GI Joe lurches towards live-action filmdom (i.e. G.I. Joe live action)

A lot of SEALS have a lot of upper body strength for roping up the side of ships and from swimming but Green Berets are more like marathon runners usually. The typical special forces operator is calm, intelligent, physically fit (not a body builder) and brave, patriotic and fearless as hell.

My stepdad was Special Forces, he's 6'4 and about 220. The running thing is true though, he still runs 3 miles a day and he's 55. I remember when he was active he ran 6 miles twice a week, 8 twice a week, and the other days he'd sprint and run flat out 1/4 and half miles. I used to think he was insane, still kind of do.

Edited by Excillon

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I saw the trailer before Star Trek. Unfortunately, this is going to be a suck fest. Did anyone see the scene in the trailer where the two power suit guys are dodging missiles? Yeah, I remember seeing that scene the first time when the movie was called Transformers. <_<

The trailer was pretty good up until that point, then it felt like I was watching a trailer for the next Asylum film.

PASS.

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

So I saw the trailer before Star Trek. Unfortunately, this is going to be a suck fest. Did anyone see the scene in the trailer where the two power suit guys are dodging missiles? Yeah, I remember seeing that scene the first time when the movie was called Transformers. <_<

The trailer was pretty good up until that point, then it felt like I was watching a trailer for the next Asylum film.

PASS.

Vostok 7

Yeah, the Powersuits look like they'll ruin the movie. GI Joe was Sci-Fi to a small extent (lasers and vehicles), but it kept a realistic feel to it at the same time. The powersuits just totally destroy that in my opinion. This isn't Exosquad after all.

Edited by protostar8

The accelerator suits are not in the movie for long.

Thank God. When I first saw the trailer with those accelerator suits I instantly thought of a live-action version of Crysis directed by our good old friend:

2llfsxe.jpg

:ph34r:

Drastically lowered...

EDIT: Is that Marlon Wayans in the trailer? :ph34r:

Yeah. Its him. :ph34r:

Edited by grss1982

Ok,

So my GF was actually excited about seeing Star Trek and loved every minute of it. :rolleyes: trust me for her to get excited about Sci-fi is as rare as a good movie from our good friend who directed "Blood Rayne". But just before we saw the movie, we saw the mega crapolla that will be G.I.Joe. Again, she is not a big Sci-Fi gal, but even she said " what the hell are those suits doing and why the hell are they in G.I. Joe!" she looks over at me , smiles and wispers in my ears "Baby they are ass-raping your childhood again!"

There is hope for her though, we rented Caprica after the movie and she really loved that! :rolleyes: A week earlier we saw wolverine and she really really loved that! but I suspect that was becuase of Huge Jackman. Anyway she thinks we are on a role with all the origins movies that we have seen. First Wolverine then Star Trek and finally Caprica. so hopefully Terminator Salvation will be good too!

needless to say if i take her to see G.I.Joe A.K.A crapolla. I will be single before the ending credits! which will include Sean Wayans! I mean really what the hell were you thinking?

Edited by mustang1

When I saw the trailer online I was thinking it might not be so bad. Then, I saw the trailer on the big screen before Star Trek. It seemed kinda lame. I have zero expectations for it now. I'll probably go see it, but I won't be expecting much.

Wow, even after all these years, the original Night Raven still looks as solid as ever.

A little out of scale of course, but still quite a beaut' to behold.

I wish they would re-release the old Night Raven. I dug mine out a while back and when I went to lower the landing gear, the front gear flew off the bottom. :angry::blink: Now I need to find another intact bottom half of a Night Raven.

Do you have any suggestions on how to best convince Hasbro, Shin?

If only the Skystriker mold was still intact...

Be vocal on forums, whether it be G.I. Joe-related, or even on unrelated forums with G.I. Joe threads such as this. Constructive criticism helps too. Same thing goes for the Tomcat based Skystriker and anything else from ARAH that you'd like to see return. Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

I wish they would re-release the old Night Raven. I dug mine out a while back and when I went to lower the landing gear, the front gear flew off the bottom. :angry::blink: Now I need to find another intact bottom half of a Night Raven.

So, do the Sky Striker and Night Raven typically have problems with their landing gear, especially at this age? I move their landing gear almost daily and now I'm starting to think they may break. After all, it's just a buncha' plastic we're dealing with...

So, do the Sky Striker and Night Raven typically have problems with their landing gear, especially at this age? I move their landing gear almost daily and now I'm starting to think they may break. After all, it's just a buncha' plastic we're dealing with...
The Skystriker doesn't, just be careful with the landing gear doors, that's about it.

