GI Joe lurches towards live-action filmdom (i.e. G.I. Joe live action)

Pointless update IMHO---so similar to the original, yet worse in every way. If you're going to go through the time/expense of an all-new mold that close to the original---just re-make the original! It was perfect. Now it just looks "toy-istic". The original was far more realistic, and that's what made it cool. Plus the original was HUGE. This looks Rattler/Conquest sized. GI Joe vehicles (IMHO) all about "plausible realism"---like, 'what we could have in 10-20 years'--or even what we could have now, had things gone differently. It's half-way to being a chibi/SD Night Raven.

See that's the thing though, it's accurate to the movie's reimagined design as opposed to the classic one. I personally prefer the original, that one is AWESOME. The new one is okay,not terrible but my main issue is with the design itself used in the movie as opposed to the toy. Why the designers thought that a boxy aircraft would be stealthy and futuristic over the original which had much better stealthy and futuristic qualities is beyond me

Hasbro does have the vintage mold though, who knows, maybe it can be released as a Target exclusive or modern era release. Hell it could be repainted into the Sky Raven if they wanted to make more money back.

Night Raven looks pretty cool...though the shotgun thingy is kinda lame..... i might be getting that.

Accelerosuit....is kinda creepy.....reminds me of the robotic mule somehow. :lol:

PS: no idea of old GIJOE toys cuz i was too poor to afford them when i was a kid. :(

I am not feeling these new GI Joe toys nor the movie. The toys just look stupid. No originality or imagination. I understand they are trying to stay up with the times but its not working. I remember GI Joe used to stay up to date with their weapon systems. In the 80s you had the Sky Striker (F-14), The Dragonfly Copter (Huey Cobra AH) and The Rattler (A-10). In the 90s you had the Ghost X-19( Stealh Fighter experimental) Night Raven (SR-71), Conquest X-30 (Fighter experimantal) and my favorite the Defiant Space shuttle. Where is that type of military authenticity? GI Joe is straying a little of the beaten path. I hope they come back. Hopefully with a nice F-22, Su-27, Apache AH, and an upgrade to the old school Mauler battle tank.

I am not feeling these new GI Joe toys nor the movie. The toys just look stupid. No originality or imagination. ...

GI JOE is growing up, it isn't a goofy cartoon anymore. The toys are targeted at older kids than the original ones. I like the direction.

GI JOE is growing up, it isn't a goofy cartoon anymore. The toys are targeted at older kids than the original ones. I like the direction.

GI Joe toys from the 80s and 90s looked like they where for adults. It had an olive drab or brown look that military toys suppose to have. Now a days I don'tknow if they are going to war or to a rave.

GI Joe toys from the 80s and 90s looked like they where for adults. It had an olive drab or brown look that military toys suppose to have. Now a days I don'tknow if they are going to war or to a rave.

I think the 90s and late 80s were the height of neon, for Joe. I loved the early 80s stuff, with its subdued military colors. One of my favorite modern Joes I own, is my custom Duke, that I repainted with Model Master military colors.

I think the 90s and late 80s were the height of neon, for Joe. I loved the early 80s stuff, with its subdued military colors. One of my favorite modern Joes I own, is my custom Duke, that I repainted with Model Master military colors.

Please keep in mind. I am not talking about Tiger Force, Python Patrol, Battle Force 2000, and I think they had some type of Ecco troopers thing in which they came with water guns. Those were just silly. But I must say Python Patrol had the best look out of all of them.

• 1 month later...

Best I could find. :(

Consider your anti-ninja Snake Eyes stand though, I should warn you: SE pretty much uses only edged-weapon whoop-ass in this teaser.

But me still likey! B))

:o:huh:

Holy COW!!!!! :blink: ME LIKES!!!! ^_^

Loved the part when Snake Eyes.....[.b]twists the sword after stabbing the unfortunate Cobra grunt." [/b] :ph34r:

ALSO... I loved the part where the black dude says "A Ninja? I didn't know we had a ninja." :lol:

BTW......

