Macross 25th Anniversary and upcoming new TV series thread

azrael

My comments after seeing the promo:

The VF-25 is an interesting design, my one gripe, that wierd green energy beam that comes to life during transformation, what is that all about? Also I think that the VF-25 may in fact not be the new mainline fighter, I think it may in fact be an advanced trainer, i.e. the trainees have moved up from the VT-1/11 or whatever and now are soloing in the VF-25. The story might then involve the VF-25s having to be moved to frontline duty due to losses incurred.

The VF-17/171: I see this as a later model VF-17, or possibly heavily upgraded models that are filling in as the mainline fighter on this fleet for some reason. It could be that when this fleet launched a surplus of VF-17s were available, that General Galaxy then upgraded to the modern level including some VF-22 features. There are enough changes to the design for it to be a new model based on the same frame, perhaps they are even VF-17I's hmm VF-17s that the Isrealis got hold of and upgraded the snot out of, imagine the possibilities.

VF-XX: I think that there is a good possibility that another new model VF will show up, possibly even something devised aboard the fleet to counter the new bad guys.

Other VFs are a definite possiblity to show up, either as museum pieces, collectors items, etc...

I'm so excited about this new series I had to come back to MW. :)

Finally the Macross series returns to what looks like its good ol' roots and with Yoko Kanno music to boot.

The great thing about this is even if it's related the Macross 7 and it decides to go all weird with ore no uta wo kike, the music will still be great.

And hopefully somewhere along the course of the show, that lead will get a better haircut...

I doubt it. The design is hardcore bishie, so unless they can give him an equally "Bishie" haircut I doubt that it will happen. I just hope that they don't have him falling for his instructor.... :blink::lol:

Knight26, I think that was a rip from both Gundam and TTGL, so that it has more "flash" for audience appeal & "wow" factor.

Holy crap if triple digit designations are upgraded, improved versions of already proved VFs, then I'm going to start running around screaming WOOHOO at the top of my lungs if there turns out to be an upgraded VF-11. :D

I noticed the color of the VF-171, but hadn't remembered that the VF-17 colors were different in Dynamite 7.

It is an exciting prospect, even for Kawamorisan himself. The carte blanche to revisit older designs and modify them to suit his new design tastes.

Hmmm, a VF-9 that becomes the VF-91 (SW-XAII Schneegans) fighter.... :) , a nice dream.... :rolleyes:

The mind boggles with the possibilities... :wacko:

Very good point, my young Zinjawan :)

Gawd, I have that trailer song stuck in my head and it won't go away. My coworkers are looking at me funny when they pass me singing jibberish :):lol:

Haha, I have the same problem...song stuck in my head as well [my fav. part being from the point she starts singing to about 1:15 into the trailer. (I really love the part where we see the valkyrie launch...with the guitar being strummed!)]. Hell, I even have the trailer playing in the background as I type this at work. :lol: I don't suppose anyone would have figured out the name of the song since I first asked...? ^_^

Edited by Oihan

ANYONE know if that's the Megumi Nakajima singing in the trailer?

Is she Sheyrl Nome's seiyū? I'd think it'd be her singing, seeing as how we see Sheyrl's face and name at the end of the teaser...tis my logic anyway.

Edited by Oihan

Is she Sheyrl Nome's seiyū? I'd think it'd be her singing, seeing as how we see Sheyrl's face and name at the end of the teaser...tis my logic anyway.

You guys are not going to get this. I just got a tatoo of the flight school emblem on my right arm (its missing some color) al post a pic as soon as soon as I can get a hold of a camera. come on some one give me props lol man I am still bounceing off the walls since I have seen that trailer B))

Dont worry al show pics as soon as I get off of work, its funny because when people see it they look at me all weird but if a macross fan (a up to date) saw it they would know what I am talking about. lol

lol what if that logo design was only for the trailer and got changed in the final version of the anime?

could you post pics of those models that were 2 years in the making too deadghost

ok here the pic of the tatoo (incomplete, the tatoo artist was lazy) but as for the the two kits by jason gares that I am going to ask for by next week, he is painting them as a favor for me, I dont want to be rude and rush him but al ask if he can give me some pics because of you guys ;)

post-4019-1195103756_thumb.jpg

Edited by deadghost

Guys, If someone else mentioned it before, please forgive me. But I think that the yellow/black sign on the nose and on the main wing of the VF-25 is the new sign "SMS". Just like the SMS007 sign on the right wing.

At the right picture, you can clearly see a reverse M letter and two S letters to form a triangular SMS sign.

smsxz0.png

Edited by charger69

GGemini you are godlike!

Not only did he scan the pic, he also cleaned up the "seam" that ran down the middle (if many have already forgotten)!

SMS could stand for "Super Macross Ship"...

I am really curious as to what that means?

I believe the windows in the nose of the 25 are actually camera windows as the diamond shaped areas on the nose are vernier thrusters, not cameras like on the VF-19.

Deadhost you win, you are the super leet macross fan! :p

Edited by Zinjo

That tattoo looks pretty bad dude. You should have waited until there was a better picture of it released, because going off that little poorly drawn piece in the trailer didn't work out well. Like, I'm guessing the thing in the middle is supposed to be a VF, not that you can really tell from the tattoo though... :-/

EDIT: Looking at that again, I hope to hell you drew that yourself with a ball point pen. The lines are horrible.

Edited by yellowlightman