Macross 25th Anniversary and upcoming new TV series thread

azrael

Full transforming armor; that's certainly absolutely awesome! The more I see the VF-25 transformation, the more I love it. When the VF-25 transforms it flows gracefully from one form to the next rather than the traditional hard flip-and-fly conversions. I really like that.

Full transforming armor; that's certainly absolutely awesome! The more I see the VF-25 transformation, the more I love it. When the VF-25 transforms it flows gracefully from one form to the next rather than the traditional hard flip-and-fly conversions. I really like that.

Yeah, I got the feeling too that the final forms are more solid. I'm glad of that, and I guess the help from a bit of computer modelling or whatever you call it in animation production, helps with Kawamori's designs.

Okay, so it looks like there is skull squadron or one influenced by it. The symbol is a skull with wings blended in. Color scheme is similar. I wonder if the guy piloting the yellow/black trimmed VF-25 is a descendant of Roy. The 2 different sets of armor look great, as well as the last shot of a VF-25 in gerwalk in red/black trim. I wonder who pilots that. Looks great so far. I wish I knew the premiere date. This looks awesome. The theme song is catchy too.

Personally, I'm hoping the mysterious organic looking enemy are not related to the AFOS/Protodeviln/Protoculture etc.

Conventional Valks just cannot fight such enemies on equal terms, making the fights too one sided, unless reaction weapons are involved and even then the chance of winning is minimal.

I'm hoping that the enemy is a new race which is about equal in capability to the VF-25. Fights will be more interesting that way.

Graham

I'm hoping that the fights will be interesting as well and even matched, making for great fight scenes.

Personally, I do not think that the new alien designs are totally organic, they are too clean for that. Or perhaps my idea of alien and organic consists of sloppy and slimey, big sharp teeth and what not. I certainly hope it's the former and not the latter, and the scene with the energy cannon by that red thing near the end of the first trailer certainly lends weight to this.

I honestly love this new VF-25. The fighter mode looks sleek and is a much improved version of the VF-1, while the other modes also look solid and different enough from the old design. I love the fact that it now has a shield, and also an awesome GERWALK mode and a new multitude of new generation FAST Packs. I always loved the GERWALK form of the VF-11 and YF-19, but to see it adapted into a VF-1 like VF is just a dream come true. This rocks. I can't wait.

All we need to see now is a recon FAST Pack and a full-on GBP version. This new FAST Pack-GBP Armour system is a great new concept. Bring on more surprises Kawamori!

Yet more new Macross torture!

At least we're seeing a lot more information coming out about the show. :D

can anyone get a good pic of the the squall with wings on "mr. fockers" flight helmet (which I think is the best) I feel like geting another tatto hehheh. God I feel like a military intel recon team lol

Edited by deadghost

What she says at the end is: "atashi no uta o kike" which is the feminine way of saying what Basara says: "ore no uta o kike" - "Listen to my song". :p

I just can't get over how cool the fighter and gerwalk mode of the VF-25 looks. I'm picky on gerwalk, but I really like this one. :D

Okay, so it looks like there is skull squadron or one influenced by it. The symbol is a skull with wings blended in. Color scheme is similar. I wonder if the guy piloting the yellow/black trimmed VF-25 is a descendant of Roy.

Probably not. He just happens to be using the same colors.

I honestly love this new VF-25. The fighter mode looks sleek and is a much improved version of the VF-1, while the other modes also look solid and different enough from the old design. I love the fact that it now has a shield, and also an awesome GERWALK mode and a new multitude of new generation FAST Packs. I always loved the GERWALK form of the VF-11 and YF-19, but to see it adapted into a VF-1 like VF is just a dream come true. This rocks. I can't wait.

All we need to see now is a recon FAST Pack and a full-on GBP version. This new FAST Pack-GBP Armour system is a great new concept. Bring on more surprises Kawamori!

I like how the VF-25 in battroid mode doesn't resemble a plane at all like some other VFs. It makes it interesting and not make it so obvious that it's a fighter jet.

Can somebody upload the new trailer to the rapidshare please?

If you got Mozilla Firefox, go and download the "Downloadhelper" plugin. You can take the video off Youtube.

Unless someone has got the proper one of course.

Does anyone know the new designation for the VF-25 yet? Will be pretty funny if it was the VF-25 Frontier.

Be nice if they gave it Valkyrie II... but uhh, without consulting books or websites, isn't that what they designated the

Macross II Valks? I could be totally wrong on that, but still, Valkyrie II would be really nice. It is after all, a combination

of just about every other Valkyrie before her. Now just gotta get this wanker to cut his hair! LMAO!! :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Standard VF-25 x three modes x mulitple colorschemes= :huh:

FAST packed VF-25 x three modes x multiple colorschemes= :blink:

Armored VF-25 x three modes x multiple colorschemes= :wacko:

I'm glad I'm not a completist collector. B))

I'm so lucky that my salary triples after I get registered as a pharmacist. Otherwise, I may not be able to keep up. :wacko::blink:

Although, I heard that Bandai swept up the toy licence. I hope they do a good job, they haven't made a complex transforming variable fighter for ages.

I'm so lucky that my salary triples after I get registered as a pharmacist. Otherwise, I may not be able to keep up. :wacko::blink:

Although, I heard that Bandai swept up the toy licence. I hope they do a good job, they haven't made a complex transforming variable fighter for ages.

I just went looking for new job at the local mall just prepare myself just so I can load up on every mac f goods.

Hold on. So Bandai already has the license for Macross F? If so it would be kinda nice to see Bandai's take on the toy factor especially a highly detailed valk. Hehe SOC valk HURRAY. Hmmm and Yamato is starting too get really good in their releases. :(

Well here's to hoping that if Bandai has the license for toys they actually use it and do a good job, as opposed to an one-cheeked job or sit on the license so no one else can use it without paying an exorbitant fee.