Macross 25th Anniversary and upcoming new TV series thread

azrael

That tattoo looks pretty bad dude. You should have waited until there was a better picture of it released, because going off that little poorly drawn piece in the trailer didn't work out well. Like, I'm guessing the thing in the middle is supposed to be a VF, not that you can really tell from the tattoo though... :-/

well guys like I said its a incomplete it need s a tons more shading of white and gray for the valk and the background, and plus I trust this he has done some pretty great work on my back with my mac plus compass.

That tattoo looks pretty bad dude. You should have waited until there was a better picture of it released, because going off that little poorly drawn piece in the trailer didn't work out well. Like, I'm guessing the thing in the middle is supposed to be a VF, not that you can really tell from the tattoo though... :-/

EDIT: Looking at that again, I hope to hell you drew that yourself with a ball point pen. The lines are horrible.

I have to admit people been telling the valk looks like a f-35, but yes I did do it with a ball point pen.

Not really sure I buy the theory that VF development has slowed in the post Macross 7 era. We simple know too little at this point to be sure.

Assuming that Macross F is set sometime between 2070 to 2075, that's only 25 to 30 years after the events of Macross 7.

Potentially during this period, you could have the VF-23 & VF-24 as well as the confirmed VF-25 and VF-171. Who knows, perhaps other VB and VA have also been developed during this period, as well as other triple number designations for updates of older VFs, e.g. VF-19 becomes VF-191 and VF-22 becomes VF-221. Also, as somebody else mentioned earlier in this thread there may even be some new 4-digit Valks, such as a VF-6000 or VF-8000!

That seems plenty of possibilities to fill a 25 to 30 year gap, especially considering the main UN VF seems to get replaced only roughly every 10 years.

In 2045, the VF-19 and VF-22 were still not in widespread use yet. Heck if we go by the events in VF-X2, it seems they weren't really in widespread use even by 2050!

Graham

I have to admit people been telling the valk looks like a f-35, but yes I did do it with a ball point pen.

:rolleyes:

Still can`t login from home but I look forward to going to work now so I can check up. Exciting times.

Hey, did you notice the Skull (with a knife) on the insigna of the cool looking VF pilot? Maybe it's just a Skull Squadron homage, but hey, you never know!

I've seen that logo or something similar to it before, but can't remember where?!

its dd's logo from mac zero I think

No, Ivanov's logo didn't have a sheild behind it and the dagger was on an angle in the skull, this one is straight up and down. Ivanov's logo was also red, not white.

Edited by Zinjo

I figure that it is probably a unit patch of some kind. If they follow the trend of previous Macross shows I wouldn't be surprised if it's wearer isn't either an ace or in a special forces-type unit (like Roy or Gamlin) so it could well be their unit flash.

I know I'm late to the party on this, but I just had to add how pleased I am to see those VF-171*'s. I have a bit of a love of the VF-17 despite, or perhaps, because of it's rather different look to most VF's so the idea that derivatives of the airframe might get some screen time in the new show does rather please me. Rather liking the look of the VF-25 as well - although my brain did do a double-take when, during the transformation sequence, it seemed to be held together by two very thin looking pivot arms. It just looked so horribly vulnerable to me for a moment there. Thank goodness for the wonders of Overtechnology! :-)

Karl

Wow thanks! But I can't seem to find it.

Sorry about that, the Apache server thing I was using crashed my laptop. Thank you Windows Vista.

Anyway, it anyone wants it to get it on the PSP for some reason just go to RSS and open the Crackle website. Login to the Macross account, macross@world.com and password mworld. At least this way anyone can get it anytime.

Wow, ok, I missed this. Totally. I'm sold.

Ok, one thing, being a bit late to the party... only the Youtube version seems to be out and about. I can't find the original 11.2MB file of the trailer. Anyone download it from the site before it went down (they pulled it?)?

Edited by Duke Togo

Hey, did you notice the Skull (with a knife) on the insigna of the cool looking VF pilot? Maybe it's just a Skull Squadron homage, but hey, you never know!

Also, as I mentioned previously, the same horned skull with dagger insignia is also on the top of the VF-25 No. SMS 001.

Graham

post-11-1195177060_thumb.jpg

*GAK* Where have I been?!?!? The new VF looks SWEET!!!!! GAH! Can't wait for the line art! So pretty - love the feet and legs and the V-stabilizers in gerwalk!