@0:15 & 0:20 of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKVqPzm134U...feature=related

Are those the "Nano Muscle Suit" from Crysis? :huh:

Edited by grss1982

I actually don't dream about men... But I understand why Roy does, he has been looking at my avatar for a few years, and I am a sexy bitch. It often creates sexual confusion with other men. I am just a work of art.

And yes... Good observation. The Predator team would be the closest correlation to my vision of the live action JOE team I would want.

That would be a cool Joe team, the guys from Predator. But I read somewhere (I think it was Immediate Action - Andy McNab) that a lot of real special forces types aren't huge....like our Agent One. Most of them probably look more like marathon runner types....any truth in that?

That would be a cool Joe team, the guys from Predator. But I read somewhere (I think it was Immediate Action - Andy McNab) that a lot of real special forces types aren't huge....like our Agent One. Most of them probably look more like marathon runner types....any truth in that?

A lot of SEALS have a lot of upper body strength for roping up the side of ships and from swimming but Green Berets are more like marathon runners usually. The typical special forces operator is calm, intelligent, physically fit (not a body builder) and brave, patriotic and fearless as hell.

Edited by MilSpex

Ummm is that Cobra or Skeletor....

They said that they didnt want the cowl cuz it looked like the KKK. Kinda stupid... You gotta respect the source. LOL. The Medicom figures look a lot better than this stuff.

OMG the evil Cobra might be associated with the evil KKK? I thought the KKK was one group you can safely pick on and not get someone offended. Them, the nazi, and euro-trash criminals. What is the world coming to when you can't associate villains with the KKK.

There's also a script review out. If real then this movie gonna be lame. Okay you already knew that.

Ummm is that Cobra or Skeletor....

They said that they didnt want the cowl cuz it looked like the KKK. Kinda stupid... You gotta respect the source. LOL. The Medicom figures look a lot better than this stuff.

Are they saying it would be a insult to the KKK to associate them with Cobra Commander?

Exactly. I don't buy Bonaventura's reasoning either. If they were that afraid, they should have just gone with the battle mask and call it a day. Iconic, functional, and practical. Yet simple.

Plus, it plays on the whole faceless, unknown enemy bit.

And from a filming standpoint it would make for some interesting, "artsy" scenes, especially if the faceplate is reflective. You could do scenes where CC is talking or pursuading someone to join his cause and that someone sees their distorted image/reflection in CC's faceplate.

It's ARTSY and full of SUBTEXT!!!

Seriously though, my only hope at this point is that the powers that be are delaying the release of Resolute until after the film for marketing and/or "hedging their bets" purposes.

Are they saying it would be a insult to the KKK to associate them with Cobra Commander?
Leonardo di Bonaventura, one of the producers, said that he and others were worried that the hooded look of Cobra Commander could be associated with the KKK.

Almost NO ONE believes him. Hell I don't. I'm not trying to discredit the guy, but come on, when you see the hooded Cobra Commander, does he look like a Klansmen to you? To me he looks like some guy with a blue hood and a cobra symbol smacked onto the forehead.

If they were that worried, and to reduce the amount of bitching while preserving brand recognition and the iconic look, as well as functionality and practicality, they should have just gone with the battle mask look.

Leonardo di Bonaventura, one of the producers, said that he and others were worried that the hooded look of Cobra Commander could be associated with the KKK.

Almost NO ONE believes him. Hell I don't. I'm not trying to discredit the guy, but come on, when you see the hooded Cobra Commander, does he look like a Klansmen to you? To me he looks like some guy with a blue hood and a cobra symbol smacked onto the forehead.

If they were that worried, and to reduce the amount of bitching while preserving brand recognition and the iconic look, as well as functionality and practicality, they should have just gone with the battle mask look.

But cobra commander is Evil, and The KKK are Evil what is the difference?

Leo is a Little wussy baby.