Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

For those who have pre-ordered through LAFtoys. I just saw this on the pre-order page for the "Rey" MH figure.

Yeah, that's why I hate getting new releases from US companies. I was hoping since he seemed to get the CMs in so quickly the MH ones might follow suit but I guess not. Oh well... looks like I'll be playing with a Yamato YF-21 1/60 at about the same time I'm playing with my brand new Ride Armor toys...

After reading your review Alex, I decided to not purchase the Megahouse version. No die-cast, major partsforming, leftover parts, cannot stand on its own = not worth the purchase. I'm happy with my CM's version.

Hmmmm......I am surprised.......I wonder how many people are gonna feel like you???

If anyone get's theirs and does'nt like them PLEASE be sure to let me know so that I can purchase them from you. THANKS.

:ph34r:

Hmmmm......I am surprised.......I wonder how many people are gonna feel like you???

If anyone get's theirs and does'nt like them PLEASE be sure to let me know so that I can purchase them from you. THANKS.

I'm pretty happy with my CMs, too. That combined with the possibility of a revised version has led me to cancel my order for the MH.

Edited by eriku

I'm pretty happy with my CMs, too. That combined with the possibility of a revised version has led me to cancel my order for the MH.

REALLY??? You're cancelling too??? Hmmmm....

that's 2.

Only on MW would a positive review (8 out of 10, IIRC) lead people to cancel their preorders. :rolleyes:

I don't think his score reflects the quality of the toy to my standards. And I don't think the score for the CM's version was any more accurate. Reading his review, I would probably give the MH version 5-6/10 and having the CM's version, I give it something like 7-8/10.

Edited by Dr. Z

Only on MW would a positive review (8 out of 10, IIRC) lead people to cancel their preorders.

The review score may be good but it lists a lot of things that many people may take issue with (but Alex didn't find were all that horrible). In my opinion that's what makes it a good review, there are plenty of observations to let us come to our own decisions about the toy. I'll tell you right now, that doesn't sound like an 8/10 toy to me. It makes perfect sense that people would be canceling their preorders based on that review even if Alex was overall happy with it because some of the stuff he doesn't mind will be more important to them. If one of the things you love most about your CMs Ride Armor is that there aren't left over pieces to tuck away after you transform it then there's not going to be a whole lot this Mega House toy would have to offer you.

What sold me on the MH's on the first place was the matte finish (a must for a military mecha IMHO) and the attention to detail on the figures faces an the whole bike.

The purple visor is not a let down for me, the lack of PT isn't either. The original design isn't PT anyway, but anime magic ahoy, and we've never seen a PT Ride Armor toy, in the Yamato VF sense, so screw the PT on these. The small tire bothers me to no end, but perhaps this delay means Mega House is revising that. One can only hope.

Only on MW would a positive review (8 out of 10, IIRC) lead people to cancel their preorders. :rolleyes:

Speaking for myself the review has absolutely nothing to do with my decision to cancel. I think it sounds like a great toy, I just would rather wait until a Stig comes out with larger wheels. If that doesn't happen, I'll just get Yellow's when it comes out and call it a day.

The original design isn't PT anyway

Hey now, it kinda is! Not really in a way that a toy could ever emulate perfectly though. I don't mind a few parts being taken off and put back on but the idea of parts left over... that's sad to me.

besides, when you cancel a pre-order this late, you're pretty much sticking it to the vendor.

i'm not that guy.

So you think stores are going to be left with units of this that they'll be unable to sell? That's highly unlikely. Maybe for some really high-end expensive items that are hard to sell, but not something like this. And if a store truly has a problem with people cancelling preorders then they shouldn't allow it.

So you think stores are going to be left with units of this that they'll be unable to sell? That's highly unlikely. Maybe for some really high-end expensive items that are hard to sell, but not something like this. And if a store truly has a problem with people cancelling preorders then they shouldn't allow it.

when you stick it to someone, you're sticking it to someone. it doesn't matter what the dollar value is, its a matter of principle.

maybe if it were a big company i wouldn't have a problem with it, but i ordered my through LAFtoys and hes a small time seller in comparison.

its up to each person what they think is the "right" thing to do. my opinion isn't a judgement, i'm just saying i'm not that guy.

when you stick it to someone, you're sticking it to someone. it doesn't matter what the dollar value is, its a matter of principle.

maybe if it were a big company i wouldn't have a problem with it, but i ordered my through LAFtoys and hes a small time seller in comparison.

its up to each person what they think is the "right" thing to do. my opinion isn't a judgement, i'm just saying i'm not that guy.

Well, I'm sure BBTS wont have a hard time selling the ride armor I decided not to buy from them. :)

After reading your review Alex, I decided to not purchase the Megahouse version. No die-cast, major partsforming, leftover parts, cannot stand on its own = not worth the purchase. I'm happy with my CM's version.

I was about to go CMS but then the latest MH pics showed up in this thread, and I decided to wait. But after Alex's review, I have the same issues you do. It looks fantastic, but I can't overlook those negatives.

I love the megahouse details. If only CMs made larger ones which didn't fall apart or have pop-off problems and fixed the cheap look of them. Redo the line, add more heads, make it cheaper. And fix the stick gun so that you can mount it on the bike and not have a hand stuck to it. CMs might have just rushed it and had intended something better. Any chance CMs will make releases with plastic for the windshield that doesn't cause it to crack? Even though it's easily fixed, it can be a bad first impression to those hearing about it and might deter them from going with that one.

I hope that what happens is these easily-breaking windshield editions get sold off cheaper than any future fixed ones. Then people can get a bargain on older releases.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I can't wait to get mine. Sure it's no Gakken 1/8 replacement but I really like the way it looks over the CM one. Especially in armor mode, No crack down the chest plate. I also like the colors allot better as well. I canceled my CM preorder at the first good pics to get the MH and I still feel I made the better decision. Just my 2

Well, I'll definitely be getting Stick, Yellow, and Hoquet. I think CM's still looks cheap, costs too much, and has just as many "issues" as the MegaHouse one. The only difference is that I personally prefer the look fo the MegaHouse one. I even think I may make some weapons for it after I get it (like the cannon thing from bike in the Shadow Chronicles). I just think the MH ones looks so much more dynamic than the CM ones. Beagle "could" blow both companies out of the water, but we'll just have to wait and see if they deliver a product that has top quality and looks nice too.

I had an idea, would it be possible to pop off the rubber tire and put some lube on the inside part of it so that the rubber rotates freely around the other part?

Well, I'll definitely be getting Stick, Yellow, and Hoquet. I think CM's still looks cheap, costs too much, and has just as many "issues" as the MegaHouse one. The only difference is that I personally prefer the look fo the MegaHouse one. I even think I may make some weapons for it after I get it (like the cannon thing from bike in the Shadow Chronicles). I just think the MH ones looks so much more dynamic than the CM ones. Beagle "could" blow both companies out of the water, but we'll just have to wait and see if they deliver a product that has top quality and looks nice too.

I had an idea, would it be possible to pop off the rubber tire and put some lube on the inside part of it so that the rubber rotates freely around the other part?

Nyah. Lubricating the tyre might actually work.

Think I'm gonna go for the MH. The finishing just looks so much nicer than the CM's IMO.

The cheap shiny looking plastic on the CM's is a real turn off for me, as is the breakage-prone windshield.

Sounds like I can live with the minor issues so far reported about the MH.

Graham