GI Joe lurches towards live-action filmdom (i.e. G.I. Joe live action)

Frameless=defeats the point. Having lensless frames would look much more correct. I will admit, looks better than the early promo pics.

I concur that they dropped the ball with the glasses, but she is damn hot even bloodied, so I might be able to let that pass.

There was another actress that I though would've also made a good Scarlett. I don't know here name, but she appeared twice on Firely. She played a con artist that tried to marry Mal.

• 3 weeks later...

I sure am digging Storm Shadow's ninja-matrix/gi joe reloaded-look and the movie mask looks cool to me. His figure may just be the one I pick up from the movie line.

post-1065-1213248094_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Err...yeah...that "Duke" poster looks really bad... :(

Would have been more interesting if they put - you know - a COBRA character on the poster...since it is "Rise of Cobra" and all...

Heck - even General Hawk would have been a better pick.

I just don't like Duke being this young kid - he was always supposed to be the elder soldier, experienced and looking out for everybody... this guy looks like ...umm...Sparrow?..Wombat.. FALCON! That's it - this guy looks like Falcon - aka younger brother ....

And you know who the costume/super suit reminds me of?

Brad Pitt in Mr. & Mrs. Smith! :)

Now THAT was a hilariously good movie - but you shouldn't make Duke look like Brad Pitt out of a Romantic Comedy with guns :)

VFTF1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Plot summary from Chapters.ca for the GI Joe movie novelization:

G.I. JOE is back, only these JOES are part of an international covert force of operatives--the Global Integrated Joint Operating Entity. This organization battles the forces of evil all over the world--armed with the latest in next-generation spy and military equipment. While on a mission to transport a case of nuclear warheads, Duke (Channing Tatum) and Ripcord (Marlon Wayans)''s Special Forces unit is ambushed by COBRA, a secret terrorist cell. Duke soon realizes his long-lost love, the Baroness (also known as Ana) headed up the ambush, but before he can do anything, General Hawk (Dennis Quaid)''s team of JOES shows up and sends the entire COBRA team packing. Duke and Ripcord follow the JOES back to their base, the Pit, where they are briefed on what the JOES know. Duke insists on joining the JOES to complete the warhead transport and expose COBRA''s ultimate plan to set off the warheads in four major European cities.

source here: http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/JOE-Ri...78565-item.html

Duke and Baroness? Wtf. That's not necessary...

That was revealed a while back... apparantly Duke left her at the altar (possibly litterally) and she disapears and comes back as the Baroness. Also either Ripcod or Breaker (can't remember which) is supposed to spend most of the movie trying to put the moves on Scarlett.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
New movie pics don't really look that impressive - gives me a Sci Fi channel monster movie of the week feel ...

Yep. Same impression I got. Snake Eyes crouching with the sword looks like he's being played by the guy from the old 80s Dunkin' Donhuts commercials who got a weekend gig or was pulled out of retirement - or maybe it's that dude who played the cop in Die Hard and the father in that series with Erkle in it? ....

The Barones walking into a PITCH BLACK cave with SUN GLASSES ON just looks retarded.

Snake Eyes on that SUV looks either like an inflatable sex doll gone horribly wrong or like someone who just then realized that those eggs he had for breakfast were rotten.

Ugh .. plot is sounding VERY LAME ....

Sounds like they took an un-made Austin Powers movie seriously :)

True..but then again so does the plot for last year's Transformers.

Yeah, but that had giant robots. Giant robots are cool.

Duke and Baroness? Wtf. That's not necessary...

It is necessary for one reason: to make the original Marvel Comics a bloody masterpiece for its' wild and brilliant backstory on the Barroness, Destro and Snake Eyes.

Meanwhile, the Movie sounds like One Life to Live mixed with Commando ...

The only thing that can save this film is if there are numerous erotic scenes with the Baroness in it.

And space aliens.

Pete