wheels comes out.

I got my notice to make payment. I paid it so now I just wait. I got the EMS so hopefully it's not to long a wait.

I also emailed HLJ and asked them to please check mine for the wrong part issue before send it to me. I would rather have an opened box then have to send back and wait for a replacement. I'm still waiting their reply.

Hi,

I got this message from Rob (samurai monkey):

"No it didn't come with the extra gun. The only way to get that feature was to order it from the megahouse website on a certain day. They did come with the decals."

Well, thanks to Rob, i am getting my decals, and quite happy too. The gun wasnt as important.

Regards

Farshad

Edited by Arthurius

There is a blanket answer for questions like that: Anime Magic.

If it's anime magic, I'll like to have the option to remove that part in the "robot" mode for better posability. MH is not perfect transformation anyway, right?

Well, I've finished weathering my CM's Stick. I'd planned to keep the detailing simple and then spray a dull-coat over it, but with the tight-fitting pieces like the shoulder armor, etc, it just wasn't doable. A coating would only impede the transformation and get scratched off when parts rub against each other. Instead, I went for more grungy dirt/oil dry-brushing, especially on the bike's undersides and tire-facing plates. Also found some teal-colored acrylic paint and daubed it over the screws.

Oh, and I scratch-built a hard point on the right gauntlet to attach the rifle in bike mode. With great proportions come great possibilities! :-)

Taking pix now...

If it's anime magic, I'll like to have the option to remove that part in the "robot" mode for better posability. MH is not perfect transformation anyway, right?

The MH was never said to be PT (perfect tran). The CM was. Toynami & Beagel(spelling)...I don't know.

:ph34r:

The Megahouse seems to have a little to much of the seat cover revealed when in ride armor mode. Not that I intend to display them showing their rears off anyway, but it's kind of annoying. I'm still waiting on my Megahouse to arrive. Once it does, I plan on doing a review compareing both.

CollectionDX has a review of the CMS Ride Armor... says pretty much everything I expected (too small, fidgety parts, ugly finish, terrible parts fit)...

:lol: :lol: Sounds like the reviewer had just as much fun as I did transforming (even handling) the toy. ^_^