Legioss & Tread finished

cool8or

Hi guys, other of my recently finished kits are this Legioss & Tread.

The Tread is a recast of the Newtype resin kit. The Legioss of this kit isn't very detailed, even the cockpit it's part of the main body of resin. So I use a Legioss inyection kit from Imai. I had to adapt the Tread to fit with this Legioss, but I'm happy with the result, because looks far better than original resin kit. Also, the Imai kit had better decals ;) To the Tread, I made the "MB 07" decals with my Inkjet printer.

It's don't have a display yet, but in the future I want to purchase a FlexiDisplay.

I hope do you like it.

dsc00751redimensionarqa3.jpg

dsc00750redimensionarfo0.jpg

dsc00754redimensionarbr0.jpg

dsc00753redimensionarxv2.jpg

dsc00756redimensionarhi3.jpg

Edited by cool8or

Man you did great work with the model. The clean, sharp painting style suits it really well. Also, I can see your skills improve all the time. :)

Yeah, I prefer some shading and weathering myself, but that is not necessary at all. Just a matter of taste.

Edited by Sdf-1

Thanks guys!! It's very satisfying post my works here, I know that ain't the best kit builder but I do my best and I try to improve my skills in every kit. I'm not ready yet to make wheathering, but I hope to know some techniques in the near future.

I take these pics in the same Anime event that the Dragon II Pics, 1 month ago.

About how much I take to finish the kit... mmm I think 2 months aproximately, because I'm always working with 2 or 3 kits at the same time. :p

When I have some time, I'll post a couple pics with the Legioss & Tread disconnected. B))

Hey Ruben. Looks awesome!

Don't be afraid to try weathering, it's actually fun: just practice on a scrap piece or model before you commit to the good stuff, and if anything, go slow. It's very easy to over-weather something, so I recommend going in gradual stages, and give your eyes a rest after each stage, and if you can, get an extra set of eyes to evaluate your progress :)

REALLY COOL Cool8er!!! I could only hope mine looks that great if I ever get to it! Awesome mix of kit and resin too! I always wondered what those two would look like together. Nice clean paint too! - MT

The Tread is a recast of the Newtype resin kit. The Legioss of this kit isn't very detailed, even the cockpit it's part of the main body of resin. So I use a Legioss inyection kit from Imai.

Great work... I always love to see the Legioss and Tread. However you aren't the first to substitue the Imai Legioss for the resin Legioss. I've seen this Japanese text translated before and this talks about using the Imai kit too as I recall.

monolegiosstread.jpg

For the tread he used the Mono Craft kit but the Newtype kit is essentially a recast of the Mono Craft kit. To be technically correct both kits were made from the same master. So what you have is essentially the same thing. This is another picture which I think shows the Tread paired with the Imai Legioss.

ms4.jpg

Thanks for sharing,

Carl

Replace the Legioss was for me an obvious choice. So I can perfectly imagine to other people doing the same thing... but I never saw it, until now.

Thanks for your opinions!!

I just finished building mine and was about to paint tham until I saw this thread. Im also disappointed with the Legioss. Its just uninteresting.

Now Ive got to find this Imai kit you used.

Is it just the plane or is this the transforming kind? Does it matter?

There are not transforming Legioss in 1/72 scale. You must use this kit:

http://www.hlj.com/product/AOS03958

This is a box with 3 model kits separated (Fighter, Gerwalk and Battroid).

Good look and share some pics!

Edited by cool8or