I also thought that it was an exo-skeleton of sorts, but look at the whole sequence again... it's a battroid. It shows how its controlled pretty much like we were shown how the YF-21 is controlled in Macross Plus vol. 1

Or take a look at this:

post-322-1194752345_thumb.jpg

God I love that shot - So awesome. Not enough of those in Macross.

A couple of gifts for all of you...

First, the scan of the Newtype in high resolution... B))post-322-1195096405_thumb.jpg

THANKS!!!

Anbody know of a good free media player which will play .flv files and allow you to go through the video frame by frame.

The free player I'm currently using called 'VLC Media Player' has no frame by frame function and a really slow pause function. When you hit pause, it takes 2-3 seconds beforethe video actually pauses. Completely useless for trying to capture images.

Graham

Sorry about that, the Apache server thing I was using crashed my laptop. Thank you Windows Vista.

Anyway, it anyone wants it to get it on the PSP for some reason just go to RSS and open the Crackle website. Login to the Macross account, macross@world.com and password mworld. At least this way anyone can get it anytime.

Got it! Thank you very much!

EDIT: Looking at that again, I hope to hell you drew that yourself with a ball point pen. The lines are horrible.

I say never wait my friends, al be the first oh god my blood is pumping of so much energy right now.......still I love the tatoo.

So... the official website no longer has the trailer in FLV format, and the "Special" option in the menu is no longer active (although they still kept the news titled "SPECIAL OPEN!" hehehe)

There is a WMV video here http://www2.b-ch.com/cgi-bin/cmn/pv/pv_vie...00.cgi?pv_c=994 but it's only available within Japan :( Does anybody know if the resolution is better than the FLV?

And finally, for those of you that need to have a Macross F fix on the go... ^_^Macross_F.zip (works in my Sony Ericsson, hope it works in other mobiles too)

edit: typo

Edited by GGemini

Damn. This trailer looks awesome. Makes me sooo nolstalgic for the original show. Is the new singer, Sheryl, the same as the Misa-style bridge bunny crew person? They're both blonde, so I'm confused. I don't really care for the new lead guy's bishonen hair either, but I bet he'll have it cut shorter/modified if he's gonna be a serious cockpit jockey.

There is a WMV video here http://www2.b-ch.com/cgi-bin/cmn/pv/pv_vie...00.cgi?pv_c=994 but it's only available within Japan :( Does anybody know if the resolution is better than the FLV?

I believe it's the same quality as the DIVX version that was posted earlier. What stands out for me is the nice stereo mix. Though, I can't remember if the DIVX version was in mono or stereo...

Anbody know of a good free media player which will play .flv files and allow you to go through the video frame by frame.

The free player I'm currently using called 'VLC Media Player' has no frame by frame function and a really slow pause function. When you hit pause, it takes 2-3 seconds beforethe video actually pauses. Completely useless for trying to capture images.

Graham

I use VLC for taking screenshots because it takes snapshots of almost everything without problems. When I have had issues with the speed of the footage and pausing, I just play the video in slow motion and screencap away.

Damn. This trailer looks awesome. Makes me sooo nolstalgic for the original show. Is the new singer, Sheryl, the same as the Misa-style bridge bunny crew person? They're both blonde, so I'm confused. I don't really care for the new lead guy's bishonen hair either, but I bet he'll have it cut shorter/modified if he's gonna be a serious cockpit jockey.

I think there are two blonde female characters Sheryl and the blonde Misa type officer, in one part of the trailer i whom i guess i Sheryl is walking with a blonde female officer at her side, maybe they are relatives? would it be interesting that the militar side and singing side of the love triangle are sisters or something?

Graham

My recommendation is to use VirtualDub or VirtualDub Mod but mod seems to have better compatibility and less crashes although features are gimped a little.. Not sure if it plays FLV files but it relies on your codec to work; it should be able to capture frames though.

Hope that helps.

Edit: Links

Edited by Ishimaru

I think there are two blonde female characters Sheryl and the blonde Misa type officer, in one part of the trailer i whom i guess i Sheryl is walking with a blonde female officer at her side, maybe they are relatives? would it be interesting that the militar side and singing side of the love triangle are sisters or something?

I wouldn't mind seeing twins... :)