The Skystriker doesn't, just be careful with the landing gear doors, that's about it.

The door on the front gear to my Skystriker is also broken. :angry: Unlike the Night Raven, this should be an easy fix though.

And if you're reading this, Hasbro, please release the classic Night Raven again.

• 3 weeks later...

Not looking good for the Joes ??????

he gossip story of the day so far is that Paramount's upcoming "G.I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra" is so bad that the director may have been fired.

It all began when a posting on Don Murphy's message board, now removed, claimed that a test screening of the upcoming action film scored the worst marks in the studio's history. As a result Paramount exec Brad Weston had the film's director Stephen Sommers ("The Mummy," "Van Helsing") fired and locked out of the editing room.

Stuart Baird, a renowned "fixer" editor was brought it to try to see if it could be made releasable, while producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura was told "his services were no longer needed on the film either". When word of the firing started to get around, Sommers "was summoned back to the editing room but only to save appearances, Baird is still editing the movie with studio input."

Latino Review then followed that post up with a few checks of their own. While columnists have been quick to slam the film, it apparently is tracking quite well, and so the site got in contact with di Bonaventura himself to ask if the report had any truth?

"It's completely untrue he was never asked to leave or been fired or any of that. That’s ridiculous. The movie tested very well. Everybody was happy, the studio was happy, the filmmakers were happy, the audience was happy with the movie. We had three test screenings, three different times and tested it and each time it just got better and better. We started off in a good place and we ended up in even in a better place, which is what you hope on a film from testing it."

So what happened in the editing room? "Nothing that doesn’t happen on every other movie, which is that you constantly work and work and work and you make it better and better. We had a delay on visual effects so we waited a long time to finish the movie but that’s the only thing. I don’t really know why that would be interpreting it negatively but I guess it was".

Still, many remain dubious. There's been blood in the water on this film for a while and many online critics seem to have already made their minds up on the film. Sommers has generally provoked dislike amongst critics, and the word is with 'Joe' he essentially got total creative freedom to do what he wanted. Has that resulted in a workable film? We'll find out in two months.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/14386

God, id love a Skystriker...always wanted one as a kid. i remember seeing the Night Force version ona trip to the states, but i didnt get it (I dont remember what I bought instead)

*sigh*

Have the remnants of one, neighbor broke mine over 15 years ago.

Not looking good for the Joes ??????
Confirmed false 2 days ago, MSNBC even confirmed it last night, but the other sites are just having fun with it.

Well, it goes without saying that Damon Wayans with Homey the Clown, Men on Film, and a whole host of other memorable skits from In Living Color is funniest and best of the Wayans.

Though some of his works are crappy, Keenan Ivory would be next since he was part of those memorable skits with Damon, did produce In Living Color, and gave us I'm Gonna Get You Sucka.

The next less talented would be Tito (with his guitar).

Then Jermaine.

Then that annoying sister.

Then Shawn (who was the fake "DJ" during In Living Color's first seasons).

And lastly, would be ol' Marlon.

:D:p

tito and jermaine are jacksons, not wayans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayans

*snip*

Again, she is not a big Sci-Fi gal, but even she said " what the hell are those suits doing and why the hell are they in G.I. Joe!" she looks over at me , smiles and wispers in my ears "Baby they are ass-raping your childhood again!"

*snip*

Bless her heart for those comments on something that is near and dear to us all B))

All I have to say is this: BOHICA!

Bend

Over

Here

It

Comes

Again

God, id love a Skystriker...always wanted one as a kid. i remember seeing the Night Force version ona trip to the states, but i didnt get it (I dont remember what I bought instead)

*sigh*

The Night Boomer, I think it's called. And, I have that one as well, lol...

post-1069-1244880683_thumb.jpg

post-1069-1244880691_thumb.jpg

post-1069-1244880699_thumb.jpg

Edited by myk

• 3 weeks later...

There's a "design your own figure" contest at the official movie site----grand prize is to actually have the figure made, using your headsculpt! Only open to ages 6 to 12 though. :p Which is really weird when you think about it, since the figures use existing parts for the bodies, and there's no 8-year-old Joes...

You can save what you make though---I quickly made this, it's basically armored Scarlett with Helix's head, in Techno-Viper colors. (since I'm still waiting for a 25th Techno-Viper) http://hasbro.promotions.com/gijoecobra/ta...S6WGpj3gdZhUksa