Macross 25th Anniversary and upcoming new TV series thread

azrael

HOLY!! :blink:

That Gerwalk pic under the Armored version has that old "SDF Macross" vibe to it. Reminds me a lot of when Hikaru gunned down one of the Pods in the very early episodes of the original Macross series. The VF-25 is a beauty. Hopefully Yamato will make a few of these, I'd buy em all up in a snap.

Bring on the merchandise!

Edited by OmegaD3k

I'm very worried if Bandai has the license. Macross 7 was apparently very popular in Japan, and look how horribly Bandai handled that. It's not like they're not capable of creating great toys, it just seems that when it comes to Macross they don't even try. On the other hand, if they did actually put a little effort into it, that could be great. I'd like to see them give Yamato a run for their money.

I recently passed on ordering Shin's VF-0A with Ghost because I was certain it would be less important to me once Macross 25 toys started showing, but if Bandai drops the ball with the Macross toy license again...gah. It would be a shame, especially with how great the VF-25 and the VF-171 both look.

Edited by Radd

I'm very worried if Bandai has the license. Macross 7 was apparently very popular in Japan, and look how horribly Bandai handled that. It's not like they're not capable of creating great toys, it just seems that when it comes to Macross they don't even try. On the other hand, if they did actually put a little effort into it, that could be great. I'd like to see them give Yamato a run for their money.

I recently passed on ordering Shin's VF-0A with Ghost because I was certain it would be less important to me once Macross 25 toys started showing, but if Bandai drops the ball with the Macross toy license again...gah. It would be a shame, especially with how great the VF-25 and the VF-171 both look.

That's my fear too. Being powerful force in Japan though, it wouldn't surprise me if Bandai did sweep up every licence there is. While that means that HG can't f**k around with them if they decide to bring Frontier to America, they might not put in the effort required when it comes to transforming toys. Worse scenario is that they sit on it and do nothing. Best thing is that we may get some PG Valks or something like that. Although, I'm not really one for Plamodels, but real toys.

Bandai? Is this confirmed? I feel afraid for it then. Look at what Bandai did to Macross II and Macross 7. Hell....look what they did to any of the non-gundam toy lines. Eureka 7? Code Geass? Evangelion (the 1st toylines and model kits were meh).

I Fear the worse. I can't think of a good bandai non-gundam toyline not counting Soul of Chogokin.

I'd hate to be the guy that designs that toy. Friggin bits sticking out everyhwere!

It's already designed! :D It's in 3D so all they have to do is "print" the thing. ^_^

Anyways on the commercial....

At the 5 second mark is that a big arsed Yamato styled warship or what! :blink: Also it looks like their will be a version of City 7 ala City 10. Looks yummy though!!

At the 9 second mark we see, "poo BLOWS UP!", another ship with a 4 nacelle setup. Warship? Ally? Foe? On this note it really does look like this will be a partially human on human war with some aliens thrown in. Come on Anti-UN!!! :D LOL!

At the 7-8 second mark the transformation sequence clearly shows that Macross has now become the home of Super Robots. Valk's flying apart and recombining via energy beam handwavium oh freaking my! :angry: Not happy at all....

It's already designed! :D It's in 3D so all they have to do is "print" the thing. ^_^

Anyways on the commercial....

At the 5 second mark is that a big arsed Yamato styled warship or what! :blink: Also it looks like their will be a version of City 7 ala City 10. Looks yummy though!!

At the 9 second mark we see, "poo BLOWS UP!", another ship with a 4 nacelle setup. Warship? Ally? Foe? On this note it really does look like this will be a partially human on human war with some aliens thrown in. Come on Anti-UN!!! :D LOL!

At the 7-8 second mark the transformation sequence clearly shows that Macross has now become the home of Super Robots. Valk's flying apart and recombining via energy beam handwavium oh freaking my! :angry: Not happy at all....

It could be a new part of the SWAG? armor.

Must be the excitement getting in the way of rational thought. I know I'm having trouble curbing my enthusiasm :)

I just went through the commercial again and noted more about that Super VF-25. The boosters sit right on the wing root to the fuselage, right where those forward protrusions we speculated might be guns. Perhaps those sections are just connection nodes for linking the Super Part controls into the VF-25. Anyway, thanks for the screen shot klam1020.

At the 7-8 second mark the transformation sequence clearly shows that Macross has now become the home of Super Robots. Valk's flying apart and recombining via energy beam handwavium oh freaking my! Not happy at all....

I think you're reading way too much into it. All we see is an electrical discharge coming from one part of the transformation. It's not like the whole fighter is enveloped in an electrical field. Plus, at no point in the VF-25's transformation is anything completely detached from the rest of the machine.

I agree with Beltane70. The VF-25 does not fly apart. I've had to correct people on other message boards about this as well, it seems for some reason people are mentally blocking the "fuselage forks" and are mesmerized by the embellishing CG effects. In fact, the VF-1 is the only Kawamori design to my knowledge that cheats with the separation of the legs. Every other design stays together during transformation. Besides, Macross already had it's "Super Robot" phase in Macross 7 and it's since bounced firmly back into real robot with Macross Zero. I don't think there's anything to fear with Macross Frontier on that issue.

Edited by Mr March

hcm macross f figures would be cool. i still hope for the future figures to be 1/60, 1/72, or the unlikely 1/55 so that my macross collection stays in scale. maybe 1/100 too.

probably unrelated but tried downloading it and then my computer was acting weird for a while so i stopped the download. will settle for the flv format.

Edited by sh002

Meh. I could care less how it transforms, I just want that fighter. :D

Actually, that worries me a bit as well.. if Bandai gets the license, I'm guessing that would keep Hasegawa from making kits... which would probably mean that we'd get no dedicated aircraft models. :( I'd probably still buy a transforming kit, but I don't like the thought of not having a solid aircraft mode around for display purposes... instead it might wind up being one that could lose joint tension, and start falling out of shape like the gundam kits tend to after a long time. You could glue the thing together, sure.. but then you wasted half the cost of the kit in extra parts. :p

I'll just have to hope they put a decent effort in.. and maybe hope that they can badger HG into letting it into the US.

Edit: btw, just had another look at the first trailer. Assuming that they're color coordinating, and the blue-haired guy (very tempting to call him Blair btw) is flying the blue striped VF-25, I'm a little relieved that it appears he has no qualms about blowing stuff up.

Edited by Chronocidal

If Bandai does anything like the chunky-monkey M7 toys, I'll live without MF toys. :p The models and toys they made for M7 left a lot to be desired. Now, if only they'd put as much care into it as they do with the Saint Cloth Myth line, and they'd give Yamato a run for their money.

i'm sure if bandai releases anything it would be cool. i would use their current models and toys of other lines as examples. 12-20 year old toy designs can't be used as comparison. as long as they have good designers and toy producers, i think everything should be fine. if bandai released anything new like what yamato did, it would probably have been as good as yamato's.

It looks amazing.

I was pleasantly surprised to see how good this looks, for what the trailer shows, the 2D elements look as good if not better than Macross Zero, which is crazy considering the difference in budgets (OVA vs full series). Of course I'm assuming that on a episode per episode basis Mzero was a lot more expensive to produce. Does anyone have any information on what type of budget Satelight is working with on Macross F vs Macross Zero? I also like the character design of F better than Zero.

If Bandai does anything like the chunky-monkey M7 toys, I'll live without MF toys. :p The models and toys they made for M7 left a lot to be desired. Now, if only they'd put as much care into it as they do with the Saint Cloth Myth line, and they'd give Yamato a run for their money.

Doubtful. The birthrate is dwindling even lower this year, and all the japanese companies that target collectors, are targeting them even moreso now, compared to past years. They know they have to up the ante against Yamato if they are to persue the license. If they are given the license, SCHM Pro, SoulSpec valks and others are likely. Unless the birth rate booms in the next few years, it is doubtful we are ever going to get kid orientated M7-like toys from Bandai.

I'm kind of disappointed that Bandai got the license. If that is true then that means we won't get a Yamato 1/60 VF-25. And the hope for a Perfect Grade 1/60 model kit of the VF-25 is slim to none. Maybe we will get a 1/65 from Bandai's DX line? I am so sad now...=(

We might still be able to get a 1/60 VF-25, it all depends what Bandai's license covers. If I recall correctly, licenses are per scale. Same reason there are up different companies making Mospeada Ride Armors in different sizes as well as the mecha from Megazone 23.

A VF-25 in 1/60 might be rather small for a PG kit.. Most Macross mecha are dwarfed by Gundams unless you compare V Gundam. Soulspec is the best bet, or maybe even 1/55, a scale Bandai is mostly known for in Macross, and unused by yamato.

well, I'm hoping/thinking bandai will do a good job on the new valk toys. Gone are the days when they could just slap their logo on somthing and expect market dominance. there's just too many high end toys and licenses out there now for fans to spend their money on. I think bandai will realize that if they want to compete in a niche market like Macross, they're going to have to pony up and deliver quality goods.

and I'm really digging the new armor variants to the vf-25. sweeet.

well, I'm hoping/thinking bandai will do a good job on the new valk toys. Gone are the days when they could just slap their logo on somthing and expect market dominance. there's just too many high end toys and licenses out there now for fans to spend their money on. I think bandai will realize that if they want to compete in a niche market like Macross, they're going to have to pony up and deliver quality goods.

and I'm really digging the new armor variants to the vf-25. sweeet.

Its a necessity for them, without as many kids to sell to, they HAVE to make something adults will buy. Same reason most of their recent offerings, as well as Takara's have been aimed at adult markets. The last toy they made for a Kawamori franchise was the DX black Aquarion, and that toy was certainly not for children. We can expect the same for any Macross F releases, if it is indeed them who have a toy license.

I really really love the new VF-25 and the fast/armored pack, I can wait for the models and toys, B))

By the way, I know someone has already ask about new detroids... I remember that until Macross Zero we saw some kind of new "first" versions of the detroids we alredy know in SDFM TV series and movie.

Do you think that we have any chance to see new destroids, I love it a new kind of Monters o Tomahawk destroids :rolleyes:

We might still be able to get a 1/60 VF-25, it all depends what Bandai's license covers. If I recall correctly, licenses are per scale. Same reason there are up different companies making Mospeada Ride Armors in different sizes as well as the mecha from Megazone 23.

A VF-25 in 1/60 might be rather small for a PG kit.. Most Macross mecha are dwarfed by Gundams unless you compare V Gundam. Soulspec is the best bet, or maybe even 1/55, a scale Bandai is mostly known for in Macross, and unused by yamato.

Well there might be hope yet then. 1/60 is the scale for PG Gundams. So a PG Valk would be about the same size as Yamato's 1/60.

Would a SoulSpec Valk transform or is it strictly action figure/ battroid?? It would be even better than a Revoltech.

Edited by badboy